Product: Lowes Protection Plan Clear all filters (24 of 24 reviews match)
Rating
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes - 2 year Replacement Plan

Bought a Troy Built 3-1 140cc With 2 Year Replacement Warranty On It.. Simple Diagnostic Carburetor Went Bad.. 2 Year Replacement Warranty Covers Any Issue Supersedes Manufacturer Warranty.. Lowe's Denies Coverage Says CrankShaft Is Bent.. If 2 Year Replacement Warranty Covers Anything And Supersedes Manufacturer Warranty Mower Is To Be Replaced. Had Mower Checked Out Independently No Bent Crankshaft Just Bad Carburetor.. Lowe's Refunded The Warranty Nothing With The Wrong Diagnosis Of The Mower Nor Lack Of Responsibility.. BAD SERVICE AND FALSE WARRANTIES...

It doesn't matter what is purchased through Lowe's. Warranty is not what it states.

They don't help nor care about your purchase.

I purchased a three warranty for a major appliance, which is defective. It's been an expensive nightmare.

2.8

Update by user Jun 11

Original review posted by user Jun 10

Basically the representatives didn't make an effort to keep me a satisfied customer. I was transferred multiple times and waited so long, only to be transferred again and again. This issue has waisted my time along with the nice independent service guys who have all...
Lowes Protection Plan
Cons
  • Service protection plan
Poor customer service
Full refund
Tags
  • Customer Satisfaction Guarantee

Lowes - Protection plan is useless

Update by user Jul 14

No contact or action from Lowes over 42 day span - not that it was expected. Will still patronize Lowes but won't fall for their "Protection Plan" again.

Original review posted by user Jun 02

Purchased Whirlpool Cabrio dryer in August 2017 from Lowe's - including a 3 year protection plan. Dryer heat stopped working in May 2019. The local repair service we prefer was called first. We were told that Lowe's had to approve them for the service to be provided. Called the number provided and were told that the warranty service could only be provided by a company in Lexington, KY, which is 1.5 hours away from our location. Absolute absurdity!! We determined that the Lowe's "protection plan" was a joke, called our preferred local service provider, and continued with life. Lowe's "protection plan" - NEVER AGAIN!

I bought a lawn mower with extended warranty for 3 years paid about $300 dollars for warranty, now they said it’s not in computer, my phone is not in computer they need my receipts what a waste of my $300.00 they got me good what a SCAM but never again

You obviously didn't spend a second looking at the service plan you purchased. They all require that you contact the plan provider who will arrange for service.

They have contracts with low cost service providers to cover the repairs. Nowhere does it say you can contact whoever you want and that they will cover their charges.

@Anonymous

Any well read person knows that extended warranties and service plans are almost always a gyp. I wouldn't purchase any kind of appliance from someone who is trying to aggressively sell me one of them, because they are showing that they don't respect me and they think that I am dense.

View more comments (2)
Warranty issue
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • Protection Plan Problems

Lowes - UNPLEASANT EXPRIENCE

Bought a frigdedire fridge in 2016 and up to april 2019 I had problems with the ice maker an cooling isssues. the service company they contract came out 8 times in a matter of 4 years and never were able to solve the issue. finally they issue me a buyout and I was able to buy a new fridge. on the very last call befoe I was issued the buy out I was told that I could place the remaining months o my exended warranty onto the new fridge. When I called to do exactly that I was told that the info I was given was incorrect. im just so over this hole experience bu I thank God I have a new frigderator and kudos to the customer service reps who were very helpful at different times. jut remember if you accept the buyout it voids your protection plan no matter how many months you have left!

Your protection plan bought you a new refrigerator, sounds like you got your moneys worth. The plans that some stores sell limit their payout on repairs to what you paid for the refrigerator and you more than likely wouldn't have even reached the 8 service calls before your money ran out. Be happy that you had a plan that replaced your refrigerator.

Lowes Protection Plan

Lowes in Hermitage, Pennsylvania - Warranty issue.

3.8
I purchased a Samsung refrigerator and the 5 year warranty from Lowe’s. The refrigerator had been returned without use and placed in scratch and dent section due to a few scratches near door handles. The sale sign said “ no issues “ and because it had never been used they said I could purchase Lowe’s extended warranty, which I did. The product was delivered to the church for which I had purchased it. As soon as the refrigerator had been plugged in for a few minutes the door alarm began and continued. I called Lowe’s to get the alarm fixed but they told me the warranty was not valid on the product because it was being used by a church (business). My complaint is that the store knew I was purchasing for a church but did not mention that the warranty would not apply and that once the church plugged it in and put something in it, it was now considered used and no one could purchase the extended warranty on a used product. We are returning the refrigerator to Lowe’s and they are giving us a full refund. However, I am upset that they sold me a refrigerator, at a good price, that had issues they were unwilling to fix, and now a store warranty is useless. Is there any recourse for something like this? Kathy Yobe

Yes, the next Tim e you purchase a product take time to read the warranty BEFORE you purchase the product. Many consumer products have warranties that cover the product for residential use but if it is used for commercial purposes the coverage goes away or is decreased. Don't take a salespersons word for what is covered by the warranty as they may not be totally accurate in what they tell you.

PEOPLE WHO BUY EXTENDED WARRANTIES ARE `USUALLY "A FEW FRIES SHORT OF A HAPPY MEAL" BEST JUST TO PUT THE MONEY AWAY IN THE BANK UNTIL WHEN OR IF YOU EVER NEED IT, INSTEAD OF PURCHASING A WARRANTY THAT THE SCAMSTERS WILL REFUSE TO HONOR!

View more comments (1)

3.1
Pissed off...Lowes protection plans are a scam
I am have similar issues with Lowes about my 11 year epp protection plan. I bought the Bosch tankless water heater in May 2009. We all know that this is not cheap. Last week the thing leaked water out of the heat exchanger and some how managed to get into the electronics. I called to get the situation resolved but it seems that they can’t locate the receipt. I sent the pic of the receipt to the claims dept. to prove I purchased the extended protection plan with the unit. Then they came back and said there was no service provider and no contracts were issued. They are *** me off to the point that I will have to get in contact with the attorney general here in Texas. Lowes warranties are a scam. I went ahead and purchased another water heater from Lowes with the protection plan again. I am thinking twice about taking my receipt back and getting a refund. Then, purchase home warranty before the unit goes out.

Which is why I steer clear of big box stores, extended warranties, and most of all home warranty’s .

#1671969

Tankless water heaters are pieces of trash too many electronics! If you don’t rescale them every 6 months, the calcium, lime and other minerals from the water will corrode it, since there is no collection tank or sacrificial anode.

Instant hot water turns into instant cold water. Extended warranties are total rip offs, same as home warranties. But, everyone wants their toys.

What’s wrong with a standard, cheap water heater? Not good enough for you?

@Anonymous

The older tankless hot water heaters have no electronics. We purchased one from a supplier, whose name I have forgotten, in 1983,in New England.

It worked very well and lasted about 15 years. They replaced it with an upgraded model (no electronics) at a reduced price.

This model lasted another 10 years until we sold the house. I do not know long it worked after we sold out.

@Anonymous

I should let you know that my water heater is located in the attic in a single story home. You have to crawl over duct work and only have a 4 foot of limited height and width to move water heater through until it opens up to a larger area.

It’s very hard to do all that if your the only one doing it. On top of that a family of 6 uses a lot of hot water.

Most people would have learned their lesson the first time. Why on earth would you buy another extended service plan when you know good and well it isn't with anything?

you can sue Lowe's all you want, but they have nothing to do with any protection plan other than selling them.

Asurion possibly

View more comments (6)
Poor customer service

Lowes in Zanesville, Ohio - Lowe’s Extended warranty

2.9
Purchased a refrigerator with a 3 year so called extended warranty come to find out this extended warranty starts the day of purchase so in all actuality it’s only a 2 year extended warranty Lowe’s supplies no documentation on the extended warranty program to explain how it actually works (fraud)

If you read the terms, it starts from day one because it is not just an extended warranty, it provides you with additional coverage and benefits that the manufacturer doesn’t provide. Such as, power surge coverage, food loss, rental reimbursement, and 50% rebate on maintenance products purchase for the refrigerator(this includes cleaning products and water filters).

Not fraud at all. In fact if you replace the water filter every 6 months at $50 a pop, you get $25 back, over three years that benefit alone pay for the warranty itself.

Go to Lowes.com and look up appliance warranty. It is pretty clear that the one year manufacturers warranty is part to the total term of your warranty.

It also tells you that the contract is sent to you via e-mail if you provide a proper e-mail address.

There is also a phone number you can call to have a printed version sent to you. Sounds like you are just another consumer who doesn't look at the details of a product before they make the purchase.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Protection Plan

Lowes - Lowe’s refrigerators and warranty’s suck!

1.3
My wife and I bought a whirlpool refrigerator from Lowe’s online and it has been a disaster! Within the first year we had issues with the ice maker and icing in the refrigerator compartment, everything was freezing. Fast forward to this past Christmas the refrigerator stoped cooling and we lost our food and groceries during the 2018 Christmas Holiday season. They took approximately 2 weeks to come and order parts 01/07/2019! Fast forward two weeks and it stopped cooling again now they are telling us it’s another front defrost control in the front of the refrigerator and Diffuser ? Once more loosing our groceries! It will be two weeks before they arrive with the parts! We have called Lowe’s to extend our warranty because this refrigerator is only 2.5 years old and we bought a 3 years plan! They are giving us the run around stating that the extended service plans are in a lottery system? I have to say Lowe’s has to be the worse at customer service and I will never as long as I live buy another item at the store not even a screw! They don’t stand by the products they sell and treat the customer with the upmost disrespect by lying to them! Now I have a refrigerator they sold with a service contract that cannot be extended! Lowes can GTH as far as I am concerned and I hope they go out of business!

Lowes in Newtown, Connecticut - Total fraud

1.3
The sales guy told me I would be covered 24/7. I bought the plan on his word and could not read the agreement in the store. My refrigerator broke. Was on phone for almost 1 hour with bad English. They told me they would expedite and call back that day. No one called. I had a tech fix the next day that I payed for. I called to place a complaint and nobody contacted me back. Called again and Lowes said someone tried to contact me over 1 week later. Why so long? They had pre-written responses to my questions. They would not reimburse me for the repair parts or labor. Wasted about 3 hours total on the phone. What did I pay for? Very dishonest.

My bet is that if you were to take some time and read the service plan you purchased you would find out exactly what you paid for. They may have someone that answers the phone 24/7 but that doesn't mean you will get immediate service. You aren't going to be put at the front of the line for service calls, you will be scheduled when the next technician is available.

@Anonymous

The Lowes representative realized I was in need for a timely repair and told me they would expedite and call me back with an appointment in a few hours. Never happened.

A total scam. All the way to the responses.

@Anonymous

So rather than calling them back you called someone else? That doesn't make them responsible to pay the repair company you chose.

@Anonymous

Why would we wait for Lowes to fix it when they did not even call back when they said they would? What kind of a joke is lowes service?

View more comments (3)
Warranty issue
Let the company propose a solution

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111
North Wilkesboro, North Carolina 28656
United States
Phone:
(800) 445-6937
All Lowes Contacts

Lowes protecion plan

Refrigerator broke. Called for service. Lowes sales person told me 24/7 service when I bought the plan. Service Operator told me they would expedite. They never called back. Went to independent contractor to fix. Lowes will not reimburse. DO NOT purchase this plan- it is totally useless, a complete waste of time and money. Called customer service three times to complain, got the run around every time. Seems the service is only available when they can get around to it. Asked for refund or partial reimbursement, this is when the excuses kept coming out. The amount of time and money wasted going back and forth was more than the plan cost. Very irresponsible as a business. Did some research, it seems there are no positive reviews for this plan.
Not as described/ advertised