Product: Lowes Manager Clear all filters (6 of 297 reviews match)
filters
Resolved

Resolved: Lowes - They Really Mulched It Up

Lowes - They Really Mulched It Up

Update by user Jun 14, 2018

Lowe’s manager secured product from another store.

Original review posted by user Jun 13, 2018

Purchased 12 bags of mulch online at 3PM yesterday and went to pick it up after work. They were out even though they sold it to me 3 hours before. I can live with that. The problem was the smart *** employee who wanted to argue with me. This was the same kid that didn't have a vest or name tag on and took forever to show up in the lot. When he said he was out I said "Well That Is *** and started to head back inside. He proceeded to tell me that I needed to cool my attitude because he just got there at 5 and had nothing to do with it. Who is the F is he to tell me that. Don't they teach these people customer service? I hate Lowes and have ZERO tolerance for any crap what so ever due to a carpet issue my mom had with them a couple of years ago. We spend a lot of money in there that will start to be spent at Menard's where I can save big money and not put up with *** Lowes lost a good customer over $25 worth of Mulch.

"......spent at Menard's where I can save big money and not put up with ***"............................so why did you go to lowes????? so what empl wants to move 12 bags of dirty wet mulch somewhere else just to move it again when loaded????....would you????

Exactly why Lowes is losing market share.

your expectations are WAY to high!

Quit ordering on line and just go to the store and buy what you need. If you had bought mulch on-line at Menards they wouldn't pull it either.

They just don't have space to store product like this and if someone else gets it before you show up they do. You don't have to be abusive to the employees at the store, they don't set the policies and they can't go out back and make more for you.

@Anonymous

Spoken like a low ambition Lowe’s employee. Thanks for setting the bar so low.

@Butch Anderson

Never worked at Lowes but at Menards and know they wouldn't have done anything different.

#1501941
@Butch Anderson

So are you the original poster?Since you are This upset, send their Corporate Headquarters a letter detailing your complaint.Their contact information is found on their website.

#1501945
@Butch Anderson

Do you Really think that front line employees determine store policy?*shaking my head at the nonsense customers come up with*

@Anonymous

I don't know about the Lowe's in your area but the one here in Kissimmee has plenty of space for mulch. I just bought some the other day.I am trying to find a reliable and reputable fence installation company to put up a fence in my back yard but every company I look at have a lot of bad reviews.

I called Lowe's and got so much run around I called the corporate office. When I first called the store I got the customer service desk and asked them what subcontractor they use to install fencing. He gave me a name that doesn't even exist. I called back and got the Pro desk.

The guy could barely speak English and he didn't know either so he transferred me to the outside garden area. The guy out there said it was the fourth time today that guy had transferred calls to him. This guy was nice but he didn't know who installs fencing so I asked if there was a manager I could talk to. While I was on hold we got disconnected.

I gave up.It isn't clear on the website if Lowe's installs the fence or if another company does.

It's amazing to me that no one in central Florida is reputable enough and reliable enough to install a damned fence. How hard can it be anyway??????

View more comments (8)
fire Employee

Lowes in Salem, Oregon - Never shop here again

1.4
Lowes - Never shop here again
I have to say that I have never had trouble with Lowes until about a month ago when i went to return left over items from a project at my house, the Lady in returns couldn't find the upc code to return it so she contacted the manager in building materials and he came over and told me that i had altered the product and was trying to return it, I explained that when i bought them from the salem store they had trouble finding the upc, so he walked away and came back and said his computer doesn't show anything, then said to me that i had altered the concrete block and was trying to steal from the store, at which point he said it so loud that the people in line were talking about it, the assistant manager came over and returned it at this time. and i asked him to call the salem store to verify that they sell this item and he just said there is no need to. Me and my family drove to the salem store and spoke with the assistant manager and told him what had happened and he called the other store to tell them that infact they did sell that item, he kept apologizing for what had happened. That following Monday i called and spoke with the store manager, which seemed to be helpful until a few hours later when my phone beeped and linkedin notified me that this *** manager had looked me up? why does this manager need to look me up on social media to resolve an issue, then an hour later he tried to add me on face book. Next time you think about shopping at lowes think about if you have trouble you will be accused of stealing and the creeps will try and look you up online. This is very scary what are there motives? The worse part is on average i spend 10,000 a year with this company. but never again will they see a dollar of my money!!!!
compensate me

Lowes in Adelanto, California - Unfair business practices; misleading advertising

Lowes - Unfair business practices; misleading advertising
I browsed the holiday liquidation display today and the display shows a big sign 75% off. In the display were glass craft blocks which are $10.98 each. I decided to purchase four for my wife. At the customer service counter they informed me they were not on sale. I spoke with Zwey, the manager, who insisted there was nothing wrong with the display that I have to read the fine print. The discount print was about 2-3" block letters. I never did see any fine print. These items should never have been on display comingled with holiday items if not included with a 75% discount. It totally misinforms and misleads the buyer. The attitudes of both customer service clerk and manager have much training also. Just a simple purchase like this will cause me not to shop there ever again.

It doesn't matter much, because from what I know of their corporate environment paired your "review" , I can say you're not the kind of customer they want: bargain scraper, complainer, social media stalker, returns 70% of merchandise for for a refund.......etc,etc,etc

Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes in Brawley, California - Purchased a Hitachi drill/impact drill combo

Lowes - Purchased a Hitachi drill/impact drill combo
there was a special going on through the Lowe's website for a hitachi drill combo kit that was priced at $159 for $55.95. I checked in my area so see if there was any available and to my surprise it was in stock. I purchased the combo, I received the confirmation number, and the purchased was charged to my debit card. A few minutes later I get a call from my local Lowe's. I was on the phone with the store manager and she was explaining to me that the item was in stock but it was missing the battery and charger. I asked he if she could order the missing parts and I would pick them up some other time. She refused and told me that it was not possible. I told her I was on my way to the store. After arriving I get greeted with a very sarcastic manager. after showing her all my paper work and explaining to her that the purchase has gone through on my debit card she goes on to tell me that the order has been cancelled and that all she could to is give me a 10% discount on another combo kit which was priced at $179. I ask to talk to cor prate, and after talking to the "Carlos" the corporate suit he goes on to tell me that there is nothing he can do and that the final decision is with the general manager. In the end I ended up getting charged and with no product.

Never order online and pick up at the store. I did last year and not only did they not have it in stock at the store like the website said it did, I was charged for the item and never got my money back even after complaining.

Order processing issue
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

3.4
Lowes - Lowe's Delivery Service Destroys my Yard and Runs Away
Lowe's delivery driver misses driveway by 25 feet and backs into my front yard and over a $13,000 StormTech detention system. Then driver runs away when approached by contractor. A working detention system was a requirement for permits so now I have a $350,000 renovation project that is being distrupted. I called store manager - who says he will handle everything. I don't hear from him for three days - call store and he's on vacation and nobody else knows anything. I repeat my story to another manager who tells me I have to file claim with their delivery service and they will send an insurance adjuster. I talk to the delivery service, who in turn used a subcontractor - and am told they will now have to setup a claim with the subcontractors insurance and he will let me know when the claim is filed and give me the adjuster's information. I contact Lowe's Executive Support Department because I think it's ridiculous that I contract with Lowe's, pay Lowe's and then when something goes wrong Lowe's takes no responsibility and sends me to a sub-sub contractor's insurance company. In the meantime, my project is racking up delay costs. I speak with the Exec Support person who appears to "understand my issue, promises to resolve it and will be back to me in 24 hours". I think things are going to get better. 24 hours go by - no response - I call leave message - no return call. Next day I call and am told the Case Manager handling my complaint unexpectedly is out of the office - but will be back tomorrow. Tomorrow comes - no call - I call again and 20 minutes on hold later somebody tracks her down. Bottom line, after discussing for 30 minutes, Executive Support has provided no help. She told me I had to "abide by their processes". The content of the conversation my impression was she clearly understood the "Lowes processes" were not working for me, was, in her words "inconvenient", wasn't what I wanted, and was continuing to create disruption and delays - but continued to state, that regardless of whether it made any sense that I had to follow Lowe's processes for this matter. The insurance adjuster called today - the wrong number and the wrong address. Somebody gave the adjuster my wife's number and a wrong address. The adjuster left a somewhat garbled message on my wife's phone - but she was in an environment without cell service all day and could not respond. She gave me the info this evening - I called, the company - but of course it was just voice mail. I called the company's 800 number and was told I should call back on Monday to check the status of any claim. Current status - $350K project disrupted, no help from Lowes - and understanding that Lowe's knows and understands the impact - but doesn't care enough to do anything about it.

For something so important, some one should have been there to direct the driver.

#1196481

save big money at menards

I couldnt tell from the pic where your driveway is. Maybe you should have been there.

#1205811
@Anonymous

Um duh not my issue but it's obviously the left side of the picture in a bline to the garage. It's brown/tan/grey/white.

While the big green area is the lawn. The tire marks that might be ur confusions are the lowes truck driver's destruction

Hi Mr. Hanks,

My name is Jackie Workmon and I work with XPO Last Mile.

I would like to get some more information from you to see if we are the third party company that contracted the driver that may have damaged yard yard. If possible, could you please e-mail your first name, city of delivery, and date of delivery? We have a delivery made to a consumer with your last name in the last two weeks in our system. I just want to verify this is you.

If so, I would like to forward you to someone who can help. My e-mail address is jackie.workmon@xpolastmile.com

Thank you.

Shop Menards lowes always screws it contractors.

View more comments (5)
Subcontractor damages
Preferred solution
Timely action to stop ongoing disruption and reimburse damage and expenses

Lowes in Atlanta, Georgia - Deck Nightmare!!!!!!

Lowes - Deck Nightmare!!!!!!
It took us 3 years to make a final decision on getting someone to do our deck. We signed a contract on May 3, 2014 with Lowes to get our deck done. We had very clear instructions on what we wanted; it is July 28, 2014 and we have yet to receive that deck. Lowes subcontracted their companies to do the work which is fine. However, if the service is going to be mediocre that is a problem. The first contractors went over everything with us and when it was time to get started, they were running behind and when they arrived, there was no project manager only the workers that only spoke Spanish. They were asking my husband what were they supposed to be doing?? Really, aren't they supposed to know? Also, they came to our home with someone else's plans not ours. My husband sent them away and we requested them to get another company that could handle the job. It took them weeks to resolve that issue, now we have the second company, they have torn down the deck, we had a dumpster in our driveway for a week, it was full so they took it away. But, they had more stuff to go in the dumpster and it is sitting in my driveway for the 2nd week now. It is a mess and no one has answers, they will not call us, we contact them. We have been getting the run around since we signed this contract. They come to work when they decide to we have had to tell the same people over and over again how we want our deck and I am so over it! I am so unhappy about how this has been handled! This deck is over $8000!!! When we try to get someone on the phone we get transferred and we have people telling us that it is not their responsibility. I will never deal with this company again!

Only fools have Home Depot or Lowes build it for them. Hire your own contractor that way you know exactly what your getting and can hold that contractor accountable.

Going to a big box store and expecting stuff to get done is ignorant, corporate makes it impossible for employees to get stuff done at the store level. They also hire inexperienced people so they have lower expectations and can pay them less.

They do not hire carpenters, plumbers or electricians. It's all random people off the street with limited building experience.

@SharkNasty

Only a fool assumes that I only spoke with one contractor. I have spoken to many people and Lowes did not request half of the money upfront.

Now that is foolish to give a stranger half upfront. I can still hold Lowes accountable how foolish are you to think that I can't! I don't know why people think that others are cheaper! That is so not true.

I put this out to vent, I don't need your advice! I got this! I will definitely handle it at the end.

Big companies like Lowes has a lot to lose, do you work for them because you seem to think you know much about how they work. Are you one of the idiots that is handling the project??

This is why you hire your own contractor. When you go to Lowes or Home Depot you never know who will be working on your project.

Take the time to interview and investigate your own contractor. You will also save money.

Lowes marks up whatever the contractor is charging them. Put that money in your pocket and have control over the project at the same time.

View more comments (2)

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111