Product: Lowes Installation Clear all filters (210 of 210 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Newberry, South Carolina - Item purchased 7-29-10. Arrived and was in store since 8-12-10.

My product was in the store since 8-12-2010. No one contacted me or advised me that it was in, my contractor was finished and gone so I had to bear the cost of having it installed. When I checked on it, the product was in the store and no one could explain why I was not contacted. I am very disgruntled at this act of noncommunication, and Lowe's Incorporated shpould bear the cost of the installation of my appliance. To date, I have not had a response from them since I picked up my appliance on my own as i told them I would, just that they did not contact me a promised.
Review
#196021 Review #196021 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes Gaithersburg Maryland Does Not Care About Their Customers

I would avoid dealing with this Lowes and possibly the entire company in general if the procedures followed by this store are indicative of company policy. After purchasing a dishwasher with installation, we noticed about 2 days later that water was leaking from under the dishwasher and on to our brand new hardwood floors. Since Lowes outsources their installations to subcontractors to insulate themselves from having to deal with installation issues, I was immediately put in the middle of their blame game. They went back and forth between blaming the manufacturer, the installer, back to the manufacturer and that is where we stand now. As each day goes by, the water under my hardwood floor continues to damage and Lowes could not care less. They keep stating it is an insurance issue, I disagree. It is a Lowes issue. The right thing for them to do is to fix this now month old problem and let the lawyers and insurance companies sort out who is going to pay for it. I will never buy a single thing from this chain again. I would advise you to avoid their installation services because if something goes wrong, you are going to be in for a lot of needless headaches.

You need to contact your insurance company and they will get it fixed. Then they will Sue lowes on your behalf to cover the costs they paid out. Also contact your states Better Business Bureau they will get on Lowes ***.

Review
#194500 Review #194500 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes in Tulsa, Oklahoma - Tired of Interruptions

This may sound like a silly complaint, but my father is currently adding on to his house and updating certain rooms. My boyfriend and I plan on eventually buying the home, so we think it's important that I participate in a lot of the cosmetic decisions. Every time we go to Lowe's, which is just down the street from us so its really about location, the employees constantly talk over me, ignore me or interrupt me while I'm speaking. I'm aware that I look young, but employees should probably avoid treating their customers as if they were ignorant children. When I say an attic vent is located on the West wall, I mean it is on the West wall and I did NOT mean the East wall. I know my directions, I've lived in this city for most of my life. And I believe that I do know which metal best matches our appliances in the bathroom, and I do not believe these employees who have never seen the house know better. If I'm trying to cut the wrong wire, then by all means, jump in and stop me from killing us, but if I'm trying to have a conversation with my father about cosmetic features of a home, then butt out. Seriously, you would think that employees would understand that I have the final say. I will do things myself before I let them ever come into my home again. Honestly, even the window installation was terrible. The men practically yelled at me because my father chose an ignorant contractor. I quit.
Review
#193640 Review #193640 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Installation

Lowes in Maple-HORRIBLE kitchen installation!

DO NOT GET YOUR KITCHEN CABINETS HERE! Lowes is HORRIBLE for installing kitchen cabinets! When my husband and I first sat down with the customer rep to re-design our kitchen he was extremly friendly and made us feel very comfortable. He gave us loads of advice on what we would need in our kitchen and how to save money. After hearing horror stories about kitchen reons we decided to go with Lowes for the main fact that if something should go wrong we believed they would stand by their customer. After all their whole campaign is about customer service! Yet once the rep commenced to re-design our kitchen on his computer and told us there was no need to actually see the kitchen I got a bit nervous. I should have known right there that it is hard to re-design a kitchen when you have never stepped foot into it! At the end of the order we spent $13,000 for kitchen installation. The turnout was horrible! The main focal point- the cabinets over my stove were COMPLETELY CROOKED and there was a big gap between the cupboard and the fan! We also were not able to open the shutter over our window that was over our sink b/c they mis-measured and the frame around the window came to low. So the shutter hit the wooden frame when I tried to open it! AND the lazy susan the rep convinced us to buy was too big for the space so it hit my stove when I tried to open it! When we pointed out these disasters to the installation guys they completely agreed with us, that the kitchen was designed poorly and they tried to fix the mistakes. But I ended up with a lazy susan drawer that hit my stove, my shutter that would not open AND a huge gap in the cupboards above my stove that had to be filled with extra wood pieces. They advised us to call the manager of installations and complain about the designer. When we called the rep to complain he got very nervous he even came to our house to see the problem and told us he would get the installation guys to come back and fix it. The problems could not be fixed unless I reinstalled the entire kitchen which I was not willing to do b/c then I would have to get my granite re-done (a cost Lowes would not cover). When I tried to call the manager to complain I was put off constantly. I fought with them for WEEKS about this. They kept saying there was nothing they could do. THE manager BOB was very rude...he completely acted like I didn't matter. The fact that we spent $13,000 was irrelevant to him..it was like I was complaining about a lightbulb. I had to continously go in in person to speak to him because after a while he stopped taking my phone calls. I felt like I had to stalk him to get him to admit Lowes screwed up our kitchen and I was entitled to some compensation. After weeks of complaining and arguing he was willing to give me a $50 gift card and %40 off ONE item that had to do with my kitchen (excluding any big items). And to boot I couldn't even get the 40% of a package of potlights because they were to expensive! I was fuming! After all the money we spent, all the mistakes we got $50! Great way to value your customers! This company is HORRIBLE! They boast about thier customer service but they don't care. That rep and his buddy who tried to cover up our mess ended up getting fired after another rep told us they had messed up kitchens before. But of course BOB the manager would never admit to that. If you need a kitchen done DO NOT go to LOWES. My 4yr old could have designed me a better kitchen with a computer and a mouse! CUSTOMER SERVICE IS HORRIBLE! I had a 3month old at home and a toddler and finally gave up on trying to get any money back from Lowes. I just didn't have the time. But I am WARNING anyone who is thinking about getting anything installed or designed from Lowes to STAY AWAY! Go to a professional...because this company is anything but professional!

I'm installing a kitchen as we speak and the designer must have had a rubber tape measure

:p

Wow, I could have written this article! Going on 3 months without a kitchen because of a few backordered cabinets, and Lowe's doesn't know where they are.

No kitchen and the stuff from our kitchen and boxes of cabinets piled around our house.

But what does Lowe's care? They've already been paid.

View more comments (1)
Review
#193198 Review #193198 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes in Stony Brook, New York - Lowe's Won't Install Dryer if Side Vented

We spoke to 2 Lowe's higher ups making sure that a dryer we order would be installed and side vented by their installation crew. Called the national line and were assured this was the case. The national person put us in touch with the manager of the local store. Same story - Lowe's will install and side vent the dryer and have it running before they leave. Crew arrives and states flatly we arent allowed to install as a side vent. They will not punch out the side or change the configuration from back to side. This is a total bate and switch statement by Lowe's that has left me stuck with installing the dryer. Consumer reports will hear about this and you should beware if you have to have your dryer side-vented. Lowe's has not lived up to what they advertise or what we inquired about specifically

The problem isn't bait and switch, but the installers themselves. Truth be told, all Lowe's installers are private contractors hired by the company.

When I say hired, it's more accurate to say given jobs. Lowe's doesn't pay them directly.

In any case while the store and home office may have said yes they'd install it, the installer themselves may have had policies against it. Call the customer support line and leave a note about this, and see if they can find a different installer.

Review
#190132 Review #190132 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes And The Dangereous Safety Gates

Lowes And The Dangereous Safety Gates
In July of 2008 we purchased vinyl fencing and gates to surround and protect our in ground swimming pool. The gates failed within a few months (Broke apart) and the installer returned and glued them back together. (See the video on Youtube.com of the gates breaking) Shortly thereafter the gates broke apart again. We contacted the local Lowes (Latham, New York) in the spring of 2009 and they said the installer would return to repair the gates. After repeated telephone calls and trips to the Lowes store the installer was schedule to repair the gates on July 9, 2009. He was a no show. At the end of July of 2009 my wife was again in the local Lowes and was approached by an installation person. "Are the repairs done" she asked. "No" replied my wife " the installer did not show." My wife than informed her that it did not matter now as it was too late to open the pool for this year and to just get the installer there when they could. The installer showed up in late September of 2009 to make the gate repairs. The backyard and swimming pool remained closed for the entire season of 2009 because of the broken gates. The gates failed again shortly after the repair and in the spring of 2010 we again approached Lowes requesting they fixed the faulty safety gates. They acted surprised that the gates were again broken. I informed them that I had checked the Internet and others were having the same problems with the vinyl gates. They assured me that the problem would be taken care of immediately! A little upset I contacted the local building department and requested they look at the installation and the product they were selling to protect an in ground swimming pool. The building inspector examined the product and installation and informed me to keep the backyard and pool covered and closed as the gates and fencing were: 1) Of questionable quality to be used as safety gates; 2) gates opened in the wrong direction; 3) the gates were not self-closing; 4) latches did not meet code; 5) and the fence was installed too high from the ground, all in direct violation of New York State Building Code and illegal! Armed with this new information I confronted Lowes installation staff when they again came to my home. The following question and answer transpired between LOWES employee G####, The Installation Supervisor, and John Thornton: MR. THORNTON: "I'm going to ask you a question – how would you like having your kids living on this street with fu##### gates like this with an in ground pool? You would be scared sh##less wouldn't you." GLENN: "Yep" MR. THORNTON: "I've been living like this for almost two years…" (Transcribed from tape recording of this conversation) They agreed to have the installer remove the defective product and reinstall the product correctly to meet building codes. This was finally accomplished in late May of 2010. I than requested that Lowes reimburse us for the loss of our backyard and swimming pool for the year of 2009. Lowes informed me that my wife told them in 2009 that she was not going to open the pool anyway (they had two witnesses to this statement) and I suffered no loss. They offered $500 dollars because I was a good customer after dictating to me the fine points of "contract law." Note: They also informed me that I could not use the audiotapes of their admission of liability and shabby workmanship because they "did not give me permission to tape them." The tape recordings contain admissions that the product used was questionable, installed improperly, and in violation of State law. They also include the installer stating the gates were junk and breaking at most installations he had done and he was tired of fixing them. I can understand why they would not like to have anyone hear the tapes! As an aside, my wife had paid a local pool company a $50.00 deposit to open the pool and clean the decking in May of 2009, a deposit we lost because the pool could not be opened. I refused the $500.00 and left the local Lowe's as I do not intend to allow a company to hide behind "contract law" after the "circus" that occurred at my home. I intend to seek legal relief and expose the "Lowes Shuffle" for what it really is to would be customers.

This matter has been settled by Lowes

Afraid your screwed due. You are not a business so therefore you are not entitled to any relief or recover of lost monies because you couldn't "open" your pool.

Also you are probably lucky that they haven't arrested you concerning the tape. It is illegal to record a conversation without the other party's consent.

If I were you I'd take the $500 and run. You might need it as bail money.

All this drama over a *** swimming pool gate that you bought on the cheap to save as much money as you could. Yea, Lowes sucks but it would have been nice if one night you had sleep-walked through your own yard and past the broken gate and fallen into your pool and drowned in it.

You would have saved us all the trouble of reading your *** post. What a whiney, stuck-up, useless prat.

View more comments (2)

Lowes in Chicago, Illinois - Lowe's lies

My husband and I ordered carpet for our house on Sunday, April 4, 2010, at the Lowe's store in Bloomington, Indiana. We were pleased with our purchase and with Paul Bray, who took our order. On or around April 15, we were told that our carpet would be installed on Thursday, April 22. Although we were paying for the installers to move our furniture, we were told to move everything except for the large pieces of furniture, so I took Wednesday, April 21, off from work to do this. It was a time-consuming task. On the morning of Thursday, April 22, my husband received a call from our installer telling us that our carpet at Lowe's in Bloomington was so damaged that none of it could be installed. It would have to be reordered. When we spoke to the people at Lowe's in Bloomington, we were told many versions of the story. At first, it was strongly implied that the carpet had been delivered damaged. When I asked why the delivery had not been inspected, I was told three different things: First, store employees did not have time to inspect deliveries. Second, store employees assumed/trusted that the supplier would send only high-quality goods and inspection was unnecessary. Third, the carpet had been damaged during shipping. When I mentioned that my family, in their manufacturing business, finds it good business practice to make sure that their customers' goods, upon delivery, are high quality, I was hung up on. During a subsequent telephone call (I believe I was speaking to Guy), I was finally told that the carpet had been damaged at the Lowe's in Bloomington. Apparently, it had been put on some sort of storage rack incorrectly and had been torn when it was being taken down. I had no way of knowing which of the many stories was the truth, and at this point it didn't really matter. No one seemed to care whether we would get our carpet or not. By the way, by this time I had already made a payment on the carpet. We later spoke to our installer, who happens to be a former student of my husband's (who teaches at Martinsville High School). He said that the carpet had not only been put on storage racks incorrectly, but that after it had been torn while being taken off the rack, it was repeatedly run over by forklifts. We were told that our carpet would be reordered and a "rush" would be put on it. We could expect it to be delivered in two weeks, around May 6. Unfortunately, the carpet was not ordered on Thursday, April 22, or Friday, April 23, or Saturday, April 24, or Sunday, April 25, or even Monday, April 26. Because we had moved all of our belongings from our bedrooms, living room, hallway, and entryway, there was nowhere for our daughter to put her belongings when she moved home from college on Sunday, May 2. It was imperative that we have at least the carpet in her bedroom installed by Saturday, May 1. On Monday, April 26, my husband and I went to Lowe's in Bloomington to see if any carpet in stock would be acceptable for installation in our daughter's bedroom. All carpet in stock was very unacceptable. We spoke again with Paul Bray, who was intent upon helping us get satisfaction. At this point we found out that not all of our carpet was damaged and that enough undamaged carpet was available for our daughter's and our son's bedrooms. Our installer agreed to put it in on Saturday, May 1. As we left, Mr. Bray assured us (without our asking) that we would be "compensated" for the delays and other problems we had encountered. Of course, no more has been said on that subject. The remainder of our carpet was installed on Saturday, May 8. Even though most of our furniture was not returned to its place after the carpet was installed, we were happy to finally have it finished. On Tuesday, May 11, a vacuum run over our new carpet pulled up ALL the seams: a long one in the living room, one between the living room and hallway, and each one between the hallway and the three bedrooms. I called the Lowe's in Bloomington on Thursday, May 13. I spoke with three men in the flooring department, all of whom were cursory to the point of being rude. I spoke finally to Guy, who offered neither apology nor sympathy. He only said that he would contact our installer, who would contact us. We have heard nothing since. The seams in our carpet are pulling farther apart, to the point where I do not believe they can be fixed easily. To put it mildly, we are exceptionally displeased with our experience with Lowe's. We still, however, expect to find satisfaction. I believe that the contract we signed assured us that Lowe's would provide quality carpet and quality installation. We await your compliance with that contract.
jeff.zaun

If it is a special order carpet it doesnt even go to the store. It goes straight to the installer.

So your husbands student's story seems fishy.

Other than that. I am very sorry about the issue and I know paul and I want you to know that I am sure he did everything he could.

#209909

The same thing happen to me and my new rug from lowes. I had it three weeks and the seems came apart and its ruined!

View more comments (1)

Lowes in Jamestown, Tennessee - No Hardware for Shower Door

Upon purchasing a shower door, we noticed during the sale that the packaging had been opened; however, the sales associate assured us that the package was just torn, not opened. We purchased the door and traveled 45 miles (one-way) to install...when the box was opened there was a pack of screws that did not match the enclosed instructions...we attempted to install the door and was not able to use the enclosed hardware. I called Lowe's and they said to bring the receipt and they would take the hardware out of another box, so we could finish our installation. Went to Lowe's and they gave me the hardware. The point is: when they take parts from another boxed item, they do not replace the missing items. Which causes more problems for the next customer, that is buying the same product. This has happened more than 6 times since 2009; also, this is an extra expense for the customer and requires longer time on the job site.

Lowes in Edmond, Oklahoma - Assoc. accosted me in parking lot

i put 2 shoe racks and a 4 inch spade shovel in my cart, went into lawn and garden to get some flowers, none inside so i go outside to find them. no flowers that i want, so i start to go inside and realized i didnt have my wallet. I was about 25 feet from my car so i pushed the basket toward my car and an assoc. came and told me he wanted my basket. i told him i was going about 15 feet to my car to get my wallet. he said he was taking the basket now and i could come back whenever. he took the basket and i went for my wallet. i came back in the store but didn't find the basket or the assoc. i went further into the store and found him and showed hime my wallet to which he said" i don't care". i asked him why he did that and he said i hadn't paid for the stuff. i asked him if he thought i was stealing to which he said "no". i asked what other reason he had for stopping me. he said none. then he said " i know what you do". i never got him to tell me what he meant by that. then i talked to an ops mgr. that said he would look into it. so far nothing has been said or done to follow up on this by Lowe's even though i made a formal complaint to the corporate office. i can assure you Lowe's has lost a customer that has purchased many large appliances from them and had carpet installation as well.

I have yet to see or read any comment of complaint or praise from anyone who is not afraid of speaking their small minds as long as they do not have to put their names to the comments. Lots of hot air but no guts.

***, you can't take stuff out of a store even to get your wallet. You have to keep them in the store.

Your an ***. I hope they trespass your *** and you have to drive an hour to buy stuff you need from now on. :x

You have got to be kidding. I have barely ever seen an associate I haven't had to corner in order to get some help.

I have waited two hours in order to get someone to get plywood off the third rack up in the air and then loaded it myself in my truck because I was turning 70 in the parking lot waiting for the help the cashier swore would be "just a minute".

The store has everything you need to build a house but if you are like me and don't quite know what to use you are better off paying the higher price at Ace to get the help you need. I swear no one works at the stores because you can never find help when you are in there.

A theif like you out to be in jail rather than at home complaining on the internet. When you walked out the door with unpaid merchandise you shoplifted.

You are lucky they let you go. Don't try that lame "left my wallet in the car" excuse where I work.

View more comments (4)

Lowes in Lubbock, Texas - Terrible Customer Service, Rude, Lazy Floor Staff

After buying my home I went to Lowe's in Lubbock, TX. to spend some serious money on new washer/dryer, dishwasher, refrigerator, custom oak blinds, french doors, glass storm door and more. I could find nobody to assist me in the appliance or door area. When I scheduled installation of the dishwasher I asked if the custom blind measurements could be done at the same time. I was told no, it was two different departments. This was a floor sales person, not install. dept. She refused to call service dept. to even ask. This man came and installed my dishwasher, which I took off work to meet him. Two days later I took off work again for the windows to be measured and it was the same guy, which she said was not possible. Then there's the lady who cuts the blinds. She was beyond rude, I have no idea why but she was so nasty and impatient with me that I ended up yelling for her supervisor, who refused to come mediate. I asked to speak to the store manager and was told he/she was in a meeting. The more upset I got with her behavior the more she enjoyed it. The next day I told my realtor about my experience with this woman and he knew who I was referring to. He said he had seen her in action and that she was the most obnoxious person he'd ever come across at this store. I was glad to hear this because I had started to question my sanity. Lowe's in Lubbock is the absolute worst place to go unless you love to be treated like a dog pile. Upper management at the Lubbock store does not give a rat's butt about how customers are treated and hide behind their apathetic underlings to get people out the door. Sutherland's is the only place for me now. I raised a wall and installed granite on my own. I had questions and Sutherland's staff went out of their way to assist me. As a result they have my money and business forever. I will never step foot in a Lowe's store ever again as long as I can find what I need elsewhere.

I work at lowes for 18 years I can't get any help from them in their department every time customers ask for help I tried to help from them seem I can get any help from them they to selfish to help customers lowes need to improve their skills start by helping customers this don't make any sense they i can't help their customers

Today January 18th 2011, I went to Lowes, to get material for a project. I needed a piece of wood (untreated) it was a eight foot long piece of wood and I needed it cut down into two pieces, I seen a Lowes guy stocking up some wrench sets on the floor by were I was, so I ask, "excuse me Sir, i need this piece of wood cut down four feet, for a total of two peices", he already appeared annoyed because his old lazy *** had to stock wrenches and I had the "nerve" to ask for his help.

Anyway after he made the call over the loud speaker twice, he asked if anyone came over, obviously not if I am still standing here, so I went to the project desk and this other old piece of *** is just looking at me like "WTF you want", at this time I am starting to get pissed off because I have given these *** the upmost respect and i was being treated like ***. "So i asked, "excuse me sir, I need a peice wood cut into two pieces, this *** off, just stares at me and then said "ask him" so that was the last straw, I said "ok now you *** are *** me off"

The point is this if you work at Lowes, it is because YOU chose that job not me, so therefore you need to take pride in what you do and not be mad at me because I have a freaking life and I want to build something, I am not there for your punkass, your are there for me so take initiative and do your damm job, if you do not know the answer, fine, at least make me your priorty to get the answer.

If you have a problem with what I said, then I am talking to your punkass, take pride in yourself and your job.

You people amuse me. 1st of all Lyn is a lier.

Dishwashers are installed by delivery drivers. Blinds are measured and installed by a PSE. Which is what I am. yes you have to have contracting experience to have my job.

And yes people that work at Lowes od have answers, 1st off don't ask a window licker cashier for answers. Look for the employee that seems to be answering questions, the one you found hiding in the shadows not helping anyone probably doesnt know ***. Also remember Lowes is a place for you to buy material so someone who knows what they r doing can build your house, or complete your project. Nowhere in our add does it say, "let me build it for you, or i'll tell you how".

And yes the most obvious answer is not everyone will have a answer for you.

Be patient, grow up, and remember you don't know thats why you went ot Lowes, we sell it all and if your patient we have answers. Lyn your a ***.

You go to Lowe's because it cost less then the local hardware store or lumberyard. So they higher collage kids and retired people who learn what they can from the contractors that come in to the store.

I am a former Lowe's employ. Some times I just had to say I do not know. But I was just a cashier. Also if your in a hurry the people that know everything are usually busy.

and you have to wait to talk to them. And if you come off short and are a *** to the employees.

They will act dumb and wont share there knowledge with you. I hate waiting also but you just have to be polite and people will try to help you the best they can.

I have worked for Lowe's myself and the employees behavior is sometimes based upon how the management treats them. If management treats them like a back burner thats how the employees perform their work duties and customer service. I am guilty myself. When mangement treated me like a piece of ***, I felt like that's the kinda of attitude to have.

For the person that is complaining about her deliveries not ebing delivered the next day, some stores may only have several truck drivers and if they cant get your purchases delivered to you the next day then that means that they are swompped with deliveries and if you are closer to the end of the day delivery then, think about all the deliveries they had that day and take that into consideration.

WE ARE ALL HUMAN, NO ONE IS PERFECT. SO DEAL WITH IT OR YOU WON'T GET ANYWHERE IN THIS WORLD!

By the way, there is just to much hosility in thsi world today and I think everyone needs to take a chill pill and calm down and take into consideration that everyone is NOT perfect.

your honest commentary is quite entertaining and refreshing. Thanks for setting all of us *** straight. on the other hand, go screw yourself

Alright you idiots I work for Lowe's and all customers want to do is *** and complain. You have no idea how many *** *** customers come in with questions that should be answered by a licensed contractor and get pissy when you can't cater to their every need.

Customers suck and I could care less about the people that come into my store. To me it's just a part time job that I could give two *** about. Yes the managers don't give a *** about customers or employees but like I said I don't care either so whatever.

For every store there might be about 3 people that actually care about their job and those people are usually the ones who never went to school or aren't in school. So my advice to you is suck it and quit being a bunch of ***

After all the problems I have had with Lowes, I will never shop there again. Went there to purchase a gas stove, found the one I liked and told the salesman I would like to purchase it. He went off somewhere to check and see if it was available and after an extended wait, he finally came back and said he didn't have it. I asked about buying the store model and he said they didn't like to sell them. I found another one and the same routine took place and they didn't have it either. Finally he agreed to sell me the floor model so I decided to get it. They always advertise next day delivery but I bought it on a Tuesday and it was Sunday before it could be delivered. When writing up the sale he never mentioned an extended warranty but charged me for one anyway which I didn't notice right away. Then when it was finally delivered on Sunday after my having waited all day for it to show up the delivery men were incompent too as I had to tell them how to go about getting it into the house. Also they were supposed to remove the packing materials but didn't. I was so frustrated by all the problems that I finally just sat down and cried. Needless to say I will never buy anything else from Lowes and will tell everyone I know about my experience with them.

:cry

Lyn, you are correct. It should not matter whether the customer is buying a box of nails or a new kitchen.

Every employee deserves courtesy and every cutomer deserves the same. I refer to the person who carries groceries to my car as sir or ma'am. I worked in retail as well as bartending many years ago. Trust me, I know what it feels like to be treated poorly.

When I was told the window measurements could not be scheduled for the same time as the dishwasher installation I did not complain or get upset. I was bugged when the same person showed up both times, rightfully so, eh? I never called to complain. I did not march in waving a wad of cash, I came in looking for merchandise and not only could not find help, was treated badly.

Since I was not a regular customer nobody would have been hiding from me after seeing me. Poor management is poor management. It's pretty bad when you ask to see the store manager and are denied contact completely. I could have gone to the home office but decided it's easier to walk than to ask why this happened.

I think Governor Perry is more accessible than the store manager. It was bizarre.

Never experienced anything like this. You have a nice day as well, Lyn.

I hear customers complain all the time that they are dissatisfied about customer service in any home improvement store. Maybe it has to do with customers comming in and expecting to be aloud to treat the employees like ***...

be rude and obnoxious because you think you can because youre spanding a few dollars in a store. I would never treat people the way that I have been treated by customers.

There are some employees that actually hide when they see customers because they are afraid that if they do something that may not be to the liking of the customer that they will get fired.

I am not saying that every customer is that way, but every employee of home improvement stores would appreciate a little bit of respect, instead of being talked down too and looked down upon.

Have a nice day.

You are absolutely right about not asking floor staff for advice. Lowe's knew nothing about communicating between departments to coordinate home installations.

When I was at Sutherland's the staff was knowledgeable about their product and very professional. I actually did chase down the customers you described and asked questions about the litle renovation project I was doing. Amazing how a polite question to a complete stranger will gain a wealth of information.

I understand if I want to do something I can go buy a book. The lack of professionalism, courtesy, and understaffing altogether at Lowe's in Lubbock was what got me.

I am sorry to hear about your dilema...Piece of advice...Never talk to Lowe's employees. They know nothing of the building trades and lowe's does not want to hire people with knowledge in the trades.

keeps them uneducated and thus allowing lowes to pay them next to nothing. If you need advice when in lowe's look for the guy thats dirty and looks like he had been on a job site, although this guy will never be a lowe's employee but he will have more knowledge than any of the people in that store who used to flip burgers.

Or better yet if you are unsure about your project...Lowe's is absolutely the last place you want to go for info. Better off at your local owned hardware and lumber store...Places like that actually hire contractors and people with experience in the trades...go figure actually hiring people that can help you...Lowe's should pick up on this!

@Brian

Working for Lowes sucks. Customers have god complexes and managers reaffirm their delusions.

Just because you show up right as someone is going on break or is leaving for the day does not magically mean they should be forced to postpone their break or stay later. You should consider yourself lucky that someone gets another associate to assist you so they can leave or go on break instead of just flipping you off and walking away. And don’t act like you are “cool” with someone’s decision to do so and then report them later in an effort to get something for nothing and/or cause problems for the person.

And yes, you are a *** for coming in 1 minute before someone is slated to leave for the day on Christmas eve when they are chomping it to bit to get the *** out of there and go home to their family and ordering a heavy, *** high shelved stove to take with you. Doing this is going to literally cause the person a pain in the *** because they’ll either have to get it down off of a high shelf using dangerous equipment themselves or find someone to do it for them (which can at times be like finding a needle in a haystack), then they’ll be forced to load it into your vehicle delaying their exit by several minutes.

View more comments (12)