Promised an in-store rebate to have a dishwasher delivered, Lowes in Oaks, PA, will not honor the $75.00 rebate because we also had the dishwasher installed. They claim that it was not delivered, it was installed, a seperate and additional charge (which we also paid).

The sales manager told me the dishwasher met rebate qualifications and the rebate form was printed out at the register.

When we stopped payment on the check, the bank clerk remarked, "They won't give you the gift card will they?" We asked if this happens often and they stated that they can not say.

Review about: Lowes Gift Card.

Comments

Sayreville, New Jersey, United States #704940

My contact info is below. I'm bringing claims.

Jos. Santoli, Esq

I purchased a $1,200 Kitchenaid Dishwasher online on June 29, 2012. Right under the "Add to Cart" buttom, it stated a rebate was available.

After I paid for the diswasher, I was taken to another screen that said the rebate program was called the "KitchenAid Major Appliance $300-$400 Rebate" and offered me a convenient area to download the form. I immediately downloaded the rebate form and filed it online. Unfortunately, I just received a letter saying I don't qualify for any rebate because I didn't purchase 3 appliances at the same time. MISLEADING!!!

This was stated nowhere during any part of the purchase or rebate process. I even read the Terms of Offere where it states "Consumer may choose one model per appliance type up to a maximum of 4 models, with a maximum rebate of $400 per household." It says nothing about a minimum.

WHAT A SCAM! I would have purchased a cheaper dishwasher!

Joseph Santoli, Esq.

Lowes has a history of this. If it happened to you call my cell at 201-926-9200 or email me at jsantoli@santolilaw.com with your tel no and details.

We are bringing claims to get scustomers their money back.

Jos. Santoli, Esq.

That happened to us as well. Even though we paid almost $1000 for a dishwasher there, they said we can not get the $150 back for the rebate that we filled. I am very upset about that.

I had to comment to upset, if your receipt show that you paid for a delivery, it will state right on the reciept, "delivery", right beside the number 2. Then you are able to get the rebate and I as a manager would make the call to the rebate center after you received your letter denying your claim.

to help you get your money.

BUT, if you did not pay for a delivery, please respond, why would you expect to get moneys for something you did not pay for. Please respond, I would like to know what are consumers are or are not thinking

I love the people who come into the store 2 months after their purchase and say " I didn't get my rebate and they show us the rebate receipt. We ask did you mail it in?

"NO". and they still want us to give them money for their *** mistakes.

What do they expect. For the retailers to always pay for their stupidity.

And most people on this forum do even read the rebates. Their just to lazy to do the work.

to robusto Charlotte, North Carolina, United States #704932

Thanks for your reply. I will keep your post in mind when I think about going in lowes.

And they do have competition.

People like you make us shop with your competition. Hope you don't get down sized because of slow business.

Working @ Lowes, if you have the dishwasher installed they actually don't charge you to have it delivered so you wouldn't qualify for the free delivery. The free delivery rebate prints out automatically if your applaince is above $397.

The only rebate you may have qualified for was free installation if the dishwasher was above $497. This is a totally separate rebate and at the rebate center we can correct that for you if it happens.

Corinda, Queensland, Australia #25051

Well, Mr. Lowes Knows, you popped up here, too.

C'mon, now, we @ Lowes you are a little slow and can only write that one little lowes lawsuits line, but step up, try real hard, and think up a complete sentence here.

Or maybe you cannot defend yourself in this forum..... Maybe you were one of the terminated Lowes "do nothing" associates and you too feel like venting with your all too stale lawsuits line......

Ealing, England, United Kingdom #24682

www.lowes-lawsuis.com

Ivoryton, Connecticut, United States #24006

Hey, "upset customer" do you also want someone from here @ Lowes to come over and wash the dishes for you, too? These posts from you guys are getting ridiculous!

Like I said before to CMiller Now read CAREFULLY HERE.... THE $140 INSTALL PRICE INCLUDES THE DELIVERY... THE ***** DELIVERY FEE WAS NEVER CHARGED TO YOU!!! HOW DO YOU WANT OR EXPECT TO GET A REBATE ON SOMETHING YOU DID NOT EVEN PAY FOR!!!!

The dishwasher was delivered, installed, you paid no sales tax, and the old one was hauled away Yes, the receipt prints out a rebate... It's a *** cash register! It even prints out the delivery rebate if you buy something, know it can be delivered, and opt to take it and have us load it up in your usually way too small SUV.

There is NO WAY for us, as humans, to reprogram the register to not print that rebate slip. :(

Timberwood Park, Texas, United States #22304

I have to agree with Cmiller. The same thing happened to us.

When you are promised something, the store should deliver. Ours was for free delivery, installation and haul away for dishwashers over a certain amount. The rebate form printed out.

Now we are told that the model we bought does not qualify. The rebate offer says it does.

Asuncion, Nueva Asuncion, Paraguay #17762

Mr. Miller, you say you had the dishwasher installed by Lowe's, correct?

In our Lowes, that $140 D/W install fee INCLUDES the delivery by the installer, the installation, AND the haul-away of the old unit! Plus, if your area is like ours, there was also NO SALES TAX charged if you had the install arranged through the store!! The delivery fee only applies if you have the store deliver it, drop it off (with NO INSTALL NO HAUL AWAY of the old dishwasher).

So, you actually came out ahead if you ask me. Please read my other posts @ POC Lowes, I just get so tired of dealing with customers such as yourself who try to "work" the system on us, you know what your're doing, and get mad and feel you have to post when you get "outed" in forums such as this.

to retailer4life Jamestown, New York, United States #1155541

Actually he has a point. As far as working the system, are you kidding me?!!

I didn't buy a dishwasher, I bought a dryer and requested interest free payments instead of a percentage off. I was also granted a discount as a sale was occurring and the model wasn't in the store. I made it a point to reiterate the price, discount, extension several times to ensure that it was copacetic.

I received my bill and it was higher and as if I had been talking to myself. I was livid and customer service at corporate level are inept or seemingly ignorant/apathetic.

The store personnel were more helpful.

It took close to two plus weeks to clear up. It shouldn't have happened in the first place.

Independence, Virginia, United States #16222

Paint rebates are also scams. Their rebate applies to qualifying items but their is no way to determine what is and is not a qualifying item; the store can't even tell.

The advertised brand and type are not enough information. You are a fool to believe anything that they say.