Bought a generator from Lowes and specifically asked about delivery to our home. Specifically asked if the delivery would be "to the door" or "to the curb" and was told without a doubt it would be to the door.

When the trucking company called to schedule delivery I again asked if delivery would be made to the door and got some vague BS. I told the guy that the person from Lowes stated that delivery would be to the door and he replied "Lowes will tell you anything". I told him if there was any hassle getting delivery to the door I would refuse to accept delivery. Come delivery day I get a phone call from the driver who says he's at the end of my driveway with a 40 foot tractor trailer and can't back into the driveway.

Big surprise, isn't it? Make a longer story shorter, I had to back up our Ford Expedition to the tractor trailer to get the generator up the driveway to the house. The driver was nice enough to do the transfer and lifting, and he had no idea of the false promise made by Lowes.

But it was just lucky that we own a vehicle big enough to fit the large and heavy generator into. Needless to say this will be the last time I will buy anything from Lowes requiring truck delivery.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

Lowes You all lie and are now trying to bait and switch me to this sell me CRAFTSMAN 600 24-in Two-stage Gas Snow Blower Self-propelled I order a Troy-Bilt Storm 2410 24-in Two-stage Gas Snow Blower Self-propelled go a notice it was going to be delivered on 12/06/2018 But you Lowe’s don’t have it !!!!!! You all put it on sale for a GREAT PRICE and now you won’t produce it ???

and now switching to a lower brand ???

This is no way to run a business – You’re NOT SEARS ??? I always shopped a Lowe’s – I use to live in Charlotte NC from the 70’s to the 2015 Now you have Lowe’s up here… But I will not step into any Lowe’s after being LIED TO and I will tell my friends about how I was baited and switch..