Product: Lowes Roof Installation Clear all filters (8 of 19 reviews match)
filters
State:
Show
City:
Show
Product:
Lowes - New roof installed wrong, now leaking!
Contracted with Lowe's to put on new roof with lifetime warranty. The roofers only used 4 rolls of waterproofing instead of the 10 needed. They put the shingles on wrong and did not flash around the 3 chimneys, one of which is leaking badly. You can see the photos of...
Albaro

Hi There: We are having a similar problem with our roof. Hired Lowes in late fall 2017.

Because of our winters, they were not able to install the roof until spring 2018. Well, winter of 2019 and we had leaks. Guys came back out to fix it, and it leaked again. So a different crew came back out, tried to fix it...said if it didn't work this time, they thought it would need to be replaced entirely.

As we were out of winter by then, things were fine...well, winter is back, and we have leaks once again. I called Lowes on Sunday to speak w/ our "coordinator". Told we would get a call back w/in 48 hours. Well, it's Friday now, and still no call.

Hoping to speak w/ a Lowes manager this afternoon to see what can be done. Honestly, we have no faith in the original installers.

We know they installed things incorrectly. Just curious if you have had any movement or resolution with your roof problems?

Lowes Roof Installation
Cons
  • Horrible service
  • Shoddy work breach of contract
  • Lowes Bad SERVICE
  • Lowe s Scam
  • Lowes Shoddy Work
  • Beware Lowes Hardware Contractors

Lowes in District 3, Mississippi - Horrible Lowe's Experience

Lowes - Horrible Lowe's Experience
I would love to get involved in on this class action lawsuit. I paid $8000 for a new roof and i was told after it was completed that I had rafter issues. Instead of telling before they completed the installation they decided to roof over if and my decking boards are warped and they didn't fix that either, which was in our conversation to be fixed. I am not happy with my results. I want my money back to have my roof fixed the correct way. I have talked to several Lowe's people on the phone and it has not done one bit of good. Please contact me at 662-664-4303.I would love to be involved in on this lawsuit. Thanks Cindy Merryman
Lowes Roof Installation
Cons
  • Failure to properly inform me of damage to prior to install
  • Roof Install

Lowes in Staten Island, New York - Three day job has turned into a three month nightmare

1.4
Lowes - Three day job has turned into a three month nightmare
Update I was sent an email on July 12 , telling me that they We’re ordering materials to Finish the job and that someone will get back to me. I have since spoken to someone in executive offices. I also asked them not to send the same people to correct the matter since they have now been here 3/4 times. I have also sent them new pics of the drip Vinyl coming of the roofs edge. 3 day job now in its third month I have not been told when they will correct anything. At what point do I go to small claims court?
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered
Lowes - Update to installation gone bad
After several attempts to speak to someone at Lowe’s I reached someone. Contractors came back put up some of the soffit and lleft. They left part of the soffit undone, Soon after with the first strong wind the drop vinyl on the edge of the roof started flying off. They...
Price reduction
  • Buyer Beware Go Elsewhere

Lowes in Cartersville, Georgia - Sloppy work

2.6
Lowes - Sloppy work
Lowes - Sloppy work
Poor work. gutters damaged trash left in yard. Piece of old roof left hanging in gutter. I took 2 pictures there are lots more damage trash.
Jordann

Who was the roofing contractor? Was it Ozark Roofing by chance? We have recently gotten the shaft by Lowe's.

Poor customer service

Lowes in Jefferson City, Tennessee - Roof leaking within 24 hours of installation

Update by user Nov 07, 2018

Over a month has gone by and the leak issues have not been corrected. Also permits are required in the city we live in and Lowe's still hasn't obtained the required permits and had the work inspected.

I believe that they purposely side step the permits knowing that their work will not pass an inspection. I suggest if you require work to be preformed at your home you call at least 3 LOCAL contractors licensed and insured in the area you live, check references and work directly with the contractor.

Original review posted by user Oct 08, 2018

Lowe's installed a new roof on our home and within 24 hours it was leaking where they installed the flashing incorrectly at the chimney. After multiple calls to Lowe's installation services they finally responded and informed me that flashing at the chimney was not in the scope. Really, they tore off the existing flashing and incorrectly installed new flashing. It is reasonable to believe that if they removed and installed flashing regardless if it was in the scope they caused the leak and are responsible for correcting it. I decided to use Lowe's because I felt they would stand behind their work, I could not have been more wrong. What an eye opener.

Flashing is a critical point of a roofing Job and to be told it is not in the scope of work to be done is just criminal. Now I understand why Lowes terminates so many contractors, They do not check out their work and when there is a problem they just fire them with no resolution to the consumer.

Bad quality

Lowes in Central, South Carolina - BUYER BEWARE: Lowe's terrible roof service and their garbage corporate BS

2.3
Lowes - BUYER BEWARE: Lowe's terrible roof service and their garbage corporate BS
We hired Lowe's to install a new roof on our home. Scheduling was easy. Materials were to be dropped off and the crew would be there in a few days to put the roof on. They dropped the material off in the middle of driveway with no protection or tarp. That night, it poured down rain. I called immediately the next morning and reported that all of the materials were soaking wet. They just said they would pass that on to the guy in charge. Regardless of the wet material, they came out and put the roof on in a day. Immediately, we noticed how wrinkled/wavy the roof looked. Our gutter guards were not re-installed correctly (which was specified in the contract) and water was randomly pouring off the roof in non-drained areas. The vents in the roof were sealed around the edges with what looked like tape, and it was already coming off. They did not clean up the old shingles and instead left them laying all over our front yard, in 95-degree Southern summertime heat. This killed all of the grass under each of those blocks of singles so our front yard now looks like a patchwork quilt. We addressed our concerns to the liaison in charge of handling complaints. He sent the crew back out who did nothing but put some more nails in our roof, fixed the gutter guards, secured the vent, and throw cigarette butts and beer bottles in our yard. They fixed the gutters so they drained correctly, but the roof still looked horrendous. They sent a local truck out to clean up, and the employee commented on how terrible the roof looked. Thanks, no *** Sherlock. SOOooo we took pictures and more pictures and started reaching out to people "above" our local store about what to do. **Insert endless corporate *** zero-accountability loop**. They basically said that the roof must have been damaged before they installed the new roof. So I gladly sent them a date-stamped picture of our roof "before" and "after". I never received any other correspondence after that. We looked in to getting a lawyer but to find one with the ability to fight against a giant corporation like Lowe's would cost us more than the roof would ever be worth.

Lowes replaced our roof while we were on vacation. When we came home, outdoor furniture was moved, black tar was on aluminum siding and trim on dors, things were broken, materials left all over yard.

Took three hours for us to clean it up. Kep claaing Lowes and they never get back to me.

Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
  • Construction Fraud
  • Roof Damage
  • Roof

Lowes Roofing Installation

Lowes Roofing Installation
LOWES ROOFS LEAK!!!. LOWES Guaranteed roof would not leak Contract called for replacement of all bad roof decking, LOWES put shingles over rotten wood with a 3 inch hole in it. LEAKS Paid for permit - was not obtained by roofing contractor Paid for new flashing- was not installed by roofing contractor Notified LOWES that flashing was not installed-LOWES management and roofing contractor LIED for over one year that new flashing was installed. LOWES conspired to committed fraud with the installation contractor The contractor is most likely still working for LOWES Two years later my roof still LEAKS Last time i was treated like this was at SEARS We ALL know where they are now.
Lowes Roof Installation
Pros
  • Guaranteed they would replace roof
  • Said they would stand behind their work
Cons
  • Do not care about dissatisfied customer
  • Home Improvememt