Product: Lowes Rebate Clear all filters (82 of 82 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes - Rebate Program SUCKS!!

I'm a 30 year customer at Lowe's. Sent in a couple of the new rebates at the encouragement of the sales associate. No rebate came, just an ambiguous letter that my rebate 'did not qualify' and to re-submit it. They had all my paperwork!! Stupid. I am switching to Menard's where the rebate procedure is SO much simpler. And they actually give you the rebate, not the run-around... BTW the rebate was on anything purchased that day,. How could it not qualify??? I probably buy over $1000 from Lowe's in a year. Maybe small change to them, but a lot to me. Lowe's new rebate program is in response to Menard's 11% rebate program, I'm sure. Lowe's b;ew that one big time. Some lawyer should start a class action. Ridiculous.

After years of shopping at lowes I have have made my last purchase, the rebate is a scam. I will not support this company they are not honorable.

Same here, I was told when I purchased an LG Laundry suite and 2 pedastals I would receive a $300 gift card. I applied for my gift card online as advised and about 6 weeks later I got a piece of paper in the mail (that looked like it had been chewed on) stating my submission did not qualify and to resubmit my receipt by mail.

I did the resubmit only to see online the rabate status "does not qualify".I am not jumping through hoops for their rebate but I hope someone who cares sees this because I will NOT be purchasing my appliances from Lowes next year when I do my kitchen remodel. That $300 rebate that that "did not qualify" just cost them much more!

This is a scam, they try not to pay you. 'Your receipt is not clear'. The receipt is printed by Lowes and I sent the original!

I had problem with the paint $10 per gallon rebate. I had bought 7 gallons all exactly the same kind and brand.

Was due to get $70.00 rebate. Only received $50.

I have been going round and round with them. Not shopping at Lowes any longer

Same problem my rebate not qualify

Same problem so disappointed

Same experience, 100%. Very frustrated.

This all goes to show there can be problems with any rebate. Menards site is full of complaints about rebates.

There are a lot of places an error can occur. The submitter may make an error, the post office handles it on 2 ends of the process and the rebate center handles it s well.

With millions of rebates being submitted even a .0001% rate of the rebate not getting through will result in a few complaints. Just a fact of life, nothing is perfect.

View more comments (7)
Bad quality

Lowes - Receiving a rebtate that never comes

1.8
after many calls to the rebate center and tracking down receipts to the various stores from which the applianc after many hours of sending lowes copys of receipts and hours spent on the phone i still have not received my rebate for appliances purchased over the internet on black fri in 2017. i will never again purchase anything from lowes on their web site as it was and is a nightmare.they charged me for two refrigerators.which took months to get removed from my bill.I'm sure that the last person I spoke with will not help me either, so I will will just have to give it up,as dealing with lowes is a losing cause.

6//4/2018 Lowe's' is clearly heading into a new I don't care about the customer attitude. Calling Corporate Customer Care is useless lip service to no service approach.

At this time our Samsung front loader washer is protected under their 5 yr extended warranty. Did I say protected in a few more days it will be 1 month in a broken unable to use state.

The only customer justice is to inform the public and cease to give Lowe's any new business online or in there stores.Good luck with your Lowe's problems as they are all similar in nature. No Customer Service !

“Receipts”(meaning plural)... In order for a rebate to become eligible, All items must be on the same receipt.

View more comments (1)
Review
#1219263 Review #1219263 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Problems with payment

Lowes - False Rebate Advertising

I purchased six appliances during a Black Friday promotion with the promise of a $500 rebate. First my rebate was denied, then after hours on the phone it was approved.. Months later I received only $300 of the $500 I thought I was getting. Again hours on the phone to sort it out and another two week wait / only to find out they need more information to process my rebate... I legitimately did everything I was asked to do for the rebate and I keep getting shoved off. I’m convinced they are doing it on purpose to make me quit trying. Four months later I’m still trying to get the remaining $200 rebate that I was promised.
NumbMacaw397

Lowes advertised a washer on sale and included rebate as advertised sale price. My elderly mother purchased the pos she went to claim the advertised rebate only to be informed the product in question never qualified for any type of rebate

Review
#1208551 Review #1208551 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Problems with payment

Lowes in Oaks, Pennsylvania - Rebate Gift Card Scam

3.2
We purchased a Samsung kitchen appliance suite back in June of 2017. There was a $300 rebate offer, which we qualified for. After two months of waiting for the rebate, we called them multiple times and were told it was being processed. We checked on line and it says it was being processed. We even had the Lowe's store manager call them and couldn't get an answer. We just received the rebate gift card in the mail today, six months later, and the card had already expired in January. Called the support call center and they say they can't do anything. They even said that they had no records of us calling. What kind of company does something like this? Sounds like a big scam. Person at the call center was not helpful at all and told us that we let the card expire.

They did the same thing to us. Once we got a physical card it was bogus! I will never buy another product from them again.

I found the first response extremely insightful. I believe his (what I imagine to be a he) use of Screw various, and creative.

They screwed me also one year later I’m out $150 return the stuff don’t believe you will get it they screwed me till it was past the 90 day point of return. They are going to loose a lot of business not only you got screwed

View more comments (2)
Review
#1200798 Review #1200798 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Rebate
Cons
  • Rebate card arrived and was expired
Rebate is a scam
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • rebate rip off
  • Rebate Failure
  • Rebate Program

Lowes - Bad rule for rebate

I recently purchased a water heater and install from Lowe’s. Based on a suggestion, by the installer, I pre-purchased the water heater at a different Lowe’s store since the water heater was not available at the Lowe’s closest to my house. Since the water heater and install are on different receipts, I do not qualify for the rebate. This is a bad rule and poor customer service. P.S. this web page is also defective since it requires at least 100 word. {{REDACTED}}
Review
#1195506 Review #1195506 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Preferred solution
Let me have the rebate I was expecting when making the purchase.

Lowes - I was screwed

I was told the cabnets i purchased were eligible for the 10% rebate now the rebate center has giving me the run around for 2 months now and no rebate this is not ethical it is almost a thousand dollars this is not peanuts for me

I have the same issue with the purchase of cabinets-I applied for the rebate via the website, once the store's department head sent it in, I sent it in via fax at the request of the rebate center and now was told to send it in via snail mail. I will be sure to tell all my friends to avoid Lowes if considering a purchase with a rebate.

Review
#1190457 Review #1190457 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Not as described/ advertised

Lowes - Blackfriday appliance rebate is a scam

I purchased 3 appliances and completed all the forms and resubmitted all as requested but never received a rebate card. Lowes does not deserve any of my future business!

Same happened to me , I went to store and the store mgr gave me my rebate. They of course said “I will make an exception this time”. She should have said , It’s the right thing to do.

I also purchased two appliances during the Black Friday event and promptly submitted my rebate request. I received a letter dated 12/26/2017 stating my sales receipt did not indicate the purchase of at least two qualifying appliances.

How can that be when I submitted the receipt from Lowes clearly showing ITEMS QUALIFIED FOR REBATE and two appliances listed. I also included the actual purchase receipt. I copied the receipts and returned as instructed in the letter.

10 weeks later and nothing.Home Depot has pissed me off and now Lowes. Guess I'll be shopping at Menards.

From now on, always keep a copy of your submissions and follow up with whoever is running the rebate. Submit online too if possible.

Lowe's may not have even been running this particular rebate.

They may have hired another company to run it or it could be a completely separate deal. My last appliance rebate I had to follow up with the provider and they could see that I had submitted things correctly but the system hadn't paid me so they sent a refund.

View more comments (2)
Not as described/ advertised

Lowes - REBATE excuse not to Honor Rebate

ON 11/21/17 There was a rebate for different amount depending on how many appliance you bought, I bought a Refrigerator, a Washer and a Dryer so I should receive a gift card for $150 I did it on line the next day, then on 12/10/17 I receive a letter that Info was wrong they needed to see the receipt so I mailed all the correct info on 12/20/17 , I called to see if they received they said no they said fax the information so I faxed it on 01/15/2018 I have been calling then they said they haven't received it , now they said mail it again , they are making every excuse not to honor the rebate. Very disappointed.
Kandi Carter

I'd join! After the number of times I called trying to fix it and resubmittals.

Their separate Lowes "Rebate Center" system doesn't talk to the Lowes.

I had two of them one I should have received $500 and another was $1200 and they screwed me out of both of them. A complete scam they got going there, if you buy stuff online.

I've had the same experience. Is this a pattern? I'd like to join a class-action lawsuit.

View more comments (1)
My rebate gift card $150
Resolved

Resolved: Lowes - BS Rebates

3.8

Update by user May 31, 2018

After 5 months, several e-mails and resubmitting, I finally got my rebate. GEZ they did not make this easy.

Original review posted by user Jan 22, 2018

Due to past issues with Lowes, I was slowly coming back to them as customer service had improved. During Thanksgiving week of 2017 they advertised an 11% rebate on most items. Since they finally got their act together for our veterans discount I went ahead a bought a few things that could have waited. After sending in all the paperwork, I was informed that they were missing the needed info as to what was bought!!! One thing I tried to get thru their thick heads is most of these items were sent without an invoice so I printed the sale paper out of my online account, which I now find isn't good enough. It's my fault they don't send a receipt??? The paperwork I sent them had all this! I called and tried to get their F**up fixed but was shuffled between the rebate center and customer service with no resolution. I now firmly believe these rebate offers are a scam to hook and bait you into buying more product. Right now I wish I could rip those appliances out of the wall for a full refund and go to Home Depot where I've never had a service issue.

Menards has much better rebate system and they run it every other week ...

@Anonymous

I believe that. This spring I'll find out. Lowes is off my shopping list while this issue remains unresolved.

@Anonymous

Menards doesn't offer rebates for on-line purchases either, only in-store purchases.

@Anonymous

Thanks for the info. Looks like Home Depot will be my main source per local stores.

Just had 2 purchases from them under their 11% theme, no problems. Everything handled very professionally unlike Lowes which IMO is a scam.....Lowes looses again.

I’m going through the exact same nightmare. They don’t understand that when you order online THAT is the only receipt you get.

They told me customer service could emailMe a copy with an invoice number on it. No luck there either.

They can tell me the invoice number but not put it on an actual receipt. I am beyond upset.

@Mitsy

They do not make it easy. The short story is they've already lost over $1K in sales to Home Depot from me. if enough people get bit, more will go over to the depot or where ever.Lowes should be ashamed but in reality I think they don't give a damn.

@curl

The $60 or so they will probably screw me out of has already been lost by them from me going back to Home Depot.

" now firmly believe these rebate offers are a scam to hook and bait you into buying more product"

It took you this long to figure out that rebates or discounts aren't there to benefit you but to benefit whoever is giving it to get more of your money.

"without an invoice "

How did you pay for the stuff?

Did you go into the store and do it?

Did they not give you a receipt?

Drrrrrrrrrrrrrr

@Anonymous

Very obvious you did NOT read in detail my complaint.

View more comments (8)
Lowes Rebate
Cons
  • Being shuffled from one unit to another
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Lowes in Titusville, Florida - Misleading Battery Rebate

2.4
1.) I purchased Energizer batteries for $15.14 since there was a five dollar rebate displayed in the packaging. Coupon reads as follows: "Get a $5 Lowes gift card by mail with your $15 Energizer battery purchase". That is all you can see from the packaging view. Once you buy the batteries and open the packaging, they tell you that this offer is before taxes. Had I known this purchase did not qualify, I would not have made it. Slippery come-on rebate advertising! 2.) Even if the purchase was $15 dollars before taxes, there is no department number on the register receipt which means a wait for customer service to issue one for you. They make a rebate hard to process on line for batteries. I noticed a lot of unhappy customer reviews for Lowes. I will not purchase an item just for a Lowes rebate again.
Lowes Rebate
Cons
  • See coment
Pricing issue