Product: Lowes Rebate Rating: 4 Stars Clear all filters (10 of 82 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Product:
Rating:

Lowes in Cantonment, Florida - Rebate Expired

3.7
I purchased just under $800.00 worth of paint from Lowe's because of the rebate. There were other paint stores having sales, but the rebate was the better deal percentage-wise on the purchase. I went online to get my rebate, only to find out the rebate had expired before I could redeem it. 30 days is not long enough to claim a rebate, when most organizations provide 90 days. Next time, I'll buy elsewhere to get a direct discount, even if is less than what is offered at Lowe's.

Why isn't 30 days long enough to claim a rebate? If you hadn't bothered to claim it within 30 days you would probably have forgotten about it after 90 days and still complained. Not their fault you are a procrastinator and couldn't file your rebate in a timely manner.

@Anonymous

I guess you didn't read my comments...I filed it 2 days after purchase. Have a great day

View more comments (1)
Bad quality

Lowes in Biloxi, Mississippi - Appliance rebate-really???

3.7
Your $600 rebate only includes buying 2 appliances????.............I bought a refrigerator ($1500) that cost way more than what you require for 2 lesser ($396+) appliances! Not happy in Biloxi!
rebates
Deliver product or service ordered

Lowes in Center, Indiana - Rebate Ripoff

3.5
Spent over 2,000 dollars on appliances. Submitted rebate same day...in February 2019. Told me the appliances were not compliant for rebate...which is not true. Told me I had to resubmit everything which I did. After I resubmitted everything I was told they couldn't pay because it took 6 weeks to process through their system so now it was past the rebate time constraints. I will never shop Lowes again. I have NEVER had a problem with Menards rebates. That is where I will shop from now on.

If you are talking about the 11% rebate, appliances are excluded from that promotion.

I MAKE IT A PRACTICE NOT TO BUY ANYTHING THAT HAS A REBATE THAT I HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT SENDING IN. IT'S NOT WORTH ALL OF THE HASSLE. THE WHOLE REASON THAT THEY HAVE REBATES IN THE FIRST PLACE INSTEAD OF JUST LOWERING THE PRICE IS BECAUSE THEY KNOW THAT THEY AREN'T GOING TO BE PAYING OUT A GOOD PERCENTAGE OF THE ONES THAT ARE SUBMITTED.

If you never have problems at Menards why didn't you buy your appliances there?

Hop over to the posts about Menards. Just take a look at how many complaints there are about their rebates. Seems like no matter where yow shop, rebates can be a problem.

View more comments (3)

Lowes in Delaware, Iowa - Rebate Denied

3.6
Just received an email - the $1499 refrigerator my family purchased within the 11% rebate offer does not qualify for a rebate because we received an extra $180 off the price. The reason we received the additional amount off was due to lowes error. Our refrigerator was scheduled to come March 11th. We ordered it in store purchased with Lowes card - Wednesday of the week prior no call from Lowes on delivery time - told us they would call out that Thursday... 5 phone calls later Sunday 5:30 pm Lowes advised they had no record of our order. So we drove back to the store and showed our receipt. The amount they charged our card and was included in our monthly interest and payment. Earliest and delivery date of our fridge was then moved to April 8th - so we complained and received additional % off. Also the guys who delivered refused to hook up the refrigerator because our outlet wasnt grounded - paid to have electrician come to verify yes it is ... Didnt know Lowes refrigerator installers could tell by sight whether an outlet is grounded or not. Please explain how *** customer service - lack of knowledge and a Lowes error now makes us ineligible for the rebate....

Just looked at the 11% rebate form on-line and one of the exclusions are major appliances. Looks to me like a refrigerator wouldn't qualify as it is a major appliance.

Order processing issue

Lowes - Screwed out of rebate

4.2
Purchased two storm doors from Lowes on 3/20/19 during the 11% rebate program. Submitted the 11% rebate request online that same day. Total eligible receipt after discounts was $759.92. Just got our "rebate" back in the amount of $.75. We spend way too much money at Lowes for this kind of BS.

Were the doors in stock? Did you have them installed? If you look at the fine print on their rebate form you will find that special ordered products and installations are items not included in their rebate.

Lowes Rebate
Pros
  • Local store personnel are great
Cons
  • Online customer service are unresponsive
Rebate not correct
Preferred solution
I want my correct rebate

Lowes - NOT VERY GOOD?

3.6
I SEND FOR MY REBATE ON 9/19/18 AND UP TO DATE I HAVE NOT RECIEVE D NO REBATE . MY NAME IS TOMAS CHAVEZ AND I BOUGHT A WASER AND DRYER FROM LOWES . I HAVE ALREADY FINISH PAYING FOR IT THANK YOU ANY WAY .I'LL BE SURE TO PASS ON TO MY FRIENDS
Lowes Rebate

Lowes in Augusta, Georgia - Purchased a Washer/Dryer with a promised rebate.

3.6
I purchased a washer and dryer in November during a rebate promotion. I submitted the documents the very next day. Lowe's can plainly see in their own system that my purchase met all the requirements for the promotion, which was a $100 Lowe's gift card, which I was planning to use for my holiday shopping. My rebate was denied, even though I met all the requirements and provided every last minutia of detail on everything I submitted them. Every time I contact them by phone (per their denial letter), I am sent through a looping robot call. I give up. Emails render no response. Calls are non-human and never result in anything. Everything is always "closed." Do not get suckered by Lowe's mail in rebates. If it isn't at the register, then it isn't going to happen. It's a lie, and I have no idea how this company doesn't get pounded by government regulations. It's wrong and my business will no longer ever be taken inside a single Lowe's store again. If they are willing to lose thousands of future dollars over a $100 gift card they promised me, then so be it. This company has lost its way.

On 11/14/2018 we purchased a Samsung washer/dryer based upon a sign offering a $75 lowes store Gift card AND $200 rebate provided we bought the 4-piece bundle (washer/dryer/2 pedestals). Promo sign was very clear in its come-on and we paid for the "bundle".

The next day we submitted the rebate receipt. January 1, 2019 we still have nothing. A phone call to the rebate department yesterday confirmed their receipt of the rebate request and stated that a $75 gift card was approved and being processed. "Victor" stated that we did not qualify for the $200 rebate.

His English was so poor i really could not understand him. He said the advertisement of the rebates on the sign was meaningless.

Where I come this called "fraud in the inducement" and is illegal. I will follow up with a Consumer Protection agency.

@JMDonnelly

Agreed. It’s false advertisement and Lowe’s SHOULD be held accountable. They are a very dirty company with a happy little store front.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Rebate
Pros
  • Home delivery
  • Selection of washer and dryer combos
Cons
  • Making everything difficult about receiving gift card
  • Lying about a promotion
  • Awful customer service after the sale
Let the company propose a solution
  • Lowes Lies
  • Lowes Does Not Honor Promotions

Resolved: Lowes Rebates Sucks

4.1
What a bunch of {{Redacted}} Damn it I'm so made I could spit. Did a small rebate submission online. Ya well after waiting a few weeks I'm now told the store I bought these items at did not participate in this program. Now the ironic thing thing is the store I bought this stuff from said they did participate, was within the time period, the store also gave me the form to submit but also suggested I do it online and told me what to do, which I followed to the letter.. Home Depot here I come again. At least Home Depot knows how to handle rebates and provide customer service the Lowes is again loosing out on my business since they dont know how to follow thru.

Consider any rebate you get a bonus. Read through the complaints about Home Depot, Menards and Lowes.

All will have complaints about rebates. For the most part they work but there will always be a few people that don't get their rebates for one reason or another.

You are very helpful, NOT

@curl

Didn't sound like anyone was asking for help. They had washed their hands of Lowes and had moved on to Home Depot (until something goes wrong there).

NOT

View more comments (3)

Resolved: Lowes - Misled by associates

4.1
Lowes - Misled by associates

Update by user Jun 18, 2018

Lowes refunded our purchase price.

Original review posted by user May 15, 2018

I was misled by Lowes associates that I earned a rebate on Olympic Maximum solid Stain by purchasing one at full price and the second at 50% off. The hanging sign advertising 50% off of second one is what drew our attention in the first place. We compared the sign with our purchase to make sure it was the correct item. I questioned the check-out associate about a rebate receipt and was told to fill out the form online using my reciept . Even after checking with customer service I was not told my rebate had expired 2 days earlier. I am very upset after spending $341 that I was misled, because the main factor in purchasing the Olympic Brand was the rebate. From now on I will go across the street to their competition.
#1481956

The worst part of this is that you bought that Olympic crap! That's what you should REALLY be pissed off at!

I'd be willing to bet the sign you looked at so closely had an expiration date on it.

@Anonymous

It did...May 5th. I purchased on May 5th.

#1482010
@Carol

Update: We returned to Lowes.After explaining what took place they refunded our purchase price. After reading so many reviews from disappointed users of Olympic brand products, I will purchase another brand.

@Carol

Good for you!

View more comments (4)
Lowes Rebate
Cons
  • I was misled by associates
Poor customer service
Let the company propose a solution

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111

Lowes reviews

Resolved: Lowes - BS Rebates

3.8

Update by user May 31, 2018

After 5 months, several e-mails and resubmitting, I finally got my rebate. GEZ they did not make this easy.

Original review posted by user Jan 22, 2018

Due to past issues with Lowes, I was slowly coming back to them as customer service had improved. During Thanksgiving week of 2017 they advertised an 11% rebate on most items. Since they finally got their act together for our veterans discount I went ahead a bought a few things that could have waited. After sending in all the paperwork, I was informed that they were missing the needed info as to what was bought!!! One thing I tried to get thru their thick heads is most of these items were sent without an invoice so I printed the sale paper out of my online account, which I now find isn't good enough. It's my fault they don't send a receipt??? The paperwork I sent them had all this! I called and tried to get their F**up fixed but was shuffled between the rebate center and customer service with no resolution. I now firmly believe these rebate offers are a scam to hook and bait you into buying more product. Right now I wish I could rip those appliances out of the wall for a full refund and go to Home Depot where I've never had a service issue.

Menards has much better rebate system and they run it every other week ...

@Anonymous

I believe that. This spring I'll find out. Lowes is off my shopping list while this issue remains unresolved.

@Anonymous

Menards doesn't offer rebates for on-line purchases either, only in-store purchases.

@Anonymous

Thanks for the info. Looks like Home Depot will be my main source per local stores.

Just had 2 purchases from them under their 11% theme, no problems. Everything handled very professionally unlike Lowes which IMO is a scam.....Lowes looses again.

I’m going through the exact same nightmare. They don’t understand that when you order online THAT is the only receipt you get.

They told me customer service could emailMe a copy with an invoice number on it. No luck there either.

They can tell me the invoice number but not put it on an actual receipt. I am beyond upset.

@Mitsy

They do not make it easy. The short story is they've already lost over $1K in sales to Home Depot from me. if enough people get bit, more will go over to the depot or where ever.Lowes should be ashamed but in reality I think they don't give a damn.

@curl

The $60 or so they will probably screw me out of has already been lost by them from me going back to Home Depot.

" now firmly believe these rebate offers are a scam to hook and bait you into buying more product"

It took you this long to figure out that rebates or discounts aren't there to benefit you but to benefit whoever is giving it to get more of your money.

"without an invoice "

How did you pay for the stuff?

Did you go into the store and do it?

Did they not give you a receipt?

Drrrrrrrrrrrrrr

@Anonymous

Very obvious you did NOT read in detail my complaint.

View more comments (8)
Lowes Rebate
Cons
  • Being shuffled from one unit to another
Poor customer service