MAny problems started with purchase: was set to pay during tax-free weekend but they didn't get necessary detail from installer so said would take projected savings off price of carpet when they put sale through. They messed that up & when I pointed it out, tried to mollify me by saying they'd give me $50 off next purchase - I had to point out that the savings was >$130 so that wasn't acceptable. Then kept putting me off about when they'd refund me the extra charge.

The installation: installer didn't call in 48hrs they claimed would (took 6 days even after I spoke w supervisor). When they finally did call, gave story of injured employee -reason they couldn't install for another 2 wks. So 3 wks wait for carpet order, now another 3 for install. Called Lowes to ask for another installer/earlier date. They called offering an install w 1/2 day's notice (due to a cancellation) but wasn't possible since that's not enough time to pack everything/prepare for install. Then after I had to follow up yet again, was offered a date that I accepted & verified w Lowes - altho' installer didn't return calls I left for them (a fact I told Lowes when verifying). I spent 1 1/2 days from that time packing & moving things then get call from Lowes the afternoon before the date telling me the install was cancelled bc I had "refused" their time slot (bull). Clearly, there was a problem w the installer but instead of owning it & trying to address it professionally, Jo Walsh of the install dept thought it a good idea to blame the customer & tell me "how it was going to be": that I would just have to wait for the original installer who could now not do the job for another 3 wks. !!!!!

These people are phenomenally unprofessional, incompetent and rude. I'd have to add idiotic and lacking in basic customer service skills as well (esp. since the asst. mgr I reported this to didn't even apologize, just agreed to refund my > $2 600 for the project).

Review about: Lowes Installation.

Comments

at least you were able to get a refund! We contracted with Lowe's to replace our siding..our old siding had waving and rippling in spots.

They sent 2 proj mgrs out to quote it and look at what the current siding was doing. We ended up picking out a siding we were told would correct the problem and paid for the siding and the install 17K to be exact. This was 6 months ago...the problem was not corrected...we now have a mix of 2 diff types of siding on the house...and both are waving and rippling. Installers came thru our walls in 3 diff spots, put nails in the roof when they sided the chimney, and have sided a window completely shut!

We have now been passed thru to lowe's legal dept who are truly worse than dealing with the store employees! they are now requiring more money for a diff type of siding and are asking us to sign a document that will remove the warranty and guarantee from the siding they recommend..this has been going on since June when the store mgr was informed the original siding did not work..and we are not in mid Sept with no resolution. Lowe's is beyond incompetent in the install world. they need to get out of it..they don't stnad behind the work they do or the products they install.

They do not spend enough time training their salespeople or their proj mgrs for these big projects and then won't stand behind them when customers are dissatified. Right now I would give just about anything to have my old siding bakc on the house and my 17K.