Product: Lowes Rebate Rating: 3 Stars Clear all filters (7 of 82 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Product:
Rating:
3.4
We spent almost $500 within the rebate period (we live within the rebate zone), submitted on time and just got $1.94 rebate card. Never again
CostlyAngelfish

Same here. I purchased on 5/12/19, submitted the rebate after spenting close to $800 with Lowes, and nothing.

I have NEVER have this issue with Menards, or Home Depot. Not happy in Illinois...…..

View more comments
Lowes Rebate
Pros
  • Prices
Cons
  • Cancelled an order for pickup without telling me
Cheated on rebates on got email showing $1.94 from rebate
  • Cancelled Orders
  • Rebate Failure

Lowes - What rebate

3.2
They had a advertised 11% rebate on paint copied the receipt from the register filled out the information online and a response I got two months later was did not meet the rebate requirements , not sure if I still have the receipt now but either way it’s not worth screwing with for as little as they’re giving your back
Problems with payment

Lowes in Big Rapids, Michigan - Told by Salesman to purchase wrong appliances

3.4
On Sept 30, 2018 my husband and I purchased 5,500.00 of GE appliances, from the Lowe's store in Big Rapids, MI. We purchases a refrigerator, stove, dishwasher and microwave. We only purchased the GE brand because the salesman told us that we would get a 500.00 rebate from Lowe's. He gave us the rebate form to send in with a copy of the receipt. I sent it in Oct 8th and it was received Oct 16th. I am now told it is only on GE Cafe Appliances. I feel we were scammed. We were talked into more expensive appliances because of the promise of a rebate. I also never would have purchased GE except fore the promise. I was always a fan of the LG appliances. How is a customer to know the differences of a cafe appliance?

Always read the fine print, no matter what the salesman told you, the rebate form tells you what specifically is eligible for a rebate. In the future you would be wise to never trust a salesman, get it in writing, and vilidate his claims. It is called “buyer beware”, and by law, it is the responsibility of the buyer.

Lowes Rebate
Cons
  • Untrained salesperson
Rebate not as presented
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes - I canceled my order.

2.8
I ordered a new fridge today it showed I would get a $500 rebate. Till after we ordered and found out no. You are to buy 6 items to get that rebate. They should be I. Trouble for trying to scam people to believe this I canceled my order

Did you bother looking at the rebate form before you made the purchase? You will often see signs on appliances Stating "up to $$$ rebate".

Their largest rebates are on the purchase of a complete set of appliances.

Didn't $500 seem like a rather large rebate for just a refrigerator? If it's too good to be true it probably is.

Not as described/ advertised

Lowes in Oaks, Pennsylvania - Rebate Gift Card Scam

3.2
We purchased a Samsung kitchen appliance suite back in June of 2017. There was a $300 rebate offer, which we qualified for. After two months of waiting for the rebate, we called them multiple times and were told it was being processed. We checked on line and it says it was being processed. We even had the Lowe's store manager call them and couldn't get an answer. We just received the rebate gift card in the mail today, six months later, and the card had already expired in January. Called the support call center and they say they can't do anything. They even said that they had no records of us calling. What kind of company does something like this? Sounds like a big scam. Person at the call center was not helpful at all and told us that we let the card expire.

They did the same thing to us. Once we got a physical card it was bogus! I will never buy another product from them again.

I found the first response extremely insightful. I believe his (what I imagine to be a he) use of Screw various, and creative.

They screwed me also one year later I’m out $150 return the stuff don’t believe you will get it they screwed me till it was past the 90 day point of return. They are going to loose a lot of business not only you got screwed

View more comments (2)
Review
#1200798 Review #1200798 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Rebate
Cons
  • Rebate card arrived and was expired
Rebate is a scam
  • rebate rip off
  • Rebate Failure
  • Rebate Program

Lowes - On-line purchase

2.8
I purchased a Dewalt angle grinder during the Father['s day weekend. there was a promo for discount on purchase over 100 Dollars. Well I had to call customer service to get the discount applied. The customer service rep was helpful and could not understand why my discount was not being applied. Finally agree to order items with the discount and have delivered to local store in Quakertown Pa. . My credit card payment indicated the discount. I was promised delivery by June 28th at the latest. Well, June 28th came and no call from store. I call the store where i stay on hold for almost 20 minutes, as they finally determine that it may be 2-3 weeks before the item I ordered comes in because it is on back order. This is unbelievable, and unacceptable. How could a reputable corporation not know that n item is not in stock? at no time did someone contact me to offer a solution to my purchasing predicament. I usually purchase items cash at local store . i average over a 1000 dollars a year in various miscellaneous purchases. My local store experiences has sometimes been difficult and unpleasant, and many times find your employees a consumer liability to a pleasant and helpful store experience. If you cannot remedy my latest problem I will no longer make any purchases at Lowes, either on-line or in store. I needed the angle grinder for a home project that will now now happen as a result of your poor communication and difficult on-line experience. I will drive a little further to a competitor . This is your last chance to reach out to me an offer an alternative choices to a 2-3 week additional wait. Unhappy, dissatisfied, disappointed customer; Randal Breininger Phone: 267 240 5522 email: rhb2u@aol.com

Your comment said they would have the grinder delivered to your local store. In most cases like this the product is being ordered and shipped from the manufacturer.

Lowes has no way of knowing what is in DeWalt's warehouse and DeWalt more than likely did not notify them that the order would be delayed until you called to check on the order and they called DeWalt to see why it wasn't there yet.

Keep in mind that the retail stores don't pop in the back room and make your product when you order it. They are just the middleman between you and the manufacturer.

Poor customer service
  • Lowes Very Poor Customer Service

Lowes Rebate Run Around

2.7
I purchased 5 appliances from Lowes.com on black Friday 2016 totaling around $5000. Part of the reason I bought from Lowes was that they offered a rebate of $3-400 on the GE appliances I bought. Each appliance description stated that it was eligible for the rebate. I called Lowes to apply for my rebate on 11/28. On Jan. 13, 2017 I got a card from Lowes stating that the receipt didn't indicate 'qualifying appliances'. When I called 'customer care' they said the receipt was lacking an invoice number. So I had them email me my invoice number which I resubmitted via fax. After 2 weeks I called & they said they needed an official receipt; so I had Lowes create another receipt for me. I faxed the new receipt. After another 2 weeks I called & was told my receipt didn't include the invoice numbers. It says "invoice number" right on it. I resubmitted via fax a second time. When I called today I was told that there was no record of either fax (despite being told 2 wks. ago they DID have record of my previous faxes) & that (of course) today was the last day of the rebate. I faxed the same papers a THIRD time today. I am livid & beyond frustrated! From now on Home Depot will get my business. And I am still waiting for delivery of these appliances too. I see now why Lowes customer service rates 1 star. -10!!

I had the same situation from a Black Friday appliance order of 6 appliances, all over $396 each. The problem was that when I placed the single order online, when it was received at the store, their in-store system separated the one order into many invoices, thus invalidating the rebate eligibility.

I went throught the exact same scenario that you describe of going to the store, faxing the in-store printout of the their invoices (which should have been on one invoice), and many calls to the Rebate Center to verify everything. It took about 4 months of persistence, but the Rebate Center finally mailed the full $450 rebate. At that time, I was in a unique situation where I could afford to persist and I didn't really care how long it took, I was not going to have the appliances delivered until I received the rebate. I was determined to get the rebate.

What I would do differently if I do the Black Friday appliance order again: 1.

Do not submit online, instead mail-in the rebate form with the store printout of their invoice(s) along with my one order form printout (from my printer) showing that everything was ordered at exactly the same time in the same order.

Include a copy of the confirmation email that I receive. Highlight and circle all the important numbers on everything to make the job easier for whomever is going to look at the paperwork.

Review
#1019409 Review #1019409 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Rebate
Pros
  • Staff tried to be helpful
Poor customer service

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111