Product: Lowes Sales Representative Clear all filters (40 of 40 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Springfield, Massachusetts - Fat Lazy Salesperson

My 74 year old DISABLED husband went in to buy a microwave. He found what he was looking for and went over to a nearby associate. He asked for assistance the guy asked him if he had a carriage. When my husband said no, the guy told him, "I can't help you until you get a carriage." My husband walked away went to get a carriage and went back to the microwaves. My husband loaded it on by himself (50lbs) and looked over to see this fat *** standing there watching him. This is the final straw with LOWE'S. I had issues with them over the summer after we bought a $2000 lawn tractor. NEVER AGAIN!! Home Depot here we come. Unfortunately, I would have to give them at least 1 star for customer service. They don't deserve even that many.

Your husband needs to post this complaint instead of you since He was the one who went to Lowes.

You weren't even there. Second hand stories can never be trusted.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Sales Representative
Cons
  • Customer service was a joke

Lowes - Ignored for an hour

I was in Lowe’s today to order a custom blind after 15 minutes I went to the service desk to ask for help. The girl paged someone no one showed up. I went back to the service desk a second time and she repaged someone. After another 20 minutes I went back to customer service desk a third time. The sales associate was very bothered by me returning a third time. She basically went into a rant about how someone called off and I would have to wait for the paint area associate to be available. I walked to the paint area and there were 5 people in line. My question is why couldn’t she help me. There were two associates at that desk with no customers. So basically after being there 1 hour I left without ordering my blind.

You are probably be better off having not ordered the blind. It is unfortunate that the person who should have been in the blind department called in sick.

It sounds like they were trying to have someone from paint help but as you said, they had 5 customers waiting there as well. At some point they may have had someone available to help you but as they don't normally sell blinds would they have fumbled through the order and would it have been correct?

Would you expect the person stocking produce in the grocery store to be able to run back to the meat counter and cut you a steak? They should have explained that the person who should have been in blinds called in sick and given you the option of coming back another day or waiting for someone that "might" be able to help you.

@Anonymous

If someone in a department called in and there was nobody to perform their tasks then I fully expect the stores manager to get on the floor and help the customer. The store managers have experience in all departments

@Anonymous

In an ideal world managers would be experienced in all departments but rarely are.

@Anonymous

I agree, with the complainant it is called cross training. You have other staff from that departments cross trained or does each department only have one employee to provide customer service. These are lame excuses for providing exceptionally poor customer service, consumers take you business elsewhere you can get enough bull and excuses with this new election make your statement with your money, And walk away.

@Anonymous

Cross training would b e great but in this day and age of continually reducing payroll you are lucky to see employees properly trained in the departments they work in let alone another department.

View more comments (4)
Lowes Sales Representative
Pros
  • Staff assistance
Cons
  • Dont care about good customer service all about the money
Poor customer service

Lowes - Staff not doing their job.

1.7
I went into your store in Henderson NC twice this month. First experience I was trying to buy blower for a heater I brought there. Heater had picture of optional blower. One representative called the associate to area. She was loud and stated, "I been working this area for two weeks and I don't know nothing about a blower. On 1/23/2019 I carried the heater back without opening box. I went directly to customer service and the young lady sitting there playing on her cell phone, without me saying a word directed me to checkout 10 or 11. After being looked at like I was crazy the customer service representative rudely told me to come to the other side of the counter. She than gave me the wrong amount of money back on my account by under $20.00 for the heater and warranty was over $220. I know everyone have problems with people doing their jobs these days because of cell phones, but rudeness should not be allowed in customer service. Thank you

Just being in a picture doesn't make it available. I sold garage doors and roll up doors for another company.

They had a picture of a shed on the cover of their brochure for roll up doors. At the base of the shed they showed diamond plate steel covering the base of the shed under the door. I called to see if the sold it or knew where to get it as it would be a great item to offer customers.

After talking to a number of their employees who had no idea of what I was even talking about I gave up on them and found another source. The next time they printed the brochure they used the same picture of the shed but the diamond plate steel had been air brushed off the shed.

Lowes Sales Representative
Cons
  • Staff rudeness
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes in Holmdel Township, New Jersey - Unacceptable service..run around.

Update by user Nov 03, 2018

Original review posted by user Nov 02, 2018

Warning Notice! Do not use Lowe’s service for anything at the Holmdel location. You will regret it. They use subcontractors who are not Lowe’s employees and Lowe’s has no control of their own subcontractors. They do not control over there own sales representatives who do not follow through on what they say. I am also investigating the Lowe’s company policy and on home improvement and whether the violation the Home Improvement Practice Regulations below and consumer protection laws. I believed they have violated the Home Improvement Practice Regulations found in the New Jersey Administrative Code at N.J.A.C. 13:45A-16.1 et seq. In multiple instances. (See below for details) The requirements of the New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act, N.J.S.A. 56:8-1 et seq. (the “Act”) and the Home Improvement Practice Regulations found in the New Jersey Administrative Code at N.J.A.C. 13:45A-16.1 et seq. (the “Regulations”), place obligations on contractors and protect consumers when it comes to home improvements. Contractors should be aware of these provisions in view of the potential costs of non-compliance, and homeowners should familiarize themselves with these provisions prior to undertaking home improvements. Generally, the Act protects consumers from unconscionable commercial practices such as fraud, misrepresentation, and deception by persons involved in the sale of goods and services, including home improvement contracts. The Act defines contractors as persons engaged in the business of making or selling home improvements, and requires all contractors to be registered with the State of New Jersey. Contractors doing home improvements, defined as all construction work that is not construction of a new residence, are also subject to the home improvement practices regulations. Contractors must comply with the Act and the Regulations, or risk costly litigation and monetary penalties. In many cases, a violation of the Regulations, such as failure to provide a written contract, constitutes a per se violation of the Act and may subject the contractor to triple damages under the Act. The home improvement contract between the seller/contractor and the consumer/homeowner sets forth the rights and obligations of the parties with respect to the home improvements being performed. Pursuant to the Regulations, all home improvement contracts in excess of $500, and all change orders of such contracts, must be in writing and signed by the parties. Failure of the contractor to provide a written contract or change order is automatically a violation of the Act, and the homeowner need not prove that the contractor intended to violate the Act. Under the Regulations, the written contract must clearly and accurately, and in understandable language, set forth the terms and conditions of the contract, including the following: A detailed description of the work to be done and materials to be used. · A start date and an end date. · The total price to be paid by the homeowner, including finance charges. · The legal name and business address of the seller or agent who negotiated the contract for the seller. · A description of any mortgage or security interest to be taken in connection with the sale or financing of the home improvements. · A statement of any guarantee or warranty with regard to products, materials, labor and services made by the contractor.

Most likely a fake review. The poster doesn’t give us any kind of grievance or damages they suffered.

Not even a basic outline of thier ordeal. Just an accusation with no detail to back it up.

Lowe's is protected by the contract you signed. The third party contractor who did the work is who is liable for this, not Lowe's.

You can try to sue them if you wish, but it won't hold up in court because they have a signed contract absolving them from damages caused by the third party contractor. If you hire an attorney they will find this out pretty quickly.

You can file a complaint with the NJ Consumer affairs. If The State looks at your evidence and finds that Lowe’s is non-compliant then they will impose fine on Lowe’s(the Contractor) of which the State receives.

Then perhaps Lowe’s will find it better to settle out of court with you for damages.

If the State finds that Lowe’s is compliant, They will serve as a mediator in resolving the dispute, and if you and Lowe’s can’t agree, then you will have to file a lawsuit against Lowe’s and let the court decide. Since you give no details exactly how Lowe’s has violated the state law, I would have to assume that they are compliant.

Sean W

The notion that the biggest, most prosperous businesses are somehow immune from regulatory oversight is simply ludicrous. These powerful megacorps are just as susceptible to labor violations as their small and mid-sized counterparts.

Good luck in Court.

@PCFL1592

No court for me.... New Jersey state law violation. NJState vs Lowe’s

@Sean W

Or hopefully corporate Lowe’s tight up policy to existing New Jersey state law.

View more comments (6)
Reason of review
Lowe’s policy and whether the violated Nj law..Home Improvement Practice Regulations found in the New Jersey Administrative Code at N.J.A.C. 13:45A-16.1 et seq.
Loss

Lowes - Indifferent, unhelpful, unknowledgeable sales person

2.8
Went to my "favorite" Lowes, in Gloucester, VA, near my home, last Saurday afternoon, 9/8/2018, to buy a new freezer. After locating a sales person (young lady), I explained that our old freezer died the night before and we needed an immediate replacement. After selecting the model we wanted, she "checked her computer" and said it showed one in stock; however, she did not trust it and would go in the back and check. When she returned, she said they did NOT have that freezer in stock but could get us one in about seven days. I explained, again, we needed a freezer immediately to avoid losing everything in our old freezer and asked if they would sell me the display model, even though it had a few dings on it, it was new. She said definately not, the "big boss" would not consider selling a display because they would have to discount it because of the dings. She would not ask the "big boss" about selling the display model or call them out for a conversation with me. We selected another, largeer model freezer and went through the same experience, our computer shows we have two in stock but I will go in back and check, then, none in stock but can have one in about seven days. I have bought a lot of items from Lowes over the years and was staning in the store, cash in hand and needing a new freezer, and didn't get one. If this employee worked for me, she would be fired!! Absolutely no help and not willing to try to make something work for me. I will avoid Lowes in the future, if at all possible.

Couple things.. First, the employees work for their bosses.

Not the customers. So even though you want her to break the rules she cannot because she will get in trouble with her employer. The company makes the rules. Not her and not you.

Second, because she verified that there were actually zero on hand in the store you would fire her?? She should have checked another store but she cannot make the items magically appear.

#1562087

It is not store policy to sell displays. Until recently, Lowe’s was fairly lenient on bending that policy.

Now there is a new Board of Directors in place and the policy is strictly in place. I happen to agree with the policy, it makes good business sense on many levels, of which I will not get into detail on here. It keeps overall costs down which gets passed on to the consumer. The associate did as she should have.

The only additional thing she could have done is to check the inventory at near by stores and direct you to them. Certainly you would not want the Associate to jeopardize her job because of your unfortunate dilemma?

Machele

You should have talked to the store manager or even another, more capable employee in that department. Just taking the word of someone with apparent lack of knowledge does you no good.

@Machele

Requested meeting/conversation with the "big boss" and got blown off. I don't have time for games and bad attitudes.

Went to Sears and bought a brand new Kenmore freezer and a five year service contract, with a lot more personality, help and good will. I am EXTREMELY disappointed in Lowes; I think I will surrender my Lowes loyalty card!!!!

@FlashyRiverTurtle418

you're going to let 1 bad experience affect you? You said she was indifferent..

I'm sure if your experience was ""THAT"" bad you would have demanded a manager.

That's why they have customer service in the store. Sounds like you saved lowes a bad customer.

@AnonPerson

“Sounds like you saved lowes a bad customer.“ I agree.

View more comments (5)
Lowes Sales Representative
Pros
  • Location
Cons
  • Lack of help by sales staff
Tags
  • No Help From Sales Employees

Lowes in Streetsboro, Ohio - Arrogant salesman

1.8
Went to Lowe’s to ask about getting an estimate on window replacements and a new front door. Set up the in home visit. Email mailed the salesman 4 days before the visit and told him we were only interested in the front door since we decide to go with another company for the windows. He comes out and the first thing he says is “ I just got your email and just so you know I do not normally come out for just a front door”. We go through what door we want and tell him we will be making a decision in few days. Two days later I email and call him leaving a voicemail telling him we are ready to purchase the new front door with side lights and trim. Not one response back. We have heard nothing. Back to square one as I will not buy a door from Lowe’s if this is their response. Obviously they do not need a sale that bad. Front doors are not cheap.
Poor customer service

Lowes - Very dissappointed!

I have multiple instances in the last few months at the Jonesboro location. One evening I witnessed a elderly couple loading house blocks on a cart, which took both of them to pick up one. While two lowes employees stood at the end of the isle and watched. I stopped and loaded the rest of the blocks for them, and waited and loaded them in their truck, since apparently the guys working there weren't going to help them. Last week went and ask for 16 sheets of Osb. The sales associate asked another employee to get them and he showed a very bad additive about it. He brought the Osb out on a fork lift. Then tried to tell me the sheets would not fit on my trailer. Anouther employee and my self told him it would fit just have to hand load them. He got on the forklift and tilted the forks and dumped all 16 sheets on to the trailer,some went in the trailer, some did not, breaking 2 of them, and not saying a word drove back into the building. Bought a washer and dryer this weekend, the sales associate in the department was huffy because we ask for some assistance and apparently it interfered with what ever else she had going on. Picked the washer and dryer up next day, the ask my plywood dumper to go get it ,it seem to upset him. He rolled it up front on a dolly and turned around and left, they called him back to bring it out and load it, He rolled to my truck in the loading area, and told me he wasn't a loader. I had to go back in and ask for assistance. Will NEVER shop at lowes in Jonesboro Arkansas again Will drive the extra 5 minutes and pay more at their competitors. I have never had or witnessed bad service there.

Lowe's is a self service home improvement center, always has been. So how much help do you expect them to give?

That's how they are able to have lower prices. If you don't specifically ask for help, they aren't going to help you.

They and Home depot have driven all of the full service home improvement store out of existence because people like you are only interested in cheap, cheap, cheap. Don't blame Lowe's for basically giving the consumer what they asked for.

Lowes - Horrible customer service

Several weeks ago I went on-line to find a shower enclosure and door for my spare bathroom. The website gave me a two week delivery time, but then went to the store as sometimes the websites are not updated. I spoke to a salesperson in plumbing who told me that the unit is sold as a 4 piece assembly, but also as individual pieces. I asked the salesperson if she could double check for me. I was told I needed to do that myself. After much discussion, she finally agreed to walk around to find them. Parts were in stock, and I placed an order and paid for all 4 pieces and a shower door. Then it all went from bad to worse. Went home and read reviews on the shower door and they were horrible, so I went to the store to cancel it and get another one. At 5:30 on a Saturday night, I was told that there were no salespeople to help me, because they all left a 5:00, and I should come back the next day! Came back the next day to cancel the shower door, and was told that I couldn’t cancel the door, until it was picked for delivery (how dumb is that). I found a shower door I liked, but the door was not in stock in the store a mile from my house, but was in stock in a store 35 miles away. AND, they don’t do store to store transfers. So I could either, order the door online and hope that they would pull the door before someone else ordered it (they only showed 2 in stock) or drive 35 miles to the store and then pay an $85 or more delivery charge. My solution , which is what I should have done in the first place, was go across the street and order a beautiful door from Home Depot. Customer service could not have been better. I carried the small pieces home, and made arrangements for the door to be picked. When my contractor went to Home Depot to pick up the door a week later, it was right up front waiting for him. A sales associate helped carry it to the van. Total time approximately 10-15 minutes. He then went to Lowes, and waited over an hour for someone to actually find the four pieces, then find someone to pull them from the back of the store and carry them to the van. Halfway through the install, he discovered that they gave him the wrong side panels. So back to Lowes, carrying the wrong panels, getting a refund from rude, non-caring, customer service personal, finding a sales associate to find the right pieces, and paying for the correct parts to yet another rude, and uncaring cashier. I am done with Lowes; I will never shop in the store again. I have cut up my credit card and in the future will do all my shopping at Home Depot .No wonder Lowes store is always empty. At Home Depot you are lucky to find a parking space. Regards, A new and loyal Home Depot customer

Yeah Lowe's vs Home Depot is *** people. They both suck equally. Sometimes one or the other luck out.

These Lowe’s vs. Home Depot - Home Depot vs. Lowe’s complaints are so contrived.

View more comments (1)
Poor customer service

Lowes in Butler, New Jersey - I got conflicting information from 3 salespeople including the manager

This is regarding a screen door that I intend to install myself. I spent 1 hour with a salesman who told me I could order the item online for $20 less than in the store and have it shipped to my local store to pick up free of delivery charge in Butler NJ. He printed out all the information. Online it said it was not available at my local store. I called the store 7 times and was cut off or hung up on. one saleslady told me I could get the delivery charge refunded. when I called the manager told me that was not true. I would have to pay a delivery charge. i'll be shopping at Home Depot now.
Lowes Sales Representative
Cons
  • Inaccurate info
  • Rude manager
  • Phone call dropped 7 times
Loss
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Lowes Reviews

Lowes reviews

Lowes in Yuba City, California - Terrible customer service

4.0
Went to the Yuba City Ca. Store today around 3:30pm to pick-up some parts to repair my home irrigation system and was in the aisle trying to determine what fittings I needed , a sale associate walked past me no hello or do you need help so I continued to look for my fittings still no can I help you he grabbed a ladder moving it by my side went up it and got a couple merchandise boxes and started putting them on the shelf still no can I help you so Ilooked a little longer and could not find what I needed so I asked him if the item was still made and he said NO make your own. Well as this item is an item that I know is used quite a bit I did not believe it was no longer available so I put the fittings back and left and drove across the street to Home Depot and purchased my fittings, they had all of them including the one the lowes rep said they were not available. This man was so uninterested in doing his job and looked angry just being there I thought you should know. I did not get his name but he was thin, 6’, Caucasian, with tattoos on his arms. I only spent around 8 dollars this time but I will be building fences at my home 84’ in fact and I will be purchasing that material at Home Depot even thoughI had planned to purchase it at lowes. Sorry but I do not have to put up with that type of attitude.

Lowe's is a self service home improvement store. That's how they can charge less for their products than the full service stores that went out of business because people only want to save a few bucks and don't actually care about getting service or not.

This has been going on for 40 years and it is only going to get worse with all the internet shopping going on.

Unfortunately the stores that have the people and are willing to provide actual customer service are all gone now. So deal with it.

@Anonymous

Lowes is most definitely not a self service home improvement store that is why there are employees on the sales floor to assist customers. You should really get your facts together before you make stupid comments, oh wait you are anonymous you think you can say whatever you want. Sad!!!!

@Anonymous

The employees are there to put freight away. Lowe's doesn't want knowledge on the floor, they want you to do your own research using their stunning website.

View more comments (2)
Review
#1271972 Review #1271972 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Sales Representative
Cons
  • Customer service employee
Tags