State: Maryland Clear all filters (70 of 4884 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:
Show

Lowes in District 1 Abingdon, Maryland - Delivery issues

I scheduled a washer and dryer delivery for Sept 15 2019, Sept 5 the delivery company called and said it would be delivered on the 6th. Informed them I was on vacation and not home. Was told ok and rescheduled for the 15th. In subsequent days I received 2 more calls with different delivery days. I get home on the 14th expecting a phone call about delivery. On the 15th I still haven't received a confirmation on the delivery time. So I call Lowes in Abingdon Md. and was told there is no delivery scheduled and the dryer is out of stock. I cancelled the appliances purchase.
Lowes Shipping Service
Order processing issue
Purchased a 36" wooden transom only needed 35" so I removed 1". When I attempted to install I noticed that it would not fit flush. I noticed that there was a 6" x 1/8" gap in the front lower section of the wood. Sat. I took the defective transom back to store 0691...
Lowes Manager
Cons
  • Customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes in Baltimore, Maryland - *** poor workmanship on hot water heater

On12-18-17 purchased hot water tank from Lowe’s in Glen Burnie Maryland witch used there contractor to install and on 12-20 -18 the sotter came apart and flooded basement the tank was on its side tearing out pipes to all plumbing was floating I called abbots plumbing they said contract had expired 2 days prior and for me to call Lowe’s witch I spoke to manager he said oh that’s not good and to call another manager next day witch I did witch gave me another number to call and 4 days later I am still waiting on a call I contacted the Americans water heater co .witch gave me a case number 10856946 person named James. Said this is Lowe’s responsibility to take care of this horrific tragedy my mother is handicap and 86 years young and needs water I have been a customer since 1991 and I am very disappointed with Lowe’s not steeping up to the plate on this situation I hired a plumber to stand tank back up and rehook up and pumped out all water in both basements and have fans running please contact me about this situation with a salution to this mater Sharon Taylor 443-783-3295

How does a water tank just fall over? Curious.

#1619724

Water heaters typically have a 5-6 year warranty through the manufacturer, you would need to contact them for a return authorization number which would allow Lowe’s to exchange your water heater.

#1619402

You do realize that Lowe’s does not manufacture water heaters, they only sell them. Therefore Lowe’s has absolutely nothing to do with the workmanship or quality of the product. If the water heater failed you need to contact the manufacturer.

#1619180

There may be more to the story than is being told. It's odd that the water heater was fine for a year without a leak and now a solder joint fails and floods the basement. Bet someone or something fell into the heater and broke the joints.

View more comments (3)
Lowes Water Heater Installation

Lowes in Chaptico, Maryland - Terrible

3.8
Called appliances at the California md Lowes Toni answered she was very rude and instead of helping me she transferred me without telling me to front desk I had a question about an item being in stock and she couldn't help me she just transferred me and the phone ended up disconnecting awful experience.
Lowes Customer Care

Lowes in Clinton, Maryland - MY Deck

Had a deck put on by a company Lowes contracted out. A two week deck took 5months and Lowes did not want to compensate me accordingly. I will never give Lowes any business. They have poor customer service, unskilled workers and managers that you can never speak to.

What do you want them to "compensate" you for? It sounds like your deck has been installed.

You don't say there is anything missing or that it wasn't built as planned.

You don't say that you had to hire someone else to complete the deck. Yes, construction delays can happen but unless your contract had a specific date for completion of the project with penalties spelled out it doesn't sound like they owe you anything.

Review
#1421971 Review #1421971 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Problem with delivery
Loss
Preferred solution
Price reduction

Lowes

4.5
The people at store 0719 in California md are rude head cashier Darlene and shanika are rude and don't want to do any work I asked them to help me with my purchase they rolled their eyes and started talking to other countries workers I will never come in Lowes again because of there level of rudeness

You can't expect the cashiers at any store to leave their register to either help you shop or load your purchase. They are there to check out customers and walking away from the register leaving the cash un-attended would be a security risk as well.

Keep in mind you are shopping in a big box store rather than a full service store. If you need help, look for someone on the sales floor to help you.

@Anonymous

I was talking about the ignorance of them not asking them to leave the register just wanted them to guide me in the right direction I was asking for good customer service clearly they lack those skills I wouldn't expect them to leave the register to help me I just expect them to have class .

@Anonymous

Yes, because when I think of Lowe’s, I think of “Class”! Especially from a barely over minimum wage cashier.

How about you class up your posts with some punctuation. These run on sentences are very ignorant and rude to the reader.

@PCFL2592

I don't have to use punctuation for a post this is my opinion if you don't like what I'm saying get off this post you just as ignorant as the two ladies working there a post don't need punctuation it can run a d run until I run you out this post you not worth my time or energy so bye felicia

@Anonymous

The "writing" of the OP is painful to read.

@PCFL2592

How bout you comment on the situation and not my grammar you clearly ignorant for not reading the situation and giving the proper imput

@PCFL2592

I can’t keep up. Who is Felicia?

Was she rude to you as well? Or was it just Darlene and Shanika who rolled thier eyes and walked away from you?

@Anonymous

Both of them shanika and Darlene were rude you weren't understanding that I was frustrated of the service they gave me so I said bye Felicia it's an expression used when someone isn't getting the point. I was did respected by them and they provided terrible customer service that's all I have to say

@Anonymous

Bye Felica actually means "get out *** High levels of disrespect associated with such a term. You will never receive respect if you are a disrespectful person yourself.

@Get educated

You are missing the point of the situation so I'm done the situation occurred it's done and over moving on

@Get educated

U disrespectful and dumb nobody asked u for your opinion

@Get educated

Yes... I always find the ones complaining about someone being disrespectful, are usually the ones who are the most disrespectful themselves.

@Anonymous

Why would you expect a cashier to know where everything in the store is located?

@Anonymous

Nobody said anything about cashier knowing where an item is the post was about asking for help with purchase and the service by associates are bad so I'm done you are completely missing the point

View more comments (13)

Lowes in Hagerstown, Maryland - Drenched by Flower Pot at Garden Center

Pulled a large pot of water download for me. Just had foot surgery. In surgical shoe. Lowe's local staff treated me horribly. Water got into my Galaxy Note phone. Ruined the speaker. Lowe's said no one saw me pill pot off shelf which had no roof. Many employees saw me wet. Offered no help. Basically called a 67 year-old woman with a $10,000 credit limit with Lowe's a liar. Local mgmt unprofessional. Efforts to contact corporate management through certified mail failed. Life long cust. Their loss. Msny home projects planned to get house ready to sell. No wonder they sre closing stores.

I didnt quite understand your first sentence.

Ok so you got wet, so what. That’s called life.

It’s NOT their fault directly that you got yourself wet. Indirectly yes as it was on their property. But face reality that is a ACT OF GOD. No ones fault directly and some common sense on your part would have prevented the situation.

A open roof means rain will get in. If the pot was over your head then you should have had a employee get it for you. It’s not about your credit limit but your age does factor in. At your age you would think a smidge of common sense would apply.

Get over it because sometimes in life we have to live with the choices you have made. The only person you should be mad at is yourself. Trying to use your age, financial status, or any future potential purchases is not going to cause them to do anything but laugh at you.

You did this to yourself on their property. That doesn’t make it their fault.

Was this in an outdoor garden center where the rain can hit it? If so water is so meting you might expect to be in a pot you pull off the shelf. Just a fact of nature.

View more comments (2)
Lowes Customer Care

Lowes in Owings Mills, Maryland - Kolbolt inpact

Didn’t take back lyes about lifetime warranty
Product
Lowes Warranty
Not as described/ advertised

Dogs in Lowes

I too shop in Lowe's and see dogs in there quite often. I have also seen dogs walk up to customers while the owner is not paying attention. Who says this customer wants attention from the dog? I do not because I have allergies. I have had to ask people to please keep heir dog away from me and then I get the 'stinky' eye. I love animals (and used to have a dog) but cannot have them near me anymore Employees have told me of having to break up dog fights, clean up messes made by dogs - urine and *** - and many other tales of mishaps by dogs. Who wants to buy lumber already pissed on by a dog? I don't. Stores should not allow dogs in with the exception of service dogs.

I've stepped around dog *** in the aisles of Lowes, only to watch another customer step in it. Leave your damned dogs at home!

@Shopper

When I lived in Vermont, people who let their dogs doo on the sidewalk all winter long and it would snow over it and cover it up. When all of the ice and snow melted in the spring, the sidewalks were all covered with all of the dog doo that had been there all winter long.

There was a whole lot of it and it was really disgusting. They even ran a story in the newspaper about it, titled "Springtime will reveal what dogs doo".

All of those people should have been responsible dog owners and cleaned up after their dogs did their business on the sidewalk. It's the decent thing to do.

View more comments (1)

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111

2445 reviews
2.1
Compare

Lowes Profiling

I work for a home contractor in Baltimore who does approximately 2M dollars a year in the White Marsh store. On a regular basis, I need to send my workers to pick up materials. While my causcasian workers never have an issue, my African American or Hispanic workers are continually followed around the store by the store manager and a big lug that is supposed to be the loss prevention manager. After hearing about this, I went to the store with my employees to view it myself. And sure enough, the store manager comes out and follows my employees around if their skin was any darker than white. I confronted Brian the store manager and he hemmed and hawed, but he knew he was dead to rights. He tried to bribe us with discounts, but I am filing a discrimination lawsuit against him and the store.

It's always about racism, isn't it.

There is no law that states they cannot follow you around on THEIR PRIVATE PROPERTY!! If you don’t like it shop elsewhere.

You won’t get anywhere with a lawsuit or corporate because once again, ITS PRIVATE PROPERTY! They have every right to follow whomever they please on their PRIVATE PROPERTY to ensure nothing is stolen. It amazes me that yet another dumb person feels they have some greater right then the people that are being victimized by thief’s. Have you ever stopped and asked yourself why?

Maybe those employees are not as trustworthy as you have assumed. For all you know they could be stealing Lowe’s blind. You don’t watch them when they are in the store without you, your own people could be part of a big box theft ring. The point is they can follow you if they want and there isnt a damn thing you can do about it.

It’s their right to protect themselves. You making such a stink about it makes you look as guilty as can possibly be. Go ahead. Show the world YOUR lack of intelligence.

If you wouldn’t let a stranger in your house without watching them closely then you have no place to whine about them doing the EXACT same thing you would do.

Did you ever stop and think that they may have a serious problem with groups of men of color shoplifting? No, people like YOU won’t see past that nose stuck up in the air sadly.

They also discriminate against the elderly and take advantage of them. I'm Hispanic and had a complaint about an installation for my mother-in-law and the woman in the store hung up on me in the middle of the sentence great quality customer service! The worst service I've ever gotten in 30 years from Union City Tennessee Lowe's and their installation Department.

View more comments (2)
Lowes Manager
Pros
  • Store specialists
Cons
  • Unbelievably poor service