Product: Lowes Warranty Rating: 4 Stars Clear all filters (3 of 114 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Product:
Rating:

Lowes - No Coverage

4.0
We bought an extended warranty on a Craftsman battery powered weedeater. Customer service had to call someone to ask what to do with an extended warranty (very rude associate). I was told to contact the number on my protection brochure. I was then directed to take the item back to the store because it's still under their warranty. So why did I bother to buy the warranty? I'll be calling Craftsman myself.

We had the receipt when we visited the store. Customer service should have known the item was still under mfg.

warranty instead of directing me to call the extended plan only to be told to bring the item back to Lowes (which I already did). Now I have to make another trip back to Lowes and hope the rep knows how to handle a repair under the mfg. warranty. I have bought extended plans at Best Buy on numerous items and they take care of any problem on the spot.

If it's still under mfg.

warranty they deal with all of that after dropping it off at the store. You buy an extended warranty for peace of mind, not to be given the run around by associates who don't know what they are doing.

@Anonymous

Why not contact the manufacturer first. They will give you a list of service centers that can do the repairs.

Lowes doesn't repair mowers. If they handle it for you they will ship it off to a repair center for repair.

It may sit at the store for a week before it goes out and it may be finished for a week before they go pick it up. You would save time by taking it directly to a service center.

You don't seem to understand what an extended warranty is. The extended warranty take effect after the manufacturers warranty ends. During the manufacturers warranty you need to call the manufacturer and they will direct you to a local service center for repair.

View more comments (2)
Lowes Warranty
Cons
  • Poor attiude
Warranty issue
Loss
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes in Hawkins, Texas - Poor repair service for appliances under warranty

3.7
Purchased a GE washer in May, 15...warranty good for 1 yr. I awoke to 1" of water in the laundry room. I could hear the water dripping in what sounded like the inside of the tub. I turned all water off & called Loews. Their first appt. was 1 week from now. All my towels are not enough to soak up the water, plus dirty laundry is also wet. They were unprepared to help me. I called GE & begged for help, they will be here tomorrow. I just hope the problem is covered by warranty or I could be presented with hefty bill. Don't know where the service truck will be dispatched from...I live rurally.

Your problem is with GE not Lowe's. Lowe's sells the product but GE takes care of the warranty. Had you bothered to read your paper work you could have likely gotten service much quicker

Lowes Warranty
Pros
  • Product was fine
Cons
  • Service unavailability
extremely poor repair availability
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes in Belle Vernon, Pennsylvania - Rude customer service personnel

4.0
My son and I went to the Lowes store in Belle Vernon, PA. He wanted to return a drill set that he had purchased (approximately $399.00 + tax and a two year warranty. It wasn't exactly what he wanted and he asked for a refund of his money. The cashier/customer service personnel asked him what was the problem and he explained it to her. She then called her supervisor. She told my son that he had to have a better excuse for returning the drill set than the explanation he gave her. She reluctantly then said he could get his money back . The clerk who had waited on him counted out his money and practically threw it at him. It turned out that he did not get the money back that he had paid for the warranty. Had she counted the money back to him in a civilized way, I would not have had to make a trip back to Lowes to get the remaining amount of money returned. My major complaint is that any money should be counted back to the customer. This is simply good business etiquette. It might take at least 30 seconds to do this, but the extra time would be worth it. My second complaint is the personnel you hire. These girls are bored and are boring. They are not concerned with good business practices. I will not go back to the Belle Vernon Lowes store in the near future. I will go to the Uniontown, PA store because the clerks are more pleasant and they don't give the customers a hard time.

Why did he buy it if it wasn't what he wanted? Sounds like he bought it, used it for the project he was working on and returned it when he was done.

Retail stores shouldn't be used as a rental shop. You just drive up the cost of goods for everyone.

Krystyn
@Anonymous

Another corporate cronie trying to make excuses for poor customer service ??? You're ridiculous to try to blame the Lowe's customer for having issues in their store!

Have you never bought anything that turned out to he not what you were needing or wanting or expecting ? The ONLY mistake I think the original poster made was to say they would still patronize any Lowe's store at all. There are by far way more places to buy drills or any of the items Lowe's somewhat stocks and you leave happy, not feeling like you have to go to pissed consumer to vent !!!

( no offense pissed consumer, glad you are here so we can advise each other on what corporations to avoid) And I'm here to tell EVERYONE to avoid the type of horrible experience i had at Lowes and that so many others are experiencing to avoid Lowe's at all costs , there is a high probability you will have the same wretched experience we had ! You sir are as ridiculous as Lowe's !

@Krystyn

Sure there are plenty of other store to buy drills. They don't want you bringing them back after you have used them either. Do your research before you go out and spend $400 on tools.

Krystyn
@Anonymous

I just spent 39.99 on an AWESOME drill with ALL sorts of attachments and a carrying bag at Home Depot. I LOVE my new drill and couldn't be happier with it.

My dad who lived to be 89 bought ALL of his tools, mowers and appliances at Sears. He was a huge fan of craftsman. I still have some of his tools and an air compressor that he bought from them some 40 years ago.

So YES there are a multitude of places to by items that Lowe's sells and you don't have to put up with their rudeness.

And do you honestly think anyone would buy a product, use it, then return it ( soooo unethical ) and then go on a public forum to complain about it ???? Nooooo way pal !!! "Anonymous" you sir are a dummy !

A little logic and common sense goes a long way !!! I'm gonna tell Lowe's they need to keep the money they are paying you to defend their rudeness and hire me to train their employees !

View more comments (3)
Lowes Warranty
Cons
  • Personnel working there
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Instruct you employees to count back the money whether at check out or for refunds

Contact Lowes Customer Service