Sent the following email to Lowes but still no answer from them. Very bad customer service at the local store as well, nobody knows what client relationship means.
Subject: Customer Service Complaint
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 20:33:35 -0500
I would like to express my frustration regarding my recent Lowes' poor customer service.
On November 28th 2011, I purchased a new refrigerator (value of $2,399), a new washer (value of $999) and a new dryer (value of $1,099). Upon purchase of these large appliances, I set the delivery date to be two months in the future (January 28th 2012). One week before the agreed upon delivery date, I was informed that the washer and dryer were no longer in stock and were not due to be in until February 10th 2012 or later. I was dismayed at this information as I had thought that ordering an appliance two months in advance would certainly guarantee its availability or if nothing else, that I would be forewarned that this item might not be available at the time of purchase.
Regardless of the inconvenience caused due to the delay, I decided to proceed with getting the fridge delivered on January 28th (the date originally set for all three).
A second and equally as dismaying experience was experienced during the delivery of our refrigerator. While attempting to bring the refrigerator into the house, the delivery men dropped the fridge to the ground against a step. The delivery's men briefly looked at the fridge and noticed that the front door was smashed and damaged. They continued moving the fridge into the house and told us that they will put a note to replace the fridge door. I understand accidents happen, but it was the response from Lowes afterwards that I found upsetting.
1) I still have not been notified when would the fridge door be replaced.
2) When I called Lowes to inquire about this, they seemed ignorant of the fact that it was dropped at all and gave weak answers as to when it would be possibly in stock and replaced.
3) I have some concern about possible long term damage as a result of the drop. (I can see damage to the exterior, but I have no way of knowing whether the delicate internal workings of the compressor or engine have been affected) Even upon asking, the delivery men seemed ignorant of warranty details or what further action I should take as a customer if issues should arise.
I have really tried to be patient and understanding throughout this whole ordeal, but I feel as if Lowes is not treating me with respect as a customer. I am a first time home buyer and have quite a few projects on the horizon. Up until this ordeal, I had always considered Lowes to be my go-to place, but I am now continually frustrated by the customer service and am left with resorting to competitor home improvement stores.
I hope you will understand my frustrations and agitations.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Review category
- Supermarkets and Malls
You May Also Like
- "Purchased electric water heater on 10/29/15. Could not afford their contractor price to install. Hired a relative. Reset button began tripping immediately. This went on for 2 weeks then breaker..."
- "cust id 1963692 10/24/2014 Today my wife and I went to Lowe's to get some tools and look at tool chests. Standing in the store we check online and see this..."
- "I hired Lowe's installer to install our dishwasher, the installer didn't tighten the nut to the dishwasher and it resulted us losing our kitchen,dining room wall and carpet. This was..."
- "Here we go with why this park is just ok...I can't say horrible because the family time we had was priceless. - Customer service at TT and corporate is a..."
- "I should have figured something like this would happen at this Kroger. I ordered a cake with my son who turned 13. He wanted a tropical theme with water/ocean and..."
- "I've been a loyal GM owner for ive 35 years..But that all ended today..When I realized that GM does not like Animals..It's ok for me to drive them around in..."
- "You sign up and WHAM! Placed on a waitlist that forces you to spam people to get off of. This is AFTER you've given Ipsy your credit card/payment info. There..."
- "I had a call from National Tipster around August 2013, the sales person was courteous. A few days later I received a UPS package. I paid $250 to them and..."
- "First my 6 month old range cooling fan broke which took five weeks to replace the entire unit since there were no replacement parts available. Customer service was difficult..."