Product: Lowes Protection Plan Clear all filters (23 of 23 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes - Extended Purchase Plan for Mower

I purchased an Extended Purchase Plan with my self-propelled mower in April 2016. The handle has broken twice. The first time Lowes said the barcode was not on the outside of the mower. We had the receipt and the store took it and said no problem. We found out about the barcode later. Store managers pretty much told us we were somehow trying to 'cheat' them. After a couple of months, it got taken care of. The handle has broken again, and they say it is not covered by the EPP. The service company says it is, lowes reps refuse to cover it. We are going back and forth. I am not sure that the customer service reps understand that you have to engage/pull on the handle to engage the blade. They are saying we have damaged the handle on purpose! They will not provide the EPP number to the contracted service company. We have been working on this for about a month now. I have spoken to customer service about four times and the service company about three times. Just got another call! Do yourself a favor and shop at Home Dept. I have excellent experiences with them!
Not as described/ advertised

Lowes Protection plan is organized fraud

I purchased all my appliances easton Lowes store May 29 2016 with 5 years protection plan. About a month ago my washer broken and I called Lowes service dep. and they sent a service technician he looked my washer and he sad your washer has big issue but do not worry you covered with protection plan. I received phone call couple days later from the lowes service dep. and they told me your machine needs to be replace. Couple days later Lowes called me and told me they can not locate my purchase and they sad, I returned my appliances which was the most ridicules thing that I ever heard because I still have them. anyway I gave them my lowes membership account print out where all my purchased recorded by Lowes. still they sad they can not locate my purchase. I have spent countless hour on the phone and writing email still no result. One of their representative called and sad he fixed the issue and gave me reference number and sad in couple days Lowes would called you to schedule a delivery but no one called me and I called Lowes and they sad whoever you talked made a mistake we can not confirm your purchase. I cal Lowes blame their local store local store says they called Lowes gave them all info still no result. It seems to me Lowes sells protection plan but it is fraud they do not provide any services. blaming their local store local store blames Lowes super service dep. No one takes responsibility. I have all the emails that Lowes sent me.

Must be some doozie of a washer to be worth $8,000. Yes, you have a frustrating situation and I agree their service in this situation is poor.

At this point, stop calling them. Send a complaint via overnight registered mail. Include your receipts and even pictures of the washer including one of the tag with model and serial numbers keeping copies of everything you send.

A paper trail will help prove your case if you end up taking them to court and they know it. You have no way of proving you have mad phone calls, what was said or who you talked to.

all extended warranties and protection plans are a fraud. Always have been.

@Anonymous

not if you keep your receipt. most customers come in without a receipt and expect lowes to find it for them. save your receipts, that’s why you have a receipt in the first place.

Lowes Protection Plan
Pros
  • Disaster

Lowes in Lakeland, Florida - Washer Dryer purchase

2.2
We purchase a Samsung washer and dryer from Lowes in Lakeland, Florida. We also purchased a five year warranty on each item. The washer begin acting quirky after a year, then dryer went out completely several months later. The tech came out 12/01/17 to service dryer unit. I assume the necessary parts was ordered. It is now 12/27/17 and the dryer is still broken. Telephone Lowes warranty service three times with the latest call on 12/27/17. Lowes state that there is nothing they can do to resolve issue. We have been going to laundry mat and have spent approximately $80.00 dollars in coin. The warranty purchase was a waste of money. We are disappointed and no longer have faith in Lowes ability to provide service after the purchase. Dana

You don't say what the issue is. Is the part backordered from the manufacturer?

If so, what do you expect them to do? They don't make the parts and need to wait till the manufacturer has them back in stock.

Lowes - Six months and still waiting

3.0
On May 2, 2016 we purchased a refrigerator at Lowes and a three year protection plan since our experience with products these days is that they are poorly constructed. In less than one year, we had problems. All of our food items were freezing up, dairy, vegetables etc. The repairman came out and determined it was the seal, so he fidgeted with it and it worked fine for a few days and then items began to freeze again. Once more we called him back and then it was determined the thermostat had failed, so he placed an order and then returned a week later to replace that item. So for most of April we had a giant freezer instead of refrigerator. As vegetarians we eat plenty of vegetables and it was impossible to keep them fresh. I sent a claim in for the damaged /lost food items and have been waiting for 6 months. Every time I call ,I sit on hold for a minimum of 20 minutes I get assurances that someone will contact me.... hasn't happened yet.. I'm on hold as I write this, in fact, this last gal said she would get her supervisor and then poof I'm disconnected... you think she'd call back. NOPE! This is a huge SCAM!!!

When they answer their phone they answer Lowe's warranty center.so it is Lowes

*** the warranty company is a joke also!!!

Why aren't you directing your complaint towards the warranty company? It's not Lowes you are calling, it's their warranty company. Complain about them.

what does lowe's have to do with a faulty refrigerator? They didn't make it and the warranty doesn't have anything to do with them. They don't owe you anything and that's why you are being ignored.

@Anonymous

its called the lowes extended warranty

View more comments (4)
Lowes Protection Plan
Cons
  • Total lack of service and cooperation
  • Poor service
just send me my claim
Tags
  • deceptive

Lowes - 6 Weeks and counting

I purchased a LOWE'S PROTECTION PLAN and am still trying to have it honored. My purchased item needed repair. I called the number given to me to schedule repair on7/30/17. Finally, I was connected to the local store manager who informed me that they would pick up the unit on Sept 12,2017. They did pick it up. I called to let them know that we were leaving for a 14 day trip and wanted to know what was happening to the unit. I was then told that they were going to call be because they did not know why they had picked it up? They then said it would go to repair the next day 8/14/17. It is now 9/11/17 with no word on what has happen to my $800 unit with a $100 protection plan. When I called today they said they would find out and call me soon. I waited 3+ hours with no call back. I called again to be told that they had called the repair station but no call had been returned by the repair station. But they would call again and let me know SOON. SO, is their service seems to be lacking, and they must not know how to use a phone!

What kind of item are you talking about?

Hope I have better experience if needed since I just bought the plan

View more comments (1)
Bad quality

Lowes in Troutman, North Carolina - Worst Customer Service, Do NOT stand behind their warranty

I purchased a Samsung refrigerator and 3 year service plan. The fridge quit working and repair was made. Within 30 days fridge broke again. I called for service and was told they dont service Samsung products! I need to call Samsung. WHAT, I purchased at Lowes and with their warranty. I hung up and called again, this time I got scheduled for service, but 6 days later. After waiting all that time without a fridge the day of my service I took off work and waited and the repair person did not show up in the allotted 4 hour time frame I was given. I called Lowes customer service to see what happened and my options. I was treated very poorly and got no where further on getting a repair. I still have an unusable fridge and maybe a repair person coming. I dont know and they dont know. Also it gets worse since the claims are within 30 days its all one issue not two separate so no end in sight. If it was two separate the third incident I could look at lemon law. So between the two incidents for the last 30 days I have had a working fridge for about half the time.
CriticalShrimp661

It seems that Lowes makes it as difficult as possible to claim the benefit you pay for with the extended warranty. Their customer service numbers are a joke with people who do not listen to what you tell them but simply repeat the same pre-written answer over and over again.

I too have a Samsung refrigerator and bought the five year Lowes protection plan. I've had the refrigerator less than 3 years and have had to have it serviced at least 10 time so far and the customer service representative being smart said I will more than likely be making more calls within the next 2 years.

Retail stores do not warranty products. The manufacturer does.

If the problem was within the 1st year Samsung is responsible for the warranty, not Lowes.

If you purchased a service plan beyond the 1 year warranty it again is provided by an outside company that would be responsible for the repairs. Don't complain about the retail store, complain about the company responsible for the repairs.

@Anonymous

The service contract was sold by Lowe's and you are directed by the plan papers to call the given number. I did and they connected me to the local store manager.

He set up a service date. Thus my only organization I had contact with was the local store.

I feel that they then are the ones that must make good on the protection plan I was sold when I purchase the unit just as the person in this complaint! Lowe's took my money for the plan and thus responsible for living up the terms of the plan!

View more comments (3)
Lowes Protection Plan
Cons
  • Horrid
Full refund

Lowes - Lowe's is flaky when it comes to honoring protection plans

1.3
Less than a year ago, I purchased a riding lawn mower and spent HUNDREDS extra for a 4 year protection plan. Last week, the mower stops working, so I call for service. They tell me that the provider will come get the mower the next day, and they'll call for directions first. Next day, no one calls, no one comes. The next day was a Sunday, so on Monday I call again. I'm told the provider will call me that day or the next. Here it is the next day and still no call. At this point, I just want a refund or exchange. I have no faith in Lowe's and their "protection plan", and I certainly have no faith in this nameless " provider" who can't even be bothered to make a phone call. I will never purchase anything big enough to want a warranty at Lowe's again. I'd love to know who this "provider" is too, so I can make sure never to use them.
#1332054

You purchased a service plan from Lowes that is provided by an outside vendor. Just as the basic warranty on the mower was the responsibility of the manufacturer of the mower, the responsibility for the repair under the service plan is the responsibility of the plan provider. It seems to me that a logical person would be complaining about the plan provider and not the retail store where they purchased the plan.

@Anonymous

Lowe's sells the warranty and should stand behind a warranty they sell. Do not push the responsibility off on the provider, Lowe's should monitor their choice in companies/provider's they use.

When you walk into to Lowe's you shop there because you expect good service from them in whatever degree it is.

So after all the comments I reading about poor reviews on Lowe's warranty I will now be reading Home Depot's reviews. I use to prefer Lowe's but I have a open mind.

@Anonymous

Sorry but if you slap your name all over something you can’t turn around and claim you have nothing to do with it. Lowe’s sells the extended plan and they’re who you contact to schedule service through a third party.

A logical person would know Lowe’s is making money on this otherwise they wouldn’t bother with selling them to begin with. To claim Lowe’s has no skin in the game in disingenuous.

Lowes - Lowe's doesn't honor protection plans

Purchased a lawnmower less than a year ago, and got the 4 year protection plan. Last week, my mower's brakes stop working. So we call Lowe's, and they say someone will be out to get it the next day, a Saturday. No one comes. Monday we call again. They tell us the "provider" will call that day or today. Still no call. Going to call Lowe's again later and see if can just exchange the mower. My yard is turning into a jungle while they and their "provider" sit on their thumbs. Won't buy big ticket items at Lowe's ever again.

Welcome to the club!!

Exactly the same thing happened to me with a lawnmower

Don't call the store. Call the number listed here https://www.lowes.com/l/outdoor-power-equipment-lowes-protection-plan.html

h.kitchener

Probably something you can fix---an adjustment or something came loose. Now you know why it is almost always a waste of money to buy these protection plans.

See if you---or someone you know who is good at these things---can fix it and then put a sign on it out front and sell it.

Then, find a local John Deere dealer in your area---an acutal dealer, not a big box store that happens to sell John Deere mowers---and buy a machine that will last and if you do have a problem, the dealer will pick it up and fix it. You failed to mention the brand.

Poor customer service

Lowes - Lowe's Extended Warranty is a ripoff!

I purchased the Lowe's extended warranty for my fridge, dishwasher, and microwave back in 2012. At the time, LOWE'S serviced their own extended warranty work. They have since contracted with A&E to do the work. My dishwasher wasn't draining, so I called for service. The customer service rep. made an appointment for me the next day, but the technician never showed up. I called, and they said the appointment was in their system for 2 1/2 WEEKS later! That's NOT what I was told! I never received an email confirmation from them, and even called them the morning of the appointment to ask them to CALL ME when they were on their way! *** I rescheduled the appointment for the following day. The Tech never called me to let me know they were on their way to my house, as I only work a few minutes away. So I missed them and my dishwasher is STILL broken. Their customer service is just horrible. I feel like I've been screwed over, as Lowe's gave me the old "bait and switch" by selling the warranty contracts and not notifying their customers. I'm definitely not getting what I paid for! Don't buy a Lowe's extended warranty! It's a waste of money and time!
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Samsung Glass top Cracked on right side, Lowes extended warranty refuses to fix it.

1.4
Bought samsung glass top range in April 2014 along with Lowes extended warranty for 5 years. My glass top cracked on right side from front to back in August 2016 and I have fought with them ever since, they will not repair it . Apparently there are a lot of complaints on Consumer complaints when googled, 261 today up from 222 when I first called to have it fixed in August. The warranty plainly states that this is covered but they have said they don't cover cosmetic damage and even have said it looks to have spidered out from a strike point which I did not do. DO NOT BUY LOWES extended warranty because they will deny coverage for parts order put in by the technician that they sent and then the appliance company will call you the next day and say that Lowes refused to cover the part so parts and labor will be $599.00 to fix.

Same thing happened to me, my glass cooktop cracked out of nowhere one evening after cooking. No worries I thought because I have the Lowes 5yr extended warranty, Well I called they sent someone out, filed a claim and after not hearing anything for 2 weeks I called and they told me the claim was denied.

This appliance is less than 2 years old (Whirlpool not Samsung).

The glass part alone is $400 +, the stove was only $900. Not happy, I intend to follow up on this as much as I can.

I have same Samsung Glass cracked and two of lowes tech came out to my house and they both said same thing that it's thermal crack due to heat but Lowes is saying it's impact crack and they don't cover that, also black stainless steel refg and range surface pain is coming off due to bad paint job but they are saying it's cosmetic damage and we don't cover that. it's all B.S.

if they don't want to cover anything why are the selling warranty and taking people's hard earned money.

I would like to know if anyone had a lawsuit against this thief. I am advising everyone to stay away from Samsung and LOWES

I just wanted to respond that Lowes executive services refunded my range under EPP BUYOUT. I contacted BBB and brought a resolution within a couple weeks.

NEVER AGAIN will I argue and waste time for six months with a warranty dept.

who has no intentions of repairing their appliances nor will I buy an extended warranty from any store that does not have a service department. Don't give up, try other sources.

Take time to read your warranty and you will see, in print, that cosmetic issues are not covered. If the cooktop works a crack in the corner is just cosmetic.

You will also find that defects are covered, not damage. If the crack was caused by something being dropped on it you damaged stand should be responsible for it. Look at it this way, if you had a child start banging on the front of one of your appliances with a toy truck and dented the door and scratched up the paint would you expect your warranty to cover the damage caused by your child? Any one with a bit of common sense wouldn't.

As h.kitchener points out there is a lot of care involved with glass tops. They look great in the showroom but are a pain in the butt to maintain.

h.kitchener

Buying these "extended warranties" is almost always a total waste of money on your part. The only ones who make out is the seller(Lowe's) and the company providing the warranty service, which can be a separate company or the retailer itself(Lowe's).

As in your case, the set the rules and unless you want to take them to court, they get to say whether or not they will pay on a claim. The second thing is that these glass-topped ranges are a real pain to keep clean and have to be used very carefully or you can do some serious and costly damage if you drop a pan on it the wrong way, etc. We had one and after two years, we just bought a new electric old-style and basic range without any bells and whistles. We gave the 2 year old glass-topped range to a total stranger just to get rid of it.

It was in perfect condition but we were tired of the hassle of owning it. At this point, never shop at Lowe's again and stay away from any extended warranty nonsense.

View more comments (4)
Review
#1002047 Review #1002047 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution