Product: Lowes Washing Machine Installation Clear all filters (4 of 4 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Product:
1.5
TERRIBLE! WISH I COULD RATE AS ZERO! NOT GIVEN THAT OPTION, OF COURSE! PAID FOR A NEW Whirlpool washing machine and set it for delivery. It came a week later on Saturday. I could hear a GOOD amount of water sloshing inside when I moved it. Called manager and was told...
Machele

Obviously, some bright light at Lowe's messed up and gave you a used, probably returned washer. The Lowe's manager probably thought you would be happy to just have it replace, little-knowing how irately you reacted to his not bothering to call you back after he said he would.

This happens and, of course is a reflection of the manager's attitude toward courtesy and customer service.

It is not a reflection of Lowe's corporate. However, big box stores are really not known for really good customer service as they deal on volume plus low prices and them losing you as a customer is insignificant when there are millions of other, less discerning customers out there.

Lowes Washing Machine Installation
Cons
  • Quality
  • Service
  • Response
Damaged or defective
  • Whirlpool appliances
  • Quality And Service
  • Returns
  • Washing Machine

Lowes in Union City, California - Displaced by washer installation- living in hotel

Lowes - Displaced by washer installation- living in hotel
We bought a washer that came with free home delivery and installation. The installer did not connect the hoses properly. He left before test run was complete. Thecwashroom is upstairs. Water was pouring through the dining room light fixtures. LOWES USES A THIRD PARTY COMPANY FOR INSTALLATION AND DELIVERY, but they do not tell you this. The number on the receipt is for a company called DSI but the phone is answered with “You have reached Lowe’s home Delivery”. The damage is so extensive that we are displaced from home. DSI used a subcontractor who refused to provide insurance information. DSI refused to provide insurance information. Days later Lowe’s gave me a claim number, and the adjuster called three days after that. Lowe’s sent an independant adjuster to assess the damages. I made it clear to all parties that I am a renter, please separate the claims. Stevelyn Wright who was assigned my claim said “let’s just keep it in your name for now”. I asked her to assign a vendor to pack/move/store our property so repairs could take place. She became angry and said “WE ARE LOWES, NOT INSURANCE”. I explained that I am disabled and the $500 the adjuster allowed for this service wasn’t reasonable. She repeated her comment, then said “ now the homeowner will just have to go through her own insurance”. Duh, I don’t know why you thought you could get me to take money on her behalf to begin with. It’s been over a month - I’ve spoken with 4 adjusters, wasted countless hours speaking with Lowe’s Customer Care, requested to speak to Mrs. Wright’s supervisor ( no, I can’t have his email or voicemail per customer service. They said they’d send him a message. ) Stevelyn Wright called after I told her I’d use my own insurance. I missed the call, tried to call back. I asked her to email instead, never heard from her. Oh yeah, I have audio of the guy admitting fault. Lowe’s has the audio, photos, and videos. They just don’t care.

It sounds like the people at Lowe's don't have any Conner sense!

How about a class action lawsuit against Lowe's?

Now you know. Lowe's employs subcontractors.

All Lowe's is responsible for is the malfunctioning appliance. The sub must carry his own insurance and bond. You're barking up the wrong tree trying to recoup from Lowe's.

And if it's not your building, it isn't your insurance problem. Your goods and items, yes ; the structure, not likely.

Machele

What does your landlord say about all of this? He has insurance and you should also as a renter.

Between both yours and his insurance plus, of course Lowe's insurance everything should be fine. Except, apparently it isn't.

Get with your landlord, your own renter's insurance and see what can be done. You or your landlord might want to get an attorney involved for the discussions with Lowe's.

@Machele

The landlord and I both have insurance. The problem was that Lowes assumed responsibility then withdrew part of what they said they would cover.The homeowners insurance hasn’t approved repairs yet, and don’t seem to be in a rush.Late to the game was DSI, who eventually provided insurance info, said they would help, then a week later said they wouldn’t.Attorney sounds like the next step, but not sure what area of practice specializes in this type of situation.

View more comments (4)
Featured
Damaged or defective

Lowes in Avondale, Pennsylvania - Issues with LG Washer

3.2
I purchased an LG front load washer that did not drain all of the water at the end of the wash so Lowe's replaced it as it was within 30 days. The contractor delivered the new washer but evidently did not connect something correctly because water poured from the back of the washer flooding my laundry area. I called Lowe's and they aid they would have someone there the next day that they would call that evening to give me the two hour time frame for the next day. I did not receive the evening call but got one the next morning at 9:30am saying the person had vehicle trouble but they would call to give a definite time. No call by 2 so I called them. They said that they would be there between 3 and 5pm. No show or call so I called them at 6. They said that since this was an add-on I would be their last call by 8. No one showed up or called again so I called the next day. The next day I called the store and spoke with a manager. He said he would check with their contractor and give me a call back. Well, I did not get a call back from the manager so I called him again. Basically, I keep getting times when they are supposed show up show up and they just don't show or call and I still can't use my new washer. I'm pissed as I purchased my washer from Lowe's and not their contractor that delivers or installs the machine. Lowes should resolve this.
Lowes Washing Machine Installation
Pros
  • Price
Cons
  • Uncertain delivery time
  • Delivery people not showing up
Problem with delivery
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • Lowes Free Delivery

Lowes - Improper install of washer and missing pieces

2.0
terrible installation of washer and missing pieces of dryer. When When the delivery truck came they claimed didn't have the needed installation cord and couldn't install the dryer as promised. Also, they didn't have any tools and were asking me for pliers and a screwdriver. Then, when they installed the washer they didn't level it, or put it in the right place, or attach the hose guides. Next, when I called the store to fix the situation I was put on hold for an hour twice and told they would call me back which they didn't do, until I called corporate customer service. Also, 4 out of the 6 people I talked to at Lowe's either put me on a hold of longer than 20 min to get rid of me and were outright rude and clearly apathetic.
Lowes Washing Machine Installation
Pros
  • Variety of products
  • Organization of the store
Cons
  • Customer service received
  • Being put on hold indefinitely and hung up on
  • Delivery service did not show up when scheduled
Bad quality