Product: Lowes Siding Installation Clear all filters (4 of 12 reviews match)
filters
Product:

Lowes in District 7, Tennessee - Lowe's Insulated Vinyl Siding Install

2.6
Lowes - Lowe's Insulated Vinyl Siding Install
contract dated July 2018. Lowe's contract for $11,985.36 Remove old siding replace with insulated vinyl siding. P. Brown, Lowe's salesperson, said we need build out windows and doors also. The install contractor was out of Florida, job is in Tennessee. On one side house the vinyl siding cut short and don't fit up against joining siding. See picture. Same side house during hard wind storms the siding moves like a wave. Siding cut short only touches J channel on ends. Before long siding will be blown out of J-channel and off side house. All this for $11,985.36 Phillip Brown promised when I signed contract he would supervise and inspect installation during install. Phillip Brown was at house twice during install. Day install started for approximately 5 minutes because 2 different colors siding shipped. He came by another day measure for gutter install. He has promised numerous times come and inspect install, to my knowledge he has not been here. Lowe's has refused have short pieces replaced and check see vinyl properly nailed. You be the judge see picture where siding is not fitted together.

Lowes - Horrific!
I have enjoyed shopping at Lowe's for years and have spent over $35,000 in their store totally remodeling an entire house ad yard! I recently hired their professional services to do siding and they sent one person in winter to do the whole thing. There are so many quality issues I can't even begin, then instead of siding under some windows they put aluminum with NO J Track or something and when a large rain came the kitchen ceiling flooded and caved in! I have been calling and dealing with their customer service and insurance people and NOT ONE CALL OR EMAIL BACK ever! It's just horrific! STAY AWAY Wtf

I have problems with my siding installation and Lowes has not been any help in correcting the problems. I have sent pictures of siding falling off but Lowes says it is only guarented for a year.

It's been less than four years. So much for Lowes standing behind their products. Hire a local contractor instead.

Lowes will not help you with any problems, even if the installation was not done properly. They don't even do an inspection after the job is done.

h.kitchener

Get a free consult from an attorney with the aim of suing Lowe's. The main lesson from your experience is that people should never have repairs/work like you had done by one of the big box retailers.

They hire who-know-who as contractors for the job and then when problems arise Lowe's blames the contractor and vice-versa. See an attorney.

View more comments (1)

LOWES IS NIGHTMARE
1/16/2018 order siding, gutters and a new exterior door. Siding has been a nightmare. It's not a good job at all. I was told that new homes were easy but old homes like ours was too hard and not worth it. Brand new flood light was shorted out. Not sure if he shorted out the light itself or in the wall. The outside electrical outlet he said was too big and they couldn't wrap it. There are a couple of areas that do not match properly. But the worse part is that the installers have destroyed the metal runners for 4 of my windows. I now have water leaking into the walls when it rains. We have been told these were going to be fixed. They do not call us to set up time to come out. We find out by calling Lowes. So we sit home waiting and they never show. Today was one of those days. I called again and they said the installer will be out to fix my windows on Saturday. I informed them they need to be calling us. We have plans out of town this Saturday that can not be broken. On top of this. The door that was also ordered. Here it is 4/11/2018 and our door is still not installed. Almost three weeks ago they finally after many calls, brought my door out. It didn't fit. So was suppose to reorder it. I found out just this past monday because no one had called with a date to install the door. They had never reordered it. So now it's suppose to be in 4/16/2018. Then they would set up a time to come and install. Over three months to get one exterior door installed. My advice to anyone thinking about using Lowes for any projects. DO NOT DO IT. PS: Lowes Home Office and customer service personal are really good at saying they have never gotten any calls from me about problems that we are having. Below are just a few of the pictures I have. Seems that I had too many pictures to upload others.

We are living this nightmare right now.

Lowes in North Canton, Ohio - Siding installation

2.1
Lowes - Siding installation
Ordered siding through Lowe’s installation in June of 2016. Also ordered gutters and a deck to be installed. Deck was finally installed beginning of September 2016 because the installer for that was tired of waiting for the siding to get done. Mind you, we’ve been calling every week or so starting in August to find out when we were going to get our siding that was supposed to be installed in July. Every time we called they would tell us the siding installer should be there on such-in-such date. Every time the installer didn’t show. No siding was ever even delivered to our home until December of 2016, and it wasn’t installed until January of 2017. 7 months of a siding install and they do it in the middle of winter. Needless to say, the job was horrendous. When spring came, it was obvious just how bad it was—crooked and not level siding, warped siding, siding falling off when it rained (not a huge storm, just rain), and damage to our chimney which led to water damage in one room of our home. We contacted Lowe’s immediately. This was spring on 2017. It wasn’t fixed until March of 2018. Almost 2 years after the initial order and we are still dealing with this! They offered us $1000 in compensation, that’s it, for a $20000 job it took them 2 years to complete to our “satisfaction “. The exact words from the supposed head of the complaint department, Sayquan, were “You said yourself you were satisfied with the work”. We see our lawyer next week.

Lowes has absolutely NO control over their subcontractors. I learned the hard way that you should NEVER pay for the complete job to include the labor before the job is done.

Hire a local company to do the work and then you only pay when the job is complete .At Lowes you pay for the whole job labor and all and then have no recourse if the subcontractor does not complete the job correctly.Your screwed unless the contractor comes back, as Lowes cannot make them do anything.NEVER have Lowes install anything ! !

! !

@David

We got an exorbitant quote from them to install Hardie siding. I called the woman who scheduled the appointment and asked if Lowe’s sold Hardie siding.

She said they did. I told her I was not happy with the quote. She said you could buy the material from Lowe’s and have a third party install. They will come and measure.

I said your man has measured already. She said we don’t share our measurements with that Dept.

WTFSo Lowe’s has no control over installers. Can’t even get measurements from them.Avoid them!

View more comments (1)
Order processing issue

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111