Product: Lowes Installation Clear all filters (210 of 210 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Asheville, North Carolina - Lowe's royally messed up our carpet installation

We have had a nightmare dealing with Lowe's carpeting. They special ordered carpet then realized the night before installation that they forgot to order enough carpet for the entire house, even though they had the full figures in front of them and had come to our house in person to measure. A subsequent reorder and they realized, whoops, we forgot a second time to order enough carpet. My husband and I, and our 6 month old baby, have been displaced from our home for almost 3 weeks now, and there is no end in sight for when the carpet will be completed. And worst of it is they don't seem really concerned about helping us and don't seem to realize how much they have completely disrupted our lives. They don't really apologize and their continued incompetence is truly mind-boggling. I strongly recommend that you look elsewhere for your flooring needs and do not use Lowe's.

Call the manager (store manager) explain what you just wrote here and ask what he plans to do for you. If he says nothing ask for his market directors number.

Likely he will ask you what you think is fair. 50% is a nice square number. It hits the stores margin so they make nothing. Be polite and play the politics game.

Dont be satisfied until you get the number you want. remember you are the customer with the signed contract that they failed to produce upon. Dont mention legal action or they will not talk.

Good luck. Bet you get half your money back!

I am going through the same thing right now. We moved into our condo one month ago a needed new carpet in both bedrooms.

We went to lowes, took home the swatch board, picked our color and placed the order the next day. We had someone come measure two days later. Then went back and paid and made the order official. We were told 10 days which became over two weeks.

the whole time we didn't really put our things in the bedrooms beside mattresses and dressers. Everything else was in the living room and dining room. Our place is only 1000square feet. Finally the day of installation arrives and I am at the end of my rope living in chaos.

My husband and I get up, move the mattresses onto our balcony, dressers in the bathroom and wait for 10 am. At 11am, we get the call that there was not enough carpeting for both bedrooms. Someone ordered the wrong size. Unbelievable!

We took off work, moved furniture and we were awaiting our carpet just to find out it wasn't happening. There was only enough for one room.

My question is, what do I do know? Go somewhere else and cancel the order?

Wait it out for the right size?

Raise a stink and demand serious discounts? Does anyone know how to deal with lowe's?

View more comments (1)

Lowes in Tampa, Florida - United Flooring Hudson, FL

United Flooring gives terrible customer service and floor installation services. United flooring will lie to your face and give you the worst installation from Lowes subcontractors ever. United flooring scheduling from lack's ontime commitment's. Installers are less than professional. United Flooring does not keep installers accountable to industry standards. United flooring provides all floor covering installations for Lowes and covers Hillsborough and Pasco counties. Makes floor industry look very poor at best primarily for bad service. Why Lowes allows United flooring to install the flooring professionally is a question that only Lowes Installation services can answer. I highly recommend you do not use United Flooring.

just had install today by two of the most experience, AND, courteous united flooring installers. I couldn't have been more pleased with their demeanor,efficiency, work ethic.

I believe it was a father/son team and they worked quickly and left a neat work area when finished.

Its how they are treated as to how they treat you. Don't expect miracles just sincere and honest efforts

Lowe's in Enid, Oklahoma is much worse, bribing officials and inspectors, lying to OSHA for the many roof leaks leaving puddles all over their floor, and poor work environment. The managers are the worst that I have ever dealt with, and I have visited over 32 states as a construction contractor working with Lowe's. :zzz

Bingefox

You are getting what you paid for. Let me explain.

Bye going threw loews you are using a middle man. Not to be ignorant but common sense tells you that if a company is taking less money to perform a job there is a very good reason. If Loews is taking a cut then United has to pay their employees but taking something out of the pot.

(Wich is more than what they pay their employees)you are going to get a *** install. Go with a local service, not contrator who subs out the job.

View more comments (2)
Review
#220696 Review #220696 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

Lowes in Fremont, New Hampshire - Incompetent staff and terrible service.

The Lowes in Epping New Hampshire door installation dept. is incompetent and makes numerous mistakes that cause delays and problems with the intallations. They ordered the wrong door twice for my home. I started this process in October 2010 looking for a door and it is now January 10th, 2011 and they called today to say again to say they ordered the wrong door. They canceled 3 installation appointments. I would never do business with them again and would avoid them to install a door for your home. I had to rearrange my schedule for the installations that never ocurred.
Bobo71863

The Door and Window installation dept. of Lowes (Epping, NH) is incompetent.

I had started looking for a door with Lowes in October 2010. They ordered the wrong door twice and cancelled 3 installatin appointments. They called today January 10th, 2011 to tell me they ordered the wrong door. They said it would take another 21 days to get a new door.

This would take me into February to get a new door. Should it take 5 months to get a door installed into my home?

NO!!!! :sigh

Lowes in Spotsylvania, Virginia - Blinds

Awful service, Very unorganized. I ordered Blinds from this store paid in full for installation, on the day of installation which I took the afternoon off they call me with 1 hour delay saying they forgot to order brackets, another 2 weeks pass by and I recieve the brackets but when I call they say they don't have anybody available for installation. I would never go back to this store. They don't have anyone helping you withe the issue they are responsible for. They just pass you off to eachother on the phone.I hate LOWES and will never shop from their store.

You should call Lowes Customer Care. They make sure that these type of issues get resolved, and they are really appreciative of any feedback from customers. 1-800-44LOWES (1-800-445-6937).

Lied to by Lowes again

I'm deployed with the military. My wife said the dishwasher needed to be replaced. She found what she wanted at Lowes. I told her under no circumstances to use that store in Homestead Florida. I had 2 really bad experiences with that store and was lied to both times. The Manager of the store is a real *** as well. 1st example; I attempted to buy 15K in kitchen cabinets but the sales people couldn't figure out how to order what I wanted. I left without a sale and went to another store where I endured less ***-pain. 2nd example; I custom ordered outdoor lamps. They delivered the wrong ones. I got into an argument with the sales guy who insisted they were the correct ones and I couldn't return them. I had to call the corporate HQ to get my money back after the manager ignored me. Now.. here is one for a sitcom: After telling my wife not order the dishwasher she does anyway. Oh boy, I told her to put me on skype when its delivered because this is going to be a circus. Wrong item again!She calls the sales guy who lies and says my wife ordered what was delivered and she will expect it as delivered! What? Then the Manager gets on the phone (Phillip "el payaso" y un mentiroso) and tells my wife to give him a few days to find the one she wanted. He asks what she wanted for compensation, she hesitates and says free installation. Phillip "el payaso" looses it and yells at my wife that the delivery guy told her to say that and he tells her to say he's fired!! WTF. Are these people for real!! Like my wife is going to fire a Lowes employee LOL. You can't make this stuff up. But, it is the culture of South Florida.
#219053

When I found out she went to this location I told her she was a *** *** and I would divorce her if she was nto such a good cook and if she did not have such a sexy body. I told her she was beautiful but just proves that all blonde women are dumb. Then when she told me to leave her alone I slapped her across the face and she started crying.

Lowes in Seattle, Washington - Didn"t give me the correct cost of 2 countertops

i order countertops from the lakewood wa. lowes.the store associate gave me the total for the purchase,$2100.00 waited 3 weeks for installation, installer came and installed one countertop said his paper work only said one L shape counter. my counter is not L . it straight. long story short store associate only ordred one and now wants another approx $1000.00 for the other one as she forgot to add the square feet of both counters together. store associate says this is lowes cost. not happy at all. if i had know the real cost. i would have had an opprotunity to choose something else.
#792002

sounds like an honest mistake. why wouldn't you expect to pay for the actual item you wanted in the first place. did you not look at the drawing/quote and pricing prior to paying?

if the price seems to good..... you share some responsibility as well ..

you got what you paid for.. be more informed , it's always someone else's fault isn't it

didn't price seem a little low to you when you made the purchase? would have been more anywhere else, stop crying and pay for what you want, you can't be an ignorant consumer and expect to be rewarded for it.

you had to see a drawing and then were there for templating.

typical lowes customer.. i don't know anything abouit what I'm purchasing .i want compensation

#207280

Stand your ground, make them eat it. i work for LOWES the squeaky wheel gets greased.

View more comments (3)
Review
#203862 Review #203862 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Installation
My experience with Lowes' carpet installation was shocking and insulting to decent, honest people. Thankfully, I halted my purchase and will never buy carpet from Lowes. On a room that measured 11' 4" by 19' 4" (rounded up to 12' by 20' - 240 square...

Same thing here. Way over on measurement. When Lowes runs a carpet special which

includes carpet, pad, move furniture, haul away old carpet at one low price - beware.

They recoup their money for all these extras by quoting more square feet than you really need!

View more comments
Review
#203111 Review #203111 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes of albemarle, nc

lowes contracted with us to install a fence in our yard sept 24&25. suppllies delivered on time. 1st installer called wanted to know how hard the soil was. he cancelled out. lowes called and said they could not do the job until oct. we asked them to cancel the job altogeather and we would get someone else. they said give us til 5:00pm. we did. they said the installer would be there fri 24th and tuesday 28th. installer showed at 12:30am & left 3:30pm burning up my outdoor socket, installing 14 poles only, said he had to leave because his daughter was calling from college and he had to be home. he assured us he would be back tuesday 28th and stay until finished. This morning he called and asked us if we had fixed the circuit that he blew out friday. we said no. he said he could not come back because he was backed up on his work and would be here wednesday to finish. in the mean time lowes has charged me for materials and labor that i have not received. their claim of professional service is anything but! will never use them again for any installation. i feel they lied to us just to keep the contract.
Review
#200377 Review #200377 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Installation

Lowes in Sioux City, Iowa - Lowe's Installers less than qualfied, bottom of barrel.

My wife and I had Lowes installer install carpeting and laminate flooring. First, when he finished the carpet he left the vents out. I asked about it and he said "they're in the closet" implying for me to finish the work. Big problem with laminate.....after installation noticed floor buckling. Lowes confirmed we had an unlevel floor. Installer "claimed" he told us and we let him install anyway.....cmon!!! We confronted Lowes with our install agreement which read "floor level, yes"......after telling them that they offered us 500 dollars....load of garbage. Install manager lied and tried to cover up....Store Manager was just as bad and seemed to give a little every time we didnt back down...........Instead of 100 percent guarantee......they will see what you will settle for. We have stopped all contact with the Sioux City, IA Lowes and have started legal action.
Review
#200071 Review #200071 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes in Phoenix, Arizona - Lowe's Destroyed Our House

Don't believe for a minute Lowe's Installation Satisfaction Guarantee. It is absolutely nonsense. We lived in a rural area of Arkansas where Lowe's was the only store that offered building materials at a reasonable price (so we thought). We contracted with Lowe's to install floor tile in our kitchen, living room, dining room and hallway. Lowe's flat-out botched the job. The tile installer was totally unprepared to do the floor. We learned later he had only done bathrooms! Within six months, the tiles began to separate from each other, the corners of the house interior and many tiles made a distinct clang when stepped on. Improper thinset and adhesive were the culprit. A total mess. It took more than 15 phone calls and 3 visits to the store to get anyone from the store to see this *** work. They reluctantly agreed to replace the floor. It took 3 weeks for them to make the decision. We received a knock at the door and it was the tile remover. He only had a hammer and chisel. Literally. We should have stopped the process right there, but we were ignorant of how tile floors should be removed. And looking back, we were really taken in by Lowe's BS. No prep work was done in the areas affected. Nothing was covered and sealed off. Can you guess what's coming? There was silica dust all over the house area where they worked. We tried to vacuum all of it that we could. They agreed to have the tile floor removed and replaced with wood floors (we had no confidence they could do a tile floor again because they only had one installer and it was the *** who did the tile originally). So, while we were gone one day, they brought the wood in and turned on the HVAC to 'cure' the wood (it was February). All that silica dust and other contaminants were dispersed throughout the house. It was everywhere. Lowe's would not clean the house of the contaminants and when we contacted a restoration company, they quoted $25,000 to clean it but could not guarantee the house would be safe to live in. More ***. Bottom line: Lowe's would not stand by their guarantee, Lowe's corporate washed their hands of it. It was pointed out by an attorney we hired to review the contract that to file a claim against Lowe's we would have to travel to North Carolina (their Corporate office), hire an attorney, and submit to arbitration. We could only live in the master bedroom (with no heat or air) and did our cooking in the garage on a hot plate and gas grill. It took the insurance company for the contractor 8 months to settle with us (no attorney would take our case throughout Arkansas). We ended up walking the house for health reasons (I developed cancer 3 months later from the carcinogens in the house and my wife was close to having pneumonia from the continued bronchial infections. We lost our house. It was a brand new 2000 sq foot house with 6 acres of land. We lost it because of Lowe's Home Improvement. They should change their name to Lowe's Home Destruction. A hard lesson learned. I won't buy a lightbulb from that chain. The fact they could ruin a family's life and get away with it, is criminal.
#195996

I have recently watched Mike Holmes and I would like to say thank-you. He is very informative and to the point. I would recommend him to any person who would like some insightful truth when it comes to home improvements.

#193193

Thank-you for your reply. You have put up with some of my "yucky" attitude in the beginning and you have been helpful also.

Take care and I hope things steer in your direction so you may have some satisfaction. Good day.

#193182

First, thanks for your thoughts. Mike Holmes is on the HGTV channel and the show is "Holmes on Homes." He has shows at 6:00 pm EST.

#193101

By the way, if you want, could you tell me who Mike Holmes is and how I might be able to see his show.

#192658

I believe you. Hint--not all stores of any given retail are bad.

The way we present our words can have "yucky" results(I know from my own words). Just because you have one bad apple in the basket does not mean all the apples in the basket are bad.

I do still believe that if something does not seem right, STOP. I feel for you and I hope and pray that you find satisfaction against "your store in question" and may you be guided to a person or agency that will fight for you and your family.

#192238

When you live in a small town (esources to draw from.

#192237

We tried multiple times to secure legal council to fight the Lowes problem. We tried in the local area we lived in and Little Rock to get a legal team to at least look at our case.

We worked off referrals and Internet searches to find a litigator who would take our case. No one would do it. Honestly.

When you live in a small town (p into the house.

I am a totally and permanently disabled veteran (semi functional quadriplegic).

We did not have many options available to us and in retrospect, we should have done things differently but we didn't.

Mike Holmes has a show that focuses on what happens to good people who place their trust in contractors and get burned. Too bad we did not know of him when this all happened or had someone as adroit as you to give us advice.

#192150

Explain to the free thinking world why no lawyer would take you case. Come on "Destroyed House".

You wanted someone to hear you. Well here I am.

Sean/ Truth
#191789

You went on about how *** Lowes did you. One question, why did you have to install a new floor in your house if the house was brand new?

Hey, if your gut told you to stop the process when the "hammer and chisel" pro showed up, then why didn't you? My gut tells me that if my brake light in my car is on, then maybe I should immediately have my car removed from the streets and put it in for service. My gut also tells me that if I put my finger in an outlet, I'll get the "***" shocked out of me. Oh, remember this --- if you go for cheap labor and materials, well , cheap skills and bad results happen.

Wow! It only took 3 months for cancer to develope.

View more comments (8)
Review
#198680 Review #198680 is a subjective opinion of poster.