Our neighbors were having a fence put in and the subcontractors for Lowes who go by the name of Backyard Paradise.

These people that Lowes in Myrtlebeach contracted to put up our neighbors fence.. were taking it upon themselves to cut my trees without coming to us the home owner stating they were going to whittle on our trees. They also were about to build on our property.. and I raised holy *** to LOWES and reported this to 2 men at Lowes and the 2nd one found it rather amusing rather than handling it professionally.

Lowes needs to always have those contracting work to make sure they are not on someone elses property or trying to place a fence ilegally.

By the end of the day the man hired by Lowes got a bit mouthy since he had an audience.

UNDERSTAND I AM A HOME BUILDER AND HAVE USED LOWES SPENDING THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS.

I WILL NOT BE USING LOWES ANY LONGER.. AS THEY NEED TO HAVE PEOPLE THEY HIRE TO UNDERSTAND THE LAW AND RULES AND REGULATIONS RATHER THAN SIMPLY PUTTING UP A FENCE WHERE ANOTHER OWNER SAYS.. IT WILL GET THEM SUED.

My issue is they didnt have the decency and respect to come to me and let me know they were chopping on my trees that we had shipped to our home and that cost a great deal of money.

Comments

Contractors are not responsible to locate property lines. The home owner is responsible and should pay a surveyor to mark property lines if they are not sure.

Contractors build fences where homeowner says, and homeowner signs a contract authorizing contractor to build fence where their indicate.

You should be mad at you neighbor because they authorized Lowes to build the fence where they did, and probably your neighbor thought the trees were theirs, and authorized them to cut the trees. Contractors are no lawyers to verify who owns what, they are responsible to call utilities to locate lines, so they do not hit them when digging holes in the grown, and that is pretty much what they need to do.

TMorrison

This is an update on my situation

Lowes admitted to the Contractors improper cutting of my trees and reimbursed me for the damage. They resolved it in a few days.

They did not have a permit to put up the fence so this showed me they were a company that managed to get work without being true Contractors that built fences.

Im a home builder and in Realestate I KNOW WHERE MY PROPERTY LINES ARE.

#519710

HEY!I wish someone contracted LOWES to put up a fence next to my home.Then i could get my tree's cut for free.That would be GREAT.

IHateStupidCustomers
#519372

I'm not saying that I agree with it, I'm just saying it's not like Lowe's personally called them and told them to cut down your trees.

I personally myself have had issues with contractors hired by Lowes that they apparently hire to do some of their work. That was unprofessionalism, the contractor should have viewed both home owners plots and asked for permission to cut on any trees.

When something is your property and someone does damage they the contractor and the person contracting them as well as the homeowner that had the fence put up are liable. I know I do this type of work. So I think it is very inappropriate for someone to be defending the contractor.

They should know how to conduct their business better. YOU NEVER ENTER SOMEONES PROPERTY WITHOUT PERMISSION.

I agree with the home owner who had their trees cut without permission. I would be totally irate if someone were to come into my yard and start cutting on my trees.

As far as some of the negative comments, I think the home owner who is a builder knows where their property lines are and that its their trees being cut. You dont know all the facts so I think it unfair to defend those that with disregard and uprofessionalism cut their trees.

LOWES IS RESPONSIBLE FOR CONTRACTORS ACTIONS. ANYTIME YOU CONTRACT SOMEONE..

YOUR HIRING THEM TO DO A JOB FOR YOU.

The home owner has the right to be upset. I agree, they should notify before they cut and know where proper property lines are from surveys.

Yes it was the subcontractors fault and Lowes for hiring these people

Anyone in remodeling, fencing industry should have the common courtesy if they are about to cut someones trees, go to the home owner

So uncalled for comments from this Blah Blah saying that the subcontractors are not dumb *** doesnt know the facts.

I think the homeowners know where their property lines are and those are their trees. I dont think you would like someone to come into your yard and start cutting on your trees without your permission would you..

IHateStupidCustomers

so.. it was that subcontractor's fault but you went after Lowe's? okay then.

I'm pretty sure permits are required for most fencing. I would guarantee that those trees were not on your property. They're professionals...they're not dumbasses.