Product: Lowes Shopping Advertisement Clear all filters (3 of 3 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes - Lowe's Bait & Switch Advertising

1.5
Advertising Sale Price for Blinds: main page displays allan roth Light Filtering 24"x 36" shades at 30% off for $39.19. When you click on the picture the shade price still advertises $30.19. When you click on customize and buy, the price changes to $85.38 per shade. I called Lowe's and was told to "drill down" into the shopping process to find the shade size that matches the advertised price of $30.19. That shade size in 9"x12". This is a clear bait and switch. The main page advertises 24"x 36" allen roth light filtering shades as $39.19 ea but the actual check out price is $85.38 ea for that size. After doing two home remodels and all of my appliance purchases at Lowe's I've seen their customer service and advertising tactics decline in recent years. Time to take my business elsewhere.

Blinds are always advertised for the smallest available size. Do you think anyone would be attracted to the sale if they advertised the largest size available when their competitors advertise the smallest?

These advertisements are not created in a vacuum people! These people know the laws and abide by them pretty well.

If they didn't they would be shut down by the legal system pretty quickly. A mis-understanding by you is not a bait & switch tactic by Lowe's.

@Anonymous

If the price is for the smallest size blind, that is the size they should list as well.

@Anonymous

Legal and ethical are not the same thing. Their advertising tactics are, by definition, are a bait and switch maneuver.

Nowhere in the advertisement does it state that the size of the blind connected to the posted sale price is the smallest blind available. In fact, the size posted that is connected to the sale price is a much larger blind. The service person on the phone couldn't even figure out why the pricing didn't match. He was as confused as I until his supervisor explained the "drill down" step that needed to happen.

This predatory sales technique is only changed by challenging the action.

bait-and-switch

noun

the action (*generally illegal*) of advertising goods that are an apparent bargain, with the intention of substituting inferior or more expensive goods.

"a bait-and-switch scheme"

Lowe's knows exactly what they are doing.

View more comments (2)
Lowes Shopping Advertisement
Pros
  • 24 mo interest free payment plan
Cons
  • Bait and switch tactics in online price advertising
Pricing issue

LOWES DON'T KNOWS

2.6
LOWES DON'T KNOWS
On Nov. 30 I did a search for and electric meat smoker. The browser came up with several. One at Lowe.s was marked $79.00, 51% off. So I go to order it and the price when ordering was $169.00. quite a difference. I called lowes and talked to a Hay;den. He just said it i s $169.00 and completely ignored that it was advertised at 79. he hung up on me. SO I went back and searched again and there it w as at $79. so I called back and got a Ryan this time. He said he would check. After keeping me on the phone he comes up with an charcoal smoker for $78. I told him that was not t he smoker and gave him the model number JMSS. Made by Masterbuilt. SO again I am put on hold. After waiting for a half an hour he comes back and says it is $169.00. Now I am upset so I explained to him I had ordered a stove from Lowes and it took 6 communications with them to get the right price on that. He abruptly hung up on me.
Lowes Shopping Advertisement
Cons
  • Wasting my time trying to spend 80 dollars
Pricing issue
Loss
Tags
  • Lowes terrible customer service

Lowes in Hamilton, Ontario - Angry about FALSE Advertisements on THEIR Website

I have to tell everyone with my experience with Lowes. I bought a Halloween decoration that was 119.99 for 19.99 and ordered 3 of this item. I received a confirmation for the items to be picked up. 3 hours later I received another email cancelling my order. When I called Lowes to find out what was up, they told me they cancelled the order due to advertising at the incorrect price. After discussing that it isn't my problem that their web guy screwed up the pricing and they SHOULD do the right thing and give me the items at what I ordered them at, they refused. GUESS WHAT LOWES, When we renovate our house this spring we wont even be purchasing a screw from you.

Lowes advertises false prices. Will not purchase from Lowes.

Boo hoo!

anonymous said - "GUESS WHAT LOWES, When we renovate our house this spring we wont even be purchasing a screw from you."

Good! Stay away, Lowe's is in business to make profit. If you want these deep discounts, there is no difference if you buy from them or not!

State laws in every state say any retailer has the right to correct ANY price at the point of purchase. Why?

Because scam artists like you have been switching prices for years. They have every right to correct an incorrect advertised price at any time.

Wow! Another perfect person.

Can you actually say you have never made a mistake in your life? Someone made a mistake and they corrected it. You have no right to profit from another human beings error.

I'd be willing to bet that if the price was listed at $119 and they canceled your order and said the price was wrong, you can re-order at $19 you wouldn't be demanding they charge you $119. Perhaps you SHOULD do the right thing and realize that most humans are not as perfect as you are and not try and make a buck of someones error.

View more comments (4)
Review
#932040 Review #932040 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Shopping Advertisement
Pros
  • Item i tried to purchase
Cons
  • Not being honorable in business and promises
Order processing issue
Loss
Tags
  • Price Fraud

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111