2.7
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I purchased 5 appliances from Lowes.com on black Friday 2016 totaling around $5000. Part of the reason I bought from Lowes was that they offered a rebate of $3-400 on the GE appliances I bought.

Each appliance description stated that it was eligible for the rebate. I called Lowes to apply for my rebate on 11/28. On Jan. 13, 2017 I got a card from Lowes stating that the receipt didn't indicate 'qualifying appliances'.

When I called 'customer care' they said the receipt was lacking an invoice number. So I had them email me my invoice number which I resubmitted via fax. After 2 weeks I called & they said they needed an official receipt; so I had Lowes create another receipt for me. I faxed the new receipt.

After another 2 weeks I called & was told my receipt didn't include the invoice numbers. It says "invoice number" right on it. I resubmitted via fax a second time. When I called today I was told that there was no record of either fax (despite being told 2 wks.

ago they DID have record of my previous faxes) & that (of course) today was the last day of the rebate. I faxed the same papers a THIRD time today. I am livid & beyond frustrated! From now on Home Depot will get my business.

And I am still waiting for delivery of these appliances too.

I see now why Lowes customer service rates 1 star. -10!!

Review about: Lowes Rebate.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Staff tried to be helpful.

Comments

I had the same situation from a Black Friday appliance order of 6 appliances, all over $396 each. The problem was that when I placed the single order online, when it was received at the store, their in-store system separated the one order into many invoices, thus invalidating the rebate eligibility.

I went throught the exact same scenario that you describe of going to the store, faxing the in-store printout of the their invoices (which should have been on one invoice), and many calls to the Rebate Center to verify everything. It took about 4 months of persistence, but the Rebate Center finally mailed the full $450 rebate. At that time, I was in a unique situation where I could afford to persist and I didn't really care how long it took, I was not going to have the appliances delivered until I received the rebate. I was determined to get the rebate.

What I would do differently if I do the Black Friday appliance order again: 1.

Do not submit online, instead mail-in the rebate form with the store printout of their invoice(s) along with my one order form printout (from my printer) showing that everything was ordered at exactly the same time in the same order.

Include a copy of the confirmation email that I receive. Highlight and circle all the important numbers on everything to make the job easier for whomever is going to look at the paperwork.