State: Maryland City: Baltimore Product: Lowes Water Heater Installation Clear all filters (1 of 4 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Baltimore, Maryland - *** poor workmanship on hot water heater

On12-18-17 purchased hot water tank from Lowe’s in Glen Burnie Maryland witch used there contractor to install and on 12-20 -18 the sotter came apart and flooded basement the tank was on its side tearing out pipes to all plumbing was floating I called abbots plumbing they said contract had expired 2 days prior and for me to call Lowe’s witch I spoke to manager he said oh that’s not good and to call another manager next day witch I did witch gave me another number to call and 4 days later I am still waiting on a call I contacted the Americans water heater co .witch gave me a case number 10856946 person named James. Said this is Lowe’s responsibility to take care of this horrific tragedy my mother is handicap and 86 years young and needs water I have been a customer since 1991 and I am very disappointed with Lowe’s not steeping up to the plate on this situation I hired a plumber to stand tank back up and rehook up and pumped out all water in both basements and have fans running please contact me about this situation with a salution to this mater Sharon Taylor 443-783-3295

How does a water tank just fall over? Curious.

#1619724

Water heaters typically have a 5-6 year warranty through the manufacturer, you would need to contact them for a return authorization number which would allow Lowe’s to exchange your water heater.

#1619402

You do realize that Lowe’s does not manufacture water heaters, they only sell them. Therefore Lowe’s has absolutely nothing to do with the workmanship or quality of the product. If the water heater failed you need to contact the manufacturer.

#1619180

There may be more to the story than is being told. It's odd that the water heater was fine for a year without a leak and now a solder joint fails and floods the basement. Bet someone or something fell into the heater and broke the joints.

View more comments (3)