4.3

I was just fired from Lowe's. Last year I was diagnosed with prostate cancer and missed some time off due to being ill from my treatments.

It wasn't until after I was put on a final for missing work that they agreed to wipe the slate clean because I brought up other situations where employees were allowed to miss more time than me and had been there less time than I. So I had 3 occurrences as they call it since Jan 1 when they said they were wiping the slate clean and I was told that I had more than 5 and I was let go. I still believe I should have never even been on a final. I have cancer I mean really

I know for a fact one other employee was allowed to miss weeks at a time due to anxiety.

Which our H.R had a special arrangement for him. By the way I was told by the Store manager and ASM that they checked for me and I wasn't eligible for FMLA when I was going through treatments.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss work experience. Lowes needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned work experience in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Lowes.

Comments

Orlando, Florida, United States #1214472

You were eligible for intermittent leave. HR and management should have informed you.

File a claim against them. You will win

Raymore, Missouri, United States #996269

Yes you were able for FMLA, you HR should have had you apply whit the Reed Group. They handle the FMLA process!!

Your cancer is a reason to be approved for FMLA!!!! It is for serious or chronic conditions