This letter is to complain about service I recently received from a Lowes sales representative. I am a young woman from an Asian descent with an accent. I have lived in the United States for 20 years and I have never felt so discriminated against until this incident. I visited Lowes at 2403 Virginia Beach Boulevard, Virginia Beach, VA 23454, Store #1546 at around 12:00 pm on April 18, 2014 to purchase several items. After waiting approximately 15-20 minutes to get assistance from an associate in the Appliance Department, A representative appeared from the hallway. He proceeded to show us the washer and dryer we were interested in purchasing. Although he appeared to be knowledgeable about the product in question, he was very unpleasant from the very beginning. He was also condescending, discriminatory, and disrespectful during the entire process. Whenever I posed a question, he appeared to be frustrated, raised his tone, pounded on machines around him and spoke to me in an intimidating manner. I came prepared with several print outs of various items I was interested in purchasing. I had questions and offered to show them but he repeatedly dismissed my inquiry and instead, he lost his composure and spoke to me in such an unprofessional manner that I had no other choice but to point out his lack of professionalism and inappropriate behavior. Instead of extending an apology, this associate simply pounded on the washing machine and stated “let me know if you have a question” and walked away. Again, instead of serving a customer, he left and stood by the cash register while glaring at us as we walked away.

I expected a much higher level of service from your company, and I am quite disappointed. Because I do not want to spend any more time on this problem, I did not pursue the planned purchases at Lowes to furnish a kitchen, laundry room, bathroom, and window treatment. I will be informing my friends and family about this experience and I will be taking my business elsewhere. I also have reported this to the assistant manager and the executive dept. immediately after the incident. But given the grave impact this experience had on me and possibly on many other potential customers, I believe this issue needs to be known to other unsuspecting Lowes shoppers.

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service at Lowes. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Lowes to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Lowes and lowes sales representative for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

Pahrump, Nevada, United States #933468

Kind of hard to believe that a sales person would pound his fist on his own product.

Are you perhaps a person who comes in with a stack of print outs on multiple products and doesn't let the sales person finish answering one question before you start asking the next? That tends to frustrate sales people because you are wasting their time by not listening to them answer the questions you ask.

Has nothing to do with gender, race color of your hair or anything other than the fact they aren't being listened to.

This happened 8 months ago. are you aware that salesmen can be rude without it being discrimination?