on january 7, 2016 lowes all of a sudden decided to stop accepting egift cards purchased at reputable gift card repurchase sites like raise, cardpool, gift card rescue etc etc leaving thousands of customers with 100's of dollars worth of gift cards that cannot be used and are worthless. Come on lowes, you couldn't let your most dedicated customers at least finish off the gift cards that were already purchased. Pathetic for a multi billion dollar company, back to home depot for me forever.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss order processing issue of lowes gift card. Lowes needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned lowes gift card in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Lowes.

Comments

I got hit with this along with many other victims of Lowes. Lowes still shows a correct amount balance on my "paper" merchandise card but won't let me spend it or convert to a "real" card.

They claim the third party that sold me the (at the time legitimate) paper card is a fault. Lowes claims they did this because of "fraud". I call total BS. Their system would not show this as a legitimate balance if it was "fake".

Maybe they issued merchandise credit for items that were stolen and returned, whatever - NOT MY FAULT.

To me this is clearly fraud - by LOWES! I'm going to the orange store from now on.

They stopped taking them due to a extremely high level of fraud. So many of those ecards are fake.