Product: Lowes Replacement Clear all filters (40 of 40 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Lexington, Kentucky - 43 days and counting

I purchased a Samsung refrigerator from Lowe's Home Improvement in May, 2012. The refrigerator stopped working the middle of April, 2013. The refrigerator was deemed unrepairable 5 weeks ago, the product has a manufactures warranty of 1 year plus I purchased the 4 year extended warranty. I have received nothing but lies on replaceing my refrigerator. Each week Lowes promises that they will have a replacement refrigerator for me by the end of the week. it is to the point that I'm sure I will have to retain an attorney to get get my refrigerator replaced. Lowes is also "supposidly" to replace the groceries I had. If it has taken this long and still no replacement refirgerator I am confident that Lowes will not honor the replacement of the refrigerator contents.
#781905

WE PURCHASED A REFRIGERATOR FROM THEM BACK IN 2011 PURCHASED A 5 YEARS WARRANTY .I HAVE HAD SO MANY REPAIR PEOPLE OUT HERE AND IT STILL NOT WORKING .I CALL COR.OFFICE A LOT OF TIMES I TOLD THEM I WANT A NEW ONE THEY SAID NO .THEY WOULD TELL US THEY WILL CALL US BACK THEY LIE WE ARE THE ONES WHO CALL THEM BACK .ALL I WANT IS MY MONEY BACK .I TOLD COR.OFFICE I WAS CALLING ATTONERY THEY TOLD ME THEY CAN NO LONGER HELP US .I HATE LOWES

I used to be the only factory authorized service center in fayette county & since we quit servicing samsung because of their shady business practices they had to use dad's appliance repair or appliance install & repair service, that is what your problem is, They deem the unit unrepairable when it is not. I repaired a $2,000 refrigerator that dad's appliance repair deemed unrepairable after the lady got a new one from samsung. she had to fight with samsung for 2 months to get a new one. Samsung has implemented a new policy to try and screw as many people as possible. I am personally sorry for the trouble you're having, That is the ONLY reason we stuck it out with samsung as long as we did so the customer would not get stiffed like this.

Your first mistake:

Buying a samsung, Did you not read the 700 negative reviews about samsung refrigerators, You don't know about the lawsuits that have been filed for the same EXACT problem you are having?

Your second mistake:

Demand your money back & buy a non samsung refrigerator that is in stock!!

If it is deemed unrepairable ask for your money back and buy a new one that lowes has in stock, Anything but a samsung, Heck even frigidaire is better than samsung and they are JUNK.

{a little long but give it a read,at the bottom i give you information on what to do,i worke3d for lowes for 5 years in the APPLIANCE DEPT!}

you really only have LOWES to blame for this.im not sure if you know this or not{or care..but this is 1 of the main reasons your having the issue your having now} but the APPLIANCE dept used to be paid a SPIFF/COMMISSION that would be taken away from them if a problem like this wasnt fixed ASAP{incentive!} anyway LOWES took that spiff program away!..were talking 2/3rds pay cut with 3 days notice..most are given more notice before they are fired!}

like i said i worked thir for 5 years and know that for a fact if the sales person that sold you the unit that is broken knew he was going to lose that SPIFF ,your roblem would be solved!

now the same guy that was selling appliances for lowes for 10-12 years was forced to quit due to the major pay cut and the guy who worked register that doesn't have a clue on how to handle vendors,the delivery team,managers[yes their is a way to deal with managers to get them to do what is needed to ensure the customer is happy,as most managers put numbers before people foretting its the people who make the numbers!} lowes doesnt care about its employees anymore so what incentive do the employees have to continue to help you?{is how the employees see it} by reading your issue i can tell you that by now i would have had your REF. replaced and your check for the food done and it wouldn't have taken weeks.{and if it did take weeks,due to the fact that the model you wanted wasnt going to be in,i would have had a "lendor" sent out.you should not be going without a REF.LOWES can and will send out a unit for you to use{BRAND NEW BOXED UNIT} until your unit is in,if that is the only problem,waiting on the actual unit to arrive for delivery. i would have also reimbursed 10-20% of the original price! WHY?...first off i CARE. SECOND,the replaced REF. I would have been paid another commission on{easy sale},plus i would have YOU,a nice happy customr!..which i loved. ...like i said blame the guys way up the ladder...if they would pay a fair wage you would receive at the very least fair service instead of- NONE. WHAT YOU NEED TO DO IS CONTACT THE AREA MANAGER ... go over the stores head and get in the ear of the AREA or DISTRICT manager...once you actually bother the guys who don't want to be bothered,they get pissed that the complaint made it that far{that they had to work for a second}..and they lite a fire under the but of the store manager{turst me this works,tell the area manager you no longer can deal with the folks at the store.TRUST ME AREA MANAGERS think that their *** dont stink and that they shouldnt be tallking to you at all...BUT...THEY HAVE TO!!! and the more times they hear from yo0u the quicker your problem will get solved...and dont let them LIE to you..i would for your wasted time ask for so much of the original price be refunded..the big blue board may say one thing about refunds but i have done refunds personally, on my own, for customers that were 2,3,4 years old sales {soemthing simple would come up like re4placing the REF bulb and they wouldnt want to pay for it,so i would refund 5$ of their 2 year old ticket to cover even the light bulb!..THATS CALLED SERVICE!}..they can pull the ticket up by you CC and refund 10%,20,30%..i have seen folks walk with only paying TAXES... ..add up how much time this has cost you and GET IN THEIR EAR!!!! they now OWE you for your time... get what is owed to you...time is money...thats how LOWES looks at it so why shouldnt you?.. once again i would call and INSIST on the area managers number...they will give it to you.if they dont you can find it online. you will be whats called an "OUT OF STORE COMPLAINT" ,they even have a HOTLINE number...let me tell you ...if you havent called it,CALL IT...within 5 seconds of you hanging up the phone the store i notified right away and is falgged for them to take care of it asap!...if you have tried everything listed above...and still getting the run around...the lowes has already taken the plunge... but if you havent...do it and by doing so you will be one more customer saying "bring back the employees that knew what they were doing" would you buy a REF from a 16 year old at MCDONALD's?... thats the lowes way now... ORDER TAKERS not anybody who actually knows what they are doing.

Reality69

Well it's obvious they haven't gotten one to the store yet. To what end would making you wait a single second longer benefit anyone?

5 weeks is outrageous granted,I would be livid as well.

There has got to be some problem above and beyond the people at the store you're referring too though.

View more comments (3)

Lowes in Roanoke, Virginia - ChoiceDek Project Taking over 6 Months to Complete

Update by user Jan 28, 2013

Correction: The contract was signed at the end of June 2012 and not July 2012.

Original review posted by user Dec 28, 2012

At the end of July 2012, I signed a contract with Lowe's to build a 16'x16' deck onto my house to replace an existing deck which was falling apart. In the contract it stated work was to begin in approximately three to four weeks. It actually began the day after Labor Day about eight weeks after I signed the contract. With a combination of wrong and/or damage parts, my deck is still not full complete as of 12/28/12. I was told the replacement parts for the replacement parts (which were damaged) would be here on Jan. 3rd. I will never do business with Lowe's again after this. I'm paying off my account with them and closing it. In all my years of hiring contractors, I have never been *** around by anyone as I have been by Lowe's in Bonsack, Virginia. Avoid them at all costs.
Tags
  • replacement parts

Lowes in Valencia, California - Still waiting.

I purchased a Samsung Washer and Dryer on a Black Friday Sale. I paid for this Washer and Dryer in full. It is February and I do not have the items that I purchased or a deliver date. I was told that Samsung was offering a replacement of equal or better value. I was told that I could choose between 5 models. I go to the store to pick which one I wanted only to be told they do not have any complete sets in stock. I might add that I was originally promised deliver in December or Jan at the latest.

This is not the first time that Lowe's has done this with Samsung, it happened in 2010 as well. Lowe's (and Samsung) knew this was you going to happen, based on the previous year, and the greed of beating out the competitors.

If I were you, I would contact a lawyer to see if you can seek compensation, because they were misleading and deceptive about product availability.

they over sold, and now it looks like you're too late because those poor bastards can't feed their kids, you think they give a *** about your washer and dryer? if I recall they were half price. still worth the wait.

That is interesting about the stock especially since they seem to have been getting negative press in the news lately.

I dont know what changes their making, but my Lowe's stock is going through the roof! Wall Street is loving them!!!

ITS A HUGE BUY RIGHT NOW! They are doing something right, stock has'nt been this high in years.

I know that I got an excellent deal, but I still do not think it is too much to have something that I paid for over two months ago. I paid over $1,700 with tax after it was all said and done.

I bought this a week after black friday.

If they should have not sold it if they were not able to deliver the product. Most stores for the true black friday deals only sell what they have on hand.

Not to be rude but they were selling those items for dirt cheap. If you check other companies that out of those appliances too because of aggressive pricing.

So you will have to just wait or pay more, as simple as that.

P.S. they just cut all the commisions and spiffs so good luck with getting any help from anyone too.

View more comments (5)
Loss
Please, please, please. Whatever you do DO NOT PURCHASE an extended warranty from Lowes. They will lie, put you off. Let me start from the beginning... My Fridge stopped cooling efficiently. I called the Lowes Extended warranty dept. I was informed that it would...

I am currently dealing with Lowes and Samsung. My washer has a very small, yet important piece broken and I cannot use it.

So, I'm on business day 5 of waiting to hear how they are going to honor this warranty that I purchased. They are telling me Samsung has no one in my metro area that can fix it. In the meantime, this isn't like my dishwasher where I can wash the dirty things in the sink.

No, I have to triage my laundry to see what is most important to the functioning of my family.

I have the word "fraud" floating around in my head. There is also "class action lawsuit" and "lawyer."

Lowes Replacement
Hot water heater replacement, called around and went with Lowes because of their reputation of quality. They sent a contracted plumber JW Plumbing. What a disappointment. They quoted the same price as others, but the plumber showed up LATE in the day, started work,...
#419266

This is NOT Lowes instalation policy. You should contact the installation department at the Lowes you purchased your water heater and installlation contract through and report this to them the price you are quoted on the installation that you paid for is the full price the man is not allowed to charge you any more $$.

They need to know this so they can get void the contract Lowes has with him as an istaller.

If they give you any problems tell them you want corps # and things will get straightened out. I used to work at Lowes and trust me our store voided contracts with installers over things like this you may also want to go into the store and have a face to face talk with the manager if he's any good at his job he will help you.

Lowes in Lafayette, Louisiana - We purchased

We purchased a refrigerator last month. The noises it makes wakes us up every night. Went there two weeks ago to complain but we were told they all make these noises. Went back today and they us it was over 30 days and we would have to have it repaired. Had we been told this 2 weeks ago we would have a replacement. After spending over 2000.00 cash I am appauled. I will never buy another appliance from Lowes and I will spread the word. They leave the customer uninformed until it is too late. I am no dummy but they need to be up front with their customers. I will rent a truck and put in on their doorstep..

Hey, "Common Sense", I worked for Lowes and they try every trick in the book (and then some) to NOT replace faulty appliances. Lowes IS NOT up front with its customers in any way.

All Lowes cares about is sales. Multi-billion dollar a year company that does not pay its employees jack. If you work for them, your a fool (or a loser that can't get another job). BTW, I quit working for them for better $$ and more integrity...

Myragosnell, spead the word and buy elsewhere. BTW, if you raise enough H*** with the store Manager, he will replace your unit!

The return policy for Lowes is available at lowes.come, in the store sales booklets, on a HUGE board near the registers, and also on your receipt. They were very up-front with you about this.

If you bought a new appliance, the manufacturer likely warranties it for 90-180 days, try them and quit your crying.

View more comments (1)
Loss
I tried to get a Kobalt 25' tape measure replaced because it would not retract. Lowes told me to go to manufacturer for replacement. The package stated "LIFETIME HASSLE-FREE GUARANTEE.You should never have a problem with your Kobalt tools. However,if you do,...

unfortunately Lowes bought the rights to craftsman with sears going out of business. im about to go in to lowes to return my 25' kobalt tape measure because it wont retract either.

ive had it less than 2 weeks with very little use. we will see what happens ill leave a message with results in case this happens to anyone the near future.

Loss

Lowes in Eugene, Oregon - They damaged my car!

the were loading a chest freezer into my car and just tossed it in and broke off the rear plastic interior panel in the back of my trunk the guy di not seam to care much luckly i found a replacement part cheap at B&R Auto Wrecking. they do sell decent stuff though :) the holiday 5.0 chest freezer has been good and not to loud we got it a few weeks ago and it holds alot of food sorry im ramebling i guss it makes use have 100 words on here i think lowes is okay but should of offered to fix my car

I'm laughing at your complaint and here's why:

#1. They were loading a CHEST FREEZER into your CAR. FREEZER ... CAR. Is it duh or no duh?

#2. "They do sell decent stuff though, smiley emoticon." Who does, Lowes or the junk yard?

Okay, stay with me here.

#3. You're freezer is "good, not to loud and holds a lot of food". How did we get here?

#4. So you still think Lowe's is okay but they should have fixed your car ... that you ALREADY fixed? At this point, why? It's over and done with thanks to B&R Auto Wrecking.

Just quickly--look at my comment. I use commas, periods, and general grammar correctly. One hundred words or not, your complaint was just one big, confusing, messed-up, run-on sentence.

Loss
I went to Lowes to purchase and have a cliding glass patio door installed. The door was priced about right and the estimate including install was about $435. but somehow I ended up with a bill for over $1000. I called the store manager and have not heard back. It...

French door takes half a day for one man. $250 basic labor. Lowe's charges around $400 for just the labor, so there was some confusion on your quote...

Why are you aluminum wrapping if you installed a high quality door correctly to start with? Aluminum wrap is a sham sold by companies to make extra money and cover up their poor craftsmanship. It's not the 1960's, there are plenty of composite materials that are better and less expensive tham aluminum wrap.

I install doors all day, every day. That is how I can do most french doors by myself in half a day.

If you guys charge $800, that is $50/hr for each guy. At $50/hr those guys are overpaid if it takes them that long. I can always use a good helper, so when your business gets slow, $8/hr is better than nothing.

Review
#219272 Review #219272 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Replacement

Lowes in Dunlap, Tennessee - Do not stock replacement parts.i bought a celling if a part breaks you can't get a part to fix it .

I bought a celling fan with a light , The globe got broken . went back to lowe's to get another globe but they don't keep parts. Said i had to buy the whole kit That is a rip off The next time i buy from them i will ask if they keep parts for it IF NOT I WONT BUY IT FROM THEM We found out there are a lot of things that they don't keep parts for riding lawn mowers after 5 yrs if you buy anything from Lowe's and you know you may need parts ask if they keep parts .

I ordered a remote control for my ceiling fan that I purchased at Lowes. I used the 800 number that was given with the original brochure. I ordered the part May 31st here it is June 17th and I have not received the part yet.