Very poor treatment received by lowes store's plumbing dept manager Chris. I had purchased a shower door and the top of the receipt it stated that it would be in by 6/30/17 at the latest.

I called the store this morning and spoke with Chris. Chris was rude with me. I was asking for compensation because I had already hired a contractor for today and was expecting my items to be in today. Chris did not care and told me it was my own fault for hiring a contractor before my item was in.

I stated I was going to contact corporate and Chris told me go right ahead and he did not care. Now I have to pay my contractor. I called head office and Matt ( assistant manger of the store ) called me back.

Instead of admitting the mistakes, rude behaviour and apologize he continued defending employee as Chris.. So it looks like at this store customer is wrong enven if you have a written prove.

Review about: Lowes Manager.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I didn't like: Poor customer service.

Comments

even if delivered on time...what if it was damaged or wrong item...wait till item(s) comes in AND inspected b4 sch'd workers

Jasper, Tennessee, United States #1345749

No one with an ounce of common sense would hire a contractor to install a product before they had it. Stores can tell you when the manufacturer says the product should arrive but there are a lot of things that can cause a delay.

Some of those things include: the warehouse is out of stock, the product in the warehouse is damaged, the trucking company damages the product, the trucking company is slower than expected, the truck breaks down....the list can go on and on.

A reputable contractor wouldn't set a firm installation date until he knew the products needed for the project were ready either. You only have yourself to blame for setting a date for someone to install a product before you had it at your home.

to Anonymous #1357723

Both of you looked beyond this. No one called the customer and told him there was a delay.

If you have no call or email you will figure everything is a go. Also, contractors have to schedule all of their jobs too, so waiting till you have the item you may have to wait for an install time.