Product: Lowes Lawn Mower Warranty Clear all filters (7 of 7 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Richland, Pennsylvania - Preventative Maintenance Reimbursement Agreement

I purchased a lawn tractor with the above Preventative Agreement. The store employee said the oil and filter which needs to be changed after the first 10 hours would be reimbursed after filling and submitting the proper forms. This was done and I was told that the oil and filter are not covered under the agreement. If this happened to you contact the store manager about reimbursement.
Not as described/ advertised
Preferred solution
Inform store managers and employees not to make claims not covered by this agreement.

Lowes in Jonesboro, Georgia - Lawnmower scam

I took my lawn mower in to be repaired. I was given a warranty balance of 120.00. Anything more than that, I'd have to pay myself. Lowes claimed it cost $210 to repair, so i owed $90. However, if it was less than 120.00 then i STILL had to pay for the transportation costs to the manufacturer, which was $90. And the transportation costs isn't in writing. It's customer service telling you this, but nothing about that in the contract. This is a major scam and i need to get someone with some authority to fix this.
Price reduction
I paid $1,000 for a lawn mower, over $1,000, at Lowe's in 2017 including the price for the extended warranty. I used the mower for a year (2018) and then the next year (2019) I put the mower in for service to get the blades sharpened and oil changed. It never ran...
Lowes Lawn Mower Warranty
Cons
  • Total lack of service and cooperation
  • Warranty useless
  • Lowes interdepartmental communication
Full refund
Tags
  • Warranty Cannot Be Trusted

Lowes - Buying lawnmower

Last summer, I brought my dad a lawnmower we pay for it & we got warranty for they made it seem so great until you need to use they don't want to work with you. Don't get me started with the manger he was useless why sell products if you know it's junk. The problem I have with the whole I understand you need a receipt when you purchase things, but why don't you put all your costumers information on the computer & why you lie to them. Now I'm going to have with work on my roof I don't even know if I can trust with this whole lawnmower situation.

Return policy on lawn equipment is 30 days. No exceptions.

You'll have to go through the manufacturer. I suggest you start looking for the receipt or accept the loss.

Lowe’s computers only go back 6 months... did you think to put the oh so important purchase on a mylowes card which TRACKS your receipts?

No of course not.

The warranty company needs the invoice # off that receipt, period. So you need the importance of keeping a receipt when you’ve purchased a warranty explained to you???

Is this a problem of YOUR not having YOUR receipt as a proof of the date of purchase?

View more comments (2)
Not as described/ advertised

Lowes in Lindale, Texas - Extended warranty ripoff

Update by user Apr 22, 2018

I'm done with Lowes. One of the worst companies in the USA. They do not honor warranty.

Original review posted by user Apr 21, 2018

Bought extended warranty on riding mower. When the mower broke, they wouldn't honor warranty. Been a customer since 1986, the worst customer service in the business. Will never go to a Lowes store again. Talked to Eric Harmon in customer service. What a waste of my time. He made sure my mower did not get fixed. I asked for second opinion, he refused. Asked to take it back to store to show manager, he again refused.

You fail to say what went wrong with the mower and why they say it isn't covered. These service plans don't cover consumer abuse or neglect. For example, if you ran it without oil it wouldn't be covered.

Geovanna
@Anonymous

The mower won't idle.They said carb was dirty and air filter installed backwards. I totally disagree.

I couldn't find any dirt and the air filter can only be installed one way because of the shape of the filter along with the filter shape made into the cover. I tried to install backward and you can't. It was a mechanical issue that I fixed with a zip tie. Idles fine now.

The other issue is the mower wouldn't engage. 3 months mowing grass, really. Turned out to be faulty pulley.

Again fixed myself. Disappointed in Lowes to say the least.

@Geovanna

That's what small claims court is for.

Geovanna
@Anonymous

Did something better. Mailed corporate my 32 year credit card back and told them what they could with it.

Just spent $1300 on materials and built 170 sq. ft. covered porch. Not one penny spent at Lowes.

Went to Ace Hardware where they asked me if I needed any help when I walked in. In 32 yrs., that NEVER happened at Lowes. I will gladly spend a few dollars more for that kind of service. Lowes has no concept of service from the floor employees, customer service reps (big joke), to corporate heads.

Will be building a very large porch on the back of my house next. My money is going to Ace Hardware.

View more comments (3)
Lowes Lawn Mower Warranty
Cons
  • Customer service
Warranty issue

Lowes in Kimball, Tennessee - Bought 3 year warranty and they are not covering my warranty

they sending my mower to this company to get it fixed and I will have to pay them to fix the mower, one guy said the mower was covered but when the girl put it in computer I would have to pay to get it fixed. I bought a warranty when I bought the mower for 3 years. I have had the mower 2 years . why you sell warranty if you do not cover the mower. I'm highly mad over this and may never buy anything else there. one guy told me it was covered and to bring it in. I brought the mower to them and then another told me it wasn't and it would be cheaper for me to get it fixed at another place . I left the mower with lowes to send to this company to repair it but had to agree to pay whatever it cost.

Those extended warranties are the biggest scam going. Don't EVER get an extended warranty from a retailer! They are a huge money maker for the retailers and are pretty worthless if you actually read what they cover.

Lowes in Holmdel Township, New Jersey - WARRANTY/REPAIR SERVICE ISSUE

I bought a lawnmower (Invoice #09470) at Lowe's, Holmdel, NJ on 8/16 and it would not start on 4/17 with loose wire coils. I called Lowe's on Friday morning and they agreed to pick up lawnmower. I have a medical condition and could not bring lawnmower to store. I waited all day on Friday (missed chiropractor appointment) with no call or truck. I called Friday night to Lowe's Delivery Department (Kevin) who stated that I was on the manifest and the lawnmower would definitely be picked up on Saturday. I waited all day on Saturday with no call or truck. I am done shopping at Lowe's. The employees at Lowe's seem to be bothered when you call them and ask questions. Disgruntled, JChopyk

If you have a medical condition that doesn't allow you to return the mower, how can you use the mower? Just like the people that claim to have bad backs having a hard time finding someone to load their products but will have to unload them and use them when they get home.

What did they say when you called?

View more comments (1)
Lowes Lawn Mower Warranty
Cons
  • Warranty service bad
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Contact Lowes Customer Service