Product: Lowes Remodeling Clear all filters (16 of 16 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Boise, Idaho - Treated like a Crook

I asked for and received a 10 percent discount on a duplex remodel project. The Manager apparently berated his Asst. Mgrs. for giving the discount and two of them implied I was doing something wrong by using my Lowes credit card that gives an automatic 5 percent. I refused to accept these accusations and returned the merchandise (hundreds of dollars), and cancelled my Lowes card. They get their 10 percent back and I will shop elsewhere. Strange..... I think Lowes has gotten to big for its britches, as I know they give discounts all the time to the major builders, etc. But they seemed miffed when I sought it (but after the fact). Again, strange .........

Why did the associate give you the 10% discount in the first place? Are you military? Because that is the only reason I know that they give 10% discount.

Now, we were wrong for accusing you of doing something wrong by paying with the Lowes card unless the 10% discount was hinged on doing it all in cash.

It's very hard to understand what you wrote. I think you need to go back to grade school.

With that being said you need to get over yourself.

Like the person said below would you be so willing to give others a 10% discount when it came to you making money? You clearly did not qualify for the discount so DEAL.

Why do you feel entitled to 10% off in the first place???? Does your tenants who rent your duplex ask for a discount, would you give it to them.

I highly doubt it. So please step down from your pedestal.

View more comments (2)
Loss

Lowes customer service is Terrible!

I am very disgusted with the behavior of the Assistant Store manager Gina. My husband and I made a very large purchase (7 major appliances); once we got home we realized we were over charged. I called the store where I made the purchase at and they told us that they could make the adjustment in the store if I bring in the receipt. When I brought in the receipt I was told that the manager said I need to bring in the ad from the competitor before they could adjust the price (it was a price match purchase). Annoyed that I needed to make yet another trip to Lowe's but the customer service personnel I dealt with was very friendly and explained they needed a copy of the ad for auditing purposes. I went home and got the ad and returned to Lowes. At that point I was told by the assistant manager Gina that they do not do the price matching more than they already did; which is a $450 difference. If I was told from the beginning they would not price match I would have save a lot of time and effort and purchased from the competitor (which I will do from now on). However; when I first came into the store I was told they would match or beat that price. When I noticed the error on the purchase and called, I was told, again, that was no problem and could be fix; The first trip back to the store I was told for a third time it could be done. But our interaction with Gina was disrespectful, rude, and unprofessional. She repeatedly told me the pricing error was my fault for "not having my stuff together before I came to the store". I take full responsibility for not noticing the error when it happened but in all my experiences I have never had a store associate tell me it was my fault that my purchase was rang up wrong. She told me she "has not decided if she was going to adjust the price or not yet." She was incredibly rude and she had a terrible attitude from the beginning of our interaction. It was extremely embarrassing to be talked to so rudely. She made me feel like the pricing error was my fault and I was terrible for even asking for it to be corrected. After nearly an hour of my time wasted she still did not adjust the price. She told me there was no way to adjust the price now that we have already paid for it. We will have to come back (again) after the appliances are delivered then she could do a price adjustment. When I asked for that to be in writing she said "Everything goes through me, you don't need it in writing". Prior to this experience I shopped at Lowes for all my home improvement needs. I think I will just return my appliance purchase and go to another store. I do not want to do business with a company that treats their customers so poorly. I have just started a Kitchen remodel and plan on remodeling my bathroom in the near future and I will be taking my business elsewhere.

I work for Lowe's. That manager's behavior was unacceptable...period.

With or without a reciept as long as we can have printed proof of a price that matches the time you purchased it there should be no issue.

I strongly urge you to put your complaint to Lowe's corporate so that you can be appropriately taken care of and that the assosciate in question can have their behavior addressed.

Return the appliances. get out while

you can. If you think you've got

problems dealing with them now.

Watch how they respond if something

breaks.

IHateStupidCustomers

sounds like it was your fault.

Why do so many people go and do a price match when they can just go to the other store and not deal with all the hassle? Is it because you want that extra 10% off, which they don't even give most of the time? Price matching is a pain in the *** in general. Just go to the place with the lower price.

Also, you should've told them to look up the price on one of the gajillion computers in the store.

And, finally, just because something is in writing doesn't make it a binding contract.

You should have immediately spoke to her superior. Why people don't do this is beyond me.

View more comments (4)

Lowes

I've been remodeling my home now for about 1 1/2 years. So as one would figure I have purchased several items over the course of time. At one time I thought highly of Lowe's and felt they put there customers first. My past few experiences with Lowe's is about as frustrating as one can get. It's got to be somewhat of a joke with my friends and family, so I decided to share my story with you. I like to start this experiences with buying three grills (register type) on line. I went to your online store because what I wanted were non-stock items. They were grills (also known as registers) that accept a filter. I needed three of them, two of which I had shipped directly to your store and one I had to have shipped to my home. There was no choice to have it delivered directly to the store as the other two, doesn't make sense to me but I guess that's your call. My packaged arrived in two days at my home. I was soon called by Lowe's (by some automated system) that my order had arrived there. I went to my local Lowes stores, went to the service counter, told her my name and order number. She called I believe your receiving dept. They couldn't find the order, soon I left without my grill (register). I was called again by the "automated system," the next day or two. I went to Lowe's and behold they found my order this time. The person in the receiving must of been the same person as the previous time I was there, they told me the first time they were looking for a grill (the type used on patio's). Ummm. My second experience gets better yet. I again ordered online, $1,000 worth of unfinished cabinets. My ordering experience went fine. I even received a confirmation just like my other order I had make a few weeks earlier. The cabinets were in stock and I received confirmation rather quickly that the order was ready for pickup. I didn't have time due to my schedule to pick them up the next day so it was about three days before I could get into Lowe's. During that time my wife said our credit card was charged twice for the charges. She called Lowe's and discussed the error. Lowe's said the first and second charge was some sort of a hold and our credit card wouldn't be charged until we picked up our order. I went into Lowe's to pick up my order. Went up to the service desk gave them my name and order number. The associate called to the rear of the store to retrieve my order. As my luck has it with Lowe's, the order hadn't been pulled. They said I could come back the next day or wait. I decided to wait. I went back to the place where the unfinished cabinets were. I waited, I waited, I thought maybe they have them stocked somewhere else. I went back up front. The associated again called back to someone. Whoops he forgot. I went back to the cabinet area (where they are stocked). I seen that an associate was coming with a paper in his hand. Remind yourself this is a $1,000 order, so it's more than a cabinet or two. He leaves and comes back with one cart. I ask if he needed a couple more, he said he couldn't find any. So off I went, I ended up going outside to find two more. When I got back he had only two cabinets on the cart, both of which had damaged fronts. After a little discussion pertaining to customer service and satisfaction I think he understood my discontent in his choice of cabinets, when there were others to choose from with no apparent damage. After sometime we finally got all the cabinets on three carts. The associate asked another associate to assist us in getting all three carts to the front of the store. Two of the carts were reasonably full the third overly full. Guess what two carts they (the associates) grabbed. Here I am getting a little more upset trying to negotiate my way through the store. We finally make our way to the front by the cashier, they both said here you go and walked away. Now what? I thought to myself. So one by one I get them up the cashier. I showed my receipt and told her about the possible double charge, she said you ordered these twice online, my response was no I didn't. I ask her then why didn't I get duplicate confirmations online? I also told her that we also called the Lowe's customer service and they told us there were no charges on our card just holds. The cashier straightened things out and I did end up getting a credit for one of the charges. Now it's time to leave and the cashier asked if I needed help. I told her yes and that I couldn't get all these carts out at one time and I also told her that I didn't feel like waiting a long time for an associate to help me. At times waiting on one of your associates can be extremely long. I did get some help without a lengthy wait though. We loaded the cabinets up and I was on my way home. When I unloaded the cabinets at home I noticed three of them were missing shelves. I went back to Lowe's the following day to explain my issue. The associate at the desk told me to go back and get the shelves I needed out of the cabinets in stock. I looked at her in disbelief, I told her that was uncalled for and what about the next person that purchases those. I ask if she had a customer service number for Continental Cabinets she didn't so she sent me back to the cabinet department. They did we called and I talked to a Continental representative, problem solved and I received my shelves two days later by UPS. My third resent experience is a little different than the first two. We were looking for a new countertop for our cabinets. I noticed that Lowe's had some on sale which were a little cheaper in cost than the one my spouse picked out at our local Menard's. I went to see what they looked like. The cabinet associate explained which colors and styles were on sale. He specifically said the ones with the felt dot on them are the ones on sale. I looked at the ones with the felt dot attached and found a few similar to the one my spouse picked out. Not being sure I went back home and told my wife about it. We went a couple days later, she liked one of the colors, so we decided we would order from Lowe's. It was five till 9 PM, and know one was around, we waited a little bit then left. We went back a few days later, the counter-tops were still on sale. We found an associate, a different one from my first visit at the countertop area. My wife showed her the one we wanted, she said that one wasn't on sale. I explained to her what the first associate had told me. She responded by saying well it's not, and that the first associate didn't know what they were saying. She removed the felt dot on the one we had agreed upon and said you'll have to pick out another color. I was ready to walk out of the store and go back to Menard's. My wife insisted we pick one of the colors on sale. I said okay but still I was frustrated, my wife decided on one of the other colors. We purchased one of the countertop's that was on sale July 29, 2011. We were told we would be contacted by your outside contractor and it would most likely be installed within two weeks. Our countertop is schedule to be installed tomorrow August 25, closer to a month but who's counting. I know three poor experiences shouldn't deter a person from shopping at a store, but I am honestly fed up with your associates!! Lowe's needs to start a program educating there employee's on what customer service is all about. When I sent this to Lowe's all I heard was that I hope we can serve you better next time.

Lowes in Dayton, Ohio - Lied through their teeth

So, I purchaced a refigerator before thanksgiving of 2011. My delivery date was sometime in the middle of December. I recieved a phone call from Andrea stating that there was a back order on this item and the delivery date would need to be rescheduled. I was not in a hurry for this item so politely I told him to put me on the schedule as late as need be. He informed me that I had a deadline for delivery and needed to have it delivered by a said date. I work Monday thru Friday so I need a weekend day. He was very kind telling me that the last weekend in January on a sat will work. I picked the afternoon hours to have it dlivered and all was well. So, happy as can be on January 28th, blocking ALL other plans, I sit at my home awaiting a BRAND NEW refigerator. Low and behold I recieved no refrigerator nor did I recieve a phone call telling me it wasn't coming. So, January 29th, I go to Lowe's in trotwood, where I purchaced the refrigerator, and Andrea changed his words. Now Andrea was very nice and conciderate with me, asking me what I wanted from him. I wanted my refrigerator or my time I had lost on Satuday waiting for it to come. Neiher one of these he could provide for me at this time. So, as I have time to think about what it is I would like for compensation, let me ask you what it is you can do for me? I am currently remodeling my kitchen. I have tons of purchaces to make seeings how I have recently started. I could use all the help I can get. So I will let you decide how YOU could make it better.

Yeah its funny how these days everyone is looking for handouts! Sometimes it might not actually be the employees fault that the merchandise wasn't in.

Did you ever think that it might be the manufacturer?????

Yeah take it out on the employee that is working there butt off and get every penny you can out of them! That is respectable!!!!!!!

#420306

Seriously, your mad because you had to wait at home on a Saturday and now you want a hand out?

View more comments (1)

Lowes lies

Wife and I ordered a custom bath vanity from Lowes - cost around $1K. When the contractor who was remodeling the bathroom went to install it he found that we had been sent a 18" vanity instead of the regular 21". After several calls to Lowes they agreed to send the correct vanite and expedite it for a 2 week delivery. 2 weeks came - no vanity! Call to Lowes and the word from the rep was that they never agreed to 2 weeks. It would be another 2 weeks until we got the vanity. What the heck?? 4 weeks for a vanity????? Idiots - never again. We are now at the district rep level and quite frankly I am going to ask for my money back.

It'll just be ANOTHER THREE WEEKS FOR THE THIRD TIME.

Update on bath vanity debacle.

Lowes ordered another vanity for us (2-3 week wait) and even refunded our money. Vanity would be free.

OK - that pretty much makes things right.

BUT WAIT - vanity arrived - it was the correct 21" depth.

BUT IT WAS FOR A DOUBLE SINK!!!

WE ORDERED A SINGLE SINK!!! ARGHHHHHH!

What else can possibly go wrong!

Ya know - I really need the correct vanity - Lowes is just toast in my book.

Signed:

Disgusted in Los Gatos, ca.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Remodeling

Lowes in Los Angeles, California - Horrible, rude employees and service at Lowe's

My husband and I had a disappointing experience at Lowe’s store #1555 (2800 120th Street Hawthorne, California 90250). It all started at the beginning of May of this year. My husband and I decided to remodel our kitchen and wanted to get the cabinets, flooring, and countertops all done at the same place. We went to the Hawthorne store and met with Thomas Woods in the kitchen sales department. We did the necessary measurements for the cabinets placed our order for them and picked out the flooring and tile that we wanted. Thomas told us that the cabinet installers would come out to measure for the cabinets and then he would place the order. We only paid for the cabinets at this time. We wrote a check for $15,370.69. This included our cabinets and the cost for installation. The date was May 5th 2008. That night Reyes and I decided that we wanted a few cabinets changed. When I called Thomas the next day I informed him of the changes we wanted. He told me that he had ordered our cabinets already and that we would have to wait until the cabinets were delivered. Then he would have someone come and pick up the ones that were going to be replaced and put the new order in. He did the opposite of what he had told us originally. He ordered the cabinets before the cabinet installers came to measure for the cabinets. This was the cause of all of our problems with the cabinets being late and having to be reordered. After this is when I started to have difficulty getting in contact with Thomas. I would call him, leave a message and never get a return call. Or I would get a hold of him, he would say he was with another customer and would call me back to answer my question. He never called me back. I would end up having to call him again. I do not think that this is how you train your employees to treat customers. I had told him form the beginning that since I am a teacher I wanted the kitchen completed before I returned to work on August 25th. He assured me it would be plenty of time. If Thomas had waited to put our order in until after the installers had come to measure this delay with the cabinets would not have happened. My husband and I were left in the dark and due to the lack of communication on Thomas’ part we decided to purchase our flooring and countertops elsewhere. If Thomas had simple returned our phone calls and answered our questions instead of blatantly and rudely ignoring us, we would not be as upset as we are. It seems that Thomas ordered our cabinets and once he got his commission, he forgot about us. We would have continued with the countertop and floor we had selected from the Hawthorne store and we would have placed our order with them. Because of the lack of customer service that we received we will never recommend Lowes to anyone who is considering remodeling their kitchen and certainly will not shop at your store again.

After reading most of the Invalid complaints on this site..I actually found one that is valid. I work for lowes and I feel your pain...the way that the salesperson handled the entire situation was very unprofessional..especially knowing that you only order after the installers measure..That's the same for any of our departments.

I am so Sorry for your inconvenience. :sigh

This is a complete drop of the ball by the sales associate who helped you. First, the only thing you should have paid for on that first night would have been the detail fee to have the area measured out, then over the span of a few meetings you would have to go through each and every inch of your kitchen design.

When you are finished designing it then and only then should the cabinets have been ordered. I believe your incident to be the exception to the rule as to how I have seen most kitchen cabinet departments ran.

dude

How about racial discrimination. The Hialeah store in Florida hires racial discriminating people.

Yes in hialeah, florida that employees name was obrian. I am asking the state of florida to look into it as I was the one who dicriminated.

I think it was her attitude that made it worse. Since I have her full name if I see her working there or anywhere else I will make sure to point her out.

As far as sparrow's comment goes, I am a cabinet specialist at Lowe's and the employee mentioned in the complaint did not do things correctly. The reason the installer measures BEFORE cabinets are ordered is to ensure the correct sizes are ordered.

And as far as being too busy to follow up with the customer, that is INSANE because anyone who has ever worked reatail knows that the customer is number one priority, whether they are "pissy" or satisfied.

I don't like all my customers (in fact, I dislike most of them) but that is no reason to neglect them. My job is not to like my customers, it's to give them a new kitchen and great service, which this employee obviously did not do.

Complaints! Do your flippin job right and customers would not complain!!!!If you were waiting for cabinets an extra 6 weeks I doubt you would be too happy either.

How about you do your jobs and enjoy it instead of having an attitude all the time.

Get a life or get another job were you do not have to work with people. I wrote this especially since I used to work in retail and I understand the business!!!Before you respond to someone with an idiotic answer think about what you are going to say or don't respond at all.

Tsk, Tsk.

Too many complaints about ridiculous things. The poor guy was busy, had other customers to deal with, and quite frankly, some pissy customer worried about what day their cabinets get delivered is not top priority in a retail enviroment.

Ahhh....a teacher! That explains A LOT, here!!

WORST people to have to deal with! Well, College professors, but I digress......I'm sure that if the sales specialist in cabinets would have done EVERYTHING the way you wanted, it still would have been "wrong".

Just a hunch on my part, folks, just a hunch. (But I bet a correct one, if you read some of my other posts about Lowe's customers).

View more comments (6)