Lowes wastes peoples time

I placed an order online and received all the items via UPS except for one item which it said had to be picked up in the store.After waiting a few days I checked the order online and it said that it was "Ready for Pickup".

I went to the store and they did not have the item and indicated it was special order and they would contact me when it arrived at the store. I told them the website said it was ready for pickup and they couldn't have cared less. They said special order items trigger that on the website when the order is placed with the vendor and I should have known they would call me when it was in. I have attached a screenshot of "Ready for Pickup" - is there something I a missing????

I even called Lowes customer service and they said the same thing????? How am I supposed to know that the store will call me and to ignore the instructions given on the online order?????????????????????????????????? There is no customer service - no one tried at all to make sure I didn't have to return to the store and get it shipped directly to me as that is what I originally wanted and then had to go to the store to pick up something that was not there. The feeling that they didn't care was just so strong.

Incidentally, I have purchased 22k in kitchen cabinets and 8k in appliances from that store over the last 2.5 months and they couldn't have cared less.

I told the manager I wouldn't shop there anymore and told the customer service rep on the phone that as well and they just said "ok".There are so many complaints about Lowes on the internet and I completely understand why - there is a real service ethic that is non existent.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Store manager and customer service
    • Poor customer care

Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Feb 28 #1119576

yeah stomp your feet and say you'll go elsewhere that'll show them.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.