My ordeal began as I was visiting Mississauga ( I reside in Guelph ) with my wife. On our way we stopped by the Lowes in Mississauga to get ideas for Patio furniture.

While on location, we were given good customer service in advising us on prices/looks of various patio conversation sets.

We were very pleased and chose to place the order for an umbrella and an Allen +Routh Westmount patio set.

At the time of ordering, I was advised that this is a clearance piece, and was assured that 5 more are inbound to the store and that I can easily be the recipient of this set.

After an hour’s worth of back/ forth and me waiting in line for various customer service reps coming and discussing details on the patio set, I was finally able to place the order and go home.

The items were supposed to arrive in the store after which I would get a call from the store to arrange for delivery. Estimated date of store arrival was given as July 31.

I did not receive any call and I followed up on August 2, with a customer service rep in the store. I was told that I should be receiving a call later that day as sometimes there is a delay.

I did not receive any call again and I again called the store on August 4th, with a rep telling me that yes the item is in the store and that I just have to pay for delivery charges.

As I live in Guelph, I asked the rep if I can pay over the phone, which I was refused for , thus forcing me to make a Mississauga trip on August 5th.

After paying for delivery I was told that the next call I will be getting is a delivery finalization call and that I will be getting the items on August 9th

Today is August 8th and the only call I get is that the patio set is sold out and I will not be getting it.

My questions to Lowes management were as follows:

-That when I asked of the availability , why was I assured by 3 reps that there are 5 coming and that I will get one. ( otherwise I would have been happy to order anything else )

-Why did I have to wait in line for an hour while in store customer service desk made me wait to finalize the order details.

-Why was I told that I would be receiving phone calls to arrange for delivery, and got no call, and I had to do any/all follow ups.

- I mentioned even in our first interaction with the store that I am from Guelph, yet I was made to drive from Guelph to Mississauga to pay a delivery charge, are they so backwards that they cannot take phone payments?

- Why was I told upon paying for delivery that the item is arrived and sitting in the stores warehouse, only for me to receive a call later saying they oversold the item.

- Why do I have to be the victim of their ineptitude, when the reps can’t even make a proper commitment of availability or to give me a call or making me drive back/forth from Guelph

- To make matters worse, the person that called me from the store telling me that they are oversold, introduces himself as a Customer service rep, I remember his name from my store interaction, and then when I ask to voice my displeasure to a manager, turns around and claims that he is the manager.

- irony is that I have gotten a bill to start paying for the item with interest on it, only for me to be refused the item in question.

This person wrote the review because of order processing issue of allen and roth outdoor furniture from Lowes. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Lowes to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Lowes for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments