Product: Lowes Installation Clear all filters (210 of 210 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Indianapolis, Indiana - Installation of door by Lowe's hardware.

I ordered a patio door and storm door at Lowe's. The vendor took 6 weeks to complete the order not 2 1/2 weeks as I was told. The men at the desk consistently ignored me when I tried to get an update on the status of my order. They insisted they could not do anything about the vendor. The installer didn't match the floor molding, insisted I get a new hardware for the patio door instead of transferring the old hardware, did not complete the job in 1 day as promised, and did not finish the storm door installation for 2 months. Because the installer insisted I get new hardware, I now have hardware that does not match the hardware on the doors in the house. This cost me an additional 60 plus dollars. I had already spent over 1500 dollars on the doors and installation fees. Lowe's reimbursed me for the installation costs after I went in and complained about the installer who had not shown to complete the installation twice as he had agreed. Today I got a call as I was trying to leave for work 2-3 months later stating they would reduce my refund. The ordering process was time consuming and cumbersome. I would not describe the computer programs they utilize as user friendly. They do not have any information about all the different styles and materials for patio doors so that a customer can make decisions before they start the order with the computer.

:) Sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience with Lowe's.

Please all consumers if you are told delivery is 2 1/2 weeks and your product hasn't arrived.

Contact the Store Manager.

Sincerely,

Ray

Certified Installer Mill works

110% Satisfaction Guaranteed.

Brighton, Co 80601

Lowes Installation

Lowes in Chicago, Illinois - They did not give me the full proper credit.

I went to Lowes paid in advance with Lowes credit card, for a retractable screen door and installation service. I was told the installer can pick up the door prior to installation. On the day of the scheduled install. Installer stated it could not be done because the door opening is not standard and retractable door will not fit. I agreed. Installer told Lowe's screen door was never picked up and the install was never done. I was credited for the install service but not for the $100+ screen door that was never picked up nor installed. Credit card company dispute service was incompetent and make you go through a lot of red tape so you can, inevitably are forced to give up.

Did you contact the install sales team and notify them? When an install is not complete it is standard procedure to refund the install, but some customers make other arrangements with getting their products installed. So product refunds are granted at customers request.

Lowes Installation

Lowes in Buffalo, New York - Lowe's Home Improvement, payed to install 3 doors in a month, five months later, still not done.

I ordered three interior doors to be installed in my home. I payed $1,240 up front on May 23. I now have two doors,( it's October 22 ) but they have had to send back the third door twice because it came to them damaged and twice the installers they sent damaged the door....badly. In the mean time, I have had family come to visit and had to hang a sheet in the door. Everyone apologizes, but it is the most incredibly incompetent work that I have ever seen done ( and I'm NOT the fussy sort )...Will NEVER go into a Lowe's store again.

Lowe's installers are not required to be GC's.

If you are going to Lowe's for the best deal, you are out of luck.

Stuff gets damaged in transit, so it's best to not wait until the last minute... Things are usually more complicated than they should be, so allow for that in your immediate need time frame...

certifiedinstaller

:) Correction

When the Installer is in your Home doing a Detail, please ask questions.

Don't wait until the Job is completed.

Are you a General Contractor or a Sub-Contractor.

Are you a Certified Door Installer may I see Proof ! ( Now not Later )

May I see Pictures of your Installations. ( Current 30 Day's )

What is included and what is not !

( Materials )

Will the Project begin within Two Day's. ( Depending on Delivery of

my Door ?

What is your Personal Guarantee !

( If Any ) Daa.

Only you can decide if this Person is right for the Job !

Sincerely,

Certified Installer

Brighton, Co

certifiedinstaller

:) Correction All Certified Installers with Lowe's. ( Are General Contractors )

The Home Depot has a General Contractor with a Office. They hire

( Sub Contractors )

Best regards,

Certified Installer

Brighton, Co

Ray

Sadly, there's a reson these guys have to work for Lowe's or other big box stores. If they were the "cream of the crop" they would have plenty of work without having to go to the chain stores for work.

As a Lowe's employee, I WOULD NEVER let these guys into my home for anything! But, to defend Lowe's a bit here, it's not just us, ANY of the box stores, us, Home Depot, Sears, subcontract out to third party installers.

Better to buy the doors, windows, etc. @ Lowe's, then find a good, qualified, independent installer to put them in, in some cases, it might even be cheaper than paying for the install in store, AND, it will be done right to boot!

View more comments (3)

Lowes in Los Angeles, California - Excess installation charges

recently i had a microwave installed above the stove and under a cabinet by lowes and was charged a extra fee for what the installer said was a modification by adding a flex exhaust pipe and laying a 1x3 peice of wood across the inside of the cabinet as the exhaust pipe hole was to large to bolt the microwave to / i call this normal instalation not a modification / for this i was charged a extra $55 by the installer / i wish to thanks lowes for the store credit i just recived for $55 and the consumer complaint line for getting this coreccted / sincerally david sandefur

my gosh you all are mean, no wonder I do it myself, I wouldn't want to do business with any of you! $400 for a microwave install is outrageous, it;s so easy a girl can do it...I'd charge half and feel I got paid a fortune.

It's no wonder Menards doesn't offer installation. Look at all the complaints about installation on Lowes and Home Depot installation from consumers who don't want to pay for the work needed. They don't need the headaches guys like this cause.

You consider what normal installation? Are you an electrician or contractor?

Nope you're not...I'm quite sure you were informed in the contract that additional charges may apply..you jus want something for nothin. Real classy of you.

Mr Sandefur, your success should be congratulated. Some of the comments here show just how some of Lowes' outlets are out to *** out of your hard earned money. I'm sure if they had been in your shoes they'd be ***' and moanin'.

Must agree with retailer4life. David Sandefur, had you gone with ANY electrician to do that same job, it would have cost at a MINIMUM $400, and that is IF any electrician would come out for such a *** little job.

You just stole $55 from the pockets of the workers at that store, not Lowes itself. Hope you are proud of yourself.

Okay, ***, LISTEN REAL CLOSE here, NORMAL INSTALLATION is just that....NORMAL installation. WHENEVER a contractor i.e.

installer has to do anything more to make something fit. it is ALWAYS an additional charge! Do you do work for free?? Why don't you just go back to Lowe's and complain that the whole friggin' microhood should be free, too??

Please all of you people, go through Lowe's @ pissed consumer and read my other posts, this is getting ridiculous!! I just wish you "know it alls" (who know NOTHING at all about retail) would come into my appliance dept. sometime!! Jeez.....

And before you *** respond with your childish replies, take a good long look in your mirror and realize the problems we encounter as sales specialists, be it Lowe's Home Depot, Menards, etc. ALL start and end with you "know it alls".

Gawd... come on retirement age so I can get out of this!!

View more comments (5)

Lowes Terre Haute Indiana incompetent ordering and installation

I ordered an exterior door with 'professional' installation. They ordered the wrong door, the installer (Ron Grub) arrived late, unprepared, and left early with job unfinished for first install appt. Was a no-show no-call for the second appt. Forgot parts on the third install appt, and was late for the fourth (and I hope final) install appt. I've called Lowes for assistance in getting the install completed and they've been of little help. Since I had to pay up front for the whole thing I guess there was no incentive. I will never do business with the Terre Haute Lowes again. If you find that you have to and they refer you to Ron Grub as a 'professional' installer, get a prescription for valium because you'll need it.

yes, as a Lowe's man, I do have to say that virtually all of our installers fall into this category. I know there are indeed a few good ones out there, but they are indeed few and far between.

And sadly, this is not just a Lowe's problem.

You see, Lowe's, Home depot, and all the others contract out for their installation services, and unfortunately, if these guys were the "cream of the crop", so to speak, they would not have to do install jobs for ANY of the big blue or orange box stores, they would have PLENTY of individual jobs lined up if only from word of mouth. I know as a Lowe's person myself, I would have second thoughts about any of these guys coming into my home, and if you use them, do not be afraid to ask for their credentials when you greet them at your door, you might be surprised what you're told by them.

Lowes in Springfield, Illinois - Lowe's Fencing and installation is horrible

2 years ago I had Lowe's install a pvc fence. They would not let me have a picture of the drawing. They only ordered for 3 sides because one side was my neighbors wood fence and we told them several times we were not tying onto theirs-ours was all white. The installation job was terrible and the workmen had a criminal record-he told me so! and he threatened me when I became dissatisfied with the deep holes in my yard. Lowe's would not make it right and the installation was the WORST! do not shop at Lowe's.

I work in the tax industry, yes employeers receive tax credit for hiring ex-felons, cash welfare, adfc, and vets. It is the governments way of turning that "ex" into a productive person in society and making tax money off of them rather than paying for their benifits or reoccuring crimes. MANY employeers will choose to hire a person just for this credit, which is pretty large. In my experience, grocery store take the most advantage of the ex offender credit because they tend to get just enough work hours completed to qualify for the credit before they quit or are fired.

Get an edication before you post ignorant comments.

As for the fencing, you need to file the incident with the Better Business Bureau. They will open a claim and most businesses will handle the matter quickly because they dont want a negative report on their business file.

Sorry for your poor experience, our Lowes has done work at my business and home and has gret themselves and their contracted partners have been very professional.

Hey HomeDumpedOn, are you slow or something? No retailer gets tax credits for hiring ex-cons.

Besides, these installers are just what you said, 3rd party contractors, not employees. Fine to blog on line, but at least pretend to be intelligent.

It's probably lowest bidder work by mandate or competition.And you the customer must do everything you can to make sure the CONTRACTORS are doing their job.

But it is the person the contractors are sub contracting for ie Lowes and Home Depot that need to control them even more than the customer.

The contractor wants to get the job done as quickly and cheaply as possible because their work is frequently fixed bid work with no add ons.And in order to get paid many of these contractors will tell their employer ie Lowes and Home Depot the work is done so they can get paid.

Even more troubling is that many of these sub contractors use sub sub contractors.Imagine the pay or time pressures if the contractor is the 3rd or 4th line to get paid.You the customer pays Lowes,Lowes pays the contractor,the contractor pays a contractor.Everybody wants their cut and to make a profit.

I don't know what Lowes policy is on criminal backgrounds but unless the crime applies to their work or is something like a child predator most won't worry.Many companies get tax credit for hiring ex-felons along with many other minorities including vets.

Stay after them,report them(Lowes and the contractor) to your local municipality ie permit check if you have to.

View more comments (2)

Lowes in Bronx, New York - Lowe's poorly installed my roof in 2005 & ran away

I contracted with Lowe's in 2005 to install my roof. They not only failed to properly install my roof but have to date failed to make any attempts to make me whole. As a result of their lack of oversight (they hired contractors without first checking their credentials) my home developed leaks that were never there before. I have incurred serious interior and exterior damage as a result of the work performed by the contractors they hired. Lowe's never once checked the quality of the work being performed while the roof was being installed. To make matters worse, the contractor they hired to install the roof in turn subcontracted the work to another unqualified installer.
Lowes Installation

Lowes in Highland Mills, New York - Shady Advertising on Lowe's Installation & Delivery Service

I recently visited Lowes in Newton NJ (twice) to purchase a dishwasher and over the range microwave. I work in the corporate office for a rather large retailer and frankly, I am shocked at the service I received! Lowes latest commercials "suggest" that they will deliver, install and remove an existing appliance from your home for free. On two separate occasions I attempted to make two large appliance purchases. I was going to be charged for two separate installations - no deal was willing to be made because "I was not spending enough money" and the purchases could not be combined. My second attempt, I requested that one be installed and one be delivered. Again hit with not 2 but 3 separate fees. Installation Fee, Delivery Fee and I had to buy an installation kit - whether or not I really needed it. Again no deal could be made because I was not spending the threshold amount of money. When I told the associate that I was re-modeling my entire house and would go to another retailer - the associate had no problem with me leaving the store and didnt even attempt to contact a manger to see what could be done.

nothing is free, stop trying to get everything for free, leaches, complain complain and lie to get any discount. no wonder our civilization is so screwed up. everyone is trying to take advantage or say I'll go elsewhere, thinking everyone is going to give them the world.

Hey....where's the *** who signs in as Lowes Knows with his "lawsuits" one line comment on this one? Seems like that is his "catchphrase" in this forum. Just remember, he's just a pissed off ex-employee no doubt who can think of nothing meaningful to say.

#20452

That wasn't my experience. I bought a new refrigerator last Friday night before the store closed and I was happy to be told my new refrigerator would be delivered Sunday AM as I asked.

It showed up, nice guys hooked it up and removed the old one. I'd buy again.

View more comments (2)
Lowes Installation

Lowes has worst delivery, customer service!

We purchased a refrigerator, dishwasher and range from Lowes and it took two months to have appliances that work. They showed up on a day we weren't expecting them then rudely rushed us through getting ready for the installation. The dishwasher didn't work, the range was a floor model that wasn't leveled, there was no manual, no broiler, had bad nicks, the burners did not work and it tipped forward! The installers never tested anything. Every time we called the store we got someone different who didn't know the story, passed it on to someone else, NEVER returned calls. We now have three appliances from three different stores. We will NEVER buy from Lowes again!

Tell me about it...

www.lowesceo.com

www.lowes-lawsuits.com

View more comments (1)
Loss

Lowes in Elkins Park, Pennsylvania - Thanks Lowe's, still no back door after 5 months

We first went to Lowe's to purchase the back door to our house in November. Multiple incorrect doors were ordered over the course of months, with no apology. Three weeks ago, we finally picked up what we thought was the correct door, and again, it was incorrect-swung the wrong direction which made it impossible to use. During this time, we have had no back door to our house, causing our heating bills to be huge and restricting access to our backyard. Three weeks ago, I spent an entire day on the phone w/Lowe's trying to reach someone who could help. Finally, the store manager agreed to give us the door and installation for free. The next week, someone came out to measure the door. Just today, we were told that we are going to be charged $325 because the person who measured the door figured out that the installation is going to be more complex. How they just figured this out today after working with us since November is difficult to understand. I spoke again with the store manager today, as did my husband. My husband was told that given the number of mistakes that have been made on our account, the door has been very expensive for Lowe's so we should understand that they need to charge us. It is not our fault that mistakes have been made, why should we be penalized? In addition, today, the store manager told me that he never agreed that the door would be free (not true). Finally, when I asked the manager if I could speak to his supervisor, he said that his supervisor is not available. When I asked what his protocol is when there is a customer service emergency and his supervisor is not around, he said that there is no one else to contact, no emergency number, etc. I ended up calling the Lowe's customer service line and speaking to a supervisor, who told me that someone from corporate will be calling me within the next 24 hrs. Given that it has been since November that we started this process, I spent all day on this three weeks ago, and still we have no door, and now are being charged the same amount we were quoted at the beginning but five months later have no door -- I am not hopeful. I am getting nowhere. Ijust filed this complaint with the Better Business Bureau and am hoping they can help me.