Product: Lowes Installation Clear all filters (217 of 217 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes - No information till i called

3.5
I bought a dishwasher on Tuesday 3/12 and set up for installation service that they assured would be more than a few days. I waited until Friday and called since I had heard nothing and they said they would have the installer call to set a date bun no call so I called 3 times today 3/18 and finally got call but the install date is 3/25, about 2 weeks after I bought it. I WAS PLANNING TO UPDATE A NUMBER OF MY APPLIANCES BUT WHEN I DO IT WILL NOT BE THROUGH LOWES….
Lowes Installation
Cons
  • Lack of information

LOWES WINDOW INSTALLATION NIGHTMARE

Video of water running into my house after lowes installers did the windows install. over 2 months in now and still no repairs and house getting wetter with each rain. https://youtu.be/kBGkQlZUELE Initially LOWES said installers did nothing wrong and my house was already leaking before the install. They did a thermo reading report to justify this. So we opened one of the inside walls that they claimed was wet to prove that it wasnt. Next they sent a claims adjuster out who verified wall was not wet and that the thermo reports are useless. next we wait a month for claims@lowes to get involved even though I know the adjuster had the report in within 5 days. This entire time house is leaking with every rain & getting more damaged. Now claims@lowes has it but of course haven't heard from them yet. it has been a nightmare. PLASTIC over my house after lowes window installers did their damage. https://youtu.be/Zbio_jPcOdE
TightDeer853

She if it is a she is spamming YouTube and twitter harassing people and is doing so daily. They need a life and their ‘review’ is a load of nonsense

@TightDeer853

Oh Johnny, Oh Johnny, Can you help me understand?

Time to call an Attorney.

TightDeer853
@Anonymous

Can’t call an attorney as she signed the contract and acts of God aren’t covered.

View more comments (3)
Loss
Deliver product or service ordered

Lowes in Bangor, Maine - Kitchen installation

2.6
I signed a contract with Lowes April 6, 2018 for a small kitchen upgrade. It is February 2, 2019 and my kitchen is still not finished. It was suppose to be finished July 2, 2018. Some reasons for why it is not completed: measurements were way off, ( 16 inch error ) contractor didn't show up or call, charged for services not used and severe lack of communication between customer and store. I reported them to the better business bureau. I am dealing with them now. I will not refer anyone to Lowes as you can imagine. I hope this review will help. Janna Irvine, Old Town, Maine.
Lowes Installation
Cons
  • Severe lack of communication between customer and lowes
Work Experience or Job Application
Deliver product or service ordered
Tags
  • Incorrect Installation

Lowes in Jacksonville, Florida - Vanity & Bathroom Remodel

Lowes - Vanity & Bathroom Remodel
I wrote a review on the primary Lowes website, but it was never posted. The project ran two weeks over schedule. After the demolition, it was 17 days before the next workman came out. Workmen show up one day unannounced. On another day, they were expected and never showed up or called. Their boss had sent them to another job. Lowes promised to send someone out to hang a toilet paper holder they forgot to order and never did. The toilet was installed with the shutoff valve so close, it's no longer usable. Overall the quality of the work was good.
Bad quality
Preferred solution
Bring the shutoff valve up to code.
Featured

Lowes in Dallas, Texas - Damaged my home during delivery of refrigerator

Lowes - Damaged my home during delivery of refrigerator
Lowes - Damaged my home during delivery of refrigerator
Lowe’s Home Improvement - I have called Lowes twice and am now sending an email. The service I received from Kimberly Brewer in your claims department is provoking. She is rude, talked over me, refused to transfer me to someone else more polite or could answer my questions and told me I had to work with her only! She then disconnected the call. I asked to speak with someone else 7 times. My home was damaged significantly by Lowe’s due to a faulty install that caused a water leak to occur for over a three week period. I have called Lowe’s all week. I also emailed them. When I didn’t respond. When they finally called me back a moment ago the lady was beyond rude and seemed irate that I called and left a total of three messages ( 2 phone calls and one email). She mocked my request to speak to you or anyone else who could provide polite assistance. I’m considering my legal options at this point. I also have asthma along with my child and the the wet Sheetrock reeks of mildew. This fact that there is documented water damage that has accumulated over a three week period is gross negligence at this point and adverse to my health. They would not call me back. I’m also considering having Lowe’s pick up this refrigerator and I will cancel the credit card. This is not the kind of service I expected from Lowe’s. I will be sharing this experience only via social media, I also plan to contact your corporate offices to file a complaint. Lastly, I am requesting to be assigned to another claims examiner. I don’t this or the above issues are unreasonable requests.

Lowe's doesn't have employees that do installations. They contract it out to a third party.

That third party is who your complaint is against, which is probably why they aren't dealing with you. If you sue them, you will lose. You need to sue the company that actually did the installation.

It's in your contract. Read it.

@Anonymous

You’re totally wrong! Those contractors are on a CONTRACT with Lowe’s to do The work, are paid by LOWES to do the install, therefore LOWES is responsible!

Since you mentioned that you are considering your legal options, you do realize that Lowes will Only deal with your lawyer... correct?

Lowes Will Not deal with you.

You also realize that you will have to Pay your lawyer even if he/she decides Not to take on your case... correct?

BouncyCanaanDog

That’s fine. Thanks.

View more comments (3)
Damaged or defective

Lowes - 80 year old Widow scammed!

We went to Lowes in Union City, Tennessee to make our mother/mother-in-law feel better about losing her husband of 60 years. She always wanted her bathroom renovated. We had to go back home to Albuquerque, and left her to deal with Lowes. I can't even describe the nightmare they put her through! From May to August 2018, we still don't have her bathroom done. This poor woman, who has no family or friends in this rural town had to deal with Lowes "nightmare" of a simple installation of a tub and surround. $4,500 later, as of end of August, we had to hire a professional plumber to figure out what was wrong with some of the installation. No response from Lowes; they do NOT return phone calls, pass the buck, they do NOT return emails (of course, saying it is "not their protocol" to answer my emails. I have never in my professional career of 40 years experienced such a horrible experience. I'm sure the legal system will cost more, but PLEASE! DO NOT HIRE LOWES AND TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY! That is the only way we may get justice. DO NOT BUY LOWES STOCK! We had Lowes Stock and just dumped it for Home Depot stock. I only wish we had gone to Home Depot or a local company. We felt Lowes would stand behind their commitment to an elderly widow. They do NOT CARE! So sad and I've been crying because her son and I talked her into using Lowes--the guilt is on us, too. I'm sorry, but this is really emotional. She blames us for this torture she is going through. This has torn our family apart. Thanks Lowes--you are the worse Company in the USA! You can burn in "you know what". Sorry, I'm really angry and so sad for our 80 year old widow who was trying to get over her husband's death. I guess it doesn't matter anymore. I usually stick to the "facts", but this has gone on far enough---it is beyond the "facts" That would take 30 pages of explanation. We are just plane TIRED! Drained, and sad..so sad for her and our family. our Mother/mother-in-law is sick over this...how can they not care???? Companies like this should take responsibility for what they do to people when they can't even take a bath.. she couldn't even take her bath for 2 months; she was able to take a shower, because they rigged a shower for her; she is old and likes to take a bath , and even couldn't do that for almost 2 months! UGH! That is all I have to say, hope you have a picture of what Lowes will put you through...they DON'T CARE! PROTOCOL IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING! UGH!!!! Yuck! If I hear that "is our protocol" one more time, I might lose it completely!
#1619250

having a similar experience with a kitchen remodel. also, they damaged my bathroom wall with the remodel....the contractor felt no accountability,,

Olivia2014

Do not hire lowes to do any home installations!

@Olivia2014

Do not hire any big box hardware store to do home installations. Pay more, hire local. You get what you pay for.

#1620063

I agree!

#1620065
@Olivia2014

So sad. We hire a big corporate company only to be scammed.

They are not trust worthy either.

You would think they would stand behind their name. That evidently doesn't matter anymore.

View more comments (4)
Poor customer service

Lowes - Don’t use Lowe’s for anything

Caused damage to my home and will not make good on it. Not worth your time or stress if something goes wrong. Probably the next big box company to go under based on how bad they treat customers.

I'll never go back. Terrible customer service.

Don't buy a Samsung refrigerator there. I love in the state capital of Montana and no one services Samsung. I made a comment on the Lowe's website about my experience and got 3 calls from my local store.

I was also told when I called that the store backs their products and not they would fix Samsung ice maker or replace the refrigerator. Bunch of liars.

Lowes - Expectations Not Met and Inexperienced Installation Services Staff

I have spent over 30k with Lowes and this 4th project (bathroom) renovation) was the last straw for me. First of all, the customer has to be their own project manager as they have a major issue with communication not only to the customer but to all those involved in the project. I had to keep them on track and constantly follow up with Lowes if I wanted to keep the project moving forward. It took 3 weeks to get the estimate from Lisa Ford. When I went in to review it on April 6th, I placed emphasis that the job has to be completed by May 12th as I have family coming down for a visit. I even requested that we should schedule the work now in expectation of the parts arriving on April 25th. She assured me that this is possible and that is the main reason I agreed to the contract. It has been my experience that once the material is delivered; the work begins within a day or two. I had to call your installation services twice to get an update because they never contacted me. During my last call with Kayla she stated that they would be arrive to inspect the parts on Friday May 4th at 4:30 and at that time, we can confirm the day. With that said, she stated that she understood my sense of urgency with regard to the job being completed by May 12th. Upon their arrival, is when I was told that there was no way that they could meet my date of May 12th. The excuse that the contractor stated was due to other projects that have had several delays. As you can imagine, I was pretty angry about the situation as I canceled a business trip for the week of May 7th in order to have this completed. Frankly I really don’t care about their delay issues as I was given an expectation and they should stand by it. I have a very busy schedule in May so the only available time I have is on May 29th. I called and spoke to your weekend manager on May 5th and he stated that he would look into it and (as usual) I have yet to be communicated with regarding my request. At this point, my wife and I have lost total confidence in their quality and ability to get the job done correctly the first time. We decided to cancel the installation potion of the project and keep the parts so we can seek a more reliable contractor.

The "Independent Contractors" are not Independent when working for Lowe's. The "Independent Contractors " brought suit against Lowe's for same benefits of in store employees.

These contractors were made to wear apparel with Lowe's logo and to represent themselves as working for Lowe's on any jobsite. These contact ARE indeed employees of Lowe's Home Improvement. This suit was won and they do have the same benefits and must follow the same rules as in store employees. If your situation is ever turned over to Lowe's Corporate for their insurance to cover any damages, it is then that it is proof that Lowe's IS responsible for any home improvements that have gone wrong.

I won't go into any details of a ruined window instulation although it was several years of trying to deal with a woman that decided she was my God and judge and jury. I will never have Lowe's install anything in my home nor would I ever recommend anyone else to do it. These "Contractors" that did an install of several thousand dollars in a complete window replacement, had never installed a window in their life. I had huge gaps between the sheetrock and Windows, broken brick from the sledgehammer they used to remove old windows and interior sheetrock completely missing and filled with caulk.

If this is acceptable for any homeowner, I suggest you have money to burn. If these situations are not acceptable to you, hire a local contractor that happens to be licensed within the state for further recourse. Lowe's leaves no options on recourse and it is their way or no way. I did not want the contractors back in my home so the store manager turned it over to their insurance.

If these contractors are independent, their own insurance would pay for any damages to your home and not Lowe's Insurance. Lowe's Home Improvement has become my home disaster and extreme stress. If they wanted to keep consumers of their products and installations, they would do anything to make us happy. Instead they want the money with little or no qualified employees to do the work.

In hindsight I wish I had hired an attorney to fight the corporate Lowe's. At least I would have known I put up a fight for my rights as a homeowner and so much less anxiety in talking to a woman who is a royal ***

I am having the same issue.. two months in and no communication.

the local store manager offering us additional discount on parts if we are willing to wait for backordered parts to come in. yikes i hope we have no further issues

View more comments (1)
Order processing issue

Lowes, Butler, NJ

2.3
I've been waiting two weeks for an associate to call me back with an estimate for an installation. I can't get hold of anyone. This store is so bad they don't even answer the store phone. I even tried to call during the day at 10:30am and 2:30pm, you figure someone would be available during those times. Nope, just rings and rings. I contacted the corporate office to complain and they said the store manager would call me back in 24 hours and it's now been 3 days. Also, when you go in the store there is never anyone in the isles for assistance. You're pretty much on your own.

Anonymous, Read what you write and try to spell correctly instead of being an ***

If it's that hard to get an estimate so the can make the sale, just think how long it will take to get someone to do the work after they have your money.

So you say there is never anyone in the isles to help? In a self service home improvement warehouse? How ODD!

View more comments (2)
Poor customer service

Lowes - KITCHEN

VERY BAD INSTALLATION CONTRACTORS DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO INSTALLED EVERYTHING WRONG MEASUREMENTS TAKEN WRONG CABINITS WRONG DOORS WRONG FLOOR DONE WRONG TILE DONE WRONG LIGHTS DONE WRONG APLIANCES WRONG UNDERLAYMENT DONE WRONG WORKMENSHIP VERY BAD LOWES DID NOT CARE OR SHOW CARE COST OF KITCHEN ALMOST 60,000 CANNOT SUE THEM BECAUSE OF CONTRACT BUT I WOULD IF I COULD THIS IS GOING ON FOR ONE AND A HALF YEARS. THEY SAY IN THE CONTRACT THEY ONLY HIRE THE BEST CONTRACTORS THAT IS A LIE THE DESIGNERS ARE A JOKE THEY SAY THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING BUT THEY DO NOT. THEY WANT YOUR MONEY UP FRONT SO THEY CAN SCREW YOU.

Please stop shouting.