Product: Lowes Manager Rating: 3 Stars Clear all filters (16 of 297 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Product:
Rating:
3.2
Some of the managers at Lowe’s need to work on their people skills when talking to and handling customers and their employees Lowe’s work you like slaves, They don’t care about their employees needs or if they have other things to do in their lives People steal out of...

Lowes - Was hired for kitchen design

2.5
Was sent to a Lowe’s store in Brewer Maine for training/was hired to work in Augusta Maine was told they would pay for lodging, meals, mileage I used my credit card for the hotel and cash for meals, gas I submitted my expenses several times and with the store manager overseeing this. I did this in September 2018 was never reimbursed

Lowes in South Bend, Indiana - Terrible policies again

3.2
So I’ve heard an employee at the Ireland Rd store in south bend Indiana has been fired for that vague, never written policy of following a culprit out of the store to give a description to 911. No wonder no one wants to help anyone anymore. Sorry Lowe’s terrible policy and punished someone doing the right thing.

No amount of merchandise is worth a employees life. It’s NOT about policy as much as it’s about putting themselves in danger willingly and putting the store at risk for lawsuits.

They do have a non confrontation policy which also states that you DO NOT FOLLOW A THIEF OUTSIDE THE STORE!! Amazing how you want everyone to pile sympathy on the employee “for doing the right thing” yet completely ignore that they put themselves at risk for death. Also your friend should be posting. You are posting second hand information which is hearsay.

Just because your buddy said they were fired for that doesn’t mean THAT was the only factor involved. For all YOU know your buddy had a list of write ups or corrective actions and this was the last straw. You can claim the business is mean and evil but face reality a bit. Your friend put themselves, the store, and innocent bystanders at risk.

If that thief had a gun and instead of running they chose to fire on their pursuers you would t have a friend anymore. When your buddy makes it to manager then they can flaunt the company LP policy.

Until then they MUST follow the rules of thier employer. Not the businesses fault that your friend chose to play the hero.

@Durpa

They had no write ups and were considered a good employee, was even considered for a management job. You sure have a negative attitude about people.

What the attempted thieves had was pepper spray, had already used it on a couple employees attempting to steal things, and the now fired employee was giving descriptions to 911 from a safe distance, so that they could be caught and not hurt other people. I guess we are all so scared of anything that doing the right thing is wrong now.

And no policy was ever related to the employee in any form. Now that you know that I know details of the actual situation and you don't, you could be a little more logical.

@Rich

As you are not the individual involved everything you say is second hand information. If your "friend" wanted their story told, they should be telling the story, not you.

@Durpa

My friend didn't choose to play hero, was on the phone with 911 giving descriptions. The thieves had pepper spray, and already used it on other employees.

My friend was keeping a safe distance. She said no such policy was ever given to her in any form.

Too bad her manager didn't own up to the safety committee that he hadn't told her the policy, could have changed their decision. Probably too chicken to do so.

@Durpa

My friend wasn't posting anything because of the potential ramifications when looking for a new job. Quite bitter about Lowe's as are her former fellow employees.

it doesn't go over well when you find out you are an employee, not a teammate like they say.

Well that's OK, all companies are like this, and it is always best to do a good job and follow whatever policies they dictate, but realize that you are just a number and nothing prevents them from doing whatever they want. No loyalty breeds no loyalty on the part of the employee.

@Rich

Of course they are employees. They are there getting PAID to do a job.

Lets face it terms like teammate and guest are just a bunch of feel good B.S. someone came up to make people feel good about the low wages they are paid.

Why can't your "friend" post? People would have no more of an idea of who she is than we do of who you are so how would that hurt her job search?

"So I've heard". What a way to start a post.

It tells everyone that you have no personal information about what you are about to post. How do you have any idea of what you are about to say is anywhere near accurate? Are you a Lowes employee and know what all their policies are and why they have a given policy?

As you aren't the employee, how do you know exactly why they were fired? If you don't have first hand information you shouldn't be making a post like this.

@Anonymous

It's a good friend of mine. Got it right from the source.

I'm assuming you're a manager or representative of Lowe's in answering this way as well. May as well come clean, anonymous.

@Rich

Never have worked for Lowes but know a second hand story is never as accurate as the version before it.

@Anonymous

If you've never worked for lowes, and I got the story right from the employee that was fired, I'm not sure how you can be relevant to the conversation.

The right thing to do is to follow the store policy which probably isn't vague. Lowes stores have cameras that can get physical descriptions and not put workers at risk.

This may not be Lowes or any other company's primary reason for telling people not to interfere with thieves but these are the rules. They don't want their insurance rates going up because someone got hurt, misread a situation and now the so-called thief is suing.

It is not your job to deal with thieves. If you do the "right thing" expect to lose your position.

@Anonymous

First of all it wasn't me, it was a friend of mine, and that friend was giving a description to 911 at the moment. You would think if it was dangerous, the 911 operator would have said what to do.

Also, a search of any such policy comes up with nothing. The main thing this event caused, at least short term, was shock in the other workers and a lot of resentment over how it played out. Also, the employee was not even given a chance to give their side before a decision was made.

I've been a supervisor/manager for over 30 years, and this is really a bad situation when you don't specifically deal with a policy before something happens. You just give everyone a bad attitude.

@Rich

Are you a Lowes employee? If not, where did you search for their policy?

@Anonymous

The former employee could not find the policy in the handbook, nor was told the policy during training or by a manager. Very poor system, especially for an otherwise good employee. Especially if the manager didn't tell the safety committee that the so called policy was not reviewed.

PositiveTiffany688

Isn’t this one of those things that gets you in the news.....I wonder how they’d enjoy that. Doesn’t seem to matter if someone’s doing the right thing, just quote whatever policy you decide to follow at the time.

Managers should be up front with this so that their employees learn from the start not to assist each other. Not fair at all.

View more comments (14)

Lowes in Commerce Charter Township, Michigan - Kitchen remodeling

3.2
We signed a contract to remodeled our kitchen and I have to say that everything went fine until the parts started to come in. Missing , broken parts started to come, 1/2 sent to our house and the other to the store. Until they order new parts, it was already 2 weeks of work missed. The people who did the actual remodeling were great, but the store and manager assistant were a nightmare, not returning my calls when I was extremely frustrated. The person in the store who seams to be doing something left the store and they didn't even mention to me who was going to be in charge. No communication skills at all. I ended up calling the manager and leaving a message that I was extremely unhappy with their feed back. Manager never called me back to at least apologize to us, but his assistant started to call me, but made sure to mention that I "had" to call her boss in an angry manner. We changed the cabinets and counter tops, nothing else was changed. The project went from Jul 1st until November 1st. Until now, nobody reached to us to ask if we were satisfy with their work. Shame on you, Lowes! We wont do another project with them!
Lowes Manager
Pros
  • Workers installing the cabinets were great
Cons
  • There communication skills
Resolved

Resolved: Lowes in Fredericksburg, Virginia - Spotsylvania Lowe’s

3.2
Thank you Dave. The Delivery Manager at the Spotsylvania Lowe’s for being such a jerk for the second time. You need to work on your customer service skills because you suck at them. You need training.I spoke to you twice on my deliveries, and the the way you spoke to me was so unprofessional. I tried to give those the benefit of the doubt when I bought a refrigerator for $1500 and it was damaged and I spoke to you and you just dismiss everything that I was trying to explain to you and was just extremely rude. I was able to speak to Bryce to handle this situation with I tried to give the is the benefit of the doubt when I bought a refrigerator for $1500 and it was damaged and I spoke to you and you just dismissed everything I was explaining to you. I try to give Lowes the benefit of the doubt and bought us though but a microwave for $1200 in the world. I spoke to you again you were extremely extremely rude about the situation. You do not need to be a manager at all.

Is that anywhere near Transylvania?

TroubledGiantClam852

Call Lowe's corporate...Customer Care at 1 800 445-6937 and let them know about you experience with Dave. I would also notify the store manger and regional manager.

To get to the store manager just call the store.

To get the regional manager ask for name from Customer Care at 1 800 445-6937 and also complain to them about your experience. #Let them feel the pain!

What are you trying to say?

View more comments (2)

Lowes in Panama City, Florida - How “LOWE” can you go

3.2
I have been a LOWES commercial customer for 22+ years I ordered windows for my Home as part of an exterior renovation on 4/20/18 and pre paid $4500 It has been a very frustrating experience I am not getting anybody to stand up , be accountable, get the job done Specifically the CO office. The Manager Dwana and rep Eric gave no follow thru, no accountability, they are out of the loop. Communication is hit and miss. If I don’t hunt my windows down nobody else does The windows were to be installed 6/7/18 1 was broken during shipment Three of them were ok but were NOT installed 2 were ordered WRONG Installers left the job without installing any windows 10 days later Lowes finally came and retrieved the windows from the middle of my driveway where the installers left them Eric confirm delivery 7/19, then 7/25, then silence .. ... The 3 windows that we’re correct have now been lost , stolen , sold at the store- nobody knows! Now I hear the new delivery date to be 9.12.18!!!!! install maybe.....
Poor customer service

Lowes in Hammond, Louisiana - Bad experience.

2.8
I went in to lowes in hammond,la to inquire about several job postings i saw on indeed.com i filled out a few over the last month or so then i recieved an email on august 7th saying were considering other applicants ok so i paid it no mind not even a day later i see about 8 new jobs posted on indeed.com an the lowes website so i filled out 4 this time for different openings friday aug 10th today is the 13th so i went to the store thinking i would give it a try to have better luck only to find that the H.R manager name Sarah was so rude to me for 1 i sat outside her office waiting only to speak to because several managers an workes at the front of the store when i came in directed to her so i thought she could help me but after an hour sitting outside her door because one of the managers told me i could wait to speak to her if i like to so i said cool ill wait because i was serious about the job so she open the door i walked to her door an said ms sarah she goes yea in a rude tone i said they sent me back to talk to u about an application i filled out on line she says who sent u back here again in a rude tone well the application process is when u fill it out online an if we review it an u qualify we will call u again in a rude tone so she knew how she talk to me was wrong i knew how the application process worked i just really wanted to give it a shot an come to the store to talk to someone because sometimes it proves to people that you really wanna work but Sarah in H.R was really really really rude to me she was disrespectful an such nasty person i didnt mean any harm im sorry if i bothered u i was just trying to get a job at lowes an become part of a team because im always there shopping an i always see the now hiring banner out front so i thought id give it a try so on my way out i stopped a lowes worker an described to them my experence with sarah an that person stated shes always like that an the worker wrote the 1800 lowes number down an told me i can complaint there my experence there today made me not want to ever step foot back at that place we have lowes accounts an all we buy off out lowes card an always pay back before time an this how i get treated.

I really don't see why the didn't hire you. You seem to meet all the requirements for their salespeople.

Freaking hillarious!

I can see why they passed your on-line application over. If you don't even know how to spell the word you, I wouldn't think of hiring you either.

View more comments (2)
Work Experience or Job Application
Resolved

Resolved: Lowes in Columbus, Ohio - Improvement is needed!

3.0

Update by user Aug 21, 2018

Manager was able to locate a replacement (new) and delivered the new one in a short period. All parties are satisfied at this point.

Update by user Aug 07, 2018

I have been contacted by Lowe's corporate and they are working on a solution at this time. I also stopped in at the local store to get the straight story since they failed to call yesterday 08/06/18 as promised.

The item has been discontinued I was told and they would work with me to satisfy our purchase agreement with them. It is unfortunate that I had to take time out of my day to get an answer to my issue.

I hope that moving forward they will recommit to a quality customer care in the future to avoid such issues as this. All we ask is to have a resolved issue and honesty in communications.

Original review posted by user Aug 06, 2018

Received a damaged washing machine which was purchased new out of the box on 7/31/18 and after contacting the support team we were assured we would get another one to exchange. We did on 8/5/18 and it was also damaged from paint. Delivery team showed us a form stating we had purchased the floor model. Not true! We contacted the store and spoke to the assistant manager who assured we would be contacted on 8/6/18 with another date for delivery and an answer to why they brought out the floor model. Well, you can already come to the conclusion that no-one bothered to speak with us. We have shopped for all of our big purchases at the Lowe's in the Easton shopping center on Morse Crossing and we are disappointed by the poor service they have shown us. All we want is what we originally paid for, which was a brand new washer.
Lowes Manager
Cons
  • Customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered
Tags
  • customer servive

Lowes - Horrendous experiebce - order cancellation

3.2
I called in an order that got mixed up Delivery wise. It took me one afternoon on the phone, two hours at the cashier and half an hour for the manager to cancel the order. Refund issued was in a Store Card instead of the my Gift card payment and it cannot be used to get the benefits of My Lowes on line discount shopping. Apparently they only have one cashier and one manager that can take care of an order cancellation. The manager disappeared for the half hour because they told me he is very busy, Same excuse for the afternoon phone calls, the cashier is very busy, with the addition that they will call me right back but never do so.

If you'd have gotten off your butt and gone to the store and placed the order in the first place you could have confirmed the order was correct and avoided the problem in the first place. Having spent over 30 years in retail I always took care of the customers waiting in the store before those on the phone.

They are there in the store to spend money, the person on the phone is a maybe.

If they don't take your call or don't call you right back, it's because they are busy helping people in the store. Even when you get to the store, keep in mind that a manager has a big store to cover and you may not be the only person seeking their attention.

Lowes Manager
Cons
  • Poor service
  • Order cancellations
  • Store manager and customer service

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111

Lowes reviews

Refrigerator disaster at Lowes Home Improvement Center

3.1

Update by user May 14, 2017

Hubby just returned from Lowes and Conrad the manager that walked away was waiting for him at the door. Jerry came home with 2 new shelves and the water filter.....Hopefully the 5 day ordeal is done.

Update by user May 14, 2017

Well as expected GJ Transport Solutions a independent delivery service arrived early but we were ready. They had the old one out of the house and new one installed in less than 30 minutes.

Thanks Jesus. But as soon as we started looking the water filter was missing and one of the door units was broken...OH MY GOD...so off to Lowes again to talk to Dwayne one of the managers/sales person to get these new issues resolved.

Update by user May 14, 2017

Husband went back to the Lowes store later in the day and the delivery service told them we refused the unit because it was "used". When in fact they told us the unit was damaged.

The ground plug prong had been cut off by someone. That is why it was not installed. The store did not have the refrigerator we had purchased and could not find another in the area. They kept trying to up sale another which would cost us additional $500 plus.

We finally settle on the same style French door but the color would not be the black we wanted. Something about a dark chrome, never heard of that. Hope it works. Not going to pay one more penny at this point.

Well today is Mothers day and all plans have been cancelled due to a call saying delivery will be today between 12:00 noon and 2:00 PM.

We will have everything ready for them by 11:00 AM because we were told if it wasn't ready even if they arrive early they will not wait the 20 minutes for us to get things ready and just leave saying they will be back later maybe. Will let you know what happens.

Original review posted by user May 13, 2017

Well what a ordeal dealing with Lowes in Pittsburg. Bought a refrigerator on Weds. We needed it right away and to bring it home when we purchased it since ours had quit working completely (compressor) Got a great deal. But that was when all the good vibes stopped. The guys that loaded it slide the back of the frig. into the back of the truck and ripped a water line on the back but we didn't discover it till we got it home and got the water hooked up and water went every where. Called Lowes and got a huge run around about how we had purchased an open box frig and that it was sold as is....really???? But your loaders are the ones that damaged it in the first place and the appliance didn't say AS IS and no one mentioned AS IS. The manager James we were talking to they don't have to inform us of that it's on the receipt. So I grab the receipt and guess what "there was no where on the receipt that said AS IS. Then he changed his tune. He said he'd go check and see if they had another frig like it and would have it delivered the next day. Called back they did and when the delivery company arrived they told us that the power cord was damaged and they would have to return it. I thought that was strange because the manager we spoke with said he had personal inspected the frig. and had tucked the power cord up in the unit. LAIR!!!!!! Lowes tried to reach the delivery company so they could return cause they were sure there was nothing wrong with the power cord. 4 hrs later they said they had not been able to contact them, so they would talk to them at 7:00am when they came to get today's deliveries. So Jerry goes down to Lowes this morning at 6:30am so he can be there when the frig. arrives and find out what happened. What is the next step will be. After several conversations with numerous rude Managers. Eugene, James and another one with no name tag. The truck at that point was over 3 hrs late. They were high pressuring Jerry to except another frig. of a different manufacturer that did not fit what we needed. Tried to sell him another refrig. at additional cost to us. One for those *** managers actually walked away when Jerry asked for a game plan if the refrig. on the truck was actually damaged (which at 10:00 was determined that the power cord had been cut and couldn't be delivered ) the manager just turned and walked away without answering him. By this time it was best for Jerry to leave or someone might get hurt, he was beyond pissed. So here we sit. Saturday morning with a defective frig. and hoping this will get resolved tomorrow because they said even if they could find a replacement frig. it could not be delivered till tomorrow. Don't want to impact delivery's scheduled for today . So.....will see what happens tomorrow. Have to cancel all plans we had for Mother's Day so we can be here for delivery since they will only give a 4 hr window for when they might get here. to be continued........
h.kitchener

Why the intense need to buy a fridge from Lowe's after all the trouble they gave you? You should have just cancelled the purchase and gone elsewhere. That Lowe's location obviously doesn't care much about customer service.

Lowes Manager
Pros
  • Managere danny and dwane
Cons
  • Conrad
  • James
  • Loading staff
Loss
Preferred solution
train thier managers and staff to handle and resolve issues in timely manner
Tags