Product: Lowes Replacement Clear all filters (40 of 40 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Lexington, Kentucky - 43 days and counting

I purchased a Samsung refrigerator from Lowe's Home Improvement in May, 2012. The refrigerator stopped working the middle of April, 2013. The refrigerator was deemed unrepairable 5 weeks ago, the product has a manufactures warranty of 1 year plus I purchased the 4 year extended warranty. I have received nothing but lies on replaceing my refrigerator. Each week Lowes promises that they will have a replacement refrigerator for me by the end of the week. it is to the point that I'm sure I will have to retain an attorney to get get my refrigerator replaced. Lowes is also "supposidly" to replace the groceries I had. If it has taken this long and still no replacement refirgerator I am confident that Lowes will not honor the replacement of the refrigerator contents.
#781905

WE PURCHASED A REFRIGERATOR FROM THEM BACK IN 2011 PURCHASED A 5 YEARS WARRANTY .I HAVE HAD SO MANY REPAIR PEOPLE OUT HERE AND IT STILL NOT WORKING .I CALL COR.OFFICE A LOT OF TIMES I TOLD THEM I WANT A NEW ONE THEY SAID NO .THEY WOULD TELL US THEY WILL CALL US BACK THEY LIE WE ARE THE ONES WHO CALL THEM BACK .ALL I WANT IS MY MONEY BACK .I TOLD COR.OFFICE I WAS CALLING ATTONERY THEY TOLD ME THEY CAN NO LONGER HELP US .I HATE LOWES

I used to be the only factory authorized service center in fayette county & since we quit servicing samsung because of their shady business practices they had to use dad's appliance repair or appliance install & repair service, that is what your problem is, They deem the unit unrepairable when it is not. I repaired a $2,000 refrigerator that dad's appliance repair deemed unrepairable after the lady got a new one from samsung. she had to fight with samsung for 2 months to get a new one. Samsung has implemented a new policy to try and screw as many people as possible. I am personally sorry for the trouble you're having, That is the ONLY reason we stuck it out with samsung as long as we did so the customer would not get stiffed like this.

Your first mistake:

Buying a samsung, Did you not read the 700 negative reviews about samsung refrigerators, You don't know about the lawsuits that have been filed for the same EXACT problem you are having?

Your second mistake:

Demand your money back & buy a non samsung refrigerator that is in stock!!

If it is deemed unrepairable ask for your money back and buy a new one that lowes has in stock, Anything but a samsung, Heck even frigidaire is better than samsung and they are JUNK.

{a little long but give it a read,at the bottom i give you information on what to do,i worke3d for lowes for 5 years in the APPLIANCE DEPT!}

you really only have LOWES to blame for this.im not sure if you know this or not{or care..but this is 1 of the main reasons your having the issue your having now} but the APPLIANCE dept used to be paid a SPIFF/COMMISSION that would be taken away from them if a problem like this wasnt fixed ASAP{incentive!} anyway LOWES took that spiff program away!..were talking 2/3rds pay cut with 3 days notice..most are given more notice before they are fired!}

like i said i worked thir for 5 years and know that for a fact if the sales person that sold you the unit that is broken knew he was going to lose that SPIFF ,your roblem would be solved!

now the same guy that was selling appliances for lowes for 10-12 years was forced to quit due to the major pay cut and the guy who worked register that doesn't have a clue on how to handle vendors,the delivery team,managers[yes their is a way to deal with managers to get them to do what is needed to ensure the customer is happy,as most managers put numbers before people foretting its the people who make the numbers!} lowes doesnt care about its employees anymore so what incentive do the employees have to continue to help you?{is how the employees see it} by reading your issue i can tell you that by now i would have had your REF. replaced and your check for the food done and it wouldn't have taken weeks.{and if it did take weeks,due to the fact that the model you wanted wasnt going to be in,i would have had a "lendor" sent out.you should not be going without a REF.LOWES can and will send out a unit for you to use{BRAND NEW BOXED UNIT} until your unit is in,if that is the only problem,waiting on the actual unit to arrive for delivery. i would have also reimbursed 10-20% of the original price! WHY?...first off i CARE. SECOND,the replaced REF. I would have been paid another commission on{easy sale},plus i would have YOU,a nice happy customr!..which i loved. ...like i said blame the guys way up the ladder...if they would pay a fair wage you would receive at the very least fair service instead of- NONE. WHAT YOU NEED TO DO IS CONTACT THE AREA MANAGER ... go over the stores head and get in the ear of the AREA or DISTRICT manager...once you actually bother the guys who don't want to be bothered,they get pissed that the complaint made it that far{that they had to work for a second}..and they lite a fire under the but of the store manager{turst me this works,tell the area manager you no longer can deal with the folks at the store.TRUST ME AREA MANAGERS think that their *** dont stink and that they shouldnt be tallking to you at all...BUT...THEY HAVE TO!!! and the more times they hear from yo0u the quicker your problem will get solved...and dont let them LIE to you..i would for your wasted time ask for so much of the original price be refunded..the big blue board may say one thing about refunds but i have done refunds personally, on my own, for customers that were 2,3,4 years old sales {soemthing simple would come up like re4placing the REF bulb and they wouldnt want to pay for it,so i would refund 5$ of their 2 year old ticket to cover even the light bulb!..THATS CALLED SERVICE!}..they can pull the ticket up by you CC and refund 10%,20,30%..i have seen folks walk with only paying TAXES... ..add up how much time this has cost you and GET IN THEIR EAR!!!! they now OWE you for your time... get what is owed to you...time is money...thats how LOWES looks at it so why shouldnt you?.. once again i would call and INSIST on the area managers number...they will give it to you.if they dont you can find it online. you will be whats called an "OUT OF STORE COMPLAINT" ,they even have a HOTLINE number...let me tell you ...if you havent called it,CALL IT...within 5 seconds of you hanging up the phone the store i notified right away and is falgged for them to take care of it asap!...if you have tried everything listed above...and still getting the run around...the lowes has already taken the plunge... but if you havent...do it and by doing so you will be one more customer saying "bring back the employees that knew what they were doing" would you buy a REF from a 16 year old at MCDONALD's?... thats the lowes way now... ORDER TAKERS not anybody who actually knows what they are doing.

Reality69

Well it's obvious they haven't gotten one to the store yet. To what end would making you wait a single second longer benefit anyone?

5 weeks is outrageous granted,I would be livid as well.

There has got to be some problem above and beyond the people at the store you're referring too though.

View more comments (3)

Lowes in Roanoke, Virginia - ChoiceDek Project Taking over 6 Months to Complete

Update by user Jan 28, 2013

Correction: The contract was signed at the end of June 2012 and not July 2012.

Original review posted by user Dec 28, 2012

At the end of July 2012, I signed a contract with Lowe's to build a 16'x16' deck onto my house to replace an existing deck which was falling apart. In the contract it stated work was to begin in approximately three to four weeks. It actually began the day after Labor Day about eight weeks after I signed the contract. With a combination of wrong and/or damage parts, my deck is still not full complete as of 12/28/12. I was told the replacement parts for the replacement parts (which were damaged) would be here on Jan. 3rd. I will never do business with Lowe's again after this. I'm paying off my account with them and closing it. In all my years of hiring contractors, I have never been *** around by anyone as I have been by Lowe's in Bonsack, Virginia. Avoid them at all costs.
Tags
  • replacement parts

Lowes in Valencia, California - Still waiting.

I purchased a Samsung Washer and Dryer on a Black Friday Sale. I paid for this Washer and Dryer in full. It is February and I do not have the items that I purchased or a deliver date. I was told that Samsung was offering a replacement of equal or better value. I was told that I could choose between 5 models. I go to the store to pick which one I wanted only to be told they do not have any complete sets in stock. I might add that I was originally promised deliver in December or Jan at the latest.

This is not the first time that Lowe's has done this with Samsung, it happened in 2010 as well. Lowe's (and Samsung) knew this was you going to happen, based on the previous year, and the greed of beating out the competitors.

If I were you, I would contact a lawyer to see if you can seek compensation, because they were misleading and deceptive about product availability.

they over sold, and now it looks like you're too late because those poor bastards can't feed their kids, you think they give a *** about your washer and dryer? if I recall they were half price. still worth the wait.

That is interesting about the stock especially since they seem to have been getting negative press in the news lately.

I dont know what changes their making, but my Lowe's stock is going through the roof! Wall Street is loving them!!!

ITS A HUGE BUY RIGHT NOW! They are doing something right, stock has'nt been this high in years.

I know that I got an excellent deal, but I still do not think it is too much to have something that I paid for over two months ago. I paid over $1,700 with tax after it was all said and done.

I bought this a week after black friday.

If they should have not sold it if they were not able to deliver the product. Most stores for the true black friday deals only sell what they have on hand.

Not to be rude but they were selling those items for dirt cheap. If you check other companies that out of those appliances too because of aggressive pricing.

So you will have to just wait or pay more, as simple as that.

P.S. they just cut all the commisions and spiffs so good luck with getting any help from anyone too.

View more comments (5)

Lowes Extended Warranty Service

Please, please, please. Whatever you do DO NOT PURCHASE an extended warranty from Lowes. They will lie, put you off. Let me start from the beginning... My Fridge stopped cooling efficiently. I called the Lowes Extended warranty dept. I was informed that it would take 5 days to have someone come out. I asked what happened if my fridge stopped working completely during that time. I was told to call back. It stopped working 30 mins after I spoke with them. They found someone to come out that Monday, This was on a Friday. This I could handle...The company came out as scheduled. I was told then that they would go back, order the parts and to call them back in 7 to 10 days to schedule coming back out to install said parts and that's the last I heard. I waited the 7 days, called them to be told that Lowes (who initially made the the appt) would no longer allow them to work on my fridge. NO ONE CALLED TO INFORM ME OF THIS! So here I sit for 7 days thinking ok, it will be fixed soon. NOT SO!!! When I called Lowes to find out why, no one could tell me. Although it was marked in my file. I've lost a lot of food... a lot of patience and a lot of trust in mankind. So, then I was told that with the length of time it had been, they would just reimburse me for the cost of the fridge. Well, then, they had all of my information INCORRECT! They said I purchased the fridge for a different amount than what I had. I then faxed in the receipt which I was told was received and they would correct the information. I was also told I was receive a "loaner" until a check could be sent to me. THIS IS A LIE!! IF they tell you that they will give you a loaner DO NOT BELIEVE THEM!!! They do not do this. They want you to go rent a fridge and then they will reimburse you 25% of what you purchased the appliance for to begin with... Oh and they also tell you that they reimburse food costs... what they fail to tell you is that you only get $150 replacement cost... I dont know about anyone else, but I #1 cant afford to rent a fridge and then wait for reimbursment, NOR do I only spend $150 on groceries for a family of 7. Now here I am a month later with NO fridge and still lies are being told left and right and alas, no results... you can't get in touch with anyone at corporate who has ANY clue what so ever as to what goes on in their stores or thier service depts... So I just caution anyone who is looking to purchase an appliance from Lowes..DONT!!! It's not worth it...

I am currently dealing with Lowes and Samsung. My washer has a very small, yet important piece broken and I cannot use it.

So, I'm on business day 5 of waiting to hear how they are going to honor this warranty that I purchased. They are telling me Samsung has no one in my metro area that can fix it. In the meantime, this isn't like my dishwasher where I can wash the dirty things in the sink.

No, I have to triage my laundry to see what is most important to the functioning of my family.

I have the word "fraud" floating around in my head. There is also "class action lawsuit" and "lawyer."

Depending on where you are from, what Lowe's you go to, definitely makes a difference.

I work at Lowe's and we do everything we possibly can for people, especially with warranties.

They're our first priorities and we have multiple people who stop and make sure the customer

gets what they need, are taken care of, and are on their way.

If we have a delay in days, we typically

give a replacement and order your new one (same model as the broken one) and get that installed as soon as possible.

Telling people that Lowe's isn't helping you is wrong, it's not all Lowe's. Here at the one I work at, we've never had someone complain about us or our work. Our people at our store try their hardest to make our customers happy. Don't bash ALL Lowe's.

Switch Lowe's if that's your problem or go to Home Depot.

Thanks. Fellow Lowe's Employee and Proud of it.

@LowesEmployee

You just proved her right with your post.

The same thing is happening to me. the problem is, I am disabled, have no money to replace my food, had 6 bottles of insulin in it(over a 1000.00), which I can not replace.

They really don't care.

I don't trust the refrigerator, so who wants to fill it? they said, sorry for the problems you are having, it is out of our control.

I purchased a extended warranty from Lowes and they suck they would not cover the door self that broke they told me that it wasn't covered, but when I purchased the refrigerator they told me everything was covered. Also u have to keep your reciept but they give you no paperwork on the warranty. Don't buy it not worth it go to sears

I will NEVER buy another lawn tractor from Lowes or Extended Warranty. They are rigging it to "fix it," it's been out for 2 weeks; I was told they mowed after 2 weeks when I bought it, now more paperwork and they only give me $50 to get 3 acres mowed.

This is a horrible waste of money and a big joke!

ctriddletaj

Jeff, not all of them are my children, I also take care of some who are not able to take care of themselves. Please don\'t judge unless you know the entire story.

And if you truly DO work for Lowe\'s your attitude is another reason I\'m making sure other\'s know how you all treat your customers! I hope you have a great day!

ctriddletaj

P.C. I'm so sorry you've gone through this also.

It's a shame that customers mean so little now a days... I've sent in the request for my food loss, I sent it certified mail, almost a week ago now and I still havent heard anything back from them. I'm not real sure where to go from here, but I know Lowe's won't talk to me about it because of it being a Lowes Extended Service Problem, no one with Lowe's Extended Service will speak to me about it either. I really think I need to go even more public with it to let ppl know how little the customer means to anyone anymore....

I hope you get a better turn out than we did.

I wish you all the luck! From now on, I can say I'll only shop at the mom and pop stores, it may be a little pricier, but will at least get customer service...

We just went through a similar problem with Loew's and their extended warrenty on my mother's refrigerator...although not as extreme as your experience. We're not sure what we're going to do, but we intend to contact someone...somewhere about the length of time it took to repair the appliance and the cost of the food lost. It is utterly ridiculous to purchase an extended warrenty that means so little.

I actually would buy extended warranties only from Lowe's! I had a fridge that had a power surge, and they sent someone out the next day.

Within 2 days I had a new fridge in my house, and withing a week I had $250 to replace my food.

If you only purchased a 2 yr warranty you will only receive $150. Sorry about your luck, but I am a firm believer in Lowe's extended warrenties!

#420360

MJ, thank you for the advice... I have contacted several ppl...

Yes I have spoken to the store manager, I have also spoken to several ppl at the 1-800-44LOWES #. FINALLY yesterday, funny enough, after posting this, I received a loaner, and another repair company is supposed to come out today between 8 and 12. We shall see.. As far as an outside source handling all of thier extended warranties, I understand that part, but someone with Lowe's themselves should be able to handle the situation instead of letting someone else trash thier good name with horrible service...

AKA the outside source..

Everyone I have spoken with that is with Lowes directly has said there is nothing they can do. Again, thank you for the advice.

#420300

Lowe's uses an outside service to handle their warranties. They are changing over to handling these in house because of the complaints about the outside service.

Have you called the store manager? They can get it resolved quickly. If not, call 800-44LOWES.

They will send an email to the store and district managers. I'm sure they would help you if they were aware.

View more comments (11)
Lowes Replacement

Lowes hot water heater buyer beware

Hot water heater replacement, called around and went with Lowes because of their reputation of quality. They sent a contracted plumber JW Plumbing. What a disappointment. They quoted the same price as others, but the plumber showed up LATE in the day, started work, and stopped and said I would have to pay $300 more if I wanted him to finish the job. The $450 water heater cost me an additional $500 in labor. What a scam. To add insult to injury the plumber had only months of experience in plumbling, and had no idea how to put an insulated blanket on the heater.
#419266

This is NOT Lowes instalation policy. You should contact the installation department at the Lowes you purchased your water heater and installlation contract through and report this to them the price you are quoted on the installation that you paid for is the full price the man is not allowed to charge you any more $$.

They need to know this so they can get void the contract Lowes has with him as an istaller.

If they give you any problems tell them you want corps # and things will get straightened out. I used to work at Lowes and trust me our store voided contracts with installers over things like this you may also want to go into the store and have a face to face talk with the manager if he's any good at his job he will help you.

Lowes in Lafayette, Louisiana - We purchased

We purchased a refrigerator last month. The noises it makes wakes us up every night. Went there two weeks ago to complain but we were told they all make these noises. Went back today and they us it was over 30 days and we would have to have it repaired. Had we been told this 2 weeks ago we would have a replacement. After spending over 2000.00 cash I am appauled. I will never buy another appliance from Lowes and I will spread the word. They leave the customer uninformed until it is too late. I am no dummy but they need to be up front with their customers. I will rent a truck and put in on their doorstep..

Hey, "Common Sense", I worked for Lowes and they try every trick in the book (and then some) to NOT replace faulty appliances. Lowes IS NOT up front with its customers in any way.

All Lowes cares about is sales. Multi-billion dollar a year company that does not pay its employees jack. If you work for them, your a fool (or a loser that can't get another job). BTW, I quit working for them for better $$ and more integrity...

Myragosnell, spead the word and buy elsewhere. BTW, if you raise enough H*** with the store Manager, he will replace your unit!

The return policy for Lowes is available at lowes.come, in the store sales booklets, on a HUGE board near the registers, and also on your receipt. They were very up-front with you about this.

If you bought a new appliance, the manufacturer likely warranties it for 90-180 days, try them and quit your crying.

View more comments (1)
Loss
I tried to get a Kobalt 25' tape measure replaced because it would not retract. Lowes told me to go to manufacturer for replacement. The package stated "LIFETIME HASSLE-FREE GUARANTEE.You should never have a problem with your Kobalt tools. However,if you do,...
UncoveredSwift

You have no idea how many of these incidents I have had to endure. Then if they return to your card as a return now its a solo purchase and you will be hit with 24.99% apr because your next payment wont go to pay that exact purchase off.

Your payments go to promotional purchases first. So if this originally was with a large purchase that fell into 0 apr for 12 or 24 months now your screwd. They arent supposed to treat these as returns or anything involving a transaction to your account. You should be able to swap and go if they want a reciept whatever to determine if its still covered but should be a one for one exchange.

Everytime its something and the old OH Kobalt just changed their policies recently. So when were we alerted?

View more comments
Loss

Lowes in Eugene, Oregon - They damaged my car!

the were loading a chest freezer into my car and just tossed it in and broke off the rear plastic interior panel in the back of my trunk the guy di not seam to care much luckly i found a replacement part cheap at B&R Auto Wrecking. they do sell decent stuff though :) the holiday 5.0 chest freezer has been good and not to loud we got it a few weeks ago and it holds alot of food sorry im ramebling i guss it makes use have 100 words on here i think lowes is okay but should of offered to fix my car

I'm laughing at your complaint and here's why:

#1. They were loading a CHEST FREEZER into your CAR. FREEZER ... CAR. Is it duh or no duh?

#2. "They do sell decent stuff though, smiley emoticon." Who does, Lowes or the junk yard?

Okay, stay with me here.

#3. You're freezer is "good, not to loud and holds a lot of food". How did we get here?

#4. So you still think Lowe's is okay but they should have fixed your car ... that you ALREADY fixed? At this point, why? It's over and done with thanks to B&R Auto Wrecking.

Just quickly--look at my comment. I use commas, periods, and general grammar correctly. One hundred words or not, your complaint was just one big, confusing, messed-up, run-on sentence.

Loss

Lowes in Livingston, New Jersey - Overcharged for door installation!

I went to Lowes to purchase and have a cliding glass patio door installed. The door was priced about right and the estimate including install was about $435. but somehow I ended up with a bill for over $1000. I called the store manager and have not heard back. It appears that I was charged almost $700 for an install that was standard and took the two men who came under two hours to complete the replacement. I saw their invoice and it gave them $125 for their work installing the door. Beware of using lowes. I found this prohibitively expensively and would not use them again.

French door takes half a day for one man. $250 basic labor. Lowe's charges around $400 for just the labor, so there was some confusion on your quote...

Why are you aluminum wrapping if you installed a high quality door correctly to start with? Aluminum wrap is a sham sold by companies to make extra money and cover up their poor craftsmanship. It's not the 1960's, there are plenty of composite materials that are better and less expensive tham aluminum wrap.

I install doors all day, every day. That is how I can do most french doors by myself in half a day.

If you guys charge $800, that is $50/hr for each guy. At $50/hr those guys are overpaid if it takes them that long. I can always use a good helper, so when your business gets slow, $8/hr is better than nothing.

man, we charge 800 bucks to replace a door

it takes all day to take a door out, flash the sill, install new door, insulate with foam, and get it to swing correctly, install new lock, re-trim inside and cap outside trim with vinyl coated aluminum, then caulk.

if these two people did all this stuff in two hours. first i don't believe it, second they probably did a really bad job. I've been doing this stuff for over 25 years.

Have you returned to the store where you made the purchase? Or contacted your install sales team?

Lowes stands behind all of their installs from start to finish and guarantees customer satisfaction.

I've never heard of an issue that a store is unwilling to fix for a customer.

Very commonly, leaving a message for a manager never really makes it to the manager, they dont work in an office environment afterall. I doubt you're being ignored and I bet theyd be willing to take care of you properly.

View more comments (2)
Review
#219272 Review #219272 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Replacement

Lowes in Dunlap, Tennessee - Do not stock replacement parts.i bought a celling if a part breaks you can't get a part to fix it .

I bought a celling fan with a light , The globe got broken . went back to lowe's to get another globe but they don't keep parts. Said i had to buy the whole kit That is a rip off The next time i buy from them i will ask if they keep parts for it IF NOT I WONT BUY IT FROM THEM We found out there are a lot of things that they don't keep parts for riding lawn mowers after 5 yrs if you buy anything from Lowe's and you know you may need parts ask if they keep parts .

I ordered a remote control for my ceiling fan that I purchased at Lowes. I used the 800 number that was given with the original brochure. I ordered the part May 31st here it is June 17th and I have not received the part yet.