Product: Lowes Window Installation Clear all filters (21 of 21 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Product:

Resolved: Lowes in Elizabeth City, North Carolina - Lowe's Window Installer Destroyed My House

Update by user Jul 03, 2018

Today I learned that the Project Coordinator is back on the scene in Indiana, not the Insurance Agent in North Carolina. I just paid out $22,000.00 to have building code windows in my house and Lowe's out of building code windows removed, and siding replaced from their window installer and band-aide crew they hired.

Sent the insurance agent and the CEO the bill. Gave them until June 27th, 2018 to pay. Nope, even filed a complaint with the Dept of Justice and they won't even reply to them let alone the adjuster that has been trying to get in contact with the insurance agent. Went to return windows to Lowe's Elizabeth City and they refused them on June 20, 2018.

Gave them 10 days to get them off of my property, and not responsible for any damages, or they would be deposed of. Kinda funny dealing with the Project coordinator in Indiana from Dec. 2017-Feb. 11, 2018 and he did nothing while I watched my house being destroyed, then it goes to the insurance agent Feb.

20 2018-whenever, now back to the Project Coordinator. Not only that, the Project Coordinator continues to tell the Bank/Credit Card company that this dispute is resolved and I have been dealing with them since Jan.

2018 on a monthly basis to continue to dispute the charge. Next step, Federal Trade Comission in North Carolina and the Attorney General in Indiana.

Original review posted by user Jun 03, 2018

I contracted in Oct. 2017 to have a 15 window install in my parents house that I am renovating. The last major renovation before selling it. Nov. 2017, they installed the windows and in Dec. 2017 I started complaining about leaks, hole in bathroom wall, installers threw away part of my siding, put roofing nails in my siding which cracked it, used washable caulking that ran down my siding when it rained, caulking cracked all around the windows, damaged a mulled window (still sitting there), damaged 2 bedrooms of paneling, ran out of wood for the trim so instead of a 45 degree, it was left straight, sold me windows not in building code. This is still a ongoing dispute and it is June 2018, HURRICANE SEASON! This has been a nightmare. After multiple phone calls in and out of state, I finally was able to reach someone that had the nerve to give me the project coordinator e-mail address (in Feb. 2018) to send pictures to him about the damages since him and his assistant were totally deaf to my pleads. In Jan 2018, another contractor for Lowe's came out and took pictures and sent his pictures to the project coordinator assistant, nothing happened. I did not get any reply from the project coordinator after I sent him pictures so, I researched and found the CEO e-mail address and included him in the correspondence along with pictures. Then I get a reply that it had been turned over to Lowe's insurance. Adjuster came out in Feb. 2018 sent his report to the Senior Claims Examiner in Legal in March 2018. April 2018 I get a settlement agreement, but by that time I had torn out the paneling and insulation in my walls, to find large and small holes in the outside walls covered up with moisture barrier tape that was leaking into my walls, mold and mildew in my walls, damaged floor, mold and mildew in my insulation. I requested that they include in the agreement that I could resubmit for the additional damages since the adjuster did not see this damage so I could have this repaired and send them the bill. Apparently not! The adjuster wanted to come out to assess the damage for the mold and mildew only in May 2018, not the holes in the outside walls, not the damage floor, just the mold and mildew! Their agreement states that I will not tell anyone about this, I will not sue any employee or their companies and I am suppose to settle for approximately 10-15 thousand less then what the damages are because of their negligence, incompetence, intentional disregard towards someone else's property. They have held my house hostage since Dec. 2017 while I continue to pay taxes, utilities, insurance, HOA fees. I have also had to start including the Senior Claims Examiner in Legal supervisor in my e-mail because of the games she enjoys playing ( out of the office from April 6, 2018-May 10, 2018, she was there on April 12, 2018) I am a senior and retired with limited income that has approximately $60,000 in damages from a window installer that is only licensed by the State of NC for fence, deck and siding! It is June 2018 now, I hope that no one has to go through this nightmare as I have and will probably continue on until they pay for the full damages.

Does Lowe’s use unlicensed installers ?

@Anonymous

Apparently so, this contractor was licensed for fence, deck and siding but not window install, checked around and the contractor wants to start installing windows. My house, his test subject.

View more comments (1)
Resolved
Damages
Preferred solution
Full cost of damages and out of my life

Lowes in Riverview, Florida - Still Waiting!

Signed contract with Lowes on September 2017 to have 6 hurricane sliders installed on our lanai. Payment of over $8,000 was made on day of signing. Windows were installed two days before Thanksgiving of 2017--one window was shattered, but installed with the promise that a new replacement window would be ordered immediately. We were told it would take 6 weeks before the replacement window would be ready for installation. Christmas came and went. Realizing that more than 6 weeks had gone by, I called to find out that the window had never been ordered, but it would be taken care of immediately. I asked the person I spoke with to call me asap with a delivery date--crickets... Called again after a couple of weeks and was told that one individual thought the other individual had placed the order, but it would indeed be ordered immediately. We are now at February 24, 2018, and received a call from Lowes last week that WE could pick up the replacement window. We paid for complete delivery and installation! Am waiting for our salesman to get it straightened out and have the window picked up by the installer and installed. This is 5 months--shattered window, no inspection, case still open!!

I had a 15 window install back in Nov. 2017 and the installer damaged a mulled window (still sitting in house) damaged 2 bedrooms of paneling, put *** in bathroom wall, leaks, damage floor, now mold and mildew.

I tore out the paneling to find that I had holes in my outside wall. Not only are the windows leaking but the water is coming in through the walls. Started notifying the project coordinator on Dec. 1, 2017.

When I finally got someone to give me his e-mail address in Feb. 2018, that's when it went to the insurance. Then the insurance started jerking me around and finally sends me a settlement offer which I refuse to sign because they aren't covering the additional damages, hole in walls, mold mildew, insulation, damage floor. I will continue to fight with Lowe's since they hired a licensed fence, deck and siding installer to install windows.

I can't even stay there due to the dampness and mold and mildew. This case will continue to stay open until they pay for all damages. I asked for them to add in the settlement agreement to include that I could resubmit for additional damages and I would sign the agreement.

Not happening. This is June 2018, please spare yourself from what I am and have been going through, I am retired on limited income while I watch my house coming apart.

Review
#1196888 Review #1196888 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Window Installation
Cons
  • Incompetence
Price reduction

New window installation from Lowes in Mesa AZ

2.0
Had new windows installed on 3/2017. Installers were here and did a good job. They pointed out 1 window was scratched and one screen torn. They said they would tell Lowes about it. 2 weeks later and they said they knew about it and that the screen would be replaced during the summer, while we were back in MN. And the window would be waiting for us when we return. Got back to AZ the 1st part of Nov, 2017. No new screen. Called the same # and they knew nothing about my situation. Went to Lowes Wi dow dept, they were going to contact Kevin, the salesman who sold the windows. Went there 2 weeks later and they said they would contact him, although nothing was in their records. Another week went by went there again. Now I am told they don"t work with the window salesman and give me his cell phone# called twice and left 2 messages, you guessed it, no return calls. We went to complaint dept, they assured me it will be taken care of. Finally got a call back, they said they will come out and take a look, but they didn't know about the screen. Told me they would be out on Jan. 15, 2018 between 1 and 5 pm. No onw showed up, nobody called.
Lowes Window Installation
Cons
  • His total lack of concern for my needs
  • Window people blowing me off and not returning calls

Lowes - Empty Promises

3.7
I ordered three windows and after several months of empty promises my windows were installed. I was promised a three hundred dollar compensation mid way thru the experience. After two months the windows were ordered wrong causing me to patiently wait while the windows were reordered. during the process I was promised a compensation for my pain and suffering only if Lowes was permitted to fix the issue. After several additional weeks of waiting the windows sat in my yard waiting for the installation. Here is the kicker the regional manager being aware of my issue called asking how I liked my new windows, all awhile they were sitting in my yard. after the windows were installed I was asked to sign away my right to seek a claim if the windows leaked before my promised compensation was awarded some deal. I as promised will never use Lowes again and I'm going out of my way to see that none of my associates do either. Over 4500.00 spent at Home Depot and growing.
Lowes Window Installation
Cons
  • Poor or nonexistent customer service clerk beyond disrespectful
  • Management and customer service
  • Slow response to issue
Price reduction

Lowes in Indian Harbour Beach, Florida - Horrible install office

4.0
Installed sales has been a disaster. Ordered one window December 2016. Here it is November and they still have not installed the proper window. To summarize: 1. Delay ordering due to staff vacations, no communication in install office. Months! 2. Window arrived to store but we were never notified. Weeks! 3. Contractor delay installation, never returned phone calls. 4. Installer arrived at dusk and installed window improperly. 5. New installer arrived a month later and laughed at previous contractor work. 6. Month Later new window installed 7. Failed inspection - Not tempered. 8. New window arrived a month later, no one called me and I had to track down installer to setup my own time. 9. New window was not obscured and still NOT tempered. 10. New window arrived and waiting on third installer to call me. NEVER EVER DO BUSINESS WITH INSTALL OFFICE !
Lowes Window Installation
Cons
  • Never called
  • Claim we did not call when we did
  • Lies and disrespect
$5,000

Lowes - Frequent Standups/PTO wasted

I recently purchased a home and the previous owner had a contract with Lowes on Good Middling Dr in Fayetteville, NC to replace all the windows prior to closing. On the day of closing the windows still weren't installed due to the windows being on back order for two weeks, so the mortgage company almost canceled my approval due to this. Well, after the previous owner showed proof of the contract, the mortgage company decided to let me close on the house. This was March 31, 2017. Periodically throughout April, the salesperson at Lowes kept calling me to see if I had heard from the installer, said that the windows were back. I told her no and that she's the only one who had been calling me. Finally on May 1, 2017 the installer called and asked what day would be good for me. I requested a Saturday since I'd already used a lot of my paid time off to move. He said he had to get up a crew and that he would call me by the following day to let me know if they could do the install the Saturday of that same week. Never heard from him. I called the salesperson back and told her what happened. She said they were having problems getting a crew for a Saturday because that's not their normal workday (which he could have told me that instead of just not calling back at all). I said ok forget the Saturday, I'm willing to *** any day that's good for them. Oh so then he decided to call and scheduled to do the installation today, May 15, 2017 around 9am. He just called me at 8:37am just to let me know that once again they're not coming and rescheduled it for tomorrow, said the lead person in his crew called in sick. Luckily I'm off today due to having a stomach virus because if not he would've cost me a vacation day for nothing. And if I don't find anyone to stay here tomorrow he still may cost me a vacation day when it should've been done today while I was home sick ( my original house sitter has a virus also). So we'll see if they finally show up tomorrow but I have a feeling I'll be wasting a vacation day if I'm not still sick. These people don't seem to care that you lose paid time off when they keep rescheduling like this or that I cannot schedule to get my house secured until they install these windows. They're lucky that the previous owner has the contract and not me because I would've canceled it by now and went straight to Home Depot!

Update: The contractor showed up on May 16, 2017 to replace the windows and out of 15 windows only 7 of them were the correct size, so 8 had to be reordered and told me it will be a month before they return. On a positive note, they did do a favor for me while they were here and turned my patio blinds around for me because they were originally sliding in the opposite direction that the door slide.

The guys were actually a friendly group of guys. They are schedule to return on June 19 to replace the remaining 8 windows so I will do a final update following that day.

Take a look at Home Depots complaints for installers. Too many people go about having product installed the wrong way.

When you buy from a big box store they sell you the product and subcontract an installer to install the product. You never know who you will end up with. You are better off finding a contractor to install your product and working with them to purchase the product.

That way you know exactly who will be installing your product and will have direct contact with them for installation. You will also pay less because the big box store is not marking up the installation cost they subcontracted out.

View more comments (1)

Lowes - Window Installation Review

1.9
Bought 6 windows from Henderson Texas , took almost 5 months for them to get installed. First windows showed up and they were not right size. I still think they never got them rebuilt. Could not get anyone from store to respond unless I sent nasty note to corp customer service. Installer had a really bad attitude, he broke bricks loose and then was upset he had to repair them. He's as bad a brick repair guy as he is a window installer. Quality of windows absolutely stinks. There manufacturer should not be in business. I told lowes in one email I did not want to talk to anyone from store again, they have no comprehension of the words "do not want". I have requested my money back, I'll buy windows somewhere else and they can pick their junk up out of yard. They do not listen.
Order processing issue

Lowes in Louisville, Colorado - Waiting for window to be installed 2 1/2 months later.

1.7
So disappointed. Ordered our window from Lowes in August. Waited for the window to be made and shipped to Lowes, then waited for the Installer to call us and set up a time to come install the window. They wee 2 weeks out. The day that the installer is to come install the window, Lowes calls and says that the window is broken and they are going to order another window and once it is rec'd at Lowes the installer will call again and set up a time and day to install it. The window arrives at Lowes and the installer calls to set up a day and time for installation, I ask if they can make it in a day or two since this is the 2nd attempt at installing the window. They say no. So we wait the 2 weeks for them to come and install the window. On the day they are to come install the window; we get a call from Lowes saying that the window is broken, again. I talk with the manager Dominic and let him know that we would like a discount on the window and that we would like that it be installed as soon as Lowes gets the window again, so we don't have to wait the 14 days for installation. He said that sounded fine. Called Lowes and they said that the window is in and that the installer will call to set up a time to come install it, installer called and said that no our schedule is full and the only time we have available is 9 days from now and if you don't take that time that it will be even longer untii the window can be installed. Very rude. The whole situation has been unacceptable. Will never buy windows from Lowes again. It will take a lot for me to purchase anything from Lowes in the future.

I'm pretty sure the employees at the store did not break your glass on purpose. They do not and cannot control shipping from the vendor or the trucking company that takes it to the store.

They do not control the installers schedule. They try to provide you a product and service but cannot oversee the window from vendor to your home. I'm sure you were put out and believe you are deserving of some sort of discount. I can only imagine the attitude and frustration that was on display when you were told the second time it was damaged.

It's a window... 94% of customers are saying that they had great service and will recommend friends and family to Lowe's.

You were in the 6%. I'm sorry this happened to you.

Damaged or defective
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered
Tags
  • Window Window Installation

Window purchase and Lowes home install

Had a contract with Lowe's on the Install of window I bought there. The contract stated type of window, amount of contract, and time to complete. Paid the amount in full before they started any work. Two elderly carpenters showed up to do the work on a Wednesday. When I arrived at the house at approx. 2:30pm they were packing up to leave and had installed two windows and work look good. They came back on Thursday worked until approx. 4:40pm had put in rest of window but no interior trim. Got a call from lowe's looking for an additional $700.00 for labor and materials to finish. Told them no way had a contract and expected them to honor it. Had to go to store and haggle with a member of management and he agree to honor contract the way it was written. On Monday the workers showed up used old trim boards from previous window, did a horrible job putting up the trim and left. After contacting the local management and the company comsumer division nothing has been done nor has anyone contacted me. Luckly for me I have a Home Depot near me that I will now use. So future Lowe's patron buyer beware....Very disappointed in Lowe's
Pricing issue

Lowes - Window Installation Review from Merrimack, New Hampshire

Our Lowe's experience.. We bought our first house, a foreclosure, 3 years ago. As you can imagine we have spent a lot of money at Lowe's stores since we have done all of our home improvements thus far on our own. This summer we decided that our hard earned savings should go towards new windows for our home. We had a few different companies come through and give us estimates. We ultimately decided to go with Lowe's. The Lowe's window salesman was very nice and promptly responded to any questions we had.. That was until we signed on the dotted line and the install went bad. Lowe's contracts out their installers and according to Lowe's the installers for our project were "their best guys". Well that is sad or comical because after the instal was "done" only 8 windows were in because two of them were ordered to be the wrong size. This meant they had to put the old ones back in which was done poorly to the point that nothing was tightly sealed from the outdoors and they screwed the windows shut so for 3 weeks we were unable to open those Windows. Besides that the 8 Windows that were installed also had problems. We splurged on new exterior trim but for some reason the installers decided to not use a bunch of the materials that were in our basement so the exterior had new white trim but all of the old green strapping around the Windows. The trim was not sealed to the house leaving large gaps. Not to mention the million nails left all over my yard and patio. Per contract my husband was there all day, had to use a vacation day. He brought up all these concerns to installers but they had excuses such as not having the right materials... HELLO THAT DOES NOT MEAN YOU JUST CONTINUE THE JOB AND HAVE IT BE ***! As frustrating as installation day was it is how Lowe's handled the situation which was worse. We didn't hear from them for days upon days even when they say they will call you by the end of the day they don't. Finally, after my husband called the store manager and higher ups they sent the owner of the installation business and a couple guys out to fix the trim and install the last 2 Windows. They also told us in terms of getting some money back for our inconvenience and wasted second vacation day they "would make us whole". We did not go in to this project expecting money back but considering all we went through and how much money was spent we feel it's the least they can do. However, since second installation we have been told a refund is not going to happen so again we called higher ups who said they would be in touch that night and that was over a week ago. Had Lowe's actually cared about our inconveniences and handled them in a professional and timely manner I would not be writing this review. But they didn't and now we will be sure to never shop at Lowe's again which is unfortunate for them because we still have many projects to go. I will also be sure to share our fiasco with all friends, family and now millions of others!