Product: Lowes Rebate Clear all filters (5 of 82 reviews match)
filters
State:
Show
City:
Show
Product:

Update by user Oct 24

I had to call FTC and make a claim. Then when I contacted Lowes to tell them what I did, I received a very unfriendly email back with more BS.

Then in 2 days my rebate was completed (amazing).

But then it took them 2 more weeks to get it to me. If anyone has the same...

You can file a complaint with the FTC at www.ftc.gov/complaint. If you do a search you will find that the FTC has fined companies for not paying or paying rebates late. also file a complaint with your states attorney general

View more comments
Lowes Rebate
Cons
  • Everything customer relates
Not as described/ advertised
Tags
  • Lowe s Fails Customer

Resolved: Lowes Rebates Sucks

4.1
What a bunch of {{Redacted}} Damn it I'm so made I could spit. Did a small rebate submission online. Ya well after waiting a few weeks I'm now told the store I bought these items at did not participate in this program. Now the ironic thing thing is the store I bought this stuff from said they did participate, was within the time period, the store also gave me the form to submit but also suggested I do it online and told me what to do, which I followed to the letter.. Home Depot here I come again. At least Home Depot knows how to handle rebates and provide customer service the Lowes is again loosing out on my business since they dont know how to follow thru.

Consider any rebate you get a bonus. Read through the complaints about Home Depot, Menards and Lowes.

All will have complaints about rebates. For the most part they work but there will always be a few people that don't get their rebates for one reason or another.

You are very helpful, NOT

@curl

Didn't sound like anyone was asking for help. They had washed their hands of Lowes and had moved on to Home Depot (until something goes wrong there).

NOT

View more comments (3)
Not as described/ advertised

Resolved: Lowes - Misled by associates

4.1
Lowes - Misled by associates

Update by user Jun 18, 2018

Lowes refunded our purchase price.

Original review posted by user May 15, 2018

I was misled by Lowes associates that I earned a rebate on Olympic Maximum solid Stain by purchasing one at full price and the second at 50% off. The hanging sign advertising 50% off of second one is what drew our attention in the first place. We compared the sign with our purchase to make sure it was the correct item. I questioned the check-out associate about a rebate receipt and was told to fill out the form online using my reciept . Even after checking with customer service I was not told my rebate had expired 2 days earlier. I am very upset after spending $341 that I was misled, because the main factor in purchasing the Olympic Brand was the rebate. From now on I will go across the street to their competition.
#1481956

The worst part of this is that you bought that Olympic crap! That's what you should REALLY be pissed off at!

I'd be willing to bet the sign you looked at so closely had an expiration date on it.

@Anonymous

It did...May 5th. I purchased on May 5th.

#1482010
@Carol

Update: We returned to Lowes.After explaining what took place they refunded our purchase price. After reading so many reviews from disappointed users of Olympic brand products, I will purchase another brand.

@Carol

Good for you!

View more comments (4)
Lowes Rebate
Cons
  • I was misled by associates
Poor customer service

Resolved: Lowes - BS Rebates

3.8

Update by user May 31, 2018

After 5 months, several e-mails and resubmitting, I finally got my rebate. GEZ they did not make this easy.

Original review posted by user Jan 22, 2018

Due to past issues with Lowes, I was slowly coming back to them as customer service had improved. During Thanksgiving week of 2017 they advertised an 11% rebate on most items. Since they finally got their act together for our veterans discount I went ahead a bought a few things that could have waited. After sending in all the paperwork, I was informed that they were missing the needed info as to what was bought!!! One thing I tried to get thru their thick heads is most of these items were sent without an invoice so I printed the sale paper out of my online account, which I now find isn't good enough. It's my fault they don't send a receipt??? The paperwork I sent them had all this! I called and tried to get their F**up fixed but was shuffled between the rebate center and customer service with no resolution. I now firmly believe these rebate offers are a scam to hook and bait you into buying more product. Right now I wish I could rip those appliances out of the wall for a full refund and go to Home Depot where I've never had a service issue.

Menards has much better rebate system and they run it every other week ...

@Anonymous

I believe that. This spring I'll find out. Lowes is off my shopping list while this issue remains unresolved.

@Anonymous

Menards doesn't offer rebates for on-line purchases either, only in-store purchases.

@Anonymous

Thanks for the info. Looks like Home Depot will be my main source per local stores.

Just had 2 purchases from them under their 11% theme, no problems. Everything handled very professionally unlike Lowes which IMO is a scam.....Lowes looses again.

I’m going through the exact same nightmare. They don’t understand that when you order online THAT is the only receipt you get.

They told me customer service could emailMe a copy with an invoice number on it. No luck there either.

They can tell me the invoice number but not put it on an actual receipt. I am beyond upset.

@Mitsy

They do not make it easy. The short story is they've already lost over $1K in sales to Home Depot from me. if enough people get bit, more will go over to the depot or where ever.Lowes should be ashamed but in reality I think they don't give a damn.

@curl

The $60 or so they will probably screw me out of has already been lost by them from me going back to Home Depot.

" now firmly believe these rebate offers are a scam to hook and bait you into buying more product"

It took you this long to figure out that rebates or discounts aren't there to benefit you but to benefit whoever is giving it to get more of your money.

"without an invoice "

How did you pay for the stuff?

Did you go into the store and do it?

Did they not give you a receipt?

Drrrrrrrrrrrrrr

@Anonymous

Very obvious you did NOT read in detail my complaint.

View more comments (8)
Lowes Rebate
Cons
  • Being shuffled from one unit to another
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Resolved: Lowes Frigidaire rebate scam

2.0

Update by user Apr 09, 2017

They finally sent my rebate card in the full amount owed.

Original review posted by user Mar 09, 2017

I purchased a refrigerator, stove, microwave, and dishwasher and was promised a rebate - its been so long I don't remember the specifics of what qualified but my rebate amount was $347.70. I filled out my paperwork in August 2016. I waited my 8 weeks and called. They claimed they mailed it to the wrong address and they would resubmit the paperwork. I waited another 8 weeks - still nothing. I call them back and I have been approved but they are waiting to mail the cards out ( they received to many rebates and have to wait). I wait another 8 weeks and call back and guess what I'm at the top of the list but still no ship date. I call frigidaire and they tell me Lowes is in charge of the rebates. At this point I'm pretty sure it's a scam. Today is March 9, 2017.
Rebate

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111