Alum Creek, West Virginia

Purchased electric water heater on 10/29/15. Could not afford their contractor price to install.

Hired a relative. Reset button began tripping immediately. This went on for 2 weeks then breaker knocked and unable to get it to work. I went on vacation.

Relative attempted to locate problem, resulting in calling manufacturer. Prompt to remove heating element. Element VERY old, totally corroded, split full length, corrosion consumed inside of pipe. I contacted lowes, explaining old element had been replaced in my ( supposing my) new tank.

Lowes said I was to call Whirlpool, not their problem. Whirlpool reported def nothing they could have done. Reported on lowes Facebook page. Contacted by their rant and rave, reporting I would receive a call with allotted ant of time.

Received call, their ONLY solution is to bring tank back and they will replace. I explained I cannot do this. I have no more money or man power.

They sold me a tank that's either used, been altered from within their store or has been returned. Lowes should be more than willing to bring a new tank and install it.

Product or Service Mentioned: Whirlpool Water Heater.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Comments

Mountain View, California, United States #1193092

Not so! Just like you said somebody did something but they have no idea whether or not it could have been you!

You did not have it service buy a company so in order to get another you must take the old one out and return it! Seems right and fair to me!