Product: Lowes Protection Plan Rating: 3 Stars Clear all filters (4 of 23 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Product:
Rating:
2.8

Update by user Jun 11

Original review posted by user Jun 10

Basically the representatives didn't make an effort to keep me a satisfied customer. I was transferred multiple times and waited so long, only to be transferred again and again. This issue has waisted my time along with the nice independent service guys who have all...
Lowes Protection Plan
Cons
  • Service protection plan
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund
Tags
  • Customer Satisfaction Guarantee

3.1
Pissed off...Lowes protection plans are a scam
I am have similar issues with Lowes about my 11 year epp protection plan. I bought the Bosch tankless water heater in May 2009. We all know that this is not cheap. Last week the thing leaked water out of the heat exchanger and some how managed to get into the electronics. I called to get the situation resolved but it seems that they can’t locate the receipt. I sent the pic of the receipt to the claims dept. to prove I purchased the extended protection plan with the unit. Then they came back and said there was no service provider and no contracts were issued. They are *** me off to the point that I will have to get in contact with the attorney general here in Texas. Lowes warranties are a scam. I went ahead and purchased another water heater from Lowes with the protection plan again. I am thinking twice about taking my receipt back and getting a refund. Then, purchase home warranty before the unit goes out.

Which is why I steer clear of big box stores, extended warranties, and most of all home warranty’s .

#1671969

Tankless water heaters are pieces of trash too many electronics! If you don’t rescale them every 6 months, the calcium, lime and other minerals from the water will corrode it, since there is no collection tank or sacrificial anode.

Instant hot water turns into instant cold water. Extended warranties are total rip offs, same as home warranties. But, everyone wants their toys.

What’s wrong with a standard, cheap water heater? Not good enough for you?

@Anonymous

The older tankless hot water heaters have no electronics. We purchased one from a supplier, whose name I have forgotten, in 1983,in New England.

It worked very well and lasted about 15 years. They replaced it with an upgraded model (no electronics) at a reduced price.

This model lasted another 10 years until we sold the house. I do not know long it worked after we sold out.

@Anonymous

I should let you know that my water heater is located in the attic in a single story home. You have to crawl over duct work and only have a 4 foot of limited height and width to move water heater through until it opens up to a larger area.

It’s very hard to do all that if your the only one doing it. On top of that a family of 6 uses a lot of hot water.

Most people would have learned their lesson the first time. Why on earth would you buy another extended service plan when you know good and well it isn't with anything?

you can sue Lowe's all you want, but they have nothing to do with any protection plan other than selling them.

Asurion possibly

View more comments (6)

Lowes in Zanesville, Ohio - Lowe’s Extended warranty

2.9
Purchased a refrigerator with a 3 year so called extended warranty come to find out this extended warranty starts the day of purchase so in all actuality it’s only a 2 year extended warranty Lowe’s supplies no documentation on the extended warranty program to explain how it actually works (fraud)

If you read the terms, it starts from day one because it is not just an extended warranty, it provides you with additional coverage and benefits that the manufacturer doesn’t provide. Such as, power surge coverage, food loss, rental reimbursement, and 50% rebate on maintenance products purchase for the refrigerator(this includes cleaning products and water filters).

Not fraud at all. In fact if you replace the water filter every 6 months at $50 a pop, you get $25 back, over three years that benefit alone pay for the warranty itself.

Go to Lowes.com and look up appliance warranty. It is pretty clear that the one year manufacturers warranty is part to the total term of your warranty.

It also tells you that the contract is sent to you via e-mail if you provide a proper e-mail address.

There is also a phone number you can call to have a printed version sent to you. Sounds like you are just another consumer who doesn't look at the details of a product before they make the purchase.

View more comments (1)

Lowes - Six months and still waiting

3.0
On May 2, 2016 we purchased a refrigerator at Lowes and a three year protection plan since our experience with products these days is that they are poorly constructed. In less than one year, we had problems. All of our food items were freezing up, dairy, vegetables etc. The repairman came out and determined it was the seal, so he fidgeted with it and it worked fine for a few days and then items began to freeze again. Once more we called him back and then it was determined the thermostat had failed, so he placed an order and then returned a week later to replace that item. So for most of April we had a giant freezer instead of refrigerator. As vegetarians we eat plenty of vegetables and it was impossible to keep them fresh. I sent a claim in for the damaged /lost food items and have been waiting for 6 months. Every time I call ,I sit on hold for a minimum of 20 minutes I get assurances that someone will contact me.... hasn't happened yet.. I'm on hold as I write this, in fact, this last gal said she would get her supervisor and then poof I'm disconnected... you think she'd call back. NOPE! This is a huge SCAM!!!

When they answer their phone they answer Lowe's warranty center.so it is Lowes

*** the warranty company is a joke also!!!

Why aren't you directing your complaint towards the warranty company? It's not Lowes you are calling, it's their warranty company. Complain about them.

what does lowe's have to do with a faulty refrigerator? They didn't make it and the warranty doesn't have anything to do with them. They don't owe you anything and that's why you are being ignored.

@Anonymous

its called the lowes extended warranty

View more comments (4)
Lowes Protection Plan
Cons
  • Poor service
  • Total lack of service and cooperation
Loss
Preferred solution
just send me my claim
Tags
  • deceptive

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111