State: Massachusetts Clear all filters (70 of 4877 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:
Show

Lowes in Worcester, Massachusetts - Poor Handling of Online Order, Not Ready for Pickup

I ordered from Lowe's online with store pick up. I received an email saying it was ready for pick up at the store in Worcester, MA at customer service. When I arrived, I waited while the service person talked to friends for 5 to 10 minutes. When she finally paid attention to me, she said my order was not there, and she spent the next 10 minutes calling someone who never came. Finally someone else tried to help, but it took her 20 minutes to locate my order. It was a terrible experience. I got home and saw that two things were missing, which leads to the other problem. I had a 10% off coupon, which was taken off the total when I checked out. However the email I received showed them taking 10% off each item. With no explanation, they screwed up the totals of items. They changed an order of 222 tiles to 221 tiles, and then a separate line for one tile. This was done throughout the email copy of the order. This caused mistakes to be made and for the store to give the wrong totals for two items. Now I have to go back to this lousy store to get the missing items. I received an email from Lowe's asking me how they did. I said poorly. I bet there is no meaningful follow up. This now makes two problem orders from Lowe's in the past six months. I'm going to stop ordering from them.
Poor customer service

Lowes in Wareham, Massachusetts - Special order comes in late.

I ordered a special rug and pad with the promise of 14 day delivery to the local store in Wareham Ma. I was also told that it usually takes less than the 14 days promised. 21 days later I final got the call it was at the local store. I went to the store to pick the rug and pad up and after 20 minutes an employee comes to the customer service desk stating it was not there and it must have been order for an install. I showed the service desk and the warehouse worker the receipt to prove it was not for an install so the warehouse worker went out back again. This time after another 15 minutes a call comes to the service desk that the manager is now working on it. Another 15 minutes and the call comes to the front desk that they found it behind several refrigerators and will be a short time and they would bring it up. Another 30 minutes and the manager shows up with only the rug. He then had to use the computer to see what I had on the receipt. He then proceeded to tell me he could cut the piece of padding from the floor stock, disregarding that the padding was also a special order. I told him find the special ordered pad and keep it with the rug and I will be back to get it another day as I needed to get something done rather than wait. He told me that if I did not pick it up the next day it would have to go back to the buried place he found it at. This total lack of organization in the back room and a total disregard for the customer satisfaction. This is for the first room of 5 rooms and 2 bathrooms I am remodeling. It may be a 30 minute longer drive to the competitors store, but I will be going to the competitor to get the other rooms done.

Just so you know that Lowes is not responsible 2 months later. You should have taken the proper steps and called the 800 number

Lowes Remodeling
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes - Review from Quincy, Massachusetts

Everytime I order something for pick up at Lowe's, I have to wait about 20 mins or more for the items once I get to the store. Don't understand why they have that option for and why send me an email saying it's ready when it's not.

WOW, you people go to a movie and wait in line for a ticket or go to Disneyworld and wait three hours in a line for a ride or attraction, but you gripe that you have to wait 20 minutes for your order at Lowe's. Like, you're the only customer they have to wait on.

Lowe's is run like a retail store, they run each department with a minimal staff and overload and overwork their employees without regards to customer service, though they profess superior Customer Service, it's just a front. So think about it, Lowes overworks their employees to please the customers, so you need to understand one or two people can only do so much.

they will take care of the customers physically in the store first, then internet orders take second place. You are better off going to the store and getting the stuff yourself.

Lowes informed you that your order was ready for pickup. They don't know when the customer will actually arrive to get the order.

It does take time to contact the department and get the merchandise from the back of the store. Every order ready for pickup can't be brought to the front of the store beforehand.

It seems like you would figure out that you are better off just going to the store and buying your products rather than going on line to buy. Like the saying goes...

"Fool me once, shame on you. fool me twice, shame on me." You only have yourself to blame if you keep going through the same process.

Order processing issue
Featured

Lowes in Oxford, Massachusetts - Phone Tag/ and un full filled Promices

Lowes - Phone Tag/ and un full filled Promices
Lowes - Phone Tag/ and un full filled Promices
Trying to resolve an issue with installation of storm door . Door installation was faulty resulting in damage to personal property / removal of my personal property by installer / Promices by Management to send emails but they never follow through. This appears to be the standard operating procedure for Lowes in Worcester, Ma. I talked to Sean and the Asst Mgr. Andrew who make promices but never follow through. This has gone on for a month plus I have contacted the customer cares line to no avail. They say they will forward to senior management. I will say they are all on the same sheet of music as far as jerking customers around.

*promises

It looks bad, but the hole looks like it was needed for the door/door handle that you selected

leomarron

Lowes calls me and again promices to email me with proposal to credit my account for the door, measurement, and install fee. I again wait to see if they will do what they say they will do.

Lowes Installation

Lowes in Springfield, Massachusetts - Got cheaper fence than what I paid for

I ordered and paid from Lowes 7 panels of a Cedar stockade fence June 2 to be picked up by the guy who was going to be putting the Fence in. He went to pick up the fence and was there for over 2 hours while they tried to figure out what fence to give him ( he had the receipt with the fence # on it , too) He came to my house with a fence I didn't order. It looked nothing like the one I paid for. I liked it, so he put it up. I wasn't sure why I had gotten that particular style of stockade, but I trusted Lowes. I went by Lowes today to look at the fence I had installed to try to figure out what happened. I found out it was $6 a panel cheaper than the ones I originally paid for! Went back tonite - the style of the panels I ordered and paid for had been out of stock for awhile. Mmmm, the cashier who rang me up didn't know that? I want cedar ( original order) so that the fence would last linger and the cheaper ones that were installed were Cedar look- not Cedar! Btw, the original fence I paid for is still displayed outside as if they are still available. I still had my receipt and received a refund of $44. My point is that it clearly stated that I paid $50.97 originally on my receipt yet they substituted panels selling for $44.67 knowing I had paid more than that . Grrrrrrrr.. If I hadn't gone in and kept my receipt I would have overpaid $44 for a fence I thought was cedar but wasn't.mu
Lowes Cashier

Lowes in Boston, Massachusetts - Uncooperative honoring manufacturers warranty

I bought a Soleus Air dehumidifier from Lowe's in July '13 that did not work when I tried to run it in May '14. The manufacturer has a one year warranty and says they will work with Lowe's, who no longer carries the brand, to arrange a reimbursement for the nonfunctioning dehumidifier if I take it back to the Lowe's where I got it and have then call the manufacturer. Lowe's refuses to call the manufacturer and basically said it was my problem since I didn't purchase their extended warranty (two different people said this several times about the extended warranty sold by Lowe's). I didn't get the extended warranty because I knew the product was warranted for a year by Soleus. Lowe's did not tell me they would not help me get that refund if I did not buy their warranty. The store is in Hadley, MA.
LadyScot
#820785

Warranty calls to the manufacturer are the consumer's responsibility, not the retailer. Stop being lazy and call them yourself.

#819779

Soleus air had a big recall on their dehumidifiers. Lowes should be able to give you the 800 number to call.

The recall is handled directly through Soleus air and not through the stores. Call and see if yours qualifies.

@Anonymous

He is an employee for lowes

Lowes in Boston, Massachusetts - Mislead

I will tell you that I bought a washing machine for 500 Dollars and was told their would be a $ 50.00 Dollar rebate and saw signs for the 50 Dollar rebate everywhere. Today I received a letter denying my claim for the rebate because it did not have a qualifying item on it. Really,really lame. I sure somewhere in the fine print I am not entitled to the rebate. The rebate was not a consideration in the purchase of the washing machine, but the rejection of the rebate has really put a negative view of Lowe's in my mind. so have fun with the Fifty Dollars and I will remember being mislead by your employees and your fine print whenever I drive by your stores. Save up to 20% on select major appliances $399 or more.* Get a Lowe's Gift Card $50 to $475 by mail with qualifying purchase.** Offer ends 7/9/13.

Please understand the store has zero control over the rebates which are from the manufactures. Not the store.

Perhaps if you had actually gone in to talk to a manager they would have taken fifty bucks off. Food for thought for next.

@Anonymous

The store is where the rebate has been offered. The store is using the rebate to make sales.

The sales people know what the policy of the rebates are. The store control is to

use this information the way they see fit.

Which is why I will vote with my feet and use establishments.

View more comments (1)
Product
Lowes Gift Card
Loss

Lowes in Billerica, Massachusetts - Lowe's customer service sucks!

Update by user Jun 04, 2015

Good questions twowillies, just got an email about this so I will respond and update, even though the issues is long since over...

The mower was less than a month old at the time and I did try to replace the battery, one person told me to just being the battery in, which I did, only to be told that they don't sell just that battery.

So I later delivered the mower back to them, they returned it within a week, when they went to start it off of their trailer it wouldn't start, so they proceeded to push it off the trailer. Why is unclear to me, it actually makes no sense. As they were pushing it back into the trailer because I said I wasn't going to take a broken mower back they then pushed it back on to the trailer a wheel came off!!! Ya, no kidding!

Turns out it wasn't my mower at all....

They did being mine back another week after that and it was fixed. It was actually a wiring issue which they were able to fix and return to me.

I paid for the repairs and haven't bought an item from them since. In the end they did make good but totally not worth the hassle.

Update by user Jun 04, 2015

Good questions

Original review posted by user Jan 01, 2013

I cannot begin to express my dissatisfaction with the customer service at the Lowes in Essex VT. I'm not sure, but I think I have talked with every manager on staff more then once and I still don't have the answers to my question. I have gone to the store to get answers on three different occasions, called in and been accidentally hung up on by the customer service office as they attempted to transfer me to other departments four different times, called the corporate office and literally talked with 4 different in store managers, some of them more than twice. Each time I hear "I will take care of it and get back to you". Only once has this ever happened and they called me back to tell me they didn't have an answer but would have someone else call me the next day, which I need not tell you, NEVER happened! They looked me up in the system and cannot find ANY of my information confirming that I even purchased the $3000 riding lawn mower with them. Once they did take the mower for service they tell me they cannot find the mower in their store, but assure me that they have it and will check with the local Agway who they have service their mowers because Lowe's staff cant seem to service it. It's a dead battery for god sake, I can service it! Honestly, you can't make the stuff up! The story goes on and on and it is now the dead of winter and I still have not heard from them as to a professional diagnosis on the mower and still do not have a clue as to when I might get it back! I must say this has taken way more time then I anticipated and I will never be purchasing another large ticket item from Lowe's.

LOWES BLOWS

twowilies

We seem to be missing a little information that might let us know if we should find your complaint valid. You don't state when you purchased the mower.

Was it last week, last year, or 10 years ago? A little information for you. There is no customer service office (just a counter maned by a cashier. Lowe's has no in house service department to take care of your problems.

Finally, it the problem is a dead battery, why didn't you just take care of it instead of expecting everybody else to take care of your problem.

Lowe's "Customer Servie" (so-called) is so-o-o-o-o-o bad that I will NEVER walk in their front door to do business with them EVER again! And their "major" appliances?!?!.

. . . .FORGET IT!

Bought TOP OF THE LINE SAMSUNG washer/dryer AND a Whirlpool refrigerator and have NOTHING but problems. And the SUPERVISORS in their "Customer Care Advantage" department are the WORST! Take this review SERIOUSLY! Do yourself a favor.

. . . .PASS on any of their "deals".

They're NOT worth the headache! Good-bye Lowe's!

Loss

Lowes in Worcester, Massachusetts - Incompetent! BUYER BEWARE!

I've been dealing with these clowns for nearly 2 years. I’m in the process of replacing all windows in my home with Pella 850 series windows and new entry doors as well. To say my experience has been unpleasant is an understatement. Phase 1 windows were installed without incident. Overall I’m happy. The custom entryway door on the other hand was a mess. The installer needed to trim the floor back in order to get the door so sit plumb. I told him well before he started the install but he assured me everything would be fine as he has been installing doors for 20 years He didn’t. I wound up going back to Lowes and after nearly 8 months the problem was fixed. That was after I had the door manufacturer out here for an inspection. At the end of the day it was a bad install just as I had said all along. Lowes ultimate made good on it but not without a lot of my time researching and pulling all the pieces together. Of which I should have to do anyway. However... I also had them install a storm door. The problem with that was no sill extender on the custom entryway door. After Lowes came out to inspect... The deemed the door was installed properly. BS! Any fool would know that the wipers on the bottom of the storm door work correctly ONLY when they wipe across the sill. Not the case here. So the alleged Market Director for the Northeast deemed there were no problems. Of course not... You too sir don’t have the skills necessary to make those kinds of decisions. My research on you via the web proves that point! So now we move on to phase two windows. The window in the kitchen SHOULD have matched the bedroom window in terms of size. In other words I could take the screens from the bedroom window and install them in the kitchen window and vv. This is NOT the case now with the new windows. I told the installers from the very beginning that those two windows are the same size so please order the same size. They did not. This was their fault and the installation manager from the store refuses to acknowledge the issue. Why? HES NOT QUALIFIED TO WORK ON THESE TYPES OF PROJECTS! He was more interested in texting on his phone rather than listen to me. So we move on to the phase two window install. I advised the installer that the installation needed to match the phase one install. That means they are installed in a certain location. While going through the process he ripped off the jamb extensions and put his own on (now the paint doesn’t match). That friends should have been a red flag! The windows are NOT in the correct location and in fact they are off an inch. So now the brick molding on that side of the house doesn’t NOT match the front of the house. To make matters worse, the windows are not the right size. They had to shim the rough opening by .75 / side in order to get the window to fit correctly. It gets worse... The basement windows did not have the right jamb extension. While close is size (WHICH I might add should have been another red flag) was still off 1/4". So what did that mean? That had to put a .25 face plate on it all around. Additionally in order to get the windows installed they had to put 2.5" shim on the top and bottom... That’s right! TWO AND A HALF inches of shim top and bottm. WTF?? His exuse? The manufacturer made the wrong size window. REALLY? Are you *** kidding me??? They effed up on either the measurement or Lowes ordered the wrong size. I suspect a combination on the two. To make matters worse the windows are not plumb. In fact they are out 1/4 from top to bottom. Additionally Lowes did not order sash pulls. How the EFF am I to open the windows? The market director for this area is clueless. He called after I filed a complaint and said we'll get the building inspector out there to take a look. We'll also get the sash pulls installed as well. HELLOOOOO The windows are NOT the right size. He would hear none of it. Again... He's not qualified to make these kinds of decisions. For all you consumers out there looking for windows and doors? If you aren’t going to do it yourself then go to a company who specializes in those types of products. After reading many posts on line (some not legit but others are) I'm here to tell you that the installers they employ are there because no one else would hire them. TO be fair... I’m sure that’s not always the case but the ones I've been dealing with are hacks and really don’t give a rats *** about you. You're just another customer that put money in their pocket. Do your homework. I wish I had found this site sooner! I was assured by many that Lowes does a wonderful job. Yep! They do a wonderful job at taking your money, not backing up their work thus screwing the consumer.

Lowes in Boston, Massachusetts - Never trust Lowe's installation

We have a garage door opener installed by Lowe's. We found the installation guy put the opener in a different position than our old one and it sounds wired after the installation. But we let the guy go since it works at least. After three weeks, the door could open only half-way since something stuck. So we went back to Lowe's for a repair since the service agreement has 1-year warranty on installation. But we were told they were not responsible for this issue since the opener is still functional (as it can open half-way). The bad installation damaged my garage door and they ask me to fix the door first then they can check the opener. That's the most ridiculing excuse I have ever seen.
Lowes Installation