2.9
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I loved Lowes. I used to think that i can live in Lowes, but lately its getting more and more disappointing. Where to start...???

1. A few months back I decided to paint my front and back door. Went to Lowes and told them i need an outdoor paint (so I'm covered for the side of the door that is... outside), that my doors are metal and i want a dark brown. I told them that the best is an oil based paint since it was already painted with an oil based paint. They said they dont have or can make anything oil based paint in brown. I was OK, I'll take the alternative and go with primer and strip the entire existing coat. Mentioned a few times what I need it for and what it had to be rated for, I show them the color i want and they hand me the paint. Spent all day stripping, sanding, cleaning and another all day painting, respected the time between coats and did it in my insulated garage, away from direct sunlight and all. And I live in Louisiana. No door during the summer means above 80 degF in the house and the AC pumping to keep it 80 (welcome electric bill). Paint was not cheap, *** was not cheap... and 3 months later my back door is all bubbles inside and out. Its under a covered patio with no direct sunlight, but i did asked for outdoor rated metal paint. Needles to say i have to strip it all again, paint again, luckly the temperatures are not as high. After checking deeper into the paint they gave me... - its a stucco paint. Needles to say I'll check twice next time before I take their PROFESSIONAL advice. Welcome 2 more days of work, more money on the paint...

2. I went a few weeks back to buy some blades for my planer. I was in a hurry and I knew the area where they were within 2 isles error. An emplyee was there and after he saw me rushing through the first isle I thought the blades were, he offered to help, I told him what I need and he takes me to the planers. The full tool. I told him I just need the blades not the entire tool and that they are on one of the isles over there (showed him the area), on the left side of the isle, middle shelf, porter cable, come in sets of two... I thought that will spark in his mind to what i need. He says: OK, I'll follow you so I know what you talking about and where they at. What about he'll need to learn the store before acting as an employee that is supposed to guide the customers.

3. I was finishing a project and I sent my husband to buy me some 2in pocket screws. He comes home with 2 1/2 in pocket screws from the specialty island screws and says that is all they had. The head of the first one i start using broke: head on my hands, screw in the wood. Perfect finish for my project. He asked 3 people where these screws were cause he knew the ones i was using and all employees told him that is all they have. Dear Lowes employees, your pocket screws from 1.5 to 2.5 in, indoor and indoor/outdoor rated are in the tools area next to the Kreg jigs and tools. The boxes of 50 are hanged and the boxes of 100 pcs are on the shelf bellow.

Anyway Lowes, if you want to take an advice: train your people to at least know what you have in the store. Also if you want to advertise yourselves as PROS than sell and recomemd the right products for the clients jobs.

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Lowes. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Lowes.

Comments

If you want good paint go to a paint store!