I ordered an exterior door with 'professional' installation. They ordered the wrong door, the installer (Ron Grub) arrived late, unprepared, and left early with job unfinished for first install appt.

Was a no-show no-call for the second appt. Forgot parts on the third install appt, and was late for the fourth (and I hope final) install appt. I've called Lowes for assistance in getting the install completed and they've been of little help. Since I had to pay up front for the whole thing I guess there was no incentive.

I will never do business with the Terre Haute Lowes again.

If you find that you have to and they refer you to Ron Grub as a 'professional' installer, get a prescription for valium because you'll need it.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Installation.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Sep 17, 2008.

Comments

yes, as a Lowe's man, I do have to say that virtually all of our installers fall into this category. I know there are indeed a few good ones out there, but they are indeed few and far between.

And sadly, this is not just a Lowe's problem.

You see, Lowe's, Home depot, and all the others contract out for their installation services, and unfortunately, if these guys were the "cream of the crop", so to speak, they would not have to do install jobs for ANY of the big blue or orange box stores, they would have PLENTY of individual jobs lined up if only from word of mouth. I know as a Lowe's person myself, I would have second thoughts about any of these guys coming into my home, and if you use them, do not be afraid to ask for their credentials when you greet them at your door, you might be surprised what you're told by them.