Product: Lowes Sales Representative Rating: 3 Stars Clear all filters (5 of 40 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Product:
Rating:

Lowes - Indifferent, unhelpful, unknowledgeable sales person

2.8
Went to my "favorite" Lowes, in Gloucester, VA, near my home, last Saurday afternoon, 9/8/2018, to buy a new freezer. After locating a sales person (young lady), I explained that our old freezer died the night before and we needed an immediate replacement. After selecting the model we wanted, she "checked her computer" and said it showed one in stock; however, she did not trust it and would go in the back and check. When she returned, she said they did NOT have that freezer in stock but could get us one in about seven days. I explained, again, we needed a freezer immediately to avoid losing everything in our old freezer and asked if they would sell me the display model, even though it had a few dings on it, it was new. She said definately not, the "big boss" would not consider selling a display because they would have to discount it because of the dings. She would not ask the "big boss" about selling the display model or call them out for a conversation with me. We selected another, largeer model freezer and went through the same experience, our computer shows we have two in stock but I will go in back and check, then, none in stock but can have one in about seven days. I have bought a lot of items from Lowes over the years and was staning in the store, cash in hand and needing a new freezer, and didn't get one. If this employee worked for me, she would be fired!! Absolutely no help and not willing to try to make something work for me. I will avoid Lowes in the future, if at all possible.

Couple things.. First, the employees work for their bosses.

Not the customers. So even though you want her to break the rules she cannot because she will get in trouble with her employer. The company makes the rules. Not her and not you.

Second, because she verified that there were actually zero on hand in the store you would fire her?? She should have checked another store but she cannot make the items magically appear.

#1562087

It is not store policy to sell displays. Until recently, Lowe’s was fairly lenient on bending that policy.

Now there is a new Board of Directors in place and the policy is strictly in place. I happen to agree with the policy, it makes good business sense on many levels, of which I will not get into detail on here. It keeps overall costs down which gets passed on to the consumer. The associate did as she should have.

The only additional thing she could have done is to check the inventory at near by stores and direct you to them. Certainly you would not want the Associate to jeopardize her job because of your unfortunate dilemma?

h.kitchener

You should have talked to the store manager or even another, more capable employee in that department. Just taking the word of someone with apparent lack of knowledge does you no good.

@h.kitchener

Requested meeting/conversation with the "big boss" and got blown off. I don't have time for games and bad attitudes.

Went to Sears and bought a brand new Kenmore freezer and a five year service contract, with a lot more personality, help and good will. I am EXTREMELY disappointed in Lowes; I think I will surrender my Lowes loyalty card!!!!

@FlashyRiverTurtle418

you're going to let 1 bad experience affect you? You said she was indifferent..

I'm sure if your experience was ""THAT"" bad you would have demanded a manager.

That's why they have customer service in the store. Sounds like you saved lowes a bad customer.

@AnonPerson

“Sounds like you saved lowes a bad customer.“ I agree.

View more comments (5)
Lowes Sales Representative
Pros
  • Location
Cons
  • Lack of help by sales staff
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • No Help From Sales Employees

Lowes - Poor customer service in the appliance department

2.6
Today I was shopping for new appliances. No one ever came to ask me if they could help me. I went to the customer desk in appliances twice during my visit were to gentleman were standing and talking. One of the sales associate was helping a customer the other one was just there. Never once did they come over to talk to me about appliances. While I was looking at appliances the one sales associate helped two other customers but never came and asked me if he could help me. When I went to the customer desk the second time one of the men actually rolled his eyes at me. I left the store without making a purchase. I went to Home Depot where I Recieved excellent service and made my $6000 purchase there.
Lowes Sales Representative
Cons
  • Customer service

Lowes in Roanoke, Virginia - Customer service

2.7
Had to run around store looking for help, mentioned to sales associate that some items were not priced, his response was, we don't have time for that!

Lowes - Lied about washer

2.5
Purchased a washer on a saturday, was told it would be in "in a couple of days". Went in on wednesday to find out when it would be in, because I wasnt getting any answers on the phone, was told it wouldnt be in until the following Monday. NOT happy! Basically we were lied to , in order for the sales associate to make the sale, he knew we'd go somewhere else if he were honest about when it would come in. Meanwhile, laundreys piling up, but thats not the salesmans concern I guess. Lowes needs to hire more honest sales associates. I will not be shopping there ever again.
Lowes Sales Representative
Cons
  • Dishonest customer service
  • Lies about timeline
  • Dishonesty
Loss

Lowes - Garage Door And Storm Door Review

2.9
My wife and I went into Mt. Pocono Lowes to order a storm door and garage door. From the first moment I knew this was a mistake when the sales person charged us for a higher priced door and printed an invoice for a cheaper door. After we thought we corrected that issue, it took three weeks of calling Lowes to get an installation date and we got the run around. Then the installer installed the wrong door and ran out of trim. Again Lowes gave us the run around and would not admit to an error in ordering the wrong door. Even the installer said his paperwork from Lowes was different from our paid receipt. This whole ordeal was not worth dealing with incompetence even at the upper management level. We will not even but a screw from Lowes. The agrivation was too much anxiety and no one would take responsibility. Buyer beware!!

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111