I purchased a bathroom heater/fan from Lowes in Nacogdoches, Texas. I had a contractor install it.

In September I received word that it had been recalled. I went to heaterfanrecall.com and filled out the necessary information including the date code. It was a defective item and a new heater/fan was sent to me on September 24, 2012. A day or two later A & E Factory Services called to say they were contracted to send a tech to install the new heater/fan.

Date and time was set and no one ever showed up. This has happened four times. October 30, 2012 I got a call from A & E Factory Service that a tech would be at my house on Wednesday, October 31 between 8:00 AM and Noon. No one showed up.

I called A & E and they forwarded my call to a supervior who nevered answered--the phone just rang. I call again and the same thing happened. I called again and I was told that the tech would call me in the next 30-40 minutes. About an hour latter I got a robo call from A & E saying my scheduled time had been cancelled and I should call and reschedule.

I called and was told they could not reschedule and that sometime in the future they would call me back. I called Delta Products and received an answering machine message that said I could leave my name and number. No one has ever called me back. I blame most of all Lowes for selling this product and not standing behind it and seeing that dangerous products are replaced.

I can't do much about it except buy another heater/fan and hire an electrician to wire it in.

I have always gone to Lowes but have now crossed it off my list of favorite places to shop. Here I come Home Depot!

Comments

Stillwater, Oklahoma, United States #582037

Number 1. You said "It was a defective item and a new heater/fan was sent to me on September 24, 2012." You already have the new one so file a complaint against A & E Factory Service and Delta Products with the BBB.

Lowes is faultless here.

You know it is pretty likely Home Depot sold the same unit too.

RetailCop
Dallas, Texas, United States #568700

I'm sure Home Depot can't wait for a customer like you!! You think logically and never place undeserved blame!!

I'm just doing my job. Protecting and serving retail associates.

I'm sure if you took the product back to the store they would refund the item for you no questions asked. I mean if it is recalled they are going to get full credit for the item from the manufacturer(where the blame lies).

As for the cost of installing the item? Since Lowes did not install the item, how exactly is it their responsibility? Where is your logic?

Good luck with Depot, wait until you have a problem with one of their products. ROFL!

You as a consumer need to learn that the retailer of a product isn't to blame if something happens to it. The manufacturer is responsible.

YOU are placing the blame in the wrong place. I assume your complaint is with Delta Products. You should try contacting them again. Perhaps they have tried contacting you but you weren't home.

Maybe they didn't get your complete phone number or couldn't make out the number on the recording. You're the type of person who would blame the post office if the IRS audited you just because they delivered the letter.