Ease of Use

Lowe's has made it very difficult to purchase items and return them. I recently worked on a project where we purchased multiple items not sure which we needed.

When we returned unused items with receipts, Lowe's put each item on a separate store credit requiring me to produce my license to do this. I now have 12 Lowe's store credits because they refused to put them on 1 card. When I tried to use these separate store credits to purchase items for a new project, they said they could not honor them without my license. This is outrageous - this allows them to track my purchases and forces me to show my license to clerks!

I complained to Lowe's corporate who said they would "make note of my complaint". I told them I wanted a reply so they had the store manager call me only to be told by manager it was new corporate policy.

Preferred solution: NO MORE ASKING FOR LICENSE TO GET/USE STORE CREDITS! PUT MULTIPLE RETURNS ON SAME STORE CREDIT AS BEFORE. .

I didn't like: Return policy on store credits.

Comments

You are a liar. If you actually had your receipts, they would be able to refund to the original purchase tender.

That is unless your original purchase was with store credits, in which case you are still a liar.

Why are you so unnerved by providing your license in the first place?

You do realize that you are not owed a refund without a receipt in the first place, right? The policy of issuing store credit with a license is a courtesy, NOT an entitlement.