Product: Lowes Protection Plan Clear all filters (23 of 23 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Santee, California - If you cant fix it its not a lemon?

After spending over $9,000 on a new kitchen appliance package I am sad to report that the Lowes extended service plan is absolutely ridiculous. Buy your appliances and get an extended service plan at a store where they are actually going to FIX things and honor a replacement policy. 11 weeks ago our dishwasher started stopping mid cycle and an error code appeared. It could not be used. This is a "nice" dishwasher, allegedly. We called for service under our extended warranty. A week later comes the first guy and 11 weeks and 7 service visits later here we are. Not fixed, not replaced. Whats the problem you ask? Lowes requires that your appliance be repaired three time and that the repair fail three times before they will declare it a lemon. How can anything be declared a lemon if it can not be fixed even once? The warranty company cant figure out whats leaking and have guessed at what parts to order. Parts have arrived used, with hard water stains on them in the same location where the tech believes our dishwasher is leaking. The mysterious leak has shorted out other parts. Still no one can see where its leaking from even after my husband and I took turns laying on the floor during the cycle with a flash light taking pictures of anything that looked remotely wet. The service company keeps tickets open returning to the house more than once on the same call so in Lowes warranty system 7 trips to my house appears to be only 3. Seven half days off work, Seven tech appointments each at least an hour. Five parts ordered to the house. What does that cost? How much is a new Dishwasher? Ill be going to another store tomorrow to buy something new. I cant take the run around anymore. Then Ill spend 77 days on social media telling everyone who will listen about Lowes, their "extended service plan" and *** customer service. Thats one day for every day Ive been waiting for my dishwasher to be fixed. Small claims court here we come............. Enough is enough!

Mine broke 3 weeks ago.guy showed up said it was control board still waiting on a part I could order online and have delivery tomorrow What a rip-off Good news is a new Home Depot is being built close by

Lowes Protection Plan
Cons
  • Dont buy appliances here

Lowes - KITCHEN AID CONVECTION 36" COOK TOP MODEL # KICU569XBL

MY EXPERIENCE WITH LOWES APPLIANCE WARRANTY HAS BEEN HORRIBLE. THEY HAVE WORKED ON THE UNIT 5 TIMES (4 TIMES DURING DEC. 2016) AND STILL NOT WORKING. RE-SCHEDULED FOR 12/30/16 TO TRY MORE PARTS. STILL MISSING 2 JUMPER WIRES TO PROGRAM THE MODULE. TECH HAS MADE TEMP. JUMPER WIRES TO TEST THE UNIT BUT STILL DOES NOT WORK. JUMPER WIRES ARE SUPPOSED TO BE SHIPPED WITH MODULE BUT HAVE NOT BEEN AND THERE IS NO SEPARATE PART LISTED FOR THE NEEDED WIRES. THEY WILL NOT REPLACE UNIT. REPLACEMENT COST IS $1709.00 TO THIS DATE AND MORE PARTS ARE ORDERED. TOTAL AMOUNT SENT THROUGH WARRANTY (PARTS & LABOR) IS $2340.18. THE SERVICE PROVIDED FOR LOWES IS A&E AND THEY HAVE BEEN VERY PROFESSIONAL BUT I CAN NOT SAY THE SAME FOR LOWES WARRANTY SERVICE.

Good grief, OP, why must you shout in all caps?

Why are you complaining about Lowes and not Kitchen Aid? You do realize that Lowes didn't build the cooktop and ship it short parts.

The warranty coverage is provided through Whirlpool (They make Kitchen Aid). Seems like you should be complaining about Whirlpool and Kitchen Aid rather than Lowes.

xboxluver
@Anonymous

They're complaining to Lowe's because they bought the EXTENDED warranty plan through Lowe's and all repairs under it have to be scheduled through Lowe's after the manufacturer's warranty has expired.

@xboxluver

WRONG! read the warranty.

Lowe's does NOT warranty the product, the manufacturer does. Any warranty after the manufacturers warranty expires is sold through Lowe's but is actually provided by a third party.

View more comments (3)
Lowes Protection Plan
Cons
  • Warranty service
Tags
  • Warranty Worthless

Lowes - DONT PURCHASE A BUNDLE WARRANTY

purchased a bundle warranty plan for a Samsung washer and Samsung dryer FROM LOWES STORE. Unfortunately, a year later, the particular Samsung washer purchased was recalled and so, I went back to Lowes to purchase another washer however, the bundle warranty could not be transferred to the new washer as the warranty purchased covered the two appliances at the time. Lowes offered $25 gift certificate for the inconvenience,which was a rip off since it was NOT even half of the amount for the bundle warranty plan. MORALE OF THIS STORY? DO NOT BUY EXTENDED WARRANTY AND IF YOU DO PURCHASE AN EXTENDED WARRANTY, MAKE SURE ITS NOT A BUNDLE FROM LOWES STORE. RIP OFF !

This is untrue.... they can transfer the remainder of the warranty from the first washer to the new washer...

How do I know this. Because back in November 2016 when I first learned of the recall, I went back to the Lowes store where I purchased it in Danville and after several days of them "doing research regarding the recall" they allowed me to choose a different washer. So I picked out a different Samsung and the swap was complete... I was told that my extended warranty was transferred over but to hold on to my original receipts showing where I had paid for it originally.

I am sure glad I did...

Fast forward a few months when I realized that yes, they gave me a new washer to replace the original recalled one (that was less than a year old).... THEY REPLACED MY RECALLED WASHER WITH A 2ND RECALLED WASHER!!!

I was not a happy camper the first time I went through this, a second time was ridiculous. Now on the store level they claimed that there was a 2nd wave of recalls and it wasn't their fault I got a 2nd recalled washer....

Now I am not saying that they are not telling the truth, but I cannot find any record anywhere of a secondary recall that added more models to the recall after the replacement washer was delivered.

OK so I get to the store after waiting for them to pick up the 2nd recalled washer in order to get a full refund, well they were happy to refund the price of the washer, but the cash register locked them out and would not allow them to refund the cost of the extended warranty and it instructed them to call the warranty department. Which they did. After a very lengthy hold time the clerk was told that they had to validate my warranty (what does this mean? I had the receipt) and in about 5 days someone would be calling me to confirm my information and then they would send me a check.

I feel as though they have got to hold on to my money all this time. I should have been issued a refund on the spot.

Finally today I got an email that rather than refunding 100% of the $109 I spent, they are only sending me a check for $84.32. I had a 5 year warranty and both of the machines would have been covered by the manufacturer during the first year.

I had one for approximately 10 months and they other for about 2. No claims had been made during that time... I am getting ready to call them here in a bit. I have wasted so much time on this.

I am so glad I bought my newest washer at Menards (during their 11% rebate sale) and from now on, I will never buy another extended warranty at point of purchase again.

I am going to try http://www.allsixwarranty.com/. They will cover all six of your major appliances for $19.95 monthly.

I was just told the same thing. Why can't the just swap serial #'s?

I'd be good with just the 4 years remaining on my new washer.

View more comments (1)