Product: Lowes Installation Clear all filters (14 of 211 reviews match)
filters
State:
Show
City:
Show
Product:

Lowes in Jacksonville, Florida - Vanity & Bathroom Remodel

Lowes - Vanity & Bathroom Remodel
I wrote a review on the primary Lowes website, but it was never posted. The project ran two weeks over schedule. After the demolition, it was 17 days before the next workman came out. Workmen show up one day unannounced. On another day, they were expected and never showed up or called. Their boss had sent them to another job. Lowes promised to send someone out to hang a toilet paper holder they forgot to order and never did. The toilet was installed with the shutoff valve so close, it's no longer usable. Overall the quality of the work was good.
Preferred solution
Bring the shutoff valve up to code.

Lowes in Dallas, Texas - Damaged my home during delivery of refrigerator

Lowes - Damaged my home during delivery of refrigerator
Lowes - Damaged my home during delivery of refrigerator
Lowe’s Home Improvement - I have called Lowes twice and am now sending an email. The service I received from Kimberly Brewer in your claims department is provoking. She is rude, talked over me, refused to transfer me to someone else more polite or could answer my questions and told me I had to work with her only! She then disconnected the call. I asked to speak with someone else 7 times. My home was damaged significantly by Lowe’s due to a faulty install that caused a water leak to occur for over a three week period. I have called Lowe’s all week. I also emailed them. When I didn’t respond. When they finally called me back a moment ago the lady was beyond rude and seemed irate that I called and left a total of three messages ( 2 phone calls and one email). She mocked my request to speak to you or anyone else who could provide polite assistance. I’m considering my legal options at this point. I also have asthma along with my child and the the wet Sheetrock reeks of mildew. This fact that there is documented water damage that has accumulated over a three week period is gross negligence at this point and adverse to my health. They would not call me back. I’m also considering having Lowe’s pick up this refrigerator and I will cancel the credit card. This is not the kind of service I expected from Lowe’s. I will be sharing this experience only via social media, I also plan to contact your corporate offices to file a complaint. Lastly, I am requesting to be assigned to another claims examiner. I don’t this or the above issues are unreasonable requests.

Lowe's doesn't have employees that do installations. They contract it out to a third party.

That third party is who your complaint is against, which is probably why they aren't dealing with you. If you sue them, you will lose. You need to sue the company that actually did the installation.

It's in your contract. Read it.

@Anonymous

You’re totally wrong! Those contractors are on a CONTRACT with Lowe’s to do The work, are paid by LOWES to do the install, therefore LOWES is responsible!

Since you mentioned that you are considering your legal options, you do realize that Lowes will Only deal with your lawyer... correct?

Lowes Will Not deal with you.

You also realize that you will have to Pay your lawyer even if he/she decides Not to take on your case... correct?

Shad M

That’s fine. Thanks.

View more comments (3)
Featured
Damaged or defective

Why hire lowes installation?
2015 I were hired Lowe's Home Improvement installed siding, windows and gutter; It cost me $40,000. Last year I have observed that my ceiling was stain I have no clue what is happen now the ceiling paint peel and water drops on windows and floor so I have to go up attic to check where it leaks I have observed that is *** from nail full out cause by the installing guy were nail on roof to hold the scaffolding during they install siding and windows when they remove the scaffolding they forget caulk the roof so over time the shingle expanse that why it takes longer to see it leaks when I up the attic I had observed that other side of house has a nest of bird I did not why I had keep looking you get what I had find out the holes other side of the house when they had removed old siding it was tear off the install inside when they replaced the new siding but it is not go all the way up to the roof so they had leaved the holes they also not replace the soffit. I am a handy man usually I haven't call to complaint because my house is too high and the roof was a straight I have went up to the roof but barely to walk it is sliding. My neighbor told me that to call Lowes don't kill yourself so I have make a phone call to installation department on Monday 8/7/2017 one of the worker answer my phone call his name is David you know what is told me I am apologize the labor warranty only one year so my warranty is over nothing he can help me we talk back and forth about 5 minutes but the problem still the same so he had switched to his supervisor his name is Mike so the problem is not be solve he had said the same thing my apologize the labor warranty only one year; He keep repeat over and over like a record about 15 minutes. I have given him a last chance to solve my problem. He said that he can't do it I have said that this conversation is over and I hang up. In my situation a leaking will take over year to see it leaks and the missing siding no way I can see from the ground. My BIG QUESTION FOR LOWE'S HOME IMPROVEMENT why I have to hire you. You go out to hire another contractor we do not know them so we liable on Lowe's to behind your customer now I have stuck with one year labor warranty so you can hire the contractor do lousy job. Nothing can fall down and go bad in one year. I am so disappoint on Lowe's because I expect on Lowe's too much now on all my project never and ever go to Lowe's I will tell my all friend and my customer do not use installation from Lowe's.

You signed a contract. You should have read it first.

@Retail worker

Retail worker...

For every *** job you do, may *** fall on you !

Lock up your trail or, karmas coming for you.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Installation
Cons
  • Corporate policey
  • Already stated above
to fix my problem

Reno, NV Lowes - Incorrect windows

Reno, NV Lowes - Incorrect windows
I am 100 percent dissatisfied with the results of the project and the Reno, NV Lowes is refusing to correct the job. I reside in a community governed by a homeowner’s association (HOA) and the new windows were to match pre-existing windows throughout our community. However, the windows that Lowes installed do not match the pre-existing windows and as such Lowes has created a liability for me (see photo). I am seeking replacement of the windows such that they match pre-existing windows throughout our community but Lowes is stonewalling me, arguing that they installed the windows that I ordered. Lowes customer satisfaction policy states: “Customer satisfaction is our goal. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, simply return the merchandise to any Lowe's store in the U.S. within 90* days. We, in our discretion, will repair it, replace it, or, based on your method of payment with a valid receipt, refund your money.” (http://www.lowes.com/cd_Returns+and+Refunds+Policy_33243642_) Additionally, the “Installation Proposal – Windows”, attached under item #4 states Lowes will: “Ensure your complete satisfaction with all aspects of the job.” This is my first and last time working with Lowes in any way, shape or form. This is a huge mess that is going to cost me thousands of dollars to fix ($6,000 job - 8 windows).
Lowes Installation
Cons
  • Incompetent management
  • Did not stand behind product
  • Management siding with their staff without knowing the facts
Loss
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered
Tags
  • Incorrect Windows
  • Customer Service Policy
  • Lowes Reno Nv

Lowes - Installation Review from New York, New York

Lowes - Installation Review from New York, New York
I purchased all new appliances from Lowes. They installed the fridge. We found out it was leaking. I called Lowes they ignored me then pushed me off to XPO which is now pushing me off to another company. I had to go threw my home owners insurance and now have to pay my deductible my rate will all go up because they subcontract everything. Instead of them handling it since I purchased from lowes and there name not a no name delivery company. My house has so much damage we are in a hotel. My child is disabled and partially blind and is struggling in the new environment. Yet lowes doesn't care. They did offer 20% if I wanted them to remodel my kitchen for the damage they caused. You should supply it for free. Lots more details but to much to write.

Nothing has been resolved

Kenyata

Good Afternoon,

I am very sorry for everything you've experienced. I realize this happened a few weeks ago, but did anyone ever help you with this issue?

If not, I would be happy to try and assist you. Please feel free to contact me at jackie.workmon@xpo.com.

Again, I apologize for the inconveniences you've experienced.

Best Regards,

Jackie

Customer Care | Last Mile

@Kenyata

I have spoken to a few different people at XPO which have all been nice. Including Ron from New England.

But weeks have gone by and we still don't have a kitchen. We are eating out almost 3 meals a day. We are running out of money. We had to front money to purchase the tile for are new flooring.

Credit cards are maxed out. just feels like we are paying for a mistake that was not ours. It's been over 5 weeks. You can't imagine the stress we are under with a disabled child whom also has a visual impairment to be put out like this.

We choose to go through are home owners because they were the only ones whom seemed to get things moving and done.

But everything is a process and paper work. At this point if we have a kitchen by Christmas I would be shocked

Lowes in Houston, Texas - Great hookup job on my oven

Lowes - Great hookup job on my oven
Not only has our oven taken 3 months to get to my house....(with the microwave still not here yet) lowes sent some Neanderthal over to my house and this is how he left the wiring....not only is it a fire hazard but being the owner of an electrical company I am extremely upset and amazed at the fact that someone could do this work and think it was acceptable....stop hiring non-licensed people to do your *** and this won't happen...if one of my employees did this I would can their ***...not only does lowes have horrible customer service in the store but it's even worse outside of it

Holy *** that is *** crazy! I'm a Flooring installer for Home Depot and have a few other accounts and with these accounts I have to have liability insurance for up to 2 million and workman's comp along with at least 3 yrs min exp criminal back ground check and references for installations going back to 3 yrs before I can even be a badged installer.

As do all sub contracting installers of any skilled trade. I know that in other fields such as in your case electrical. That the technician must have at least 2 yrs of completed schooling, 3 yrs on the job exp, and the same in insurance as I do.

So with that being said if it was the delivery guy delivering the oven that did that to your electrical, then sir you may have grounds for a lawsuit.

It is totally against policy for any delivery guys to make any kind of changes to a homeowners property. Meaning if it don't fit, or doesn't have the correct hook up or outlet for installation then they must stop immediately and let customer or home owner know immediately.

I know Home Depot has strict policies against that sort of thing. The same reason we have to carry our "own" insurance, have back ground checks, etc before we can even be badged as their installer and given work orders to enter any of their customers homes.

You say that you are an owner of an electric company, I notice that you did not say you were a contractor, so it does not mean that you are a licensed Master or journeyman electrician. If you did own your own contracting business, you would know all for the codes associated as you are liable for all that your Master does as he falls under your business umbrella.

So, you should have been paying attention and called the Master of the company providing service for your install. The employee that provided your service may not even be certified, you should know that. He only needs to work under the direction of a licensed Master as per code, who does not have to be at the work site. Though most jurisdictions require the worker to be at least journeyman qualified.

So, your failure is to not monitor the situation and allow him to leave without reviewing his work. I agree with the earlier comment below. As an owner, it would have been no cost for you to have even your master to come over and install it the correct way. This job is quite easy, a quick review of the codes and you could have installed it yourself.

Even with all of this said, Lowe's needs to be given reviews of the contractors that they hire. I do not work for Lowe's, but have used their contractors in the past.

They always are welcoming of contractor reviews and are willing to work with the customers, at least from what I found out. You should have contacted your local Lowe's first and tried to get the problem corrected.

If you own an electrical company like you say you do, why would you or one of your employees wired the outlet for the range? Seems odd that you would hire Lowes to do it.

@Anonymous

Lol! I thought the same thing!

View more comments (3)
All of the above

Lowes - Installation Review from Miami, Florida

1.6
Lowes - Installation Review from Miami, Florida
The worst service in my whole life I'm still waiting for the installer to install my door Was removed by his assistant it is 400 promised to be here at 9 I changed my mind I don't remodel my kitchen with these people It was a complete frustration since begginer and still going on No door so ever The technician installer who knows Maybe he is coming Tido g a donkey The assistant taking a nap in his van and without doors Worse service in town Thanks God I didn't sign contract to remodel my kitchen I'll tell my neighbors who are waiting for my experience with lowes in Hialeah to change their doors Very frustrated

Nightmare started in October of 2014 and now June 2015 and waiting for 2 doors to be reinstalled which was totally unacceptable according to them..Did not measure door jam first time!!! But shoved them in anyway..Gaps all in doors and hubby had to put paper this winter to prevent cold air from coming in !

Installers are dumbest Ive ever seen..Imagine a big company like Lowes Home Improvement hiring such impotent people!!

They have been out twice with wrong door, not enough doors, can't they read an invoice?? Today, they called and truck broke down...nightmare continues!!!

2.7
Lowes - Installation Review from Indianapolis, Indiana
My wife and I just paid lowes 10000 dollars to have siding and gutters installed well the contractor said when they would start so my wife stayed home from work well they never showed two days in a row. Called and called. Well finally get them there and they ran out of special order siding. They ordered it it came in 2 weeks later and I contacted the contractor and he promised a certain day so my wife stayed home again and she waited and waited no show again. The siding has been *** I could have done this bad for free. Needless to say I think lowes needs to redo this. They put nails through the wiring for my doorbell and my flood lights. I've got caulk smeared all over my grey siding. Bits pitiful still trying to resolve this.

You could have contacted your state's Business and Professional Regulations to check the contractor's history. This will tell you how many complaints, or out-of-compliance issues this contractor may have had lodged about him. Few people realize that checking a contractor on your state's website for BPR will give you a picture of how well, or badly, this contractor has done.

Okay so them not calling you and leaving you hang several times is very unprofessional. On the other hands Lowe's installations are based on %100 satisfaction Guaranteed , so if the workmanship was not to your liking they usually accomadate to a reasonable extent.

I'd threaten to sue get twenty grand from a judge for bad work you don't use nails on the sideing they just allowed water ice whatever behind that siding. I can't believe that corner area my girlfriends five year old could have done a better job I know I will never hire them they sub contract iddiots with no school in the trade. And on top of that if your not right there under him watching they cut corners literly should sue call lawyer get them scared they will redo all the work over

Poor customer service

Lowes in Port Saint Lucie, Florida - Purchase of Laminate Flooring Turns into Nightmarish Experience

Lowes - Purchase of Laminate Flooring Turns into Nightmarish Experience
Lowes - Purchase of Laminate Flooring Turns into Nightmarish Experience
Mid February decided to purchase laminate flooring material through Lowe's. Called flooring dept at my local Lowe's and arranged to have room measured. Took 2 weeks - end of Feb before guy shows up to measure. Meanwhile I'd looked online at patterns, saw one I liked, called store and was told pattern not in store so I would have to order it. OK. When sample arrived, it looked nothing at all like Pergo picture so took it to store to have them call Pergo and have them send one that looked more like picture. Flooring guy says to me, "wait, let me check samples we have in store to see if we can find something better" (HUH? - thought you said you don't have that pattern in store!) Guy comes back and says no, something is wrong, all our samples look like one Pergo sent you. By this time a month has elapsed and I still don't have my flooring so I selected a different pattern at the store. Guy says he's ordered it (I'm there 3 hours waiting for him to complete transaction!) and flooring will be in by March 20th and installed following week (March 23rd). March 23rd, no word from Lowes regarding delivery, install, anything at all, so I call store and am told my flooring has been there since March 17th and they have no idea why it hasn't been delivered. It is finally delivered March 26th (stacked in 7 - 4' high piles right inside my front door). I tell the guy I don't think that's a good place to leave it but he says he's only authorized to deliver to inside my door. Meanwhile I call the installation guy to verify installation is scheduled for March 29th. Installer questions me about humidity and temperature conditions in room where laminate is to be installed then tells me he won't install that product because it isn't suitable for temperature/humidity conditions in my home, and recommends instead that I purchase ceramic tile. So both install guy and I make separate calls to Lowes telling them they need to come and get the laminate flooring that day. As luck would have it, my doorbell rang and when I went to answer the door, two of the 4' high piles fell over hitting me in the leg and resulting in a hematoma the size of a melon and excruciating pain. I immediately called the store manager (Mark) to report what had happened, and he told me to seek medical treatment and that he would be sure to have everything picked up the following day (27th). Didn't happen and everything is still stacked inside my door, and to make matters worse (if possible!) install crew shows up early this morning because no one at Lowes had remembered to inform them job was cancelled. Crew calls their boss and he confirms that job was cancelled and he will call "Mark" to find out why stuff is still at my home and why his crew wasn't told about cancellation. I've also called "Mark" 4 times today to find out why this hasn't been picked up as promised, calls have not been returned. Time is now 4:00 pm and stuff is still here blocking my entryway and still on my Lowe's credit card (almost $3,000). Seems fairly obvious, if you do business with Lowe's be prepared to experience delays, misinformation and all in all extremely substandard poor service (perfect example of adage: Left hand doesn't know what right hand is doing)...

Next time go to a small, family owned business who cares about their customers.

Deal with a big box store, get big box store service.

You are another number, not a name.

Lowes Installation
Cons
  • Service
  • Customer service received
  • Wrong product delivered
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Lowes reviews

Lowes in Oxford, Massachusetts - Phone Tag/ and un full filled Promices

Lowes - Phone Tag/ and un full filled Promices
Lowes - Phone Tag/ and un full filled Promices
Trying to resolve an issue with installation of storm door . Door installation was faulty resulting in damage to personal property / removal of my personal property by installer / Promices by Management to send emails but they never follow through. This appears to be the standard operating procedure for Lowes in Worcester, Ma. I talked to Sean and the Asst Mgr. Andrew who make promices but never follow through. This has gone on for a month plus I have contacted the customer cares line to no avail. They say they will forward to senior management. I will say they are all on the same sheet of music as far as jerking customers around.

*promises

It looks bad, but the hole looks like it was needed for the door/door handle that you selected

Aysel

Lowes calls me and again promices to email me with proposal to credit my account for the door, measurement, and install fee. I again wait to see if they will do what they say they will do.

Featured