Product: Lowes Refrigerator Warranty Clear all filters (6 of 6 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes - Buy out on extended warranty when service cost exceeded the cost of the Samsung refrigerator

Called extended warranty department for service. The Samsung refrigerator service problems exceeded the price of the appliance. The bought out my service agreement and was suppose to get a check in 10 working days. It is now been almost 20. I have been lied to several times. Now I heard they never sent it from service to claims and it and now it suppose to be sent and it will be another 10 days. I have a new refrigerator coming because I thought I would have had a check by now. I am beginning the think they are very dishonest. I will be calling every couple of days.
Reason of review
just want the amount they promised for buying out my extended warranty

Lowes in Columbia City, Indiana - Service for my refrig

2.0
Still waiting on Corp. To return call on follow up on mistreatment on phone conversation, stating on 3rd. Call for Refrig. Due to poor troubleshooting by a company having a young guy do a job without using tools& or volt meter etc...... Taking vendor side over customer telling me, have to pay for service call since been 3 times on same problems........

Lowes doesn't service appliances, they sell them. If the service occurs during the manufacturers warranty your complaint would be with the manufacturer.

If you purchased an extended service plan your complaint should be with the provider of the plan. Why do you blame the retailer for actions of another company?

@Anonymous

Not entirely true, as Lowes is the provider of the extended protection plans.

@Anonymous

No you are incorrect. Lowe’s only sells the plan.

The warranty itself is managed by a third party company. There are quite a few different warranty companies. Either way Lowe’s literally has nothing to do with the sale AFTER the sale. You are trying to cherry pick the responsible party based on YOUR incorrect assessment of the responsible party.

Basically you’re going after Lowe’s because YOU want the deep pockets. YOU want the store to handle your business instead of contacting the correct and responsible party. That’s moronic and lazy, which shouldn’t be surprising since you know you’re an American.

One of God’s special selfish and self entitled creatures. You screwed up trying to get the store to do the work for you and you just don’t have the character to admit that YOU WERE WRONG!

View more comments (2)

Lowes - Horrible don’t buy appliances or extended warranty

Samsung refrigerator 2 years old, purchased extended warranty, dozens of phone calls, loss of food, over 6 weeks of no freezer, Lowe’s tells me environmental causes and they won’t cover the repair. Oh and they have no one for a second opinion.
Not as described/ advertised
We purchased a new dishwasher and refrigerator from Lowe's almost a year ago. We also purchased extended warranties on each. I have no complaints with the products themselves as have had no issues. My complaint is with the reimbursement of covered maintenance items. On...

I had a great experience - called and received an email for the reimbursement service request and then sent in the completed form and register receipt. Two weeks later I had my 50% reimbursement.

View more comments
Poor customer service

Lowes - LG REFRIGERATOR
To whom it may concern: LG Refrigerator Problem I purchased an LG Model #LSC27925ST, on 8/23/14, side by side Stainless Steel refrigerator through a Lowe's Store in Cape Coral, Florida. I also purchased a 5 year extended warranty contract through Lowe's. Before year end of 2015 the plastic liner in the inside wall of the freezer developed a crack (approx. 22inch) across the liner. We contacted Lowe's to have it repair, in which they referred us to Best Service of America ,Inc the technician stated that it was a cosmetic problem not covered by the warranty. We contacted Lowe's again they referred us to A & E Factory Service, after they cancelled 5 appointments, the technician finally showed up and again claimed it was cosmetic, it did not affect the freezer, therefore it was not covered. Now the crack is bigger and wider and we now have an ice build up from the crack running down to the bottom of the freezer.

If you are not satisfied with how a product hols up why do you balm the store rather than the manufacturer that built it? The store had nothing to do with how LG built the refrigerator. What aren't you complaining about LG?

#1319452

Read the warranty. It will repair items that are a functional problem but you will find that cosmetic items (cracks, dents, parts that fall of but don't affect the cooling) are not covered. Always look at what you are paying for before you buy an extended warranty.

#1319069

You were so worried about getting a stainless steel exterior that you failed to examine the hopelessly plastic interior. Duh.

rollo2016

You fell for the "extended warranty" scam. Every store sells these things for any and all appliances, electronics, etc.

They are only useful as a means of padding the bottom line of the retailer. Best to avoid them, as you now should realize.

View more comments (3)
Warranty issue
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes in Pacifica, California - DON'T BUY APPLIANCE AND WARRANTY THRU LOWE'S

We bough side by side Samsung refrigerator model RH29H9000SR in April 2016 it's broken - keep making noise and fridge is not cold. We also bought a 5-year extended warranty. The fridge has not been cold and temperature keeps going up. Finally we called Lowe's on SATURDAY OCT 22ND, 2016. Initially they scheduled to have a tech to come on TUE OCT 25TH. Shortly after we hang up around an hour, LOWE'S REP called me back to apologize that they were wrong for putting this date that we need to have a re-scheduled an apt on FRI 28TH. We were looking forward to this date that today FRI the 28TH a vendor they hired to fix our fridge was cancelling our apt with reason of the part has not arrived. BUMMERRR!!! WE HAVE A TODDLER THAT HAS BEEN DRINKING MILK FOR THE WHOLE 8 DAYS!!!! I called Lowe's back and expressing my disappointment and I really need the fridge fixed TODAY, HOWEVER, they could not make this happened!!! We have to live another day without any fridge. Hopefully, the tech will come by tomorrow SAT 29TH as they promised and BRING THAT PART THAT THEY CLAIMED HAS YET TO ARRIVE. PLEASE NOTE WE HAD A BAD SITUATION OF LOANER FRIDGE WITH LOWE'S. I have requested a loaner if my SAMSUNG fridge is not up and running by tomorrow. However, they CAN'T GUARANTEE IT. I cannot live another day without a fridge. I do hope that Lowe's and the vendor will not take the time when fridge is broken. This appliance is very crucial. Unlike living without any stove/oven.
nano_799

We had similar problem with a dishwasher we bought from Lowes. We did buy the extended warranty but the company contracted for warranty repairs ordered the part the day before the scheduled service date.

They called and cancelled the repair date saying the part was not in. OF course it is not in. Why would you expect it to be delivered the next day? They had 3 days to order it when I scheduled the initial appt.

The local mgr from Lowe's has been working on our behalf but even HE can't get resolution. I get the corporate runaround from Customer Care, Service Dept., Repair company. We can't even get the status of the part they ordered.

Just says it hasn't shipped yet–after being ordered 2 weeks ago. Will never buy an extended warranty from Lowe's again.

What's wrong with a toddler drinking milk? Most do.

Why would you want a repair person to show up for an appointment if he doesn't have the part needed to fix the refrigerator? You are aware that neither Lowes nor the repair shop makes the parts aren't you? They are waiting for the part to come from Samsung.

It seems like your frustration should be with the manufacturer (who is actually responsible for the first year of the warranty) rather than the retailer. You have to hope they have the part you need in a US warehouse, if not it will have to come from Korea and who knows how long that may take.

what?

View more comments (2)
Warranty issue

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111