Product: Lowes Protection Plan Rating: 1 Star Clear all filters (8 of 23 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Product:
Rating:

Lowes in East Rutherford, New Jersey - Horrific warranty repairs

Second time in a period of two months called for service on 3 year old washing machine. Parts never on the truck. Wait another two weeks come with wrong part. Takes another two weeks this is first time. Current situation AGAIN come w/out part. Waiting two weeks again. Set up a date to come took off from work called to cancel at last minute. Still no service. Call this morning find out they lied to us. Part just ordered. No idea when they are coming. Running to laundromat while caring for 100 year old Mom! What a disgrace. Spreading the word to everyone I know about Lowe’s and their warranty. Never step foot in this store again!
FumblingShark

Boycott racist lowes

TalentedCarp

Are you just working with the technician? have you called their service line to make a complaint on them?

just curious. I know sometimes the parts need to be ordered.

sometimes the service line people can help. especially if you ask to speak with a supervisor.

Are you kidding? Do you really expect them to carry all the parts for all the appliances they service in their truck?

That idea just isn't realistic.

Some problems are easily solved but it isn't uncommon to have to order parts. Just a fact of life as trucks aren't big enough to haul a warehouse of parts in.

Lowes in Newtown, Connecticut - Total fraud

1.3
The sales guy told me I would be covered 24/7. I bought the plan on his word and could not read the agreement in the store. My refrigerator broke. Was on phone for almost 1 hour with bad English. They told me they would expedite and call back that day. No one called. I had a tech fix the next day that I payed for. I called to place a complaint and nobody contacted me back. Called again and Lowes said someone tried to contact me over 1 week later. Why so long? They had pre-written responses to my questions. They would not reimburse me for the repair parts or labor. Wasted about 3 hours total on the phone. What did I pay for? Very dishonest.

My bet is that if you were to take some time and read the service plan you purchased you would find out exactly what you paid for. They may have someone that answers the phone 24/7 but that doesn't mean you will get immediate service. You aren't going to be put at the front of the line for service calls, you will be scheduled when the next technician is available.

@Anonymous

The Lowes representative realized I was in need for a timely repair and told me they would expedite and call me back with an appointment in a few hours. Never happened.

A total scam. All the way to the responses.

@Anonymous

So rather than calling them back you called someone else? That doesn't make them responsible to pay the repair company you chose.

@Anonymous

Why would we wait for Lowes to fix it when they did not even call back when they said they would? What kind of a joke is lowes service?

View more comments (3)
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes in Clarksburg, West Virginia - Terrible terrible terrible! Shop somewhere else.

I purchased a washer and dryer set plus protection plan at a Lowes location in West Virgina in Feb 2017. It is now October 2018 and my deter went put in September and it was a fight to use the protection plan on the dryer now my washer is out and im fighting with them to honor the protection plan. Somehow an item ive paid full price for is now showing returned to store. Its been a run arpund at every turn. The exact definition of poor business practices!

Only been a year so you should be covered by manufacturer warranty. The extra warranty you get from Lowe's does not kick in until after the manufacturer's ends.

@Anon

It was 3 months past the date of purchase. It took over a month to schedule an appointment and find but he receipt because the store itself didnt do a receipt rebuild so I suffered as a customer. The problem was resolved however it took forever and it was a fling difficult process.

View more comments (1)
Not as described/ advertised

Lowes Protection plan is organized fraud

I purchased all my appliances easton Lowes store May 29 2016 with 5 years protection plan. About a month ago my washer broken and I called Lowes service dep. and they sent a service technician he looked my washer and he sad your washer has big issue but do not worry you covered with protection plan. I received phone call couple days later from the lowes service dep. and they told me your machine needs to be replace. Couple days later Lowes called me and told me they can not locate my purchase and they sad, I returned my appliances which was the most ridicules thing that I ever heard because I still have them. anyway I gave them my lowes membership account print out where all my purchased recorded by Lowes. still they sad they can not locate my purchase. I have spent countless hour on the phone and writing email still no result. One of their representative called and sad he fixed the issue and gave me reference number and sad in couple days Lowes would called you to schedule a delivery but no one called me and I called Lowes and they sad whoever you talked made a mistake we can not confirm your purchase. I cal Lowes blame their local store local store says they called Lowes gave them all info still no result. It seems to me Lowes sells protection plan but it is fraud they do not provide any services. blaming their local store local store blames Lowes super service dep. No one takes responsibility. I have all the emails that Lowes sent me.

Must be some doozie of a washer to be worth $8,000. Yes, you have a frustrating situation and I agree their service in this situation is poor.

At this point, stop calling them. Send a complaint via overnight registered mail. Include your receipts and even pictures of the washer including one of the tag with model and serial numbers keeping copies of everything you send.

A paper trail will help prove your case if you end up taking them to court and they know it. You have no way of proving you have mad phone calls, what was said or who you talked to.

all extended warranties and protection plans are a fraud. Always have been.

@Anonymous

not if you keep your receipt. most customers come in without a receipt and expect lowes to find it for them. save your receipts, that’s why you have a receipt in the first place.

Lowes Protection Plan
Pros
  • Disaster
Loss

Lowes - Lowe's is flaky when it comes to honoring protection plans

1.3
Less than a year ago, I purchased a riding lawn mower and spent HUNDREDS extra for a 4 year protection plan. Last week, the mower stops working, so I call for service. They tell me that the provider will come get the mower the next day, and they'll call for directions first. Next day, no one calls, no one comes. The next day was a Sunday, so on Monday I call again. I'm told the provider will call me that day or the next. Here it is the next day and still no call. At this point, I just want a refund or exchange. I have no faith in Lowe's and their "protection plan", and I certainly have no faith in this nameless " provider" who can't even be bothered to make a phone call. I will never purchase anything big enough to want a warranty at Lowe's again. I'd love to know who this "provider" is too, so I can make sure never to use them.
#1332054

You purchased a service plan from Lowes that is provided by an outside vendor. Just as the basic warranty on the mower was the responsibility of the manufacturer of the mower, the responsibility for the repair under the service plan is the responsibility of the plan provider. It seems to me that a logical person would be complaining about the plan provider and not the retail store where they purchased the plan.

@Anonymous

Lowe's sells the warranty and should stand behind a warranty they sell. Do not push the responsibility off on the provider, Lowe's should monitor their choice in companies/provider's they use.

When you walk into to Lowe's you shop there because you expect good service from them in whatever degree it is.

So after all the comments I reading about poor reviews on Lowe's warranty I will now be reading Home Depot's reviews. I use to prefer Lowe's but I have a open mind.

@Anonymous

Sorry but if you slap your name all over something you can’t turn around and claim you have nothing to do with it. Lowe’s sells the extended plan and they’re who you contact to schedule service through a third party.

A logical person would know Lowe’s is making money on this otherwise they wouldn’t bother with selling them to begin with. To claim Lowe’s has no skin in the game in disingenuous.

Warranty issue

Samsung Glass top Cracked on right side, Lowes extended warranty refuses to fix it.

1.4
Bought samsung glass top range in April 2014 along with Lowes extended warranty for 5 years. My glass top cracked on right side from front to back in August 2016 and I have fought with them ever since, they will not repair it . Apparently there are a lot of complaints on Consumer complaints when googled, 261 today up from 222 when I first called to have it fixed in August. The warranty plainly states that this is covered but they have said they don't cover cosmetic damage and even have said it looks to have spidered out from a strike point which I did not do. DO NOT BUY LOWES extended warranty because they will deny coverage for parts order put in by the technician that they sent and then the appliance company will call you the next day and say that Lowes refused to cover the part so parts and labor will be $599.00 to fix.

Same thing happened to me, my glass cooktop cracked out of nowhere one evening after cooking. No worries I thought because I have the Lowes 5yr extended warranty, Well I called they sent someone out, filed a claim and after not hearing anything for 2 weeks I called and they told me the claim was denied.

This appliance is less than 2 years old (Whirlpool not Samsung).

The glass part alone is $400 +, the stove was only $900. Not happy, I intend to follow up on this as much as I can.

I have same Samsung Glass cracked and two of lowes tech came out to my house and they both said same thing that it's thermal crack due to heat but Lowes is saying it's impact crack and they don't cover that, also black stainless steel refg and range surface pain is coming off due to bad paint job but they are saying it's cosmetic damage and we don't cover that. it's all B.S.

if they don't want to cover anything why are the selling warranty and taking people's hard earned money.

I would like to know if anyone had a lawsuit against this thief. I am advising everyone to stay away from Samsung and LOWES

I just wanted to respond that Lowes executive services refunded my range under EPP BUYOUT. I contacted BBB and brought a resolution within a couple weeks.

NEVER AGAIN will I argue and waste time for six months with a warranty dept.

who has no intentions of repairing their appliances nor will I buy an extended warranty from any store that does not have a service department. Don't give up, try other sources.

Take time to read your warranty and you will see, in print, that cosmetic issues are not covered. If the cooktop works a crack in the corner is just cosmetic.

You will also find that defects are covered, not damage. If the crack was caused by something being dropped on it you damaged stand should be responsible for it. Look at it this way, if you had a child start banging on the front of one of your appliances with a toy truck and dented the door and scratched up the paint would you expect your warranty to cover the damage caused by your child? Any one with a bit of common sense wouldn't.

As h.kitchener points out there is a lot of care involved with glass tops. They look great in the showroom but are a pain in the butt to maintain.

h.kitchener

Buying these "extended warranties" is almost always a total waste of money on your part. The only ones who make out is the seller(Lowe's) and the company providing the warranty service, which can be a separate company or the retailer itself(Lowe's).

As in your case, the set the rules and unless you want to take them to court, they get to say whether or not they will pay on a claim. The second thing is that these glass-topped ranges are a real pain to keep clean and have to be used very carefully or you can do some serious and costly damage if you drop a pan on it the wrong way, etc. We had one and after two years, we just bought a new electric old-style and basic range without any bells and whistles. We gave the 2 year old glass-topped range to a total stranger just to get rid of it.

It was in perfect condition but we were tired of the hassle of owning it. At this point, never shop at Lowe's again and stay away from any extended warranty nonsense.

View more comments (4)
Review
#1002047 Review #1002047 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes in Santee, California - If you cant fix it its not a lemon?

After spending over $9,000 on a new kitchen appliance package I am sad to report that the Lowes extended service plan is absolutely ridiculous. Buy your appliances and get an extended service plan at a store where they are actually going to FIX things and honor a replacement policy. 11 weeks ago our dishwasher started stopping mid cycle and an error code appeared. It could not be used. This is a "nice" dishwasher, allegedly. We called for service under our extended warranty. A week later comes the first guy and 11 weeks and 7 service visits later here we are. Not fixed, not replaced. Whats the problem you ask? Lowes requires that your appliance be repaired three time and that the repair fail three times before they will declare it a lemon. How can anything be declared a lemon if it can not be fixed even once? The warranty company cant figure out whats leaking and have guessed at what parts to order. Parts have arrived used, with hard water stains on them in the same location where the tech believes our dishwasher is leaking. The mysterious leak has shorted out other parts. Still no one can see where its leaking from even after my husband and I took turns laying on the floor during the cycle with a flash light taking pictures of anything that looked remotely wet. The service company keeps tickets open returning to the house more than once on the same call so in Lowes warranty system 7 trips to my house appears to be only 3. Seven half days off work, Seven tech appointments each at least an hour. Five parts ordered to the house. What does that cost? How much is a new Dishwasher? Ill be going to another store tomorrow to buy something new. I cant take the run around anymore. Then Ill spend 77 days on social media telling everyone who will listen about Lowes, their "extended service plan" and *** customer service. Thats one day for every day Ive been waiting for my dishwasher to be fixed. Small claims court here we come............. Enough is enough!

Mine broke 3 weeks ago.guy showed up said it was control board still waiting on a part I could order online and have delivery tomorrow What a rip-off Good news is a new Home Depot is being built close by

Lowes Protection Plan
Cons
  • Dont buy appliances here
Full refund

Lowes - KITCHEN AID CONVECTION 36" COOK TOP MODEL # KICU569XBL

MY EXPERIENCE WITH LOWES APPLIANCE WARRANTY HAS BEEN HORRIBLE. THEY HAVE WORKED ON THE UNIT 5 TIMES (4 TIMES DURING DEC. 2016) AND STILL NOT WORKING. RE-SCHEDULED FOR 12/30/16 TO TRY MORE PARTS. STILL MISSING 2 JUMPER WIRES TO PROGRAM THE MODULE. TECH HAS MADE TEMP. JUMPER WIRES TO TEST THE UNIT BUT STILL DOES NOT WORK. JUMPER WIRES ARE SUPPOSED TO BE SHIPPED WITH MODULE BUT HAVE NOT BEEN AND THERE IS NO SEPARATE PART LISTED FOR THE NEEDED WIRES. THEY WILL NOT REPLACE UNIT. REPLACEMENT COST IS $1709.00 TO THIS DATE AND MORE PARTS ARE ORDERED. TOTAL AMOUNT SENT THROUGH WARRANTY (PARTS & LABOR) IS $2340.18. THE SERVICE PROVIDED FOR LOWES IS A&E AND THEY HAVE BEEN VERY PROFESSIONAL BUT I CAN NOT SAY THE SAME FOR LOWES WARRANTY SERVICE.

Good grief, OP, why must you shout in all caps?

Why are you complaining about Lowes and not Kitchen Aid? You do realize that Lowes didn't build the cooktop and ship it short parts.

The warranty coverage is provided through Whirlpool (They make Kitchen Aid). Seems like you should be complaining about Whirlpool and Kitchen Aid rather than Lowes.

xboxluver
@Anonymous

They're complaining to Lowe's because they bought the EXTENDED warranty plan through Lowe's and all repairs under it have to be scheduled through Lowe's after the manufacturer's warranty has expired.

@xboxluver

WRONG! read the warranty.

Lowe's does NOT warranty the product, the manufacturer does. Any warranty after the manufacturers warranty expires is sold through Lowe's but is actually provided by a third party.

View more comments (3)
Lowes Protection Plan
Cons
  • Warranty service
Full refund
Tags
  • Warranty Worthless

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111