This letter was sent on July 9th to Mr. Niblock, President & CEO of Lowe’s. Dear Mr. Niblock, I am having a problem with Lowe’s of Hamilton, NJ, Store# 1046 since May 20, 2015 regarding a wrong Stain Master carpet that was installed. I have been trying to resolve the problem with Bryan from installation department at Lowe’s since the carpet was installed. Bryan came in on the day the installers were here. When they brought the carpet in I told Bryan that’s not the carpet that I ordered, (Style 2621 Shafer Valley ,Color 107 Weathered which I had a sample that was sent to me before I ordered the carpet from Dixie Group ,packing slip enclosed). Dixie Group first denied that they sent me a sample. This carpet that I purchased the pile is thick & high, the twisted tugs are close together perfect. Received a cheaper substitute carpet, flat not high like the sample, weaves not tight. Told Bryan while he was here I don’t want this carpet take it out, he told me have it installed that he will have it replaced. He agreed with me that is not the same carpet mine is supposed to be more plush. Should not have listen to him. That was plain ***. I called Bryan at Lowe’s on May 21, 2015 and told him I hate this carpet and I should have never listened to him to have it installed... Told him the installers had problem to seem the carpet in two areas. I called Dixie Group myself on 5/26/2015 about the wrong carpet I was told that they will take care as soon as possible after Bryan files a report of wrong delivery. I text Bryan and re-laid the message on 5/26/15. I also text him from Dixie Group by laws under customer “They also deserve & need to know that we keep our promises” I read all 6 pages. On May 27, 2015 Bryan came in and picked up a piece of the carpet to send to Dixie Group. Dixie denied the claim stating is up to spec. How can it be up to spec if it is not the same carpet that I ordered? I text Bryan on 6/15/2015 and told him I have been waiting for a resolution while most of my furniture is in the sun room & other rooms. I also told him that 4th of July weekend my grandchildren are sleeping over, but I don’t have the bed because I put a hold on it from been delivered until the carpet is replaced. He ruined the 4th of July did not have the bed & the room that has a bed has all the stuff from bedroom, living room, dresser drawers. My grandchildren did not sleep over. I ordered the carpet for the bedroom, hallway and the living room. My house is in disarray waiting for the replacement carpet.

I text Bryan & said “today is 6/15/2015 & I am giving you until 6/22/15 to correct it. If you can’t replace it with what I purchased by 6/22/15 then I want my money back & this carpet removed by Monday 6/22/15 by 5pm. If not corrected by deadline I will contact Better Business Bureau & Consumer Affairs & will write letter to the editors of the 2 local newspapers, last will contact my lawyer.”

June 17th, 2015 Bryan called me to come to the store & pick out a new carpet and to make sure is not from Dixie Group. I went that evening and picked out SOS SUPREME DELIGHT III, Color # 276 Cedar Chest, same price @ $3.98 per square feet as the one I purchased in March 15, 2015 and I paid $3,109.58. On 6/17/2015 Bryan came to my house for me to sign a form to make sure that is the carpet I have chosen. He told me probably 10 days will be in. On 6/30 called Bryan to check he said the carpet should be in by Friday then he will set up installation. On 7/2/15 Bryan called me stating that there is a price difference and that I own $454.11 plus tax I was disputing is the same price as the my first order. He said I have to call INVISTA @ 1-877-762-4911 Claim# 71633 & talk to Megan or Vladimir. Josh answered the call told me he will e-mail a form for my credit card & fax it back. First I was going to pay it just to get my house in order. I told him I will go to Staples & fax it back, because the carpet was never ordered yet & they won’t order until they get the money & it was Thursday 2nd he told me it is almost 4 o’clock & they won’t be back until Tuesday. I called Bryan & told him. They never email the form. I called my friend which is a prosecutor lawyer & was told not to pay it. First because both carpets were the same price per sq feet and that I have a contract with Lowe’s not with the other people. Technically I should not even be talking to them & sending them money it’s Lowe’s problem not mine they have to handle it. The lawyer advised to contact Consumer Affairs that something is definitely wrong. On Friday 7/3/15 I text Bryan and explained everything that is in the above paragraph. I called Bryan on 7/8/15 asking what is going on. He said well everything is the same since Thursday when you were going to send the money. I asked if he read the 2 long texts I sent him he said didn’t see them. I told him my phone alerts me when the text go through & when is opened. So I know he got them & read them. Then I told him I am not paying per my friend lawyers advised because they are the same price. He said well if you want to go the legal way he will talk with his people. I told him just get this carpet out of my house & my money back. He told me he will call me by the end of the day. I am a female senior widow and I feel like I am been ignored everything keeps getting postponed and I am been taken advantage of. I have to lift all those drawers out of the dressers again. Everything is all over the other rooms since May 20th. I saved my money to purchase this carpet I live on social security, an old lady it’s been taken advantage of. They hope I give up. I WON’T. Money is very tight for me. On 7/8/15 I called Lowe’s Customer care explained what my problem was and did not want to file a complaint yet because Bryan was going to call me in the afternoon. The young lady said to call back if he does not call me & then we will file the complaint. Was getting late so I text Bryan and told him I contacted customer care but did not file the complaint waiting for his answer. Well he called me within 5 minutes, I asked him so you got my text. He said no phone it is in his office he does not carry it with him. The text went through & was read. So he tells me the person that he has to talk to is out and will be out another 2 days & the other one is also out. I don’t know who they are, was not told. That he will call me when he gets in touch with them. Here we go again. I am been pushed out again waiting since May 20th, 2015 all because Bryan from Lowe’s told me installed it he will replace it.Today is already 7/9/2015 carpet problem is still not solved, I am just been pushed and pushed & ignored. The first weeks in August my 2 grandchildren are spending a week with me, and still do not have any beds and the house is in disarray. It will take me a long time to put everything back were if belongs since I am the only one here and old. Mr. Niblock, please I ask you for your help as soon as possible to close this nightmare I am living in. This is the first time I purchased a carpet in Lowe’s and I told Bryan and will be my last. That is not a way to run a business.

2nd letter sent to Mr Niblock on 9/7/2015. This is a continuation of letter sent to you on July 9, 2015. Still problems not solved. The replacement carpet finally was installed on July 21, 2015 but not without problems. Pictures enclosed and also Amy that has been handling this account has the rest of the pictures. I had asked Pam from Hunters installation not to send the same installers because they can’t handle it, especially with the carpet seems and I also have a wall unit that was delivered to me a day after the original carpet was installed on May 20, 2015. She sent the same installers. On July 28, 2015 Bryan from Lowe’s and Glen from Hunters came over to see the problem of the carpet were it was cut plus the extra seems. Glen from Hunters stated he will send John the best guy he has to repair it. On August 5, 2015 Pam from Hunters sent Mike over to repair the carpet he took one look and said it cannot be repaired needs to be replaced and he will call Glen he is the owner of Hunters. Bryan from Lowe’s also was here. That afternoon Pam from Hunters called and said that Glen the owner will come over and repaired it. He came tried and finally said that he will have to order the carpet to replace it in the hallway. They did not put the wall unit together the way it should have been. After they put the wall unit together it was very wobbly and leaning to the wall. I mentioned to Amy that I will have to call the furniture store and have the same gentlemen that put it together come back and align the whole thing because I was afraid that it would fall and I didn’t want that to happen when my grandchildren come over. I paid for this carpet on March 15, 2015, $3,107.13 and I had nothing but stress aggravation, inconvenienced for months, many days had to stay home because they were in and out of here since May 20, 2015. Finally the hallway was completed on August 25, 2015. I had told Amy that I want some compensation for all the aggravation, stress many sleepless nights that Lowe’s put me through for all these months they ruined my whole summer. I could not put any of the furniture back; everything was still in the dining room and my sun room. My whole summer was completely ruined and I am totally exhausted. I asked Amy do I talk to her about it or write another letter to Mr. Niblock. She told me I talk to her because she reports directly to you. She said we will discuss this after the carpet issue is completed. She asked me what I wanted I told her I will leave it to her and the company. In the mean time I told her the gentlemen that will come to align the wall unit charges $65.00 per hr and I am waiting for him to call me because he needs another person to lift the top off. She said she will call me on September 1, 2015. She did not call me.

Some guy called me on September 1, 2015 from Headquarters stating Amy asked him to call. He said to me I hear that you want an approval for$ 65.00 I told him no is $65.00 per hr and he said he will need a receipt I told him of course I will speak with Amy.That same day I got a call from Ema from Lowe’s in Hamilton asking me if I want the $65.00 I told her no I will talk to Amy, then she asked me if I want to come and pick up $65.00. Everyone is in such a hurry to close this account, I wonder why, oh yea I know why, not to be sued, it’s all written in the back of the check $485.90 (reimbursement) not a compensation as Amy told me. I called Amy and left a message. Amy finally called me I told her about the calls for $65.00, then she asked me what I wanted for compensation I told her one third of $3,107.13 and I will pay from that amount to have the wall unit align. She said will call me on Saturday 5, 2015. Amy called me on Saturday 5, 2015 and stated that the amount of $485.98 that I received (I NEVER SIGNED IT OR DEPOSITED BECAUSE OF THE WRITING ON THE BACK) , and that Lowe’s had to pay for installation the total comes to a $1000.00 so that is compensation, so the offer is nothing, she said you agree to it. The $ 485.98 was a reimbursement because they would not order the carpet if I would not pay. Amy stated that amount was for carpet upgrade. How in the *** you can say is for the carpet upgrade if I paid original $3.98 square ft and the one I picked out is also $3.98 (pictured enclosed that I took the same day June 17, 2015 the day I had to reorder the carpet). I MADE SURE I PICKED THE SAME PRICE. Amy’s answer was that installation included in this amount. YOU ARE PENALIZING ME FOR WHAT LOWE’S SCREWD UP ON THE ORDER AND I HAVE BEEN PAYING SINCE MAY 20, 2015. I am not responsible for the installation for the replacement carpet that’s Lowe’s problem not mine. If Lowe’s have installed the carpet I ordered in the first place Lowe’s would not have to pay for installation the second time. I deserve the compensation I requested for the *** you guys put me through since May 20, 2015. How dare you use the $485.98 as compensation it was a reimbursement. Hello, same price for both carpets $3.98 per sq ft). What part of $3.98 for first carpet and $3.98 for the correct carpet you just don’t understand. $3.98 is still $3.98 no matter which way you look at it. Apples are apples and oranges are oranges. I told Amy that I will write letters to the 2 local newspapers with my story. This is how you treat a senior widow, taking advantage, you probably don’t care because I am just one little person Lowe’s screwed up I did not. I also will send a letter to New Jersey media that helps people with problems and they run these stories in all the papers and name all the people they talk to. There also social media. I will not give up because you guys made the mistake not me. If I have to I will write an article for the magazines to be published about how a senior widow living on social security was taken advantage by a large corporation when it was Lowe’s mistake not mine. I will send a copy to each woman’s magazines and there are many out there including Reader’s Digest.

Some guy called me on September 1, 2015 from Headquarters stating Amy asked him to call. He said to me I hear that you want an approval for$ 65.00 I told him no is $65.00 per hr and he said he will need a receipt I told him of course I will speak with Amy. That same day I got a call from Ema from Lowe’s in Hamilton asking me if I want the $65.00 I told her no I will talk to Amy, then she asked me if I want to come and pick up $65.00. Everyone is in such a hurry to close this account, I wonder why, oh yea I know why, not to be sued, it’s all written in the back of the check $485.90 (reimbursement) not a compensation as Amy told me. I called Amy and left a message. Amy finally called me I told her about the calls for $65.00, then she asked me what I wanted for compensation I told her one third of $3,107.13 and I will pay from that amount to have the wall unit align. She said will call me on Saturday 5, 2015. Amy called me on Saturday 5, 2015 and stated that the amount of $485.98 that I received (I NEVER SIGNED IT OR DEPOSITED BECAUSE OF THE WRITING ON THE BACK) , and that Lowe’s had to pay for installation the total comes to a $1000.00 so that is compensation, so the offer is nothing, she said you agree to it. The $ 485.98 was a reimbursement because they would not order the carpet if I would not pay. Amy stated that amount was for carpet upgrade. How in the *** you can say is for the carpet upgrade if I paid original $3.98 square ft and the one I picked out is also $3.98 (pictured enclosed that I took the same day June 17, 2015 the day I had to reorder the carpet). I MADE SURE I PICKED THE SAME PRICE. Amy’s answer was that installation included in this amount. YOU ARE PENALIZING ME FOR WHAT LOWE’S SCREWD UP ON THE ORDER AND I HAVE BEEN PAYING SINCE MAY 20, 2015. I am not responsible for the installation for the replacement carpet that’s Lowe’s problem not mine. If Lowe’s have installed the carpet I ordered in the first place Lowe’s would not have to pay for installation the second time. I deserve the compensation I requested for the *** you guys put me through since May 20, 2015. How dare you use the $485.98 as compensation it was a reimbursement. Hello, same price for both carpets $3.98 per sq ft). What part of $3.98 for first carpet and $3.98 for the correct carpet you just don’t understand. $3.98 is still $3.98 no matter which way you look at it. Apples are apples and oranges are oranges. I told Amy that I will write letters to the 2 local newspapers with my story. This is how you treat a senior widow, taking advantage, you probably don’t care because I am just one little person Lowe’s screwed up I did not. I also will send a letter to New Jersey media that helps people with problems and they run these stories in all the papers and name all the people they talk to. There also social media. I will not give up because you guys made the mistake not me. If I have to I will write an article for the magazines to be published about how a senior widow living on social security was taken advantage by a large corporation when it was Lowe’s mistake not mine. I will send a copy to each woman’s magazines and there are many out there including Reader’s Digest.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of stainmaster carpet and associated monetary loss in the amount of $1035. Lowes needs to issue a partial refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned stainmaster carpet in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Lowes.

Comments

Not for nothin, but don't EVER let them install something that is not what you bought.

bobs2015
Saginaw, Michigan, United States #1037503

Why don't you contact an attorney and see if you can sue them? Not sure how you paid for the carpet, but if on a credit card, dispute the charge.