Product: Lowes Protection Plan Clear all filters (23 of 23 reviews match)
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Product:

3.1
Pissed off...Lowes protection plans are a scam
I am have similar issues with Lowes about my 11 year epp protection plan. I bought the Bosch tankless water heater in May 2009. We all know that this is not cheap. Last week the thing leaked water out of the heat exchanger and some how managed to get into the electronics. I called to get the situation resolved but it seems that they can’t locate the receipt. I sent the pic of the receipt to the claims dept. to prove I purchased the extended protection plan with the unit. Then they came back and said there was no service provider and no contracts were issued. They are *** me off to the point that I will have to get in contact with the attorney general here in Texas. Lowes warranties are a scam. I went ahead and purchased another water heater from Lowes with the protection plan again. I am thinking twice about taking my receipt back and getting a refund. Then, purchase home warranty before the unit goes out.

Which is why I steer clear of big box stores, extended warranties, and most of all home warranty’s .

#1671969

Tankless water heaters are pieces of trash too many electronics! If you don’t rescale them every 6 months, the calcium, lime and other minerals from the water will corrode it, since there is no collection tank or sacrificial anode.

Instant hot water turns into instant cold water. Extended warranties are total rip offs, same as home warranties. But, everyone wants their toys.

What’s wrong with a standard, cheap water heater? Not good enough for you?

@Anonymous

The older tankless hot water heaters have no electronics. We purchased one from a supplier, whose name I have forgotten, in 1983,in New England.

It worked very well and lasted about 15 years. They replaced it with an upgraded model (no electronics) at a reduced price.

This model lasted another 10 years until we sold the house. I do not know long it worked after we sold out.

@Anonymous

I should let you know that my water heater is located in the attic in a single story home. You have to crawl over duct work and only have a 4 foot of limited height and width to move water heater through until it opens up to a larger area.

It’s very hard to do all that if your the only one doing it. On top of that a family of 6 uses a lot of hot water.

Most people would have learned their lesson the first time. Why on earth would you buy another extended service plan when you know good and well it isn't with anything?

you can sue Lowe's all you want, but they have nothing to do with any protection plan other than selling them.

Asurion possibly

View more comments (6)
Poor customer service
2.8

Update by user Jun 11

Original review posted by user Jun 10

Basically the representatives didn't make an effort to keep me a satisfied customer. I was transferred multiple times and waited so long, only to be transferred again and again. This issue has waisted my time along with the nice independent service guys who have all...
Lowes Protection Plan
Cons
  • Service protection plan
Poor customer service
Full refund
Tags
  • Customer Satisfaction Guarantee

Lowes - 2 year Replacement Plan

Bought a Troy Built 3-1 140cc With 2 Year Replacement Warranty On It.. Simple Diagnostic Carburetor Went Bad.. 2 Year Replacement Warranty Covers Any Issue Supersedes Manufacturer Warranty.. Lowe's Denies Coverage Says CrankShaft Is Bent.. If 2 Year Replacement Warranty Covers Anything And Supersedes Manufacturer Warranty Mower Is To Be Replaced. Had Mower Checked Out Independently No Bent Crankshaft Just Bad Carburetor.. Lowe's Refunded The Warranty Nothing With The Wrong Diagnosis Of The Mower Nor Lack Of Responsibility.. BAD SERVICE AND FALSE WARRANTIES...

It doesn't matter what is purchased through Lowe's. Warranty is not what it states.

They don't help nor care about your purchase.

I purchased a three warranty for a major appliance, which is defective. It's been an expensive nightmare.

Lowes - UNPLEASANT EXPRIENCE

Bought a frigdedire fridge in 2016 and up to april 2019 I had problems with the ice maker an cooling isssues. the service company they contract came out 8 times in a matter of 4 years and never were able to solve the issue. finally they issue me a buyout and I was able to buy a new fridge. on the very last call befoe I was issued the buy out I was told that I could place the remaining months o my exended warranty onto the new fridge. When I called to do exactly that I was told that the info I was given was incorrect. im just so over this hole experience bu I thank God I have a new frigderator and kudos to the customer service reps who were very helpful at different times. jut remember if you accept the buyout it voids your protection plan no matter how many months you have left!

Your protection plan bought you a new refrigerator, sounds like you got your moneys worth. The plans that some stores sell limit their payout on repairs to what you paid for the refrigerator and you more than likely wouldn't have even reached the 8 service calls before your money ran out. Be happy that you had a plan that replaced your refrigerator.

Lowes in Zanesville, Ohio - Lowe’s Extended warranty

2.9
Purchased a refrigerator with a 3 year so called extended warranty come to find out this extended warranty starts the day of purchase so in all actuality it’s only a 2 year extended warranty Lowe’s supplies no documentation on the extended warranty program to explain how it actually works (fraud)

If you read the terms, it starts from day one because it is not just an extended warranty, it provides you with additional coverage and benefits that the manufacturer doesn’t provide. Such as, power surge coverage, food loss, rental reimbursement, and 50% rebate on maintenance products purchase for the refrigerator(this includes cleaning products and water filters).

Not fraud at all. In fact if you replace the water filter every 6 months at $50 a pop, you get $25 back, over three years that benefit alone pay for the warranty itself.

Go to Lowes.com and look up appliance warranty. It is pretty clear that the one year manufacturers warranty is part to the total term of your warranty.

It also tells you that the contract is sent to you via e-mail if you provide a proper e-mail address.

There is also a phone number you can call to have a printed version sent to you. Sounds like you are just another consumer who doesn't look at the details of a product before they make the purchase.

View more comments (1)

Lowes - Protection plan is useless

Update by user Jul 14

No contact or action from Lowes over 42 day span - not that it was expected. Will still patronize Lowes but won't fall for their "Protection Plan" again.

Original review posted by user Jun 02

Purchased Whirlpool Cabrio dryer in August 2017 from Lowe's - including a 3 year protection plan. Dryer heat stopped working in May 2019. The local repair service we prefer was called first. We were told that Lowe's had to approve them for the service to be provided. Called the number provided and were told that the warranty service could only be provided by a company in Lexington, KY, which is 1.5 hours away from our location. Absolute absurdity!! We determined that the Lowe's "protection plan" was a joke, called our preferred local service provider, and continued with life. Lowe's "protection plan" - NEVER AGAIN!

I bought a lawn mower with extended warranty for 3 years paid about $300 dollars for warranty, now they said it’s not in computer, my phone is not in computer they need my receipts what a waste of my $300.00 they got me good what a SCAM but never again

You obviously didn't spend a second looking at the service plan you purchased. They all require that you contact the plan provider who will arrange for service.

They have contracts with low cost service providers to cover the repairs. Nowhere does it say you can contact whoever you want and that they will cover their charges.

@Anonymous

Any well read person knows that extended warranties and service plans are almost always a gyp. I wouldn't purchase any kind of appliance from someone who is trying to aggressively sell me one of them, because they are showing that they don't respect me and they think that I am dense.

Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • Protection Plan Problems

Lowes in East Rutherford, New Jersey - Horrific warranty repairs

Second time in a period of two months called for service on 3 year old washing machine. Parts never on the truck. Wait another two weeks come with wrong part. Takes another two weeks this is first time. Current situation AGAIN come w/out part. Waiting two weeks again. Set up a date to come took off from work called to cancel at last minute. Still no service. Call this morning find out they lied to us. Part just ordered. No idea when they are coming. Running to laundromat while caring for 100 year old Mom! What a disgrace. Spreading the word to everyone I know about Lowe’s and their warranty. Never step foot in this store again!
FumblingShark

Boycott racist lowes

TalentedCarp

Are you just working with the technician? have you called their service line to make a complaint on them?

just curious. I know sometimes the parts need to be ordered.

sometimes the service line people can help. especially if you ask to speak with a supervisor.

Are you kidding? Do you really expect them to carry all the parts for all the appliances they service in their truck?

That idea just isn't realistic.

Some problems are easily solved but it isn't uncommon to have to order parts. Just a fact of life as trucks aren't big enough to haul a warehouse of parts in.

Lowes in Newtown, Connecticut - Total fraud

1.3
The sales guy told me I would be covered 24/7. I bought the plan on his word and could not read the agreement in the store. My refrigerator broke. Was on phone for almost 1 hour with bad English. They told me they would expedite and call back that day. No one called. I had a tech fix the next day that I payed for. I called to place a complaint and nobody contacted me back. Called again and Lowes said someone tried to contact me over 1 week later. Why so long? They had pre-written responses to my questions. They would not reimburse me for the repair parts or labor. Wasted about 3 hours total on the phone. What did I pay for? Very dishonest.

My bet is that if you were to take some time and read the service plan you purchased you would find out exactly what you paid for. They may have someone that answers the phone 24/7 but that doesn't mean you will get immediate service. You aren't going to be put at the front of the line for service calls, you will be scheduled when the next technician is available.

@Anonymous

The Lowes representative realized I was in need for a timely repair and told me they would expedite and call me back with an appointment in a few hours. Never happened.

A total scam. All the way to the responses.

@Anonymous

So rather than calling them back you called someone else? That doesn't make them responsible to pay the repair company you chose.

@Anonymous

Why would we wait for Lowes to fix it when they did not even call back when they said they would? What kind of a joke is lowes service?

View more comments (3)
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes in Clarksburg, West Virginia - Terrible terrible terrible! Shop somewhere else.

I purchased a washer and dryer set plus protection plan at a Lowes location in West Virgina in Feb 2017. It is now October 2018 and my deter went put in September and it was a fight to use the protection plan on the dryer now my washer is out and im fighting with them to honor the protection plan. Somehow an item ive paid full price for is now showing returned to store. Its been a run arpund at every turn. The exact definition of poor business practices!

Only been a year so you should be covered by manufacturer warranty. The extra warranty you get from Lowe's does not kick in until after the manufacturer's ends.

@Anon

It was 3 months past the date of purchase. It took over a month to schedule an appointment and find but he receipt because the store itself didnt do a receipt rebuild so I suffered as a customer. The problem was resolved however it took forever and it was a fling difficult process.

View more comments (1)
Not as described/ advertised

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111
North Wilkesboro, North Carolina 28656
United States
Phone:
(800) 445-6937
All Lowes Contacts

Lowes Reviews

Lowes reviews

Lowes Protection plan is organized fraud

I purchased all my appliances easton Lowes store May 29 2016 with 5 years protection plan. About a month ago my washer broken and I called Lowes service dep. and they sent a service technician he looked my washer and he sad your washer has big issue but do not worry you covered with protection plan. I received phone call couple days later from the lowes service dep. and they told me your machine needs to be replace. Couple days later Lowes called me and told me they can not locate my purchase and they sad, I returned my appliances which was the most ridicules thing that I ever heard because I still have them. anyway I gave them my lowes membership account print out where all my purchased recorded by Lowes. still they sad they can not locate my purchase. I have spent countless hour on the phone and writing email still no result. One of their representative called and sad he fixed the issue and gave me reference number and sad in couple days Lowes would called you to schedule a delivery but no one called me and I called Lowes and they sad whoever you talked made a mistake we can not confirm your purchase. I cal Lowes blame their local store local store says they called Lowes gave them all info still no result. It seems to me Lowes sells protection plan but it is fraud they do not provide any services. blaming their local store local store blames Lowes super service dep. No one takes responsibility. I have all the emails that Lowes sent me.

Must be some doozie of a washer to be worth $8,000. Yes, you have a frustrating situation and I agree their service in this situation is poor.

At this point, stop calling them. Send a complaint via overnight registered mail. Include your receipts and even pictures of the washer including one of the tag with model and serial numbers keeping copies of everything you send.

A paper trail will help prove your case if you end up taking them to court and they know it. You have no way of proving you have mad phone calls, what was said or who you talked to.

all extended warranties and protection plans are a fraud. Always have been.

@Anonymous

not if you keep your receipt. most customers come in without a receipt and expect lowes to find it for them. save your receipts, that’s why you have a receipt in the first place.

Lowes Protection Plan
Pros
  • Disaster